PDA

View Full Version : Dam of Hard Spun has died

FenceBored
07-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Rest in peace, girl. Turkish Tryst, dam of grade I winner Hard Spun (http://www.stallionregister.com/sr_sire_page.asp?refno=7187963&origin=BHonline) , died May 1 at age 19 in Kentucky. Her Distorted Humor foal that she delivered the day before her death also died.
-- http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57889/grade-i-producer-turkish-tryst-dies
Has this year been lighter on the "died of foaling complications" stories about famous mares/dams of famous horses?

SmartyParty
07-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I am sure sad to hear that! I loved Hard Spun! He was the one I was rooting for the whole way through that year's 3YO races. I got to see him race in person in the Haskell and he was so on his toes in the paddock.

It is very sad to lose both the dam and the baby.

joanied
07-17-2010, 12:48 PM
:( Incredibley sad...loosing both mare & foal is a horror. Now, I looked up her produce record..she started her broodmare career in 1997...and from then until her death, she missed being in foal 5 times...so it's pretty obvious that she was a troubled producer...so what do they do...get her in foal at age 19...that was a huge gamble for this mare...and it did not pay off.
I'm sorry, but it makes me very angry when they just have to try getting one more foal from an aged mare. Geeze:mad:

Turkish Tryst and your baby,
R.I.P

SmartyParty
07-17-2010, 01:13 PM
:( Incredibley sad...loosing both mare & foal is a horror. Now, I looked up her produce record..she started her broodmare career in 1997...and from then until her death, she missed being in foal 5 times...so it's pretty obvious that she was a troubled producer...so what do they do...get her in foal at age 19...that was a huge gamble for this mare...and it did not pay off.
I'm sorry, but it makes me very angry when they just have to try getting one more foal from an aged mare. Geeze:mad:

Turkish Tryst and your baby,
R.I.P

Ditto!

joanied
07-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Ditto!

Indeed:ThmbUp: Trouble is, this kind of $hit will never stop...too much greed out there!