PDA

View Full Version : help to handifast users

fight
07-18-2010, 08:06 PM
the program is very good.in all nonmdn races do this. add top2 choices points. then add 3rd and 4th choices points. nor subtract the difference.
examples yesterdats holly p6.
5th race 74pts use top2 4-3 3w 62.20
6th race 88pts use top 2 2-7 2w 3.00
7th race 120pts usetop2 6-3 6 w 520
8th race 59pts use bottom 2 9-2 9w 2060
9th race 88pts use top2 4-1 4 w 10.20
10th race 123pts use top2 9-11 11w 660
p6113k 2x2 128.00in
now it seems around 60pts is decission time
hope this helps my handi friends
a great nother ex sun hol 8th 20pts 1-2 1w 5.80 :jump:
remember nonmdn racesif mdn check 1sters odds under 7\1 then do top4 work.

Handiman
07-18-2010, 10:31 PM
If this truly works and users would like this to be done, I will program in a button to click and do the math automatically and make the selections.

Let me know what everybody thinks.

Handi:)

lsosa54
07-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Until the BRIS $1 file produces the same result with the program, even if the logic works, it will be hit or miss. BRIS $1 file users would have had Koolnquick 3rd on the line under default settings and would have missed a $60 horse using fight's method.

Vinnie
07-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Awesome work fight:

I can well appreciate your methodology and line of thinking in making your selections. Unfortunately, as lsosa54 says, until the $1 dollar Bris file comes up with the same selections we would still be sort of hit and miss in following along with your selections.

Once again, very interesting work and thanks very much for sharing your findings with the rest of us. :)

fight
07-19-2010, 09:24 AM
i started with bris then realized multicaps muchbetter. ive worked handi daily since its inception. a great program.

Vinnie
07-19-2010, 11:16 AM
If this truly works and users would like this to be done, I will program in a button to click and do the math automatically and make the selections.

Let me know what everybody thinks.

Hello Handi:

I hope that you are feeling awesome and are doing very well? Handi, this would be a super feature to have if it would be capable of performing the calculations on both the $1 Bris and Multicaps data files. It would be very cool indeed. :)

Once again Handi, first and foremost and above all else, I hope that you are feeling 100% better these days.

Take Good Care and I will chat with you soon.

Vinnie
07-19-2010, 11:23 AM
i started with bris then realized multicaps muchbetter. ive worked handi daily since its inception. a great program.

Hello fight:

I hope that you are doing well? Fight, please tell me if you don't mind sharing, which version of Handifast are you currently using? Are you using Version 2.1 by chance?

Thanks fight.

Handiman
07-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks Vinnie.

My youngest daughter turns 30 in August and for her birthday she asked if I would become a Vegetarian just for the month of August. I said yes. This is the third day. But she talked me into being a complete vegan for that time. So no animal products or by-products, and we started 3 days ago instead of August 1st as originally planned.

So now I am eating more like a Racehorse, but still have that Water Buffalo shape for now...:lol:

We shall see how things go.

Vinnie
07-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Handi:

I wish you the Very BEST of luck in your temporary "veganism" if there could be such a word? :)

Handi, I am from Nebraska and grew up in the Midwest. It was all about Steak and Potatoes when I was growing up. I always have to have some form of meat in my diet or I don't believe that I would be too happy. I wish you the very BEST of Luck in your quest to go meatless.... :lol:

Have a good night Handi and I hope that your wife is feeling much better as well.

All the BEST!

permenbg
07-19-2010, 05:47 PM
I like your idea about using multcaps , can you explain a little more. you add the top two, and - the next two and do what next,

thanks
permenbg
bpermenter@gt,rr,com

fight
07-19-2010, 06:18 PM
multicaps improves the program .add top2 then add 3rdand 4th choice then subtract the 2#s about 75up go with top2 74down bottom 2 the break# is subjective. but it works non mdn races only.also the top or the 3rd choice win more than the 2nd and 4th choice.

lsosa54
07-19-2010, 10:06 PM
How does MCP improve the program? My understanding is that HandiFast uses the same info from the MCP file as it does from the drf file.

Floyd
07-19-2010, 10:54 PM
At the risk of redboarding, (Hell, it's a free program and anyone can run the numbers) Handi6 had the Exacta in the 8th @ PID on July 17th (http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/PID071710USA.html) using the BRIS files (the 3rd Exacta Handi6 picked on that card.) I play picks (1,2) w (123) and (1,3) w (1,2,3) in the exactas with a saver win bet on the highest odds of the top 2 at post time (for a minimum $18 bet) on certain races and have shown a consistent positive ROI before rebates prior to this, but I hit a particularly nice price in that instance. I've got a slightly different Trifecta strategy that's been profitable as well (Though not in that instance, dammit!) It has been very consistent at certain tracks on certain races (and increases blood flow to a certain part of the body ;) ) but it's all dependent on bankroll management and discipline.

headhawg
07-19-2010, 11:51 PM
How does MCP improve the program? My understanding is that HandiFast uses the same info from the MCP file as it does from the drf file.I have mentioned this before, I think. When I first started to do some programming for Handifast I looked at both Bris and Multicaps files. There is a difference and if I recall it has something to do with the dirt/turf/mud ratings. I didn't look at it very closely but I'm pretty sure that the numbers don't come out the same. For instance some horses will have numbers in those aforementioned ratings with Multicaps but not with Bris. At least, that's how I remember it. However, with the ability to change weights I wouldn't think that overall there would be any difference. In some races Bris will do better and in others Multicaps will come out on top.

