PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury

markgoldie
07-17-2010, 04:09 PM
What other track in the world writes a superfecta and does not include the 4th place finisher in the graphics? You have to wait minutes, while you are watching the winner get his picture taken, for the race to go official and the prices finally come up on the graphics. At that point you will know if your horse won the photo for fourth.

rgustafson
07-18-2010, 08:52 AM
What other track in the world writes a superfecta and does not include the 4th place finisher in the graphics? You have to wait minutes, while you are watching the winner get his picture taken, for the race to go official and the prices finally come up on the graphics. At that point you will know if your horse won the photo for fourth.

It's my home track that I bet every day and you are right, this is very aggravating.
Another irritating thing is this year they have two pick fours every race card which is nice but many times you are lucky if you see the will pay possibilities. They are either non existent or maybe are up there for thirty seconds or so. If I am alive in the pick four and see what the will pays are with the horses I have, I may want to make other wagers in the race with horses I don't have covered, but if I don't know how much money I'm looking at I will bet very little or nothing at all.

misscashalot
07-18-2010, 08:54 AM
What other track in the world writes a superfecta and does not include the 4th place finisher in the graphics? .

The problem with most track graphics is that they are developed and the software is written for racetracks by computer geeks who don't play horses.

Zman179
07-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Why don't you send an e-mail or make a phone call to Canterbury? I've seen instances where management will react to reasonable requests.

You've got nothing to lose.

vikingrob
07-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Why don't you send an e-mail or make a phone call to Canterbury? I've seen instances where management will react to reasonable requests.

You've got nothing to lose.

952-445-7223

billyball
07-25-2010, 01:47 AM
You are right about the P-4 will pays-----have called---talked to info booth on both 1st and 3rd floor for the last 3 years nothing changes. Most often the say talk to "T V". Have done that after numerous attempts but S.O.S.
I think only about 5% of the patrons bet pick 3's and 4's. Mostly a $2 to place and show crowd.