PDA

View Full Version : Delmar contest

andymays
07-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Del Mar Online Handicapping Contest

http://www.dmtc.com/contest/

The contest is free and they supply the free PP's each day.

got this by email a while ago.

Del Mar's Online Handicapping Challenge Is Back

Win a Trip to the NHC XII in Las Vegas

Del Mar's Online Handicapping Challenge is back for 2010. It's always a great chance to compare your handicapping skills with horseplayers throughout North America. The winner gets to represent Del Mar in the prestigious and lucrative DRF/NTRA National Handicapping Championship in Las Vegas next January. The tournament boasts an estimated $1-million total purse.

You can sign up using your existing My Del Mar profile. Please verify that your name and address information are current and accurate.

Play up to $100 in contest dollars each day to win, place and/or show on each day's contest race. There will be prizes for the top ten finishers in each week's contest and for the top 100 overall finishers for the season. The top finisher (subject to eligibility requirements) receives entry in the National Handicapping Championship XII in Las Vegas January 28-29.

It's always free to play and no money actually changes hands. We even offer free PPs for each day's contest race.

Remember, though, only one serious account per person. If you wish, you can play "just for fun" not competing for prizes with additional account. Once you have signed up for an account though, you will not be able to change your status from "serious" to or from "for fun". Anyone found to be playing with more than one "serious" account will be disqualified. The top prize winner will be required to produce valid photo I.D. with the name and address listed in his or her contest profile and a SS# matching the last 4 digits listed with serious contest entry.

You'll find complete contest rules here.

This year's Online contest is part of the NCH Tour and NHC Tour Points will be awarded for doing well in our contest. It is the NHC Tour Member's responsibility to notify tournament officials that he or she is a Member of the tour when entering/playing in the Del Mar Handicapping Challenge. Officials must be notified before the start of the Challenge. To do this, you must enter your NHC Tour Pin # when completing the contest registration form. For more information about the NHC Tour or to join, see the NTRA's Website.

Good luck!

fmolf
07-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Del Mar Online Handicapping Contest

http://www.dmtc.com/contest/

The contest is free and they supply the free PP's each day.

got this by email a while ago.

Del Mar's Online Handicapping Challenge Is Back

Win a Trip to the NHC XII in Las Vegas

Del Mar's Online Handicapping Challenge is back for 2010. It's always a great chance to compare your handicapping skills with horseplayers throughout North America. The winner gets to represent Del Mar in the prestigious and lucrative DRF/NTRA National Handicapping Championship in Las Vegas next January. The tournament boasts an estimated $1-million total purse.

You can sign up using your existing My Del Mar profile. Please verify that your name and address information are current and accurate.

Play up to $100 in contest dollars each day to win, place and/or show on each day's contest race. There will be prizes for the top ten finishers in each week's contest and for the top 100 overall finishers for the season. The top finisher (subject to eligibility requirements) receives entry in the National Handicapping Championship XII in Las Vegas January 28-29.

It's always free to play and no money actually changes hands. We even offer free PPs for each day's contest race.

Remember, though, only one serious account per person. If you wish, you can play "just for fun" not competing for prizes with additional account. Once you have signed up for an account though, you will not be able to change your status from "serious" to or from "for fun". Anyone found to be playing with more than one "serious" account will be disqualified. The top prize winner will be required to produce valid photo I.D. with the name and address listed in his or her contest profile and a SS# matching the last 4 digits listed with serious contest entry.

You'll find complete contest rules here.

This year's Online contest is part of the NCH Tour and NHC Tour Points will be awarded for doing well in our contest. It is the NHC Tour Member's responsibility to notify tournament officials that he or she is a Member of the tour when entering/playing in the Del Mar Handicapping Challenge. Officials must be notified before the start of the Challenge. To do this, you must enter your NHC Tour Pin # when completing the contest registration form. For more information about the NHC Tour or to join, see the NTRA's Website.

Good luck!
Andy ... a question.... Ijust signed up for a fun account can i still sign up for a serious account?I think from your post that i cannot... i guess i can try and they will just deny me right?

andymays
07-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Andy ... a question.... Ijust signed up for a fun account can i still sign up for a serious account?I think from your post that i cannot... i guess i can try and they will just deny me right?

I don't know but if you have a problem doing it go to the contact page and email Mary S. She should be able to fix it. I would do it ASAP.

P.S. don't mention andymays anywhere. Mary doesn't like me too much. Can you imagine that? ;)

andymays
07-18-2010, 11:26 PM
Macias Heads Oceanside Field as Del Mar Opens

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57966/macias-heads-oceanside-field-as-del-mar-opens

Excerpt:

Three-time stakes winner Macias is the most accomplished runner in a field of 10 3-year-olds entered for the $100,000 Oceanside Stakes on opening day of the Del Mar season July 21.

For the second straight year, there was no need to split the one-mile Oceanside, which kicks off the Del Mar stakes turf series for sophomores that includes the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 14 and the $300,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) Sept. 5.

cj
07-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Macias Heads Oceanside Field as Del Mar Opens

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57966/macias-heads-oceanside-field-as-del-mar-opens

Excerpt:

Three-time stakes winner Macias is the most accomplished runner in a field of 10 3-year-olds entered for the $100,000 Oceanside Stakes on opening day of the Del Mar season July 21.

For the second straight year, there was no need to split the one-mile Oceanside, which kicks off the Del Mar stakes turf series for sophomores that includes the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 14 and the $300,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) Sept. 5.

Am I mistaken, or weren't there a few times it was split in THREE divisions?

andymays
07-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Am I mistaken, or weren't there a few times it was split in THREE divisions?

There may have been one or two years when that happened. I know for the last 20 years they had at least two divisions (other than 2009). If I remember right there was a time when they ran the race at 7 1/2 furlongs as well. That was probably over 20 years ago.

Twirling Candy looks to have a lot of ability but will be overbet. Other than Macias the field looks kind of dull.

letswastemoney
08-14-2010, 03:13 AM
Just curious, where do you guys stand in the contest? I'm 477th.

laff
08-15-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm in 43rd place. Didn't have the winner today. Make that 45th. I just bet tomorrows race