PDA

View Full Version : Obama the Job Killer: Tarp report

JustRalph
07-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Obama's own Inspector General of the Tarp program tells it like it is on Tarp and the GM debacle.

TARP audit claims Obama admin destroyed “tens of thousands” of jobs in dealer closures

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/19/tarp-audit-claims-obama-admin-destroyed-tens-of-thousands-of-jobs-in-dealer-closures/
From the link

President Obama’s auto task force pressed General Motors and Chrysler to close scores of dealerships without adequately considering the jobs that would be lost or having a firm idea of the cost savings that would be achieved, an audit of the process has concluded.

The report by Neil M. Barofsky, the special inspector general for the Troubled Asset Relief Program of the Treasury Department, said both carmakers needed to shut down some underperforming dealerships. But it questioned whether the cuts should have been made so quickly, particularly during a recession. The report, released on Sunday, estimated that tens of thousands of jobs were lost as a result.

more at the link

“It is not at all clear that the greatly accelerated pace of the dealership closings during one of the most severe economic downturns in our nation’s history was either necessary for the sake of the companies’ economic survival or prudent for the sake of the nation’s economic recovery,” the report said.

more the link

Greyfox
07-19-2010, 07:17 PM
The moratorium on drilling in the Gulf is also causing the loss of thousands of jobs.

http://www.epmag.com/2010/July/item63533.php

The failure to clean up the spill right from the start is costing thousands more as well.

Mike at A+
07-19-2010, 07:33 PM
If I've said it once I've said it a zillion times. Every time Obama goes on TV and demonizes companies that make a profit or calls their executives "fat cats" or threatens to tax them, the businesses reply "Oh yeah? No new jobs coming at our company". This is basic Common Sense 101. Which leads me to believe what I have been saying all along. Obama DOESN'T WANT to create any private sector jobs. He wants a good chunk of the middle class to drop down into the lower class. So far he's doing a great job.

newtothegame
07-19-2010, 07:43 PM
If I've said it once I've said it a zillion times. Every time Obama goes on TV and demonizes companies that make a profit or calls their executives "fat cats" or threatens to tax them, the businesses reply "Oh yeah? No new jobs coming at our company". This is basic Common Sense 101. Which leads me to believe what I have been saying all along. Obama DOESN'T WANT to create any private sector jobs. He wants a good chunk of the middle class to drop down into the lower class. So far he's doing a great job.

been saying it a while myself Mike...this guy just as soon have us all DEPENDING on the government. Problem is....just look at the world economies..and it doesn't work.

boxcar
07-19-2010, 07:54 PM

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Yup, absolutely right. No one can be this stupid. This is a well planned attack on the private sector.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
07-19-2010, 09:26 PM
they were giddy with power and couldn't wait to send out those notices to dealers to shut them down. I mean they had to cut them like NOW as if they were bringing down the car industry. it was nonsensical. frankly, the regime excels at killing off jobs, it is their forte.

then they'll turn around and put a billion dollars into some battery factory so they can hire 500 people.

its like any industry they consider dirty or greedy, they can't wait to take them down. Yet any "green" industry they can't sink enough money into them.
of course what do you expect from community organizers and professors.

Tom
07-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Would you buy a used car from this man?
A lot already have! :lol:

LottaKash
07-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Some would call this condition, "Fascism".....

best,