PDA

View Full Version : How Obam-Barak would have manged 9/11

gl45
07-18-2010, 10:43 AM
From what we know about the arab prince Obam-Barak, what would be the proper assessment on how he would have managed the 9/11 critical moments.

boxcar
07-18-2010, 11:31 AM
From what we know about the arab prince Obam-Barak, what would be the proper assessment on how he would have managed the 9/11 critical moments.

He would have said, "I won't rest until we get to the bottom of this man-made disaster". And then he would have flown off into the sunset on AF1 to play a round of golf somewhere.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
07-18-2010, 11:37 AM
We don't know for sure, but a good guess is that he would not have used it as an excuse to declare war on a country that had nothing to do with it.

boxcar
07-18-2010, 11:43 AM
We don't know for sure, but a good guess is that he would not have used it as an excuse to declare war on a country that had nothing to do with it.

If so, we can be certain that it wouldn't have been some country somewhere in Allaha Land.

Boxcar

RaceBookJoe
07-18-2010, 11:51 AM
He would have apologized for the WTC Towers being too tall. :bang:

boxcar
07-18-2010, 12:08 PM
He would have apologized for the WTC Towers being too tall. :bang:

And then he would have railed about the evil, greedy capitalists who designed that building with the thought of squeezing as much office space into as possible without any regard for the public's safety. And...he would have used that event to declare another "urgent crisis" to take over the entire commercial real estate market. In fact, he would have issued a presidential decree (which today we politiely call an "executive order") declaring a moratorium on all new and existing construction until a full senate hearing could be convened to determine who was really at fault so that they could be publicly excoriated and have money extorted from them to pay for the tragedy.

And you're right, of course. He would have apologized to the survivors for the building be unnecessarily low and, therefore, in the flight path of jumbo jets.

Boxcar

mostpost
07-18-2010, 12:46 PM
To begin with, he would have listened when the outgoing administration told him that terrorism would be the main foreign policy problem he would have to deal with, and that Osama bin Laden was the individual most likely to cause harm. His counter terrorism task force would have met several times each week, raher than only one time between the inauguration and 9-11. He would have read the daily security briefings including the one that said "binLaden determined to strike in United States." He would have insisted that any leads be followed up and measures be taken to prevent any attacks. He would have made certain that information collected by one agency was made available to others.
In short, he would have done nothing on 9-11 because there would be nothing that needed to be done. Perhaps on 9-12 he may have gone to visit the twin towers, which would still be standing.

boxcar
07-18-2010, 12:52 PM
To begin with, he would have listened when the outgoing administration told him that terrorism would be the main foreign policy problem he would have to deal with, and that Osama bin Laden was the individual most likely to cause harm. His counter terrorism task force would have met several times each week, raher than only one time between the inauguration and 9-11. He would have read the daily security briefings including the one that said "binLaden determined to strike in United States." He would have insisted that any leads be followed up and measures be taken to prevent any attacks. He would have made certain that information collected by one agency was made available to others.
In short, he would have done nothing on 9-11 because there would be nothing that needed to be done. Perhaps on 9-12 he may have gone to visit the twin towers, which would still be standing.

Wow! You really believe this Moron-in-Chief who doesn't know what the states are that border his home state Illinois, doesn't know how many states in the Union there are, doesn't know how to pronounce corpsmen, stutters and stumbles when not in front of a teleprompter and makes lame excuses for not sending every available skimmer to the Gulf would have really done all this? Wow! Talk about a loyal, O.D'd Brown Shirt! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

ArlJim78
07-18-2010, 12:53 PM
His response would have been to sue the airline companies.

also he would have ordered a 1 year moratorium on flying.

ElKabong
07-18-2010, 12:59 PM
okaka would have immediately had the gubmint takeover all parent corporations that manufacture, distribute, or sell box cutters.

Ditto for the strategic partnerships of those corporations.

boxcar
07-18-2010, 02:01 PM
okaka would have immediately had the gubmint takeover all parent corporations that manufacture, distribute, or sell box cutters.

