PDA

View Full Version : The guy screaming for a 1/9 shot...we need more of this!

tbwinner
07-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Was standing next to a younger gent who had basically a book of tickets full of everything...this is Calder's 10th race today.

I was just watching as I wanted to see Dash Dot Dash demolish the field after Calder went off-turf.

This guy screams and yells on the top of his longs for his 1-9 shot, Dash Dot Dash, as they go round the turn and Dash takes off. He's screaming, hollering, and gets on the floor. The only way I'd do something like this would be if I owned the horse. I thought about going up to him as someone mentioned in another thread and asking, "Did you have the 2?"

He screams to the entire room (third floor Arlington Park): "I GOT THE SUPER, EXACTA, TRIFECTA, and WIN!"

I follow him to the SAM, turns out he bet $2 to win and $20 to show, keyed the 2 OVER EVERYTHING in the exotics, his exacta went 2/ALL, tri 2/ALL/ALL, super 2/ALL/ALL/ALL. He turned around and asked why he only got $40 back on $200 worth of bets!

That was my excitement for the day! How can we get more people like this to the track?

Stillriledup
07-17-2010, 11:12 PM
You never know if that 1-9 shot is the key to something bigger. Pick 6 at Hollywood today paid 100k with a 1-2 shot in one of the legs.

Tom
07-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Don't we want more like him there betting?

tbwinner
07-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Oh yes please! I'll take more of these guys everyday, I sure hope he's there tomorrow (maybe he'll take a risk with a 2-1?)!

tbwinner
07-17-2010, 11:25 PM
And to his defense, Dash's final odds were 1-5 :lol:

Robert Fischer
07-17-2010, 11:34 PM
You get ahead with the dot dash system didn't I speak that time last night. Whose number is that in your pocket book, Phi1 13780. Who was it? Oh- please, please. Reserve decision. Police, police, Henry and Frankie. Oh, oh, dog biscuits and when he is happy he doesn't get happy please, please to do this. Then Henry, Henry, Frankie you didn't even meet me. The glove will fit what I say oh, Kayiyi, oh Kayiyi. Sure who cares when you are through? How do you know this? How do you know this? Well, then oh, Cocoa know thinks he is a grandpa again. He is jumping around. No Hobo and Poboe I think he means the same thing.

JustRalph
07-17-2010, 11:39 PM
You get ahead with the dot dash system didn't I speak that time last night. Whose number is that in your pocket book, Phi1 13780. Who was it? Oh- please, please. Reserve decision. Police, police, Henry and Frankie. Oh, oh, dog biscuits and when he is happy he doesn't get happy please, please to do this. Then Henry, Henry, Frankie you didn't even meet me. The glove will fit what I say oh, Kayiyi, oh Kayiyi. Sure who cares when you are through? How do you know this? How do you know this? Well, then oh, Cocoa know thinks he is a grandpa again. He is jumping around. No Hobo and Poboe I think he means the same thing.

It took a google search.......but I found it. What the hell it has to do with this thread ? I don't know..........

PhantomOnTour
07-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Word..I hope he runs and tells his friends how easy it is :lol:

speed
07-18-2010, 01:05 AM
And to his defense, Dash's final odds were 1-5 :lol:

You were the guy behind me when i was cashing.

By the way if he was 1/9 i never would have gone all / all underneath him.

But at 1/5 Ray Charles could see he was value.

thaskalos
07-18-2010, 02:59 AM
I was at a local OTB not too long ago...and I saw an acquaintance of mine, seated at a near-by table, loudly uging a 3-5 shot to hold a 5 length lead to the wire.

When the horse won, his whole table started celebrating, and hi-fiving wildly.

I approached his table, and reminded him that the horse wasn't exactly a "shock"...winning at 3-5.

He handed me a ticket indicating that he had placed $800 on a single pick-4 combination...which had just won, paying $122 for $2...

Stillriledup
07-18-2010, 04:54 AM
I was at a local OTB not too long ago...and I saw an acquaintance of mine, seated at a near-by table, loudly uging a 3-5 shot to hold a 5 length lead to the wire.

When the horse won, his whole table started celebrating, and hi-fiving wildly.

I approached his table, and reminded him that the horse wasn't exactly a "shock"...winning at 3-5.

He handed me a ticket indicating that he had placed $800 on a single pick-4 combination...which had just won, paying $122 for $2...

So, he was kinda rooting for a 60-1 shot and not a 3-5 shot.

judd
07-18-2010, 06:22 AM
i know a guy that stays up late on his computor betting $2.00 to show and get his high :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :p

KingChas
07-18-2010, 10:19 AM

Maybe it was his Maiden win.
My 1st hit was at Keystone Park bet $2 on a horse named Silver Violets that paid $12 and change.
Didn't scream & yell,but thought I was rich and bought the buddies a round of beer. :D

therussmeister
07-18-2010, 09:40 PM
I think he should yell and scream more for an odds-on favorite than a long shot, because you can't afford to lose on many odds-on bets, but you only need to hit an occasional long-shot.

In my ignorant youth, when I used to do such things, I was always much more nervous when I had a bet on a heavy favorite, than when I had a long-shot.