PDA

View Full Version : DRF customer service.

Suff
08-13-2003, 07:13 PM
I don't think I am under any obligation to dismiss the topic simply because I was shut off in another thread am I?

I was told by Marc at DRF to take my business elsewhere in an e-mail he sent me. Actually DRF sent me two suggesting ....Strongly suggesting I take my business elsewhere...

And DRF furthermore told me that they would not respond to any e-mails I sent in support of any products I bought.....and offered me a refund on my existing products that I prepaid for...

It all stems from DRF Insulting my intelligence in a sly way...and when I insulted DRF back in a crude way DRF got offended.

Then DRF sent me a snide e-mail and I sent DRF one back that called DRF a smart ass.... and to toughen up...

Both my e-mails were in "reply" to one DRF sent me. I did'nt iniate e-mail contact with DRF. DRF responded within moments of my public post that included my insult....instructing me to take my business elsewhere.

I understand this to mean... If you say anything offensive to DRF or any its employees on this site.. They will shut you off.

I'm not so sure I want an in-house DRF customer service rep here to engage me, insult me and disrepect me when I have an issue with DRF and screw with my DRF status if I piss him off.

I directed all my comments in my orginal post to a Generic "DRF"...only when Marc Jump in did I go personal...
I can say and post anything I want on www.paceadvantage.com. I should'nt have to worry what I say here will play out at DRF NY.

DRF is No one here.

Besides I personally think The guy they sent is a Bulllshit artist anyway...

The fact of the matter is... Who is he? A DRF custmer service rep?
I called the e-mail number from thier WW site... Located in thier FAQ..and they never heard of them. Although he told me "I'm the only one that complained".

If 100% of the complaints are being called into a service center that does'nt even know who Marc Attenburg is,,, how does he know what the complaints are. So I have no idea who this DRF rep is. Was he requested as the "Voice of DRF" for us?

Fact is ...DRF customer service does'nt even know him
Probably because They Farm out thier customer service to the Propsero group...so in truth Marc does'nt have much of a clue what the day to day customer service rep deals with on Telephone calls..

And even if DRF NY were to get a report of the main complaints ....that would'nt be nearly sufficenet enough to warrant telling me
"NO ONE ELSE COMPLAINED"

and "EVERYONE ELSE" figured it out.

Still does'nt explain how it was incorrect for a year... But anyway

If you told most companies about a defect in thier product before anyone else... they give you a reward.. They are so glad you pointed out a way they can improve...no matter how small.

but not DRF... I told them 6 months ago the URL was incorrect....

Rather than say... Thank you.

They did nothing. and when I told DRF about it here again this week..they said
(minimizing)

Your the only one complaining .(blaming others)

Everyone else figured it out. (I'm not as smart)

This is service? This is bullshit.....

Plus... DRF's been slinging that re-engineering thing around here for way to long... Its so old. Everythime that Posters have been correct in pointing out an error ...DRf rolls out the -re-engineering excuse....

always excuses....and pipe dreams....

we've made a big investment in re-engineering

DRF's worn that so thin... Plus

Saratoga cards (final edition) not up with 4 hours to post. (multiple times)

Missing running lines in PP's

Not informing customers of such.

Incorrect information sent out in 100's of e-mails everyday for a year....(with defective URL)

Lol.. Imagine telling a company they have a defective URL and they say "Your the only one complaining?"

DRF..... Remember... You are nothing here...Your not a King,...or the Queen of England... I did'nt request you... I could care less what you think or what you say.

DRF is full of shit.

sq764
08-13-2003, 09:28 PM
It is bullshit, and just remember that you have options. That is why this country is so great; we do not have to tolerate bullshit.

WINMANWIN
08-13-2003, 09:44 PM
I Agree Suff, Today I sent them an E-mail, stating that Jockey
Jose Santos doesn't have ANY STATS for this meet, Or for the Whole Year. I know Santos has RODE at the TOGA Meet, and noticed the other Jocks had stats, But NONE for Santos. Granted, I know he's doing Poorly this meet, and it's a Jock stat, but SUPPOSEDLY, the RE-ENGINEERING was for missing past performances, Not Jock percentages. Hey, stuff happens, Yes
it does, But, WITH NO CUSTOMER COURTESY, and No
CUSTOMER SUPPORT, The customers have a RIGHT to FEEL
SLIDED, and ANGRY.......:mad:

GameTheory
08-13-2003, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately this has become a very common syndrome with many companies.

They are not interested in putting out the best product they can.

They are not interested in hearing from the customers.

As soon as you start complaining about some screw-up, they say, "We understand if you take your business elsewhere." Translation: we don't want any customers that complain.

They will just put out their crappy and unsupported product and sell it to as many people as they can who will tolerate it without being a nuisance to them. They want your money, but they aren't willing to earn it. They figure they've got plenty enough suckers left over.

I've worked for such places, and always tried to be considerate to the customer. I was usually told by supervisors to (in effect), "Blow them off. Screw 'em." Such attitudes are the main reason I have refused to work for anyone but myself for the last few years. It's a disease, and it always starts at the top. A-holes tend to hire other a-holes, and so on. The boss sets the tone. Every company I've seen where the boss is a great guy has been a great company. Every company I've seen where the boss is an a-hole or a moron has been a lousy company.

