PDA

View Full Version : Wishing Desormeaux well with "not an easy" task

Grits
07-20-2010, 06:33 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/114943.html

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. - Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux has begun counseling sessions to address issues involving his alcohol use.

On July 1, Desormeaux failed a breathalyzer test at Woodbine, necessitating that he be taken off Hold Me Back, who went on to win that day's $200,000 Dominion Day Handicap under jockey Tyler Pizarro. In May, Desormeaux was noticeably drunk during a radio interview a few days after the Kentucky Derby, in which he received some criticism for his ride on Paddy O'Prado, who was beaten a neck for second by Ice Box.

Desormeaux, who won last Saturday's Grade 2 Virginia Derby on Paddy O'Prado, will have his two sons, Jacob and Joshua, with him at Saratoga for a month, something he believes will also keep him out of any potential trouble.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-20-2010, 06:49 PM
One of the most dangerous professions in sports...has got to be far worse under the influence, not to mention the safety of his fellow riders. I hope he recives help, ala Jerry Bailey.

Lasix67
07-20-2010, 10:18 PM
He maybe going thru some personal problems, but us cajuns are a tough bunch and we not only know how to ride horses and love them, but we know how to live life to it's fullest whether that is eating, drinking, or just being apart of the greatest culture this country has to offer, so I hope Kent does well.

bigmack
07-20-2010, 10:31 PM
we know how to live life to it's fullest whether that is eating, drinking, or just being apart of the greatest culture this country has to offer, so I hope Kent does well.
I wouldn't be too sure, I've heard good things about the culture in Peoria.

'Bout the only thing to come of this thread of note is some hack handicapper throwing away another loosing ticket and saying "He's probably back on the juice"

Lasix67
07-20-2010, 11:01 PM
I wouldn't be too sure, I've heard good things about the culture in Peoria.

'Bout the only thing to come of this thread of note is some hack handicapper throwing away another loosing ticket and saying "He's probably back on the juice"

Peoria? Your just joking aren't you?

Grits
07-21-2010, 08:34 AM

Mack, this is a bit of a stretch.:faint: My concern for what this man is facing is genuine. As far as the thread being felt less than noteworthy--others may disagree. DRF thought it interesting enough to interview him and place his comments on the front of their website.