And I do know that fight is a daily user of Handifast and not a guy to bs anyone. And as Floyd posted, it's a free program that anyone can mess around with.

permenbg
07-20-2010, 03:20 PM
flight..

which ver. of handifast are you using..or do they all work ..

permenbg

fight
07-20-2010, 03:26 PM
they all will work but its a matter of your weightsyou choose its subjective every player is different.

permenbg
07-21-2010, 01:18 PM
could you share some of the weights that you have tried and some off the tracks that has worked good.

permenbg
bpermenter@gt.rr.com

permenbg
08-01-2010, 04:39 PM
I went and tried the mc data did better for me. been trying to figure out what makes mc. change the order. also not sure what number to use for the up or down..

I Do have a question. how is the lr ( days since last race ) figured in , do you used it in the FM (form number), are work outs used. I never had a horse that could win without works.

thank
permenbg
bpermenter@gt.rr.com

lsosa54
08-01-2010, 06:31 PM
This was how Doug roughly calculated the FM rating:

Roughly, I think it has morphed into something slightly different...

Today's Weight plus or minus below:

ES points -4 if ends up below 0 use 0

sprint today and 0 ES points -1

work since last add distance of most recent work.
either of last 2 works since race = 5f add 2
no work and > 45 days off -2

Ran last 7 days add 2
within 15 to 30 add 4
Has not ran in 90 or more minus -3

any fin pos from last 3 is itm +5
if none -3

Won last not by 3 subtract -2
won last by 3 award 1
came 2nd add 2

same surf as last add 1
same dist add 1

won more than a race in lifetime add 1
more than 3 starts never won -1

lower odds last 3 each time add 1

new trainer add 1
1st time lasix add 1
blinker change add 1

Jockey one of top 3 add 1

3 improving speeds last 3 add 1
3 declining -1

Good ES +
Sprint with 0 ES <>

I went and tried the mc data did better for me. been trying to figure out what makes mc. change the order. also not sure what number to use for the up or down..

I Do have a question. how is the lr ( days since last race ) figured in , do you used it in the FM (form number), are work outs used. I never had a horse that could win without works.

thank
permenbg
bpermenter@gt.rr.com

permenbg
12-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Floyd

i have been following you posts and i am using Handi 6 ,not having that good of results i like you exactas format . you said you had a format for Trifecta . i sure would like to see how you us it.also what kind of numbers do you use in H 6, do you use all columns or just number in some.

thanks
permenbg
bobby
bpermenter@gt.rr.com

Floyd
12-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Floyd

i have been following you posts and i am using Handi 6 ,not having that good of results i like you exactas format . you said you had a format for Trifecta . i sure would like to see how you us it.also what kind of numbers do you use in H 6, do you use all columns or just number in some.

thanks
permenbg
bobby
bpermenter@gt.rr.com

Hey, bobby
Sorry it took so long to get back.
I've been using Handi 2.1 (HHXv2.1) I've been developing my proprietary tweaks based on an in-depth study of each track, I've got an Excel file set up for results and work on my adjustments based on that information. For the tracks and races for which I have a positive prognosis based on odds I bet 1 unit Win, 3 units Place, ($8 base) Exacta 1,2 with 1,2,3,4, ($12 base) Trifecta 1,2,3 with 1,2,3,4 with 2,3,4 ($20 base) and Superfecta 1,2 with 1,2,3,4 with 1,2,3,4 with 2,3,4 ($20 base) each bet based on a $2 bet for a $60 investment. I'm kind of a Low Roller, so I only bet on races on which I have a good chance of showing a profit, if I just feel like gambling (rather than investing) I'll bet 10 cent superfectas in the 1,2 with 1,2,3,4 with 1,2,3,4 with 2,3,4 format for a $2 bet. On a big race, like the Breeder's Cup, I'll bet $.10 Superfecta wheel like this: 1, 2, 3, with 1, 2, 3, with 1, 2, 3, with ALL = 54 combinations = $5.40
$.10 Superfecta Wheel 1, 2, 3, with 1, 2, 3, , with ALL with 1, 2, 3, = 54 combinations = $5.40
$.10 Superfecta Wheel 1, 2, 3, with ALL with 1, 2, 3, with 1, 2, 3, = 54 combinations = $5.40
$.10 Superfecta Wheel ALL with 1, 2, 3, with 1, 2, 3, with 1, 2, 3, = 54 combinations = $5.40
216 bets for $21.60 which paid $96 in that instance. I've found that if I specialize in tracks I can diversify in bets. I can achieve a positive ROI by knowing a track really well, tweaking the software to match the tracks' idiosyncrasies, and managing my bets to maximize profits. The secret, for me, for short-term ROI is the Trifecta, and adding the Superfecta shows big returns over the long term. Your mileage will vary.
I hope this helps.

permenbg
12-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Floyd

thanks for the information. i will give it a try when if find some good numbers that work a delta downs.

thanks

bobby

Light
12-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Since Bris is giving away 3 MC files this month,I took the opportunity to test both Handifast 7.1 and HHXv2.1(again).Previously Handi had gotten much better results using the $5 MC files V $1 Bris files when Handi did the "black box challenge". To my surprise I got the same order of rank in the "fast" column in all 4 styles using the default settings. First I used the MC files with handi 7 and HHX2.1. Then the $1 bris files with Handi7 and HHX2.1.From what Handi and others had said,MC files do much better than the $1 Bris files.

So my question is did you guys change the code since I last checked it last February during that "black box challenge"? I'm not complaining but I think others have complained in the past about having to pay for more expensive data to get better results.