Suff
08-13-2003, 10:33 PM
refunds and selling bad cards..

scenario....

Horse player plays one day a week... He downloads a Bad card from DRF... A card That DRF knew as corrupt....Two weeks later he gets an e-mail saying...We ripped you off a buck... and if you want it.... its over there ...Go get it!

To me... Thats DRF's refund poilicy on the bad cards..

They want people to chase them down for a buck or two.

DRF has all the accounts... Give everybody a credit.(s)...??? That bought a corrupt file

Why make them come to DRF with hat in hand asking DRF for a buck or two back? also... in-frequent players might not even get what that e-mail meant to them.

Why make people work for it anyway? Matter of fact...why did'nt DRF just give the card for free. If DRF's posistion today is that I should'nt have to pay for that card... why did DRF charge me to begin with? And why is DRF still charging for corrput files?

Whats good today should have been good a month ago ? No?

How many days of corrupt cards did you sell? 5? 10? Then you got busted...or re-thought it.? Now you think your being a sport by letting people chase you down for the BUCK...

Btw...Patch fixed? no? so the cards are still bad? But your still selling them? But if people e-mail DRF they will not charge you?

Lets see? sell 1000 Bad files... Refund 25 people... DRF still sells 975 corrupt files... who cares about the one's that don't know...or are just "making do"...

Until the BIG RE-ENGINEERING kicks in.

takeout
08-13-2003, 11:18 PM
In another thread, Dave Schwartz said: I suggest that Steven Christ is the best thing that has happened to DRF because the company is finally run by a "handicapper."

I held that same popular opinion for awhile even though I knew that previous owners of DRF had all but destroyed it. I still thought Crist the "handicapper" might make a difference and restore some integrity to the product, which had slipped badly even before Equibase came on the scene. Didn't happen. A lot of the same stuff that was wrong with it before Crist took over is still wrong to this day. I knew it was a bad omen when he proceeded to travel about having his picture taken at handicapping tournaments and acting as his own press agent instead of taking care of the more pressing matters of the integrity of his products and their pricing.

DRF continues to profile and stall at the same time and the public at large has been slow to catch on. But, some acting and a bunch of "grease speak" isn't going to keep air in that balloon forever. Many of us have already left and the ones remaining are starting to ask, "Where's the beef?" DRF had better get some cake underneath of all of that icing because I think they're about to implode.

In a way I almost feel lucky that DRF's inferior product ran me off years ago. After reading Sufferindowns' posts I'm glad I didn't become enamoured of Formulator. Just look at the aggravation it has saved me. :D

kenwoodallpromos
08-14-2003, 01:12 AM
I think using this group to monitor for the drf company is weak. With paper pp's I get no options but online I think Bris ultimate pp's are better!
Suff- what was thge final game score? My ancestral relative Larry Woodall was a catcher for the Tigers 190_!

Suff
08-14-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by WINMANWIN
I Agree Suff, Today I sent them an E-mail, stating that Jockey
Jose Santos doesn't have ANY STATS for this meet, Or for the Whole Year. I know Santos has RODE at the TOGA Meet, and noticed the other Jocks had stats,
SLIDED, and ANGRY.......:mad:

Frequently in Formulator when you click on the trainer or Jockey....I get a pop up screen that says

"Trainer stats not available"....or..." Jockey Stats not available"

Even though I will be clicking on someone like Migilore or Pezua...

I know they have meets stats... But for some reason on that day....DRF has a glitch and they are not functioning for that specific Jockey or Trainer.

To me,,,These are Minor isues that I just ignore...with the old "No one is perfect" thinking...

I am not a chronic complainer... I can say, that in the few years I have been predominatley playing from home.. I have complained 4-5 times. 4 or 5 times in 3 years aint bad.
-------------------------------------------
I am not a thorn in DRF's side

I am not a Pain in the ass

I am not a chronic complainer

------------------------------------

I have a grudge against them for something old....and this issue with the corrput cards got me going and here it is....I'm mad.
I am angry... and usually with me...that goes away in a day or two... But this will not go away...so here I am

I was within a whisker of letting it go... I really was.. But then came the insults and I sunk deeper..

VetScratch
08-14-2003, 08:57 AM
Suff,
DRF is No one here.
Besides I personally think The guy they sent is a Bulllshit artist anyway...
Please don't be too hard on Marc because DRF has indeed subcontracted customer service out to Prospero.

Have you tried communicating in Italian with Prospero?

It worked for me, and they gave me a free eggplant recipe as a courtesy bonus after solving my problems.

WINMANWIN
08-14-2003, 09:56 AM
I am not Referring to trainer and Jock stats, I know what you're
referencing to Suff. When I hit the Blue Highlighted Jock or trainer
Their STATS appear. Many times, It states, STATS ARE UNAVAILABLE. But, According to DRF, Jockey Jose Santos has
never rode a horse the WHOLE YEAR. Yesterday, and TODAY, He
has 2 HYPHENS, next to his name that appear. :confused:

PaceAdvantage
08-14-2003, 10:48 AM
Point made, and made, and made again.

DRF has been nothing but great to this board, and Marc has been nothing but responsive and informative to most requests and questions made by users.

Pointing out flaws in the system are one thing, but making things personal is not what this board is about.

Every company has its flaws....that's what's great about the capitalist system....consumers have the final say.

==PA