PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Spot Plays

theguarantee
07-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Finger Lakes 5th
Ordinarily I'd be all over the shipper the 2, but with a pair of wide trips and being checked in three starts at Belmont, I'm not sure the class drop will be enough at the FL.
Instead, I'm looking for a huge form reversal from the 5 NB Ravens, stretching back out and dropping to the bottom. Stubbornly using on top.

exacta 5/1,9
tri 5/1,9/1,2,9,10

Sweet on Bernice always gets way too much money. I'm not really sure why, been trackside a few times he's run and you hear a lot of people saying "Sweet on Bernice", I honestly think the horse gets bet on name alone. Other part of the entry obviously is the dangerous half off last three outings, but with the layoff since I think is worth trying to beat. The 2 horse could take a ton of money as most shippers of that ilk do.

Also WPS barring a highly unlikely bet-down.

Race 3:
Pk-3: 1/2/5,9

Not entirely sure Cute Jammies will run but I like the quick wheel backs on horses that can be dangerous, draws post 2 and at those odds would be lethal in here I think.

Race 6:
50 cent pk-4
7/1,3,4,5,7/2,7/4,10
Grasshoppa is another that takes money but I think Rizzi's Twist is the better horse and I like drawing outside in here. Going deep in the second leg but also like Milwaukee's Finest at 15/1, horse has some ability and might just get it done at bomb odds. Could see any of these winning really. 8th race is tricky but gun to my head I like Victorious Song the most here. In the last I kept it simple, the horse I think is best Flo's Honor and the most likely of those 6/1 or higher, Senegal.

Race 7:
pk-3
1,3,7/2,7/4,10

Delaware Race 2:
1 - WP
1,4 ex box

Going long. Trainer on the one has been very good ITM but unlucky in winner's circle. I think the 1 is going to love moving to the rail and I'm hoping outruns them early and hangs on late. If I'm right I think the 4 might be capable of picking up the pieces shipping in having gone decently past going further at Crc.

Colonial Race 4:
7 WP
Major improvement since running on the turf. Think is better than Rags despite losing at this distance, rallied fairly evenly going shorter last out. Not many of these have even raced this distance, much less hit the board as weak as that field may have been.

ex:
7/6,10
6,10/7

tri:
7/6,10/6,10

Good luck today.

theguarantee
07-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Odd day.
Sure wish I picked the 4th race at FLX to get vertical instead of the 5th with Cute Jammies paying 63.00. How often do you single a $63 winner in a pk-3 and not even come close to hitting it?
Some nice prices underneath, but nothing to show for it.

7 at Colonial saved me, but nowhere near on exacta or tri.

lamboguy
07-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Odd day.
Sure wish I picked the 4th race at FLX to get vertical instead of the 5th with Cute Jammies paying 63.00. How often do you single a $63 winner in a pk-3 and not even come close to hitting it?
Some nice prices underneath, but nothing to show for it.

7 at Colonial saved me, but nowhere near on exacta or tri.
great pick on the $60 horse at finger, i had the same guy, i watched him the time before and had him marked up as a playback. but i bet a million losers as well today, but the $63 kept me out of to much trouble.

good luck and keep up the good work, just make sure when you like a horse at big odds you have something to win on him, it hurts not to cash a nice on like that.

theguarantee
07-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Yeah, has I known the odds would be so high I would have. Unfortunately I had to run around today so made all my plays early-on.

Congrats on having the same horse. Hope you at least took down the exacta as well.

lamboguy
07-21-2010, 02:00 AM
Yeah, has I known the odds would be so high I would have. Unfortunately I had to run around today so made all my plays early-on.

Congrats on having the same horse. Hope you at least took down the exacta as well.
no exacta for me, i didn't play it, i could never come up with the second horse. anyway i find it real difficult to pick one let alone 2.. to make money in this game you have to be on top of it at all times. so betting and walking away don't get it. they allow you to cancel wagers, and if you see your horse bust through the gate before the race the percentage says to cancel your bet. if you are out doing errands you can't do that. not trying to be a jerk, but telling you like it is.