PDA

View Full Version : 2k races

kenwoodallpromos
08-13-2003, 02:46 AM
Any opinions or suggestions about playing or handicappiong 2k races?

andicap
08-13-2003, 12:30 PM
What's with the new handle, Ken?

Do you mean how to play cheap claimers? If so, Kitts is the bona fide expert on those races.

Zaf
08-13-2003, 01:06 PM
Geez, Where do you find 2K races ? Mountaineer only goes as low as 4K.

ZAFONIC

kitts
08-13-2003, 02:49 PM
$4k at MNR. I love 'em. Especially NW2L. Simple rules. Must have a win in the last 10. Eliminate won last out. Eliminate trainer win pct under 7%.
Play for form reversal; try and use a line way, way back if it makes some sense

Sunday last, 8th MNR, $40 horse. 1st of layoff awful. 2nd (most recent) finished 5th, 1.5 lengths out of it. Some past races good enough. Thank you very much.

Zaf
08-13-2003, 05:02 PM
Had the winner and exacta in the first at MNR last night (4K Maiden Claimer) it was a Lehane WIR - WIDE OUT Special and then proceded to lose 9 in a row.

There was a very competative open 4K claimer last night. These horses seem better than average 4K claimers that we find at other tracks. Ex. PEN

ZAFONIC

kenwoodallpromos
08-14-2003, 12:55 AM
This handle is my real computer; the other is webtv and not interchangeable!
Typo- should read 2f races.

Tom
08-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by zafonic
Geez, Where do you find 2K races ? Mountaineer only goes as low as 4K.

ZAFONIC

....only we call 'em allowance races :eek:

nagwa
01-22-2008, 10:27 AM
hi, anyone read the book, by staford wong, cheap claimers..any other books on claimers..thanks

Tom Barrister
01-22-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm curious how this ended up in the "Handicapping Library" sub-forum.

2 furlong races for older horses are a crapshoot. You can try to find horses who have all 1's at the start, but almost every horse entered in these races does. If a horse does have a sizeable advantage over the others, everybody seems to know about it, and the horse gets bet below even-money.

For 2 furlong races for two-year-olds (like Santa Anita runs early in the year), following the money on the toteboard seems to work as well as anything else.

kenwoodallpromos
01-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Thank you.

witchdoctor
01-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Speaking of crap shots, there was a story in Bloodhorse about bush track racing in Louisiana. One of the favorite distance was 36 FEET. The way the breed is going that may become known as a route. :cool:

andicap
02-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Waiting five years to get an answer! Now that's what I call being patient.
:D

valueguy
02-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks for info Kitts .I have found MNR to be a real enigma.
I usally play it a few times during the winter .Its a real challange .To me , its more of a fun thing than a sound investment platform.

Re. Stanford Wong.Betting cheap claimers. I read the book few years ago.Its more of treatsie on probilities than anything
else but it has some good suggestions for tournament play.
As far as betting cheap claimers,Wong suggests looking at class droppers running at a low level for the first time with the tote odds being 8/'5 or lower.There is a bit more to it than that but i don,t want to infringe on his copy right privledges.

First_Place
02-06-2008, 03:56 AM
Hey Tom (Barrister), he said 2k not 2f races.

Regards,

FP

DanG
02-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey Tom (Barrister), he said 2k not 2f races.

Are you sure? :confused:

Kenwoodallpromos ~ Typo- should read 2f races.
Geez; This thread is proving Einstein’s time space continuum. As ‘Andicap said…5 years sitting in storage! :eek:

http://www.btinternet.com/%7Eglynhughes/squashed/einstein.jpg

sally
02-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Are you sure? :confused:

Geez; This thread is proving Einstein’s time space continuum. As ‘Andicap said…5 years sitting in storage! :eek:

http://www.btinternet.com/~glynhughes/squashed/einstein.jpg

Looks like he had to rethink that equation-- what's in that pipe anyway! :lol:

Do you think Kitts way of betting the Mountain is still valid? Haven't the purses increased a bit? Would that affect things?

kenwoodallpromos
02-06-2008, 10:30 AM
A good reminder that intellect is best served with logic.
Question- Whether 2K (cheapies on the way down) OR 2f races, isn't the break and early speed very important, along with physical condition?