PDA

View Full Version : no spd/pace

BIG HIT
08-31-2001, 07:59 AM
Hi guys.Has anyone done any research on what it takes for a horse to win.That does not have the spd or the pace fig that more times then not make them a contender.These horse do win some i know are top jky/tr combo and others arewith in say top5 eps is there anything else.?

Tom
08-31-2001, 10:59 AM
Class and suitability to today's race conditons are important. Drop downs at smaller tracks are always dangerous and a lot of horse can be outright eliminated in spite of their good figs just befcause they don't fit today's conditions. Mark Crammer coined the phrase "proven loser" to desccribe horse who have failed repeatedely and recently at today's condtions. A good example was the 1st at Saratoga yesterday-the 2 horse was the 8-5 or so favorite an was also a proven loser on the turf. He did manage second, but that's ok-you can always play bad horses in the bottom of the exactas.
That leads to the other big fator in non-figure handicapping-grass breeding. I still can't believe some of the prices these turf-bred monsters pay. You have to look at lots of races to find good spots, but they are there and they pay good.
You might be interested on Crammer's newsletter-they go over a lot of research that is non-figure based and I have nice portfilio of spot plays that take only a few minutes to find every day. I can literally find 5-10 bets in 20 minutes or less from the races in the form. Now that I get unlimited PP's from the web, I can scan many tracks really quickly and follow profitable angles from sea to shinning sea.
Tom