Ditto for the strategic partnerships of those corporations.

I doubt it. That action would have been an implicit indictment of the disaster makers (in the real world known as terrorists).

Boxcar

rastajenk
07-18-2010, 02:03 PM
He might have said, "Well, that's one way to re-form Wall Street."

ArlJim78
07-18-2010, 02:22 PM
He might have given a speech at ground zero extolling the contributions Islam has made in aeronautics.

Tom
07-18-2010, 02:53 PM
First things first........he would get in at least 9 holes.

Robert Goren
07-18-2010, 04:34 PM

also he would have ordered a 1 year moratorium on flying.They practically did that anyway. They made so no one in their right mind wants to fly.

DJofSD
07-18-2010, 04:46 PM

also he would have ordered a 1 year moratorium on flying.

And, he would have shut down all business activity in Gothum.

JustRalph
07-18-2010, 04:48 PM
They practically did that anyway. They made so no one in their right mind wants to fly.

I sold my plane a month before 911 and was shopping for another deal when I gave it up......... it really hurt General Aviation too

Btw, this thread is crap.........who the hell knows......but he has the Bush mistakes and changes to learn from............. so we are much better prepared this time

thaskalos
07-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Wow! You really believe this Moron-in-Chief who doesn't know what the states are that border his home state Illinois, doesn't know how many states in the Union there are, doesn't know how to pronounce corpsmen, stutters and stumbles when not in front of a teleprompter and makes lame excuses for not sending every available skimmer to the Gulf would have really done all this? Wow! Talk about a loyal, O.D'd Brown Shirt! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar President Obama only appears ignorant when he is being compared to ex-President George W. Bush, who was - as we ALL know...an intellectual giant.

JustRalph
07-18-2010, 04:51 PM
President Obama only appears ignorant when he is being compared to ex-President George W. Bush, who was - as we ALL know...an intellectual giant.

Don't forget, he got much better college grades than John Kerry and Al Gore.

He also graduated number 2 in his Air Force flight training. He is no dummy.

thaskalos
07-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Don't forget, he got much better college grades than John Kerry and Al Gore.

He also graduated number 2 in his Air Force flight training. He is no dummy.He may be no dummy...but he played one on TV...

GaryG
07-18-2010, 05:07 PM
He may be no dummy...but he played one on TV...You are playing that role quite well right here on PA.....

JustRalph
07-18-2010, 05:09 PM
He may be no dummy...but he played one on TV...

yep, why don't you go out and see if you can find some of that passion for Dick Cheney, you know,..........the guy you can't have compassion for because of what he said, not his politics

thaskalos
07-18-2010, 05:34 PM
yep, why don't you go out and see if you can find some of that passion for Dick Cheney, you know,..........the guy you can't have compassion for because of what he said, not his politics Ralph...I don't care much for politics...that's the main reason I became a horseplayer! I do what I want...when I want to do it - and I don't have to listen to anyone.

But if you want my opinion...partisan politics are KILLING this country. Vote and rule with your heart, I say...and the hell with the "Party line"...

An arrogant SOB, is an arrogant SOB...regardless of which side of the fence he is standing on!

highnote
07-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Btw, this thread is crap.........

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought, what the heck, it's always fun to hypothesize.

But what I really enjoy most about this thread is all the sarcasm. It is so thick you can cut it with a knife. :D

Greyfox
07-18-2010, 07:57 PM
He would have listened to the children read "My Pet Goat" for 40 minutes, not just 20.

PaceAdvantage
07-19-2010, 01:23 AM
Ralph...I don't care much for politics...that's the main reason I became a horseplayer! I do what I want...when I want to do it - and I don't have to listen to anyone.

But if you want my opinion...partisan politics are KILLING this country. Vote and rule with your heart, I say...and the hell with the "Party line"...

An arrogant SOB, is an arrogant SOB...regardless of which side of the fence he is standing on!You act as if partisan politics was invented in 2000.