PDA

View Full Version : Rachel: Nice, loose and happy in a.m. work

Grits
07-19-2010, 01:19 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/114903.html

Her fractions were 12.58 seconds for the first eighth of a mile, and 25.01 seconds for the first quarter; she galloped out five furlongs in 1:03.52, according to Saratoga clockers.

When asked about the possibility of a start at Saratoga, a likely spot being the Personal Ensign at 10 furlongs on Aug. 29, Asmussen called it, "a strong possibility," saying, "Right now, we worry about timing more than anything, and we're looking at two or three possibilities off of [the Lady's Secret]. I think she is doing really well right now, and we're hoping it culminates at the end of the year."

joanied
07-19-2010, 04:40 PM
It's great to know she's a happy horse now...they put her through the wringer trying to change her, glad she won that fight, and now that she can be Rachel...she's happy! Sounds like a great work, I especially like the phrase "controlled energy"...is is Saturday yet;) :D

Also liked this from the article:
"Asmussen said he is looking at three spots for Kantharos, all at Saratoga: the Sanford (July 25), Saratoga Special (Aug. 16), and Hopeful (Sept. 6)."

I'm anxious to see this colt race again...stepping up in competition, I would assume...hope to hell he stays sound & healthy, because he sure looks like he could be something special.

BluegrassProf
07-19-2010, 06:45 PM
They didn't "put her through the ringer;" she's rounding back into form.

You [perhaps inadvertantly] greatly overstate the impact of things like equipment, and feed right into the rare-but-comical claims of mistreatment and mismanagement...no reason to legitimize the construction, which ultimately shifts focus from the reality of RA's campaign to date and form over time (an important reality to recognize, and one that provides some valuable perspective). And make no mistake, she's always been plenty happy - you can take that to the bank.

Perhaps you didn't mean that as hyperbolic as it sounded... ;)

joanied
07-19-2010, 07:09 PM
They didn't "put her through the ringer;" she's rounding back into form.

You [perhaps inadvertantly] greatly overstate the impact of things like equipment, and feed right into the rare-but-comical claims of mistreatment and mismanagement...no reason to legitimize the construction, which ultimately shifts focus from the reality of RA's campaign to date and form over time (an important reality to recognize, and one that provides some valuable perspective). And make no mistake, she's always been plenty happy - you can take that to the bank.

Perhaps you didn't mean that as hyperbolic as it sounded... ;)

No, I didn't :bang: and I haven't fed into any mistreatment theories either...but...always a 'but' :) ...I do beleive, and this is my opinion, that they made a mistake keeping her on track for her so called R&R...she shuold have been on the farm...then they did try changing her equipment, and a nearsighted person could see she was sure not happy about that, and she wasn't all too happy about not being able to run her race...but, it's all water under the bridge now...she sure seems a happy horse, and IMO, after her campaign last year, it's really no surprise she's taken this long to get back to her ol' self.
Regardless of the competition on Sat., I hope she kicks ass:jump:

Jasonm921
07-20-2010, 08:06 AM
No, I didn't :bang: and I haven't fed into any mistreatment theories either...but...always a 'but' :) ...I do beleive, and this is my opinion, that they made a mistake keeping her on track for her so called R&R...she shuold have been on the farm...then they did try changing her equipment, and a nearsighted person could see she was sure not happy about that, and she wasn't all too happy about not being able to run her race...but, it's all water under the bridge now...she sure seems a happy horse, and IMO, after her campaign last year, it's really no surprise she's taken this long to get back to her ol' self.
Regardless of the competition on Sat., I hope she kicks ass:jump:

Joanied is right...should have been turned out. She came back to the track as an over weight horse. Yeah she gained the weight that horse normally puts on from 3 to 4 but she had some "love handles". You could see it in the photos from the Fair Grounds. She was a chunk. I even said that after the race she looked heavy....and sure enough a week or so later, after that race Asmussen stated publicly that she was a little heavy and not fit.

joanied
07-20-2010, 11:59 AM
jason...will you be at Monmouth for her race?

joanied
07-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Just took this from a story at the Monmouth Park web site:

"Those considering challenging the champion are Hark, from the Ian Wilkes barn; Queen Martha, trained by Patrick Biancone; Stage Trick, from the Alan Goldberg camp; Starship Angel, a Kiaran McLaughlin-trainee; and Yes She’s a Lady, from team Todd Pletcher."

Geeze...I'll wait til the draw on Wens., but this bunch looks pretty pathetic...I see the Cobra Man has a filly entered...wonder how much 'help' she'll be getting:eek: ...Rachel, IMO, will really have to beat these by many lengths is very good time...otherwise, the bashing will be especially bad.

Jasonm921
07-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah I will be there. The opposition is weak. Ironically with Life at Ten pointed (and won) the Delaware Handicap I don't think the competition would have been much different in the Ruffian. Could be wrong but it seemed Delaware also sapped the Ruffian Hdcp. by taking the talent that appeared in that race.

joanied
07-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah I will be there. The opposition is weak. Ironically with Life at Ten pointed (and won) the Delaware Handicap I don't think the competition would have been much different in the Ruffian. Could be wrong but it seemed Delaware also sapped the Ruffian Hdcp. by taking the talent that appeared in that race.

Oh, good:jump: that means we'll get to see some of your fantastic photos:ThmbUp: ...Life at Ten, IMO is going to be one of the toughest foes rachel or Zenny could face this season...IF they face her. Agree...they sure could have run Rachel in the Ruffian...there must be a method to their maddness...but the lady's Secret has me baffled:faint: