PDA

View Full Version : Breitbart to NAACP: "Go To Hell." "You're the Racists and I have Proof."

andymays
07-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Video

http://www.breitbart.tv/breitbart-to-naacp-chief-go-to-hell/

Excerpt:

“Let me say something a tad newsworthy to the president of the NAACP. You can go to hell. ... I have tapes…tape of racism and it’s an NAACP dinner. You want to play with fire? I have evidence of racism and it’s coming from the NAACP."

mostpost
07-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Video

http://www.breitbart.tv/breitbart-to-naacp-chief-go-to-hell/

Excerpt:

“Let me say something a tad newsworthy to the president of the NAACP. You can go to hell. ... I have tapes…tape of racism and it’s an NAACP dinner. You want to play with fire? I have evidence of racism and it’s coming from the NAACP."

Are these anything like the O'Keefe/Acorn tapes which have now been proven to be doctored and a fraud?

JustRalph
07-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Are these anything like the O'Keefe/Acorn tapes which have now been proven to be doctored and a fraud?

you are kidding huh? There are several things from private video camera's out there. All taken at the NAACP meetings that occur every year. Andrew Young would disappear from the landscape if some of the stuff he has said ever comes out. I have seen some.........look around a little

andymays
07-16-2010, 03:10 PM

I have a feeling we'll be seeing the clips real soon. Breitbart knows how to maximize the impact. If I was the NAACP I'd be a little nervous.

Tom
07-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Let's air out all the dirty laundry on both sides.
I know one side will dwarf the other.

boxcar
07-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Let's air out all the dirty laundry on both sides.
I know one side will dwarf the other.

Not to mention out-stench the other.

Boxcar

bigmack
07-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Doctored? Fraud? Do tell.

cj's dad
07-16-2010, 11:08 PM

Every time you post a comment you make a complete fool of yourself !!

Try rading what others have posted and respond accordingly - Gheesh !!

ElKabong
07-16-2010, 11:18 PM

I had a jalapeno cheeseburger at Chapps for dinner tonite. Tasty.

oooh look. I contributed equally to the thread subject as mosty did!

HUSKER55
07-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Do you guys think these people would stretch things during an election?

Tom
07-17-2010, 12:20 AM
I had a jalapeno cheeseburger at Chapps for dinner tonite. Tasty.

oooh look. I contributed equally to the thread subject as mosty did!

No, you were better.

toetoe
07-17-2010, 08:18 PM

Your glass is half full, Postillion-Struck-by-Lightning. You have not been doctored.

Somehow, the paragraph proving your assertion was deleted from your post. Hmm ... :confused:

andymays
07-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Breitbart hits NAACP with promised video of racism

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/19/breitbart-hits-naacp-with-promised-video-of-racism/

Excerpt:

The NAACP is about to learn one of the most basic of all lessons in life — those who live in glass houses should avoid provoking a stone-throwing war. After the civil-rights organization threatened to issue a condemnation of Tea Party activism by equating it with racism (a position from which they ultimately retreated), Andrew Breitbart announced that he would publish at least one video of the NAACP itself cheering racism. Breitbart delivers on that promise today at Big Government, showing USDA official Shirley Sherrod explain to an appreciative NAACP audience in July 2009 how she deliberately withheld information from a white farmer in Georgia trying to save his land and his business:

Tom
07-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Wow. Good thing Obama doesn't prosecute Black people anymore.:rolleyes:

rastajenk
07-19-2010, 02:39 PM
If she gets canned at Ag, she can always find a spot at Justice.

bigmack
07-19-2010, 03:55 PM
If she gets canned at Ag, she can always find a spot at Justice. :lol:

Somebody must be cloning her. I swear I've seen her working at every DMV & County Bldg from here to Chicago.

andymays
07-19-2010, 05:45 PM
http://wcbstv.com/topstories/tea.party.naacp.2.1812710.html

Excerpt:

The NAACP's action caught the attention of Andrew Breitbart of BigGovernment.com, who said the controversy was "absolutely manufactured for political gain," in a summer "in which the economy is the number one issue affecting blacks and whites in this country. This country can ill afford the schism of race to be exploited the way [he is] based upon the false premise of the Tea Party being racist."

He also claimed to possess recorded evidence of racism from the NAACP.

On Monday, Breitbart posted a video of a speech by Shirley Sherrod, USDA Rural Development Georgia State Director, delivered at the NAACP's 20th Annual Freedom Fund Banquet.

The video shows Sherrod speaking of racial considerations being a factor for how much help she would give.

JustRalph
07-19-2010, 06:03 PM
:lol:

Somebody must be cloning her. I swear I've seen her working at every DMV & County Bldg from here to Chicago.

Her twin sister works in Ohio and a cousin at the DMV in North Carolina.

newtothegame
07-19-2010, 06:57 PM
lol well mosty said it would be just as revealing as the acorn videos...thanks for the heads up mosty...now this POS needs to be fired!!! lol

andymays
07-19-2010, 08:31 PM
USDA official resigns over Breitbart tape of NAACP speech

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/19/usda-official-resigns-over-breitbart-tape-of-naacp-speech/

Excerpt:

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

“There is zero tolerance for discrimination at USDA, and I strongly condemn any act of discrimination against any person,” Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said in a written statement. “We have been working hard through the past 18 months to reverse the checkered civil rights history at the department and take the issue of fairness and equality very seriously.

bigmack
07-19-2010, 08:42 PM
USDA official resigns over Breitbart tape of NAACP speech
Resigned over doctored tapes? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
07-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Resigned over doctored tapes? :lol:Hey, they're good forgeries...what can you say?

boxcar
07-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Resigned over doctored tapes? :lol:

Maybe Mosty will apply for her job now. Gotta represent a big pay hike for him. :lol: :lol: :lol: And we all know how [un]Fair and [un]Balanced he his. What a great candidate for a job. Plus the Dept. of Corn[oil[ and [baked] Taters could prove to the world how well Affirmative Action works for white folks, too. This would be called Reverse Reversed Discrimination. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

ArlJim78
07-19-2010, 09:38 PM
“We have been working hard through the past 18 months to reverse the checkered civil rights history at the department

They never miss a chance to point the finger of blame somewhere else.

waaahhh! we inherited this racist department, we're doing all we can to fix it.

rastajenk
07-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Well, they acted quickly once exposed, I'll give Vilsack's department credit for that. I realize it's a low-level bureaucrat that's expendable and a pretty easy dismissal, but I'm willing to yield some credit when it might be due.

But the NAACP is still on the hook. They're the ones that started all this. That Breitbart throws some high heat.

JustRalph
07-19-2010, 10:15 PM
I down a gazillion to go..........

Now let's start with those DMV jobs

bigmack
07-20-2010, 06:11 PM
This racist loon who resigned was on CNN. She said as she was driving home yesterday she was inundated with calls from the administration asking for her to resign. She told them she was driving so one of the admin officials told her "Well then, pull to the side of the road and RESIGN!" :lol:

andymays
07-20-2010, 06:56 PM
NAACP reversed their opinion of the matter a while ago.

There is more to this story coming the next couple of days. It is looking like the White House and the NAACP jumped the gun on this incident.

Maybe Breitbart was messing with them and has more. We'll see.

ArlJim78
07-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Breitbart unveiled more of this, in piecemeal fashion. He did something similar with the ACORN stuff. He likes to drag it out, garner extra attention and have them stew in their own juices for as long as possible.

andymays
07-20-2010, 07:26 PM
The lady in the video said this morning that the White House told her to resign. This looks bad for them if the complete video tells a different story. Anyway, it's a mess that will stay in the news cycle all week.

andymays
07-20-2010, 08:57 PM
USDA official says White House forced her out as NAACP backtracks from its condemnation

http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/20/usda-official-says-white-house-forced-her-out-as-naacp-backtracks-from-its-condemnation/

Excerpt:

A Department of Agriculture official who was forced to resign Monday over racially tinged comments accused the White House of pushing her out before they had fully understood her comments or even seen them in their full context, as the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People withdrew their condemnation of the woman and called on the administration to reconsider her firing.

President Obama, however, on Tuesday evening stood by the decision to force out Shirley Sherrod, the USDA official in question, the White House told The Daily Caller.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/20/usda-official-says-white-house-forced-her-out-as-naacp-backtracks-from-its-condemnation/#ixzz0uH3D6xYN

cj's dad
07-20-2010, 08:59 PM
He must be an Uncle Tom !!

JustRalph
07-20-2010, 11:49 PM
anybody who refers to someone as being helped by "their own kind" doesn't deserve to be in government.... I don't care what the context is. It is an awful filter to be using daily. I can't imagine it.

newtothegame
07-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Seems a bit quite here...anyone seen Mosty...NJ...cap??? :lol:

mostpost
07-21-2010, 12:21 AM
There are two issues here; the comments by Sherrod and whether the tapes were edited or used out of context or both, and the reactions by the NAACP and the Obama administration.

The tapes were absolutely used out of context and this has been clearly proven. The difference between this case and ACORN is that we immediately had access to the original speech.
In her speech Ms. Sherrod was telling a cautionary tale. Yes, she did have thoughts of not helping the white farmer, but her better nature took over. She realized that what she had planned to do, or not do, was wrong. She realized this before she had taken any action which would have been detrimental to the farmer. All of the actions she took ended up being helpful. She even got them a new attorney when she felt their old attorney was not sufficiently invested in the case.
Ms. Sherrod's motive in revealing this story was to show that while people may have a propensity to racial thinking, they can overcome that propensity and act for the benefit of all.

In case any of you doubt any of this, the farmer involved in the story and his wife were on CNN. They said that without Ms. Sherrod's help they would have surely lost their farm. They also said there was no indication whatsoever of racism on Ms. Sherrod's part.

The reactions to this story from the NAACP and the White House were disgusting. Have they never heard of innocent until proven guilty? Doesn't a person deserve an opportunity to at least tell their side of the story? Is political expediency more important than fairness?

To their credit, the NAACP reversed their stand and issued an apology when they learned the true story. The White House must do the same.

Robert Goren
07-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Everybody is back tracking as white farmers are coming to her defense.

mostpost
07-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Seems a bit quite here...anyone seen Mosty...NJ...cap??? :lol:
In case you haven't heard, the whole story has been proven to be a fabrication made up by using quotes taken out of context and tape that was edited.
The edited tape made it seem that Ms. Sherrod was bragging about not helping a white farmer because he was white. The entire tape showed that, while she originally had some thoughts along those lines, she overcame her feelings, understood that they were wrong, and, in fact, did help the gentleman to save his farm.
If you don't believe me, then check out the video of the farmer and his wife saying exactly that. It was originally on CNN, but was also shown on Rachel Maddow and Countdown on MSNBC.

Nice to know you missed me. :lol:

hcap
07-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Another crock fabricated by Breitbart and exaggerated by Faux. And you gentlemen-(apparently willing minions of The crazed rightwing)

To CNN's and MSNBC's credit they waited until more facts were available.

Appears to be more of the absurd reverse racist allegations composed by the right to scare white voters afraid of marauding Negroes in their neighborhood.

Tom
07-21-2010, 07:30 AM
He must be an Uncle Tom !!

Hey!!!!!

lsbets
07-21-2010, 07:33 AM
I saw an interview with Breitbart (I haven't seen the tape), and he said his point was not what the woman was saying, but the enthusiastic reaction of the crowd at the NAACP to this woman's story before they ever knew it had a happy ending. He said his intent was to show the NAACP being verifiably chock full of racists, unlike the teaparties where no one on the left has been able to offer up any hard proof.

Any comment on the crowd at the speech getting all giddy at the woman's tale while she was telling it? I agree with Breitbart on that. If they want to accuse anyone who opposes the Obama regime of being racist without proof, Breitbart produced proof that the NAACP is full of racists. Its hard to spin out of that aspect of the tape, although I'm sure some of you will try.

andymays
07-21-2010, 07:42 AM
I saw an interview with Breitbart (I haven't seen the tape), and he said his point was not what the woman was saying, but the enthusiastic reaction of the crowd at the NAACP to this woman's story before they ever knew it had a happy ending. He said his intent was to show the NAACP being verifiably chock full of racists, unlike the teaparties where no one on the left has been able to offer up any hard proof.

Any comment on the crowd at the speech getting all giddy at the woman's tale while she was telling it? I agree with Breitbart on that. If they want to accuse anyone who opposes the Obama regime of being racist without proof, Breitbart produced proof that the NAACP is full of racists. Its hard to spin out of that aspect of the tape, although I'm sure some of you will try.

Breitbart screwed up a little on this one and the White House and NAACP screwed up a lot on this one.

The Race Card bit everyone in the butt here and it shows why throwing the allegations out at the drop of a hat hurts everyone.

We all know the left has been using the race card forever and this whole deal is a result of the NAACP trying to label the Tea Party as racist in order to minimize the movement. It's pure politics.

I may be in the minority on this opinion (no pun intented) but I think all this back and forth on race is good. This stuff has to be hashed out until it goes away. The more it is talked about and debated the sooner it will go away. Is it gonna go away anytime soon? Probably not.

How many times has a statement or a word from a white person been taken out of context and that person labeled as a racist? It's not good for anyone to get a label unless they have a long history of racism. Not one word or one sentence on one day.

hcap
07-21-2010, 08:10 AM
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/07/watch_full_video_of_sherrods_speech.php?ref=fpa

The NAACP just posted the full video of Shirley Sherrod's speech in front of the Coffee County NAACP this past March.

The relevant part starts about 16 minutes in. Sherrod is talking about how her father was killed by a white man when she was 17; that night, she says, she made a commitment to stay in the South and work toward change.

She says that she was only thinking about black people when she made that commitment. But God had other plans, she said.

"You realize the struggle is really about poor people," she said, and then tells about "the first time I was faced with having to help had to help a white farmer save his farm."

Once you get past the part shown in the Big Government clip, Sherrod goes on to say that that white farmer experienced an obstacle she had never seen: He was blocked from filing bankruptcy, and his farm was foreclosed on. The lawyer, she says, had told the farmer he should just give up the farm.

As Sherrod tells it, she intervened and found the farmer a lawyer who could help him.

"Working with him made me see that it's really about those who have versus those who don't. They could be black, they could be white, they could be Hispanic. And it made me realize then that I needed to work to help poor people, those who don't have access the way others have," she says.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E9NcCa_KjXk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E9NcCa_KjXk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

bigmack
07-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Appears to be more of the absurd reverse racist allegations composed by the right to scare white voters afraid of marauding Negroes in their neighborhood.
:lol: The woman is on the morning shows & is more upset with the NAACP than anyone.

It's a tape of their own meeting and they didn't know the full story yet they were one of the first to support her firing. :lol:

Knee-jerk reaction from BO & Co akin to the Cambridge Cop Caper. Just heard Joe Scarborough say that it's clear this administration is unfit to run this country. :lol:

NAACP pointing fingers at The Tea Party backfired big time.

This whole story is a hoot.

hcap
07-21-2010, 08:21 AM
The righties frantically junping up and down accusing the Obama administration of reverse rascism is the real "hoot" Marauding Negroes under your bed

"Fox News pointed to the truncated video as "Exhibit A" of "what racism looks like." That's backwards -- it's a heart-warming example of someone rising above racism. Her remarks weren't offensive; the right-wing scheme to destroy her is.

Andrew Breitbart's initial claim that the video is "evidence of racism" is the exact opposite of reality. The only way to smear Sherrod is to remove every shred of relevant context, which is exactly what the right-wing Big Government website did. Two days after the edited, misleading clip was pushed onto the national scene, with the intention of destroying Sherrod's credibility, the video has backfired -- destroying the credibility of those who went on the attack.

The NAACP, which initially endorsed Sherrod's forced resignation on Monday, has since changed its mind. Late yesterday, NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Jealous conceded in a statement that his organization was "snookered by Fox News and Tea Party Activist Andrew Breitbart.""

andymays
07-21-2010, 08:23 AM
:lol: The woman is on the morning shows & is more upset with the NAACP than anyone.

It's a tape of their own meeting and they didn't know the full story yet they were one of the first to support her firing. :lol:

Knee-jerk reaction from BO & Co akin to the Cambridge Cop Caper. Just heard Joe Scarborough say that it's clear this administration is unfit to run this country. :lol:

NAACP pointing fingers at The Tea Party backfired big time.

This whole story is a hoot.

Exactly. The far left (NAACP and the White House) is looking worse than anyone in this deal. Yesterday Beck said she probably shouldn't have been fired. I'll bet they never expected that.

Did Scarborough really say that? That should get some play. Good for him.

bigmack
07-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Andrew Breitbart's initial claim that the video is "evidence of racism" is the exact opposite of reality. The only way to smear Sherrod is to remove every shred of relevant context, which is exactly what the right-wing Big Government website did. Two days after the edited, misleading clip was pushed onto the national scene, with the intention of destroying Sherrod's credibility, the video has backfired -- destroying the credibility of those who went on the attack.
Thank you Steve Benen. :rolleyes:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/7_21_10_05_25_35.jpg

andymays
07-21-2010, 08:27 AM
The righties frantically junping up and down accusing the Obama administration of reverse rascism is the real "hoot" Marauding Negroes under your bed

"Fox News pointed to the truncated video as "Exhibit A" of "what racism looks like." That's backwards -- it's a heart-warming example of someone rising above racism. Her remarks weren't offensive; the right-wing scheme to destroy her is.

The NAACP, which initially endorsed Sherrod's forced resignation on Monday, has since changed its mind. Late yesterday, NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Jealous conceded in a statement that his organization was "snookered by Fox News and Tea Party Activist Andrew Breitbart.""

Breitbart went of several shows yesterday including CNN and said he was more concerned about the audience clapping when the lady mentioned her intitial reaction to the white farmer which did have elements of racism in it.

lsbets
07-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Andrew Breitbart's initial claim that the video is "evidence of racism" is the exact opposite of reality. "

Breitbarts claim wasn't that some woman who spoke to the NAACP was racist. His claim was, and is, that the audience listening to her was racist. He was never going after some insignificant bureaucrat. His target always was the NAACP. If you paid attention, and didn't just regurgitate what is spoon fed to you in lala land you would know that. His claim seems to stand up to scrutiny, the crowd, without knowing the happy ending, appears to enthusiastically support the racism espoused by this woman at the beginning of her story. I have yet to see a response to refute that.

Breitbart is an agitator, and a damned good one. He has made the NAACP and the administration look like fools. After the NAACP's condemnation of the "racist" tea parties, I am glad to see them get what they deserve. They are a despicable organization, which profits from race baiting and racial politics, and no longer deserve a place in decent society.

bigmack
07-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Breitbarts claim wasn't that some woman who spoke to the NAACP was racist. His claim was, and is, that the audience listening to her was racist. He was never going after some insignificant bureaucrat. His target always was the NAACP. If you paid attention, and didn't just regurgitate what is spoon fed to you in lala land you would know that. His claim seems to stand up to scrutiny, the crowd, without knowing the happy ending, appears to enthusiastically support the racism espoused by this woman at the beginning of her story. I have yet to see a response to refute that.
hcap is unwilling to accept any of that. It's Breitbart & Fox that are to blame.

He says, Marauding Negroes under your bed :lol:

What a raging, plagiarizing idiot.

hcap
07-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Exactly. The far left (NAACP and the White House) is looking worse than anyone in this deal. Delusional ravings

bigmack
07-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Delusional ravings
Tune that dial over to your Mothership - MSNBC.

That's their take. :D

cj's dad
07-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Delusional ravings

FYI -

Main Entry: pla·gia·rize
Pronunciation: \ˈplā-jə-ˌrīz also -jē-ə-\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): pla·gia·rized; pla·gia·riz·ing
Etymology: plagiary
Date: 1716
transitive verb : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the sourceintransitive verb : to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source

— pla·gia·riz·er noun

mostpost
07-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Breitbart went of several shows yesterday including CNN and said he was more concerned about the audience clapping when the lady mentioned her intitial reaction to the white farmer which did have elements of racism in it.
Andrew Breitbart is a liar. He says he was concerned about the audience clapping. There was no clapping when Sherrod talked about the farmer trying to convice her of his superiority and her trying to decide "just how much help I should give him."
Have any of you listened to the video provided by Hcap? Of course you haven't. :bang: The audio on the Breitbart video is very poor and you can't tell whether there is applause or any audience reaction. I suspect this is deliberate on Breitbart's part, so he can make false claims about audience reaction, knowing that the sheep who are his audience will not bother to independently confirm his allegations.

What was the reaction? There was some laughter, but the laughter was at the irony of the situation. There was no applause, no shouts of approval, no cries of "Kill cracker babies".

Once again you guys have latched onto a false conspiracy. This time the proof of the fallacy came early and often. My advice; get off this tiger before it eats you.

andymays
07-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Andrew Breitbart is a liar. He says he was concerned about the audience clapping. There was no clapping when Sherrod talked about the farmer trying to convice her of his superiority and her trying to decide "just how much help I should give him."
Have any of you listened to the video provided by Hcap? Of course you haven't. :bang: The audio on the Breitbart video is very poor and you can't tell whether there is applause or any audience reaction. I suspect this is deliberate on Breitbart's part, so he can make false claims about audience reaction, knowing that the sheep who are his audience will not bother to independently confirm his allegations.

What was the reaction? There was some laughter, but the laughter was at the irony of the situation. There was no applause, no shouts of approval, no cries of "Kill cracker babies".

Once again you guys have latched onto a false conspiracy. This time the proof of the fallacy came early and often. My advice; get off this tiger before it eats you.

When you say "you guys" do you mean the White House and the NAACP? ;)

46zilzal
07-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Great quote Huffington Post; The fear of anti-white racial accusations has so gripped DC we can expect future Salem like trials with Sean Hannity presiding as judge and Goody Breitbart serving as the entranced petitioner.

andymays
07-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Great quote Huffington Post; The fear of anti-white racial accusations has so gripped DC we can expect future Salem like trials with Sean Hannity presiding as judge and Goody Breitbart serving as the entranced petitioner.

So finally after 30 years of this stuff the shoes on the other foot.

The more we talk about this and get it out in the open the sooner it will go away. The what will the left do?

Tom
07-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Obama and his people have said that we need to have a national dialogue on race. Now that we are having one, they are changing their minds and hoping we don't notice. :lol:

Guess the truth didn't fit their agenda.

boxcar
07-21-2010, 12:58 PM

You mean only blacks are allowed to play the victimization card? Is that what you're saying?

Boxcar

andymays
07-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Shirley Sherrod -- My Take - Jonah Goldberg - The Corner on National Review Online
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NDNmYTk4ZmVjYzU0Zjk3OTU5ODNhODhjOTE4NmM1NmU=

Excerpt:

Shirley Sherrod — My Take [Jonah Goldberg]

I think she should get her job back. I think she's owed apologies from pretty much everyone, including my good friend Andrew Breitbart . I generally think Andrew is on the side of the angels and a great champion of the cause. He says he received the video in its edited form and I believe him. But the relevant question is, Would he have done the same thing over again if he had seen the full video from the outset? I'd like to think he wouldn't have. Because to knowingly turn this woman into a racist in order to fight fire with fire with the NAACP is unacceptable. When it seemed that Sherrod was a racist who abused her power, exposing her and the NAACP's hypocrisy was perfectly fair game. But now that we have the benefit of knowing the facts, the equation is completely different.

Tom
07-21-2010, 02:51 PM
This rush to judgment about her being a racist is unacceptable.
It is those who branded her without waiting to get the facts before labeling here and costing her her job. This is the work of truly small, truly racist people, operating out of fear and hatred rather than truth and fairness.

Once again, Obama has jumped to conclusions without facts, like he did with the cops in Boston. I hope this woman sues his arse off.

JustRalph
07-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Funny funny funny,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol: The NAACP throws one of its own under the bus and they of all people had the whole tape. Breitbart only had the edited version.

Now Miss Sherrod feels 1/10th the pain Sarah Palin did..........I am laughing my ass off. I no longer care about the details.......

BenDiesel26
07-21-2010, 05:18 PM

I'm gonna have to say you are 100% misinformed on this. After yesterday, I am of the opinion that Breitbart and Beck work closely together. Breitbart knew exactly what he was doing, and it worked. Not only that, but they scored two touchdowns on this one. Beck on his show yesterday actually said the White House jumped ahead of itself, saying that the video needs to be put into context. I wonder how he knew? This was prior to any release of the full video by the NAACP and any "re-evaluation" of the situation. Score one. What's score two? The woman that was fired admitted that she was asked to pull over on the side of the road and was told to resign since her situation would be all over the Glenn Beck show that night. This from an interview on CNN. Amazing the White House fears Beck that much.

Tom
07-21-2010, 05:30 PM
This whole thing is so damned funny - I could care less who got hurt over it - in fact, I'm tickled pink that some did get screwed royally. :lol:
Hope and Change.........may be something to that after all! :lol::lol::lol:

Nice to see the race card meet the trump card.

bigmack
07-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Nice to see the race card meet the trump card.
Oh, brother. Best line I've heard in years about anything. :ThmbUp:

Freakin' Tommy, Good Gawd you knock me out.

Beckojulio on the sub:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4287769/beck-why-was-shirley-sherrod-ousted/?playlist_id=87485

bigmack
07-22-2010, 03:45 AM
Quite possibly the most pot/kettle, hilarious piece of all time... I give you KeithOlbermann.

Back from his 2 week vacation for a 'Very, Very Special' comment: :lol:

lcI8nWyugQs

hcap
07-22-2010, 05:39 AM
http://www.salon.com/news/andrew_breitbart/index.html?story=/opinion/conason/2010/07/21/acorn

Now reopen Breitbart's ACORN fraud -- and get the story right

....Investigations by former Massachusetts Attorney General Scott Harshbarger, Brooklyn District Attorney Charles J. Hynes, California Attorney General Jerry Brown, and the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service, among others, have served to exonerate ACORN of the most outrageous charges of criminality (while still criticizing ACORN employees and leadership). More important, from the perspective of journalistic ethics, those investigations revealed that the videotapes released and promoted by Breitbart’s website were selectively and deceptively edited to serve as propaganda, not news.

hcap
07-22-2010, 05:59 AM
What an idiot

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KfPqG_kjBoY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KfPqG_kjBoY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

..Breitbart’s New Conspiracy Theory: The ‘Purported’ Farmer’s Wife Is A Plant

Two white farmers who were supposedly discriminated against by former USDA official Shirley Sherrod spoke out on her behalf yesterday, saying “no way in the world” is she racist.

But last night, the right-wing blogger who instigated this faux controversy questioned the white farmers’ honesty and repeated his false racist charges. In interviews with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and CNN, the Iron City, GA couple Roger and Eloise Spooner described Sherrod as a “friend for life” and a “good person” who helped save their farm. Speaking with CNN’s John King, right-wing provocateur Andrew Breitbart challenged Eloise Spooner’s “purported” story, accusing King of trusting Sherrod “that the ‘farmer’s wife’ is the farmer’s wife”:

You tell me as a reporter how CNN put on a person today who purported to be the farmer’s wife? What did you do to find out whether or not that was the actual farmer’s wife? I mean, if you’re going to accuse me of a falsehood, tell me where you’ve confirmed that had this incident happened 24 years ago. [...]

You’re going off of her word that the farmer’s wife is the farmer’s wife?

hcap
07-22-2010, 06:18 AM
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201007210024

Will media fall for Breitbart's attempt to spin his spectacular failure?

....After launching what has now been conclusively shown to be an unfair and false attack on Shirley Sherrod, Andrew Breitbart is scrambling to justify his decision to post the deceptive video. He now says that his blog post -- which smeared Sherrod as racist -- was "not about Shirley Sherrod. It's not about Shirley Sherrod. I can say it 20 times. It's about the NAACP." In fact, there is ample evidence that Breitbart directly went after Sherrod.

And if his claim that the NAACP tolerates racism is based on the debunked claim that Sherrod's speech shows she is racist, doesn't his whole excuse fall apart? Well, Breitbart claimed on Fox News last night that the video proves there are racists among the NAACP because "the audience was laughing and applauding as she described how she maltreated the white farmer," and he argued that the audience did not "know that there was going to be a point of redemption" in her story.

In his initial post, Breitbart described the audience reaction as "nodding approval and murmurs of recognition and agreement." And that was before we all had access to the full video and the proper context. Now, he says that the audience was "applauding" in approval of discrimination. In fact, Breitbart's claim that the audience was applauding as she "described how she maltreated the white farmer" is demonstrably false.

First of all, the full video shows that the audience did have reason to understand where Sherrod's speech was going and that her story was about the importance of moving beyond race. Before getting into the story about the "white farmer," Sherrod previewed the lesson that she learned:

[16:34] SHERROD: God is good. I can tell you that. When I made that commitment, I was making that commitment to black people -- and to black people only. But you know God will show you things and he'll put things in your path so that you realize that the struggle is really about poor people --

AUDIENCE: All right. All right.

hcap
07-22-2010, 06:26 AM
A Note to the Right

— By Kevin Drum
| Wed Jul. 21, 2010 9:44 AM PDT

There have been three big conservative outrages that have choked the airwaves over the past couple of weeks. #1 was about a bunch of scary black men, the New Black Panther Party. #2 was about a bunch of scary Muslims who want to build a triumphal mosque on the sacred soil of Ground Zero. #3 was about a vindictive black woman who works for the government and screws the white people she deals with. The running theme here is not just a coincidence.

Honest to God, someone on the right needs to start talking about this. Not David Frum or Andrew Sullivan, who have long since been purged from the ranks of real right wingers. Someone that conservatives actually listen to. Pronto. Who's going to start?

Tom
07-22-2010, 07:31 AM
I'll start.

Are you aware that the president is not a US citizen?

:D

lsbets
07-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Olby was great - Mr. President everyone who doesn't like you is racist. :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad to see he's still trotting out the racist line. Meanwhile, that "scum" Breitbart is laughing his ass off, because he revealed to the world how completely incompetent this administration is (but most of us with a brain have known that for a while).

Mike at A+
07-22-2010, 08:26 AM
A note to the left, Kevin Drum in particular:

I remember during the last administration how the lamestream media pushed and ran with some pretty dumb "news" items like:

1.) Bush's discharge papers from 37 years ago. Dan Rather disgraced for presenting forgeries as evidence.
2.) Laura Bush's car accident 47 years ago. The left disgraced by continually saying that Mrs. Bush deliberately killed an ex-boyfriend.
3.) Bush's college grades 42 years ago. John Kerry disgraced when it became known that his own grades were lower than Bush's.

The big difference is that none of the above actually mean a thing in today's America. While the three previously mentioned mean quite a lot in the areas of voting rights, a potential front for terrorist activity right under our noses and a current administration official whose spoken and recorded words still smack of racism after reading the full transcript.

lsbets
07-22-2010, 11:16 AM
I just read Breitbart's original piece, the one where the video was posted for the first time. Media matters (maybe the most dishonest organization in America), says that Breaitbart's assertion that his story was about the NAACP and not Sherrod is nothing more than dishonest spin.

The original story is 22 paragraphs long. Breitbart begins by talking about the teaparties and the desperate attempts to label them as racist when no evidence has been brought forward. He talks about the NAACP resolution calling the teaparties racist. 2/3rds of the way down the page he mentions Sherrod. Her name is only in 4 paragraphs, and in one is merely a sidenote. The piece is without a doubt an attack on the NAACP and their baseless attacks on the teaparties.

Media matters is nothing but a shameless, dishonest organization. The reality of this case does not back up the desperate spin from the left about how it happened.

Curious note -Fox News did not cover the story until after Sherrod resigned. But if you listen to the dishonest loons on the left, they would have you believe that Fox drove the story. Ooops, reality and progressivism are at odds again. Who would thunk it?

Tom
07-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Yes, they were all mislead by that lying FOX network! :eek:

These people would not know the truth if you beat them over the head with it. :lol:

bigmack
07-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Media matters is nothing but a shameless, dishonest organization. The reality of this case does not back up the desperate spin from the left about how it happened.
Yeah, but if you can show that you've read anything at MediaMatters, you get a free lollipop, 8 free tokens to Chuck E. Cheese, 2 Hotpockets & a large bag of Cheetos.

http://grayhounds.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/cheetos_mascot.jpg

mostpost
07-22-2010, 09:18 PM
What an idiot

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KfPqG_kjBoY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KfPqG_kjBoY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

..Breitbart’s New Conspiracy Theory: The ‘Purported’ Farmer’s Wife Is A Plant

Two white farmers who were supposedly discriminated against by former USDA official Shirley Sherrod spoke out on her behalf yesterday, saying “no way in the world” is she racist.

But last night, the right-wing blogger who instigated this faux controversy questioned the white farmers’ honesty and repeated his false racist charges. In interviews with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and CNN, the Iron City, GA couple Roger and Eloise Spooner described Sherrod as a “friend for life” and a “good person” who helped save their farm. Speaking with CNN’s John King, right-wing provocateur Andrew Breitbart challenged Eloise Spooner’s “purported” story, accusing King of trusting Sherrod “that the ‘farmer’s wife’ is the farmer’s wife”:

You tell me as a reporter how CNN put on a person today who purported to be the farmer’s wife? What did you do to find out whether or not that was the actual farmer’s wife? I mean, if you’re going to accuse me of a falsehood, tell me where you’ve confirmed that had this incident happened 24 years ago. [...]

You’re going off of her word that the farmer’s wife is the farmer’s wife?
You realize of course that there are now people here who will be convinced that the farmer's wife is a plant, even though thinking that is absolutely ridiculous. They've already convinced themselves that the people who acted worst in this incident were the White House and the NAACP, in spite of the fact that it was Breitbart and FoxNews that lied about the whole deal. Since when is the person who fell for a lie worse than the person(s) who told the lie? :bang:

mostpost
07-22-2010, 09:20 PM
I'll start.

Are you aware that the president is not a US citizen?

:D
When you post something like that, one is forced to question your sanity. Seriously.

bigmack
07-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Olby was great - Mr. President everyone who doesn't like you is racist. :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad to see he's still trotting out the racist line. Meanwhile, that "scum" Breitbart is laughing his ass off, because he revealed to the world how completely incompetent this administration is (but most of us with a brain have known that for a while).
Issy - His name of course was, Capt. Alfred Dreyfus :lol: :lol:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/glenn-beck-has-a-jolly-old-time-mocking-keith-olbermanns-sherrod-comment/

lsbets
07-22-2010, 09:40 PM
You realize of course that there are now people here who will be convinced that the farmer's wife is a plant, even though thinking that is absolutely ridiculous. They've already convinced themselves that the people who acted worst in this incident were the White House and the NAACP, in spite of the fact that it was Breitbart and FoxNews that lied about the whole deal. Since when is the person who fell for a lie worse than the person(s) who told the lie? :bang:

Hey mosty, maybe for once you might care about the truth. Check out the timeline here, read some of the links, and learn to think for yourself:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/examining-the-myth-that-fox-news-drove-shirley-sherrod-to-resign/

mostpost
07-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey mosty, maybe for once you might care about the truth. Check out the timeline here, read some of the links, and learn to think for yourself:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/examining-the-myth-that-fox-news-drove-shirley-sherrod-to-resign/
Ok, I checked out the timeline, I read some of the links, I even watched some of the videos. I don't need to learnto think for myself, because I already do that.

Your argument as I see it is that Fox News was not to blame because Sherrod had already resigned when Fox first played the video. But, it's not about the resignation. If Sherrod had not resigned, Fox News would still be to blame because they accused her of racism when none had occured. They took a tape and played it without seeking to find the context and they did this because it was an opportunity to discredit the White House and to discredit the NAACP. The only reason they were not howling for Sherrod's resignation was because she had already resigned.
Of course they wasted no time in excoriating the NAACP. Even after the whole tape had come out and the entire incident had been proven to be a fiasco, Breitbart continued to insist that it proved racism because of applause by the audience. Except their was no applause and anyone listening to the entire speech would be aware their was a foreshadowing of Ms. Sherrod's intent even before she began her tale.

newtothegame
07-22-2010, 11:45 PM
And further more...my only question in this matter is...
A. How many people has Obama personally came to the "rescue" of ???
1. Gates Professor at Harvard
2. Sherrod where he personally called her THREE TIMES to apologize
3. anyone else care to add names to the list, feel free.....

And how quickly did he "intervene" in these matters above versus....
oh let's say THE OIL SPILL, Afghanistan....

And wow they pulled the trigger rather quickly on general McCrystal.....

Hmmm...odd I would think....

JustRalph
07-23-2010, 12:05 AM
I am so over this

there is no such thing as journalism anymore

just dueling and more dueling...........

time for more action

mostpost
07-23-2010, 12:11 AM
And further more...my only question in this matter is...
A. How many people has Obama personally came to the "rescue" of ???
1. Gates Professor at Harvard
2. Sherrod where he personally called her THREE TIMES to apologize
3. anyone else care to add names to the list, feel free.....

And how quickly did he "intervene" in these matters above versus....
oh let's say THE OIL SPILL, Afghanistan....

And wow they pulled the trigger rather quickly on general McCrystal.....

Hmmm...odd I would think....
1. Gates Professor? Is that someone who teaches about how to move from one side of a fence to the other without climbing over?
2. This makes it sound like he apologized three times. He called three times because she wasn't home the first two times. And, of course, he didn't call at all, the White House operator placed the call.
3. who knows?

The OIL SPILL? What would you know about what Obama was doing behind the scenes? You wouldn't be happy unless he were down there with a pail and strainer. No, you wouldn't even be happy then.

johnhannibalsmith
07-23-2010, 12:12 AM
OH my... a news outlet showed video out of context that illustrated disingenuous claims of racism... Fox is so late on the scene with this gig...

boxcar
07-23-2010, 12:25 AM
1. Gates Professor? Is that someone who teaches about how to move from one side of a fence to the other without climbing over?
2. This makes it sound like he apologized three times. He called three times because she wasn't home the first two times. And, of course, he didn't call at all, the White House operator placed the call.
3. who knows?

The OIL SPILL? What would you know about what Obama was doing behind the scenes? You wouldn't be happy unless he were down there with a pail and strainer. No, you wouldn't even be happy then.

So, you wish to argue from silence? How about arguing from what we do know. It is pretty well documented that for over the first 40-day period, he didn't see fit to call the CEO of BP. He was too busy playing golf, repeating the mindless mantra, "I will not rest until....", and waxing really presidential by talking about butts he wanted to kick. Meanwhile, we also know that he refused more than a few offers of help from around the world during this period.

Boxcar

newtothegame
07-23-2010, 12:28 AM
3. who knows?

So please elaborate mosty...since you think your the enlightened one...why is it the POTUS feels it necessary to call a worker THREE TIMES because she lost her job (wrong or right).

Why would POTUS feel the NEED to have drinks at the WH no less over a police incident (which by the way happen DAILY across America)...and no one else has been called to the WH for drinks???

And as for the oil spill...your right, I don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes...just as YOU DON'T EITHER....

What I do see is alot of inaction and time delays and more hate against BIG oil from this administration...

Speaking of which...what say you about the THOUSANDS of jobs which are being lost along the gulf due to his haste in moratoriums???

mostpost
07-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Speaking of which...what say you about the THOUSANDS of jobs which are being lost along the gulf due to his haste in moratoriums???
So, Mr. Newt, how many oil wells do you think there are in U.S. coastal waters? There are 3500 operating wells. How many do you think were shut down as a result of Obama's moratorium? I'll bet you think all of them.
33 wells were shut down. Thirty-Three!!
How many people does that put out of work? I went to www.ask.com and asked the question. "How many people work on and offshore oil well?"
They listed 26 different jobs. They also said that in most cases one person will do several jobs as many of the jobs are required sporadically. But there are other jobs such as catering in which several people are involved.
Let's say 26 people on each of 33 rigs; total 858. That's not thousands and chances are the companies can find positions on the 3467 rigs that were not shut down.

All this is leaving aside the fact that none of the oil companies has shown the slightest indication that they can operate deep water wells safely, and none of them has shown that they have any plans for fixing things when something goes wrong. Or haven't you heard about the BP spill?

mostpost
07-23-2010, 02:12 AM
So, you wish to argue from silence? How about arguing from what we do know. It is pretty well documented that for over the first 40-day period, he didn't see fit to call the CEO of BP. He was too busy playing golf, repeating the mindless mantra, "I will not rest until....", and waxing really presidential by talking about butts he wanted to kick. Meanwhile, we also know that he refused more than a few offers of help from around the world during this period.

Boxcar
And you argue from ignorance. The golf thing is getting old. It's been established that Obama plays golf abut once every two weeks. Just because you publish a picture of Obama playing golf does not mean that picture was taken recently. What would calling the CEO of BP have accomplished? The CEO was not in a boat cleaning up oil. Those people were working in conjunction with government officials on the scene.
As for refusing offers of help with one exception, no offers were refused. Some offers were not accepted until it was determined where and when they could best be utilized. Here is a link which you will not read since it does not fit your agenda,
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/06/oil-spill-foreign-help-and-the-jones-act/

newtothegame
07-23-2010, 03:42 AM
So, Mr. Newt, how many oil wells do you think there are in U.S. coastal waters? There are 3500 operating wells. How many do you think were shut down as a result of Obama's moratorium? I'll bet you think all of them.
33 wells were shut down. Thirty-Three!!
How many people does that put out of work? I went to www.ask.com (http://www.ask.com/) and asked the question. "How many people work on and offshore oil well?"
They listed 26 different jobs. They also said that in most cases one person will do several jobs as many of the jobs are required sporadically. But there are other jobs such as catering in which several people are involved.
Let's say 26 people on each of 33 rigs; total 858. That's not thousands and chances are the companies can find positions on the 3467 rigs that were not shut down.

All this is leaving aside the fact that none of the oil companies has shown the slightest indication that they can operate deep water wells safely, and none of them has shown that they have any plans for fixing things when something goes wrong. Or haven't you heard about the BP spill?

Now your stepping into "waters" you know nothing about....

I suggest you go back and recheck your figures as they are not even close.

What about support? What about 24/7? Its obvious you know nothing in this area....

Here's a little help ohhh clueless one...Just at the time of the explosion on the horizon, there were 126 employees. That was one shift!

Need proof?? since obviously you werent able to search yourself....here ya go...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizon_explosion

And further more...it is THOUSANDS...need more proof??? See there are these things called "support personnel.....

12 thousand plus.......

http://www.epmag.com/2010/July/item63533.php

Maybe you should do some research before you truly show how inept you truly are at facts and studies.

while true, the initial affect is a mere 33 rigs, your number of people who works those rigs are not even remotely close to what it takes to staff (much less support) a single rig. Try a recalculation and get back with us.

newtothegame
07-23-2010, 03:45 AM
And, I guess you just missed those other questions about why the POTUS would be so readily available to offer his services to those INDIVIDUALS on a moments notice???? Figured you would gloss over that part as well as misrepresent the rest of your arguement.

newtothegame
07-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Possibly HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS......

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/9/drilling-moratorium-is-a-jobs-moratorium/

maybe you should go to "re-ask".com for better numbers. :lol:

hcap
07-23-2010, 05:56 AM
There may be another reason Breitbart trlrased the edited video. No matter the bullshit backpedaling "wanted to show racism of the NAACP"

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/07/shirley_sherrod_and_the_discrimination_of_black_fa .php?ref=fpb

t's also important to understand that Andrew Breitbart's timing of the release of the grossly distorted video of Sherrod, which he admits having had for weeks, may not be entirely random. Congress will soon vote on whether to fund part of a settlement between the USDA and African-American farmers who faced acknowledged discrimination -- farmers like Sherrod and her husband used to be. It's a tiny piece of the upcoming war supplemental bill.

The USDA settlements with African-American farmers are a longtime bête noire of the right, which they deem a giveaway to a core Democratic constituency. It's not clear whether Brietbart's release of the video was specifically intended to hurt the chances of other African-America farmers to receive recompense from decades of discrimination that caused them to lose their farms, but conservatives immediately used the video to attack the settlement. The discrimination claims, known globally as the Pigford settlement, is the elephant in the room, so here's the background.

bigmack
07-23-2010, 06:46 AM
It's not clear whether Brietbart's release of the video was specifically intended to hurt the chances of other African-America farmers to receive recompense from decades of discrimination that caused them to lose their farms, but conservatives immediately used the video to attack the settlement.
Why do 97% of the batty things you post from wacko blogs include a pile of finger pointing and one line that starts "It's not clear" :lol:

'Shirl' ain't beatin' around the bush, she thinks Breitbart wants Blacks to be slaves again :eek:

cwNBySVh5vU

Mike at A+
07-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Fox News did not "accuse her of racism". They simply replayed some of her own words, most notably "I referred him to one of his own" (meaning a white lawyer). I recall a dustup several years back when someone addressing the black community used the phrase "you people" and Al Sharpton went ballistic.

lsbets
07-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Mosty, you do need to learn to think for yourself and apparently to read also. Perhaps you might want to read the memo from the head of the news division at Fox regarding this matter and how they would cover it. The big threat was "resign, you're going to be on Glenn Beck". The only problem with that is, Beck didn't cover it until the next day, and when he did he said her remarks were taken out of context and she was mistreated by the administration. That doesn't quite fit how you'd like to spin things. I know, I know, the narrative says blame Fox, and you have to follow the narrative. But there might come a day when no one is left to do your thinking for you and if you don't start learning now, you'll be left in one hell of a pickle trying to figure it out then.

Mike at A+
07-23-2010, 08:48 AM
What I thought was particularly funny was this woman saying that she was considering a lawsuit against Breitbart. Could you just imagine what our court system would look like if every conservative filed suit against every liberal blogger who posted something negative (or just plain false) about them? George Bush alone could file several thousand lawsuits.

GaryG
07-23-2010, 09:04 AM
This shows the FNP (Fox News Paranoia) that grips the administration. Resign this f***ing minute! You will be on Glenn Beck tonight! I guess it was bringing down that commie Van Jones that focused them on GB. This gets better all the time. Charlie Rangel was just what they did not need.

Robert Goren
07-23-2010, 09:10 AM
When you are caught with your pants down, You apologize, pull your pants up and move on. The NAACP and Obama have apologized, pull their pants up and moved on. Breitbart hasn't apologized and keeps insisting that his pants were never down while his naked butt is still showing. For the record, Fox news has said that they did not cover the story until she resigned ,then only resignation and insists they did not imply she was a racist and that Glenn Beck did not comment on it, but admits that political commentators(their words) Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity did.

mostpost
07-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Now your stepping into "waters" you know nothing about....

I suggest you go back and recheck your figures as they are not even close.

What about support? What about 24/7? Its obvious you know nothing in this area....

Here's a little help ohhh clueless one...Just at the time of the explosion on the horizon, there were 126 employees. That was one shift!

Need proof?? since obviously you werent able to search yourself....here ya go...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizon_explosion

And further more...it is THOUSANDS...need more proof??? See there are these things called "support personnel.....

12 thousand plus.......

http://www.epmag.com/2010/July/item63533.php

Maybe you should do some research before you truly show how inept you truly are at facts and studies.

while true, the initial affect is a mere 33 rigs, your number of people who works those rigs are not even remotely close to what it takes to staff (much less support) a single rig. Try a recalculation and get back with us.
OK. I accept your numbers, and I accept that it is not good to put that many people out of work. But, at what cost do we keep those people working? Eleven people died on that shift of 126. That's one out of every 11.4. Is that an acceptable price to pay. The cost of capping the well and cleanup is in the billions. Can you guarantee that another well won't fail? And what happens if one does fail? We are stretched to the limit taking care of one disaster. What do we do if a second or third well goes bad?

Mike at A+
07-23-2010, 10:14 AM
OK. I accept your numbers, and I accept that it is not good to put that many people out of work. But, at what cost do we keep those people working? Eleven people died on that shift of 126. That's one out of every 11.4. Is that an acceptable price to pay. The cost of capping the well and cleanup is in the billions. Can you guarantee that another well won't fail? And what happens if one does fail? We are stretched to the limit taking care of one disaster. What do we do if a second or third well goes bad?
If you are that concerned about the 11 people who have died would it be safe to assume that you feel the same way about all the Americans who have been killed by illegals, many on their own property? To use your own words, "at what cost do we keep those people" illegally flowing across our borders?

Tom
07-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Habitual racist Reverend Al was on CNN last night having a fit that this poor woman was fired for nothing.

Duh.

Who fired her?
Who acted without all the facts in?

Yeah,
I know - FOX! :lol:

What a fool this guy is!!!!

mostpost
07-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Mosty, you do need to learn to think for yourself and apparently to read also. Perhaps you might want to read the memo from the head of the news division at Fox regarding this matter and how they would cover it. The big threat was "resign, you're going to be on Glenn Beck". The only problem with that is, Beck didn't cover it until the next day, and when he did he said her remarks were taken out of context and she was mistreated by the administration. That doesn't quite fit how you'd like to spin things. I know, I know, the narrative says blame Fox, and you have to follow the narrative. But there might come a day when no one is left to do your thinking for you and if you don't start learning now, you'll be left in one hell of a pickle trying to figure it out then.
Somebody didn't read that memo. Because there were numerous instances of Fox hosts calling the remarks racist and accusing the NAACP if racism. All without attempting to verify the context of the remarks.
http://mediamatters.org/research/201007220004
(I know, I know Media Matters blah, blah, blah.)
At 8:50PM
Bill O'Reilly stated that "Sherrod was caught on tape saying something very disturbing. Seems a white farmer in Georgia had requested government assistance from Ms. Sherrod." After airing Breitbart's video, O'Reilly stated: "That is simply unacceptable. And Ms. Sherrod must resign immediately." (accessed via Nexis)
At 9:04PM

Fox News contributor Newt Gingrich stated: "Secretary Vilsack did exactly the right thing. I mean I often disagree with this administration. But firing her after that kind of viciously racist attitude was exactly the right thing to do."
9:44 p.m.: Hannity's Great American Panel discusses Sherrod video. During the "Great American Panel" segment of Fox News' Hannity, Republican strategist Kate Obenshain stated, "It's just a shame that it takes an expose, it takes Breitbart having to put it on his website, for her resignation to be forced." The Wall Street Journal's John Fund stated: "Obviously no one complained at the Georgia NAACP. No one complained. It would have passed unless they had this video which came out now." Hannity further stated that Sherrod's comments were "racist." (accessed via Nexis)
As for Beck, on his Fox show Beck called for context. Sure he did. After he found there was more to the story he covered his butt. On his radio show in the morning he was a willing and eager member of the conservative chorus.
9:52 a.m.: Beck asks, "Have we transformed into 1956?" On his radio show, Glenn Beck discussed the Sherrod story and asked, "Excuse me, have we transformed into 1956, only the other way around?" Beck also aired Breitbart's edited Sherrod clip.

The Media Matters timeline contains links to the video and audio segments referenced above.
I think you are the one who needs to learn to think for himself as it appears everything you believe comes straight from Fox.

mostpost
07-23-2010, 10:25 AM
If you are that concerned about the 11 people who have died would it be safe to assume that you feel the same way about all the Americans who have been killed by illegals, many on their own property? To use your own words, "at what cost do we keep those people" illegally flowing across our borders?
There are plenty of threads about illegals. Try to stay on topic.

Mike at A+
07-23-2010, 10:50 AM
There are plenty of threads about illegals. Try to stay on topic.
Typical :lol:

lsbets
07-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Mosty, you really need to learn a lot more about that thinking and comprehension thing, and get off the Soros koolaid. The memo applied to the news division, not the opinion folks,and once again, no mention at all was made until after she had resigned. The more you try to defend your position, the more you make yourself look like a fool.

The fact is the Whitehouse panicked when Breitbart released the video and they fired the woman. Once again Obama has shown he is completely incapable of leading and is totally unfit for the job. After she "resigned" Fox opinion hosts gave their - get a load of this - opinions. Ha. Can you believe the nerve of the host of an opinion show giving an opinion? Or a commentator giving commentary. Unreal. At the time those folks made their comments Monday night, their opinions were pretty much the same as the Obama's opinion, and the NAACP's stated opinion. And for the most part, when the NAACP released the whole video (why the hell they didn't look at it right away is beyond me) most of the Fox guys' opinions changed just as Obama's and the NAACP.

I know, facts are a troubling thing for the liberal mind. Maybe the new healthcare plan will cover liberalism under the mental illness section?

bigmack
07-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Eleven people died on that shift of 126. That's one out of every 11.4.
I would have loved to have been a mouse in the corner of the room watching you crack out a calculator dividing 126 by 11. :lol:

You are certifiable! :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
07-23-2010, 11:54 AM
The fact is that a right wing nut lied and the white house panicked. At least the white house has apologized. We are still waiting for the right wing nut do the same.

Mike at A+
07-23-2010, 11:57 AM
The fact is that a right wing nut lied and the white house panicked. At least the white house has apologized. We are still waiting for the right wing nut do the same.
Why should Breitbart apologize? He did basically the same thing Michael Moore does in all his movies - he cuts and pastes and splices video clips to support his views.

bigmack
07-23-2010, 12:00 PM
What are you dense? Shirley spelled it out in her 10th interview on CNN. A.Breitbart wants Blacks to be slaves again. And you want him to apologize? :lol:

Robert Goren
07-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Why should Breitbart apologize? He did basically the same thing Michael Moore does in all his movies - he cuts and pastes and splices video clips to support his views. And I thought you on the right were above doing things that Moore does. I guess I was wrong.

GaryG
07-23-2010, 12:14 PM
I have a feeling that ol Shirl will extend her 15 minutes by making the rounds on the talk show circuit. Probably not on Fox though. Her babbling will keep this whole embarrassing story in the news. That slave talk makes for some good sound bites on MSNBC. Maybe Barry Hussein will now order her to STFU.

bigmack
07-23-2010, 12:24 PM
I have a feeling that ol Shirl will extend her 15 minutes by making the rounds on the talk show circuit. Probably not on Fox though.
Her feelings about Fox:

“they are after a bigger thing, they would love to take us back to… where black people were looking down, not looking white folks in the face, not being able to compete for a job out there and not be a whole person.”

I say this country needs someone like SS to bring us all a little closer together. :D

JustRalph
07-23-2010, 12:53 PM
When you are caught with your pants down, You apologize, pull your pants up and move on. d.

What the hell does Bill Clinton have to do with this?

Mike at A+
07-23-2010, 01:13 PM
And I thought you on the right were above doing things that Moore does. I guess I was wrong.
Congratulations Rob! You just identified the single most contributing factor to the ever increasing political polarization of the left and the right that most of us (including myself) and sometimes guilty of. Painting large groups of people with the same broad brush.

newtothegame
07-23-2010, 02:25 PM

Mosty mosty mosty...not even you...can be this dense....

First you bring numbers that are so far out in left field that Bonds can't find the ball....next, you agree they are wrong...then you try to go back and use false math again.

You said 3500 operating wells in the gulf right?? Now stick with me here...
126 PER shift on 3500 wells....that's 441,000 workers per shift throughout the gulf.
And your right (amazingly) that 11 died on the horizon....
Now wouldnt that be 1 out of 40,090 per shift ???? In your feeble attempt to make this out to be the worlds most dangerous job, YOU FALL SHORT!

And thats not even taking into account the 'support" personel.

Does BP have a bad track record?? Yes, without a doubt. Does this administration have a track record of APPROVING those safety slips?? Yes, without a doubt. But you DO NOT shut down an industry due to accidents. You FIND the cause, FIX IT, Fine those severely involved, and move on.

Now listen...ONE life is too many! But to continue to push BAD numbers to fit your agenda...well its just down right disgusting (especially to those who do sacrifice their family and lives to provide you with the heating oil you need, the fuel for your car, .). At least stop making up numbers.

Believe what you wish...just bring facts to the table if you wish to make a legit arguement.

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2010, 04:23 PM
The OIL SPILL? What would you know about what Obama was doing behind the scenes? You wouldn't be happy unless he were down there with a pail and strainer. No, you wouldn't even be happy then.This coming from a guy who undoubtedly criticizes former President Bush for not jumping out of his seat and striking a Ninja-like pose the moment Andy Card whispered into his ear.

mostpost
07-23-2010, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=newtothegame]Mosty mosty mosty...not even you...can be this dense....

First you bring numbers that are so far out in left field that Bonds can't find the ball....next, you agree they are wrong...then you try to go back and use false math again.

126 PER shift on 3500 wells....that's 441,000 workers per shift throughout the gulf.
Now wouldnt that be 1 out of 40,090 per shift ???? In your feeble attempt to make this out to be the worlds most dangerous job, YOU FALL SHORT!

Does BP have a bad track record?? Yes, without a doubt. Does this administration have a track record of APPROVING those safety slips?? Yes, without a doubt. But you DO NOT shut down an industry due to accidents. You FIND the cause, FIX IT, Fine those severely involved, and move on.

Now listen...ONE life is too many! But to continue to push BAD numbers to fit your agenda...well its just down right disgusting (especially to those who do sacrifice their family and lives to provide you with the heating oil you need, the fuel for your car, .). At least stop making up numbers.

Believe what you wish...just bring facts to the table if you wish to make a legit arguement.[/QUOTE}
From my post #99:
Those other folks have nothing to do with anything. That one accident cost eleven lives.
Yes you do shut down an industry if you need to, because an industry won't shut itself down. At the very least you shut down the portion of an industry where the problems lie.

boxcar
07-23-2010, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=newtothegame]Mosty mosty mosty...not even you...can be this dense....

Believe what you wish...just bring facts to the table if you wish to make a legit arguement.[/QUOTE}
From my post #99:
Those other folks have nothing to do with anything. That one accident cost eleven lives.
Yes you do shut down an industry if you need to, because an industry won't shut itself down. At the very least you shut down the portion of an industry where the problems lie.

What is the precedent for shutting down an entire industry? When has the government done this previously?

Boxcar

bigmack
07-23-2010, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=mostpost]
What is the precedent for shutting down an entire industry? When has the government done this previously?

And furthermore, what does a discussion about the moratorium have to do with this thread?

1 in 11.4 are dead :lol: :lol:

Mike at A+
07-23-2010, 07:28 PM
From my post #99:
Those other folks have nothing to do with anything.
If that's the case, then "those other folks" shouldn't be shut down.

Mike at A+
07-23-2010, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=boxcar]
And furthermore, what does a discussion about the moratorium have to do with this thread?

1 in 11.4 are dead :lol: :lol:
Yeah, stay on topic! :lol:

JustRalph
07-24-2010, 01:47 AM
40k people died in car wrecks last year

Shut down all the roads now!

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2010, 02:49 AM
Is this whole thing not the dumbest shit you've seen in a long time?

hcap
07-24-2010, 06:46 AM
Talk about dumb shit?

http://mediamatters.org/research/201007220054

Right-wing conspiracy: Sherrod controversy "orchestrated" by the White House to "smear Breitbart"
July 22, 2010 4:34 pm ET — 88 Comments

As Andrew Breitbart's Shirley Sherrod smear dissolved, rather than blame Breitbart for posting the deceptive clip of her speech, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, and Rush Limbaugh ludicrously began speculating that he and the conservative media could have been the victim of a "set-up" that had been "orchestrated" by the White House.

hcap
07-24-2010, 06:52 AM
To complete the dumbness.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/07/21/ann-coulter-to-sean-hannity-breitbart-was-set-up/

Ann Coulter to Sean Hannity: 'Andrew Breitbart Was Set Up'

"The whole key to this story is that Andrew Breitbart was set up. He was sent a tape that, as we now know, was massively out of context. It did look like this woman was saying something racist. When she first said it was taken out of context . . . we've heard that before from politicians telling racist jokes. This is the first time in world history it was literally taken out of context.

"It was a lovely speech. Of course the White House reacted that way -- of course you reacted the way you did. Anyone would have. I think Breitbart ought to reveal his source, because he was set up. This was a fraud. The person who sent the edited tape has to know what the full speech said, and whomever sent only that segment to Andrew Breitbart is the one who should apologize to Shirley Sherrod.

Tom
07-24-2010, 09:52 AM
"The whole key to this story is....

That once again, Obama over-reacted without getting facts first, which has been the story ofhis presidency. He mouthed off about the Boston cops with no facts, then wasted a week or two dealing with the mess he created.
Thus whole thing underscore his incompetence to hold this office. What if he over-reacts prematurely with the Chinnese or Russians?

Nice spin the left is trying to put on this, but bottom line is, Obama screwed up big time...again. Not Fox's fault. :lol: :lol: Boys, your leader is a fool!

skate
07-24-2010, 01:05 PM
just pull the plug, babe.:bang:

skate
07-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Ann Coulter has not been wrong Lately, as in Never.:)

mostpost
07-24-2010, 03:07 PM
That once again, Obama over-reacted without getting facts first, which has been the story ofhis presidency. He mouthed off about the Boston cops with no facts, then wasted a week or two dealing with the mess he created.
Thus whole thing underscore his incompetence to hold this office. What if he over-reacts prematurely with the Chinnese or Russians?

Nice spin the left is trying to put on this, but bottom line is, Obama screwed up big time...again. Not Fox's fault. :lol: :lol: Boys, your leader is a fool!
Do you actually believe the crap you write? Fox took the tape and played it withour verifying its content. They commented on that tape several times and screamed for the firing of its subject. I don't care whether those comments were on news shows or opinion shows. They were made with the knowledge that the fact were in doubt;seriously in doubt.

Furthermore, if the administration did act in haste, (and I have already said they did) at least they corrected their mistake and made things right. From Fox and Breitart we have gotten nothing but revisionist history.
When assessing fault you begin with the person or persons who created a situation. They get the majority of the blame for without their actions the people who make mistakes in reaction to the original mistake would never have made their mistakes.

Tom
07-24-2010, 03:11 PM
mostie, do you read what you write? :rolleyes:

Who fired her, Obama or Fox?
End of story.
NOTHING else matters.

bigmack
07-24-2010, 03:18 PM
They get the majority of the blame for without their actions the people who make mistakes in reaction to the original mistake would never have made their mistakes.
When will every news outlet that has propagated the cockamamie story about people getting spit upon and people using the N-word apologize to The Tea Party? It's been proven completely false but not one retraction. What a surprise.

ArlJim78
07-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Obama has preached to not watch Fox or blogs like Breitbart. He has preached that he isn't going to get caught up in the 24 hour news cycle.

haha, so when a clip appears on Breitbart they race to the phones telling this woman to pull of the road and resign because they were concerned that Beck would pick it up next. so it confirmed that they are obsessed with places like Fox and Breitbart, and are caught up in the 24 hour news cycle.

they canned this woman within 24 hours, but the response to the oil rig explosion and leak took a couple of weeks.

boxcar
07-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Obama has preached to not watch Fox or blogs like Breitbart. He has preached that he isn't going to get caught up in the 24 hour news cycle.

haha, so when a clip appears on Breitbart they race to the phones telling this woman to pull of the road and resign because they were concerned that Beck would pick it up next. so it confirmed that they are obsessed with places like Fox and Breitbart, and are caught up in the 24 hour news cycle.

they canned this woman within 24 hours, but the response to the oil rig explosion and leak took a couple of weeks.

Of course, the Left is obsessed with all their critics -- and rightfully so. They don't kindly to their critics exposing them for the thugs, thieves, frauds, racists and deceivers they are. A righteous man, who has nothing to hide and nothing to fear cares not about what others say about him because far more often than not, the allegations are easily and quickly disproved and, consequently, his accusers discredited.

Boxcar

Mike at A+
07-24-2010, 04:12 PM
When will every news outlet that has propagated the cockamamie story about people getting spit upon and people using the N-word apologize to The Tea Party? It's been proven completely false but not one retraction. What a surprise.

lsbets
07-24-2010, 05:13 PM
They commented on that tape several times and screamed for the firing of its subject.

I now nominate you for the densest human being on the planet. Despite it being proven as an absolute fact that Fox did not cover the story until after the woman had resigned, you still cling to your fantasy that they somehow caused her to resign. Even with as low a standard as you are usually held to (and its a low standard you have earned), I am still surprised that you are clinging to the blame Fox line. Cue the Olby music, we have found today's densest person in the wooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllldddddddddd.

mostpost
07-24-2010, 06:19 PM
I now nominate you for the densest human being on the planet. Despite it being proven as an absolute fact that Fox did not cover the story until after the woman had resigned, you still cling to your fantasy that they somehow caused her to resign. Even with as low a standard as you are usually held to (and its a low standard you have earned), I am still surprised that you are clinging to the blame Fox line. Cue the Olby music, we have found today's densest person in the wooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllldddddddddd.
There is no place in this thread where I said Fox caused Sherrod to resign. In fact, in #80 I said.
But, it's not about the resignation. If Sherrod had not resigned, Fox News would still be to blame because they accused her of racism when none had occured.
It is all about airing untrue and fabricated evidence. That is what I criticise FoxNews for. I do not for a minute believe they did not know the real context of the remarks, yet they continued to inflame the situation. :ThmbDown:

bigmack
07-24-2010, 06:54 PM
It is all about airing untrue and fabricated evidence. That is what I criticise FoxNews for.
I'll give ya misleading but untrue & fabricated is simply untrue & fabricated on your part. Guess how many misleading news stories are being told every single day? Tons!

Your outrage is clearly selective. CNN, MSNBC, et al., have your camp covered. Their coverage since the incident has been sidesplitting. No need for you to continue the counterfeit outrage.

lsbets
07-24-2010, 10:19 PM
There is no place in this thread where I said Fox caused Sherrod to resign.

No, you didn't say they caused it, you said they called for her to be fired, which kind of sort of implies that they did so before she actually resigned, because even you wouldn't be silly enough to call for someone to be fired after they resigned. Here's your quote:

They commented on that tape several times and screamed for the firing of its subject.

Can't wait to see the spin and backpeddle explaining that one. Admit it, you want to blame everything wrong with the world on Fox News, whether you have reason on your side or not.

Tom
07-24-2010, 11:10 PM
I think the Fox news babes told him to stop writing and calling.:D

mostpost
07-25-2010, 01:50 AM
No, you didn't say they caused it, you said they called for her to be fired, which kind of sort of implies that they did so before she actually resigned, because even you wouldn't be silly enough to call for someone to be fired after they resigned. Here's your quote:

Can't wait to see the spin and backpeddle explaining that one. Admit it, you want to blame everything wrong with the world on Fox News, whether you have reason on your side or not.

Here is the timeline on this matter from MediaMatters.
Monday
11:18 a.m.*: Breitbart posts Sherrod video, calls her "racist," claims "Context is everything."
1:40 p.m. (approximately): Fox Nation accuses Sherrod of "discrimination caught on tape" before she resigned. Fox Nation linked to Breitbart's Big Government piece and posted the deceptively cropped clips of Sherrod's speech at the NAACP in a post titled, "Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer":
True, they are not yet calling for her resignation but they are repeating the false accusations of racism. Perhaps they did not know the full context of the video, in which case they are journalistically incompetent, or perhaps they did in which case they are dishonest.
7:51 p.m.*: Big Government links to a FoxNews.com article reporting that Sherrod had resigned and USDA repudiated her remarks.
8:50 p.m.: O'Reilly airs Breitbart's Sherrod video. On his Fox News program, Bill O'Reilly stated that "Sherrod was caught on tape saying something very disturbing. Seems a white farmer in Georgia had requested government assistance from Ms. Sherrod." After airing Breitbart's video, O'Reilly stated: "That is simply unacceptable. And Ms. Sherrod must resign immediately." (accessed via Nexis)

(lsbets leaps up from his computer and runs around room screaming "I've got him, I've got him!!!! 8:50PM is after 7:51PM. Isn't it? :confused: Calls Karl Rove.)
Before you go any further, lsbets, OReilly tapes his show a couple of hours before it airs. What you have is him calling for Sherrod's resignation before it occured. Further proof? This quote from Oreilly: That is simply unacceptable. And Ms. Sherrod must resign immediately. Not did resign, must.

Now this one example may not rise to the level wherein I should have written
"screaming for her resignation" but the overall tone before and after Fox learned of the resignation was that Sherrod was a racist and had said racist things and all this proved the NAACP was racist. And even after all this was proven to be false they continued to spin, refused to accept blame, and tried to shift focus to actions taken by the White House and the NAACP.

GaryG
07-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Can you imagine any other admistration reacting as Barry Hussein did? Resign immediately, you will be on Butchie and Bathtub Boy tonight.

lsbets
07-25-2010, 07:58 AM
So O'Reilly felt the same way the White House and the NAACP did? And the next day he apologized, did he not? Are you dizzy from the spin mostie?

And BTW - after seeing Sherrod's comments when interviewed since. She is a racist. She would have us go back to the days when people are defined by a group rather than looked at as an individual. The more she is on the air, the more the political folks in the WH must be cringing. She represents everything that is wrong with race relations in our country.

Steve 'StatMan'
07-25-2010, 12:08 PM

If only the partial video was sent to him, then he didn't really lie, did he? He did have his chain pulled, and his whistle did go off. And lots more whistles went off. He was a propent of something that turned out was badly mistreprestatied on the person's fault, I'm not sure on the part of her audience.

Yes, sad that those at the NAACP who had the tape didn't remember right away about the better ending to her story. Did they even remember her presentation?

Was this all that Briebart has? Come on, pundits and politicians, let's play better together.

Steve 'StatMan'
07-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Did someone send Briebart the truncated video? Or did he recieve the whole thing and edit it? That's a key difference. It's one thing to be fooled bad info. And that part of the video was true, but not the whole truth. But a major problem if he indeed edited that way if he'd seen the whole thing.

If he only had the edited video, the major difference between him and Michael Moore is that Moore planned it all out, assembled his false slants (truths in his mind only), got imbedded video people into Iraq on OUR TAXPAYER DIME, and charged and made millions of dollars for it.

I'm not too keen on Briebart right now about this, though. Not so sure about him and the amens in his video, vs. Dan Rather and his still backing the phony papers he was given and claiming that 'they are essentiall true, its what everyone claims happened'.

Tom
07-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Purposely showing only select parts of video has long been the standard of the MSM. Remember all the Bush clips? In recent weeks, how many so-called journalists taken comments by Rush of Beck totally out of context and presented them as news?

You libs need to grow a set. You wanna play this game, be ready to get it thrown back at you. The bottom line here is the president was once again exposed as a rank amateur with no common sense. A complete FOOL! :lol:

bigmack
07-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Lil' Miss Sunshine, aka. Maureen Dowd wrote in NYTimes; The president shouldn’t give Sherrod her old job back. He should give her a new job: Director of Black Outreach. This White House needs one.

If this trend continues she'll be taking Bidens job. Or heck, BO's.

Mike at A+
07-25-2010, 08:06 PM
If this trend continues she'll be taking Bidens job. Or heck, BO's.
BO doesn't have a "job". He has sound bites, parties and vacations. He's the proverbial "kid in the candy store".

JustRalph
07-25-2010, 11:10 PM
breitbard showed his ass on this one

but then the whitehouse shoved their ass out the window and made a bigger mess

johnhannibalsmith
07-26-2010, 01:15 AM
...refused to accept blame...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/07/bill-oreilly-apologizes-to-shirley-sherrod-for-not-doing-my-homework.html

Excerpts:

Fox News host Bill O’Reilly offered a rare mea culpa Wednesday, apologizing for airing a controversial tape of a speech given by a black U.S. Dept. of Agriculture official that was edited to make it appear she was racist.

On Wednesday, he said he should have gotten the full story first. “I owe Ms. Sherrod an apology for not doing my homework, for not putting her remarks into the proper context,” he said on "The O'Reilly Factor," adding that his own words had been taken out of context by critics in the past. “I well understand the need for honest reporting.”

There was a pretty public apology on this matter from the very point you referenced, so you may just want to omit the easily refuted stuff so that it'll be easy to get down to business here..

hcap
07-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Earth to planet delusional. You gentlemen will get this.
You can even use it as your next grand conspiracy.

This Modern World
Tuesday, Jul 27, 2010 07:01 ET
Report from parallel earth

Revealed: Shocking video of parallel first lady!

http://www.salon.com/ent/comics/this_modern_world/2010/07/27/this_modern_world/story.jpg

rastajenk
07-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Weak.

hcap
07-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Maybe, but you think crap like this strong.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sVfYYHr3cdo/TEytkfoM1JI/AAAAAAAABf0/ogZWISl2sHc/s400/201031.jpg

Mike at A+
07-27-2010, 08:59 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sVfYYHr3cdo/TEytkfoM1JI/AAAAAAAABf0/ogZWISl2sHc/s400/201031.jpg
No stronger than you and your buds think of KOS, Huff and MSNBC who all have the tabloids beat in the fairy tale arena.

hcap
07-27-2010, 09:11 AM
No stronger than you and your buds think of KOS, Huff and MSNBC who all have the tabloids beat in the fairy tale arena.Please.. Brightlessbart and Faux are in a league of their own

Not counting the PA fantasy squad.

Tom
07-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Yes, hcap, and guess who else?
Obama. HE listened to those two and acted like a fool, again! :lol:

Mike at A+
07-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Please.. Brightlessbart and Faux are in a league of their own

Not counting the PA fantasy squad.
Really now? You DO realize that your "news" outlets actually promoted the theories that Bush brought down the twin towers and dynamited the levees in New Orleans.

rastajenk
07-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Maybe, but you think crap like this strong.No, I don't. But I do wonder how he got foreign student financial aid at Occidental.

Robert Goren
07-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Really now? You DO realize that your "news" outlets actually promoted the theories that Bush brought down the twin towers and dynamited the levees in New Orleans.I don't know anybody who promote the idea that he brought down the twin towers. The theory involves the collapse of some of the other buildings at complex. Of coarse the whole idea is pure hogwash. It is primary a theory of left wing nut jobs, a few right wing nuts have tested the water on it too.

Mike at A+
07-27-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't know anybody who promote the idea that he brought down the twin towers. The theory involves the collapse of some of the other buildings at complex. Of coarse the whole idea is pure hogwash. It is primary a theory of left wing nut jobs, a few right wing nuts have tested the water on it too.
Rosie O'Donnell (who to my knowledge is a certified "left wing nut job") has implied on several occasions that Bush was complicit in the fall of the towers. I've heard other lefties say that the Bush administration planted explosives at "strategic points" in the foundation of the buildings to produce the "controlled implosion" effect.

Since the person I was responding to seems to think that Breitbart and Fox (or Brightlessbart and Faux as the childish among us like to say) are in the same category as O'Donnell and MSNBC (and a boatload of others), I thought I'd attempt to show what REAL nut jobs say and do. Like the fine young Americans in ELF who say they want to protect the environment yet they burn down car dealerships and housing complexes spewing much pollution into the very air they wish to preserve.

Robert Goren
07-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Rosie O'Donnell (who to my knowledge is a certified "left wing nut job") has implied on several occasions that Bush was complicit in the fall of the towers. I've heard other lefties say that the Bush administration planted explosives at "strategic points" in the foundation of the buildings to produce the "controlled implosion" effect.

Since the person I was responding to seems to think that Breitbart and Fox (or Brightlessbart and Faux as the childish among us like to say) are in the same category as O'Donnell and MSNBC (and a boatload of others), I thought I'd attempt to show what REAL nut jobs say and do. Like the fine young Americans in ELF who say they want to protect the environment yet they burn down car dealerships and housing complexes spewing much pollution into the very air they wish to preserve.I have heard Rosie expound her views on 9/11. She clearly stated that the twin towers were not brought down by Bush. It was the other buildings. Maybe she changed her story. Perhaps you could cite someplace where you got that idea. God, I hate defending her as she is about as far out there as there is. Breitbart in his recent statements is attempting to put himself in her league. Fox news and MSNBC are what they are.

Mike at A+
07-27-2010, 01:58 PM
I have heard Rosie expound her views on 9/11. She clearly stated that the twin towers were not brought down by Bush. It was the other buildings. Maybe she changed her story. Perhaps you could cite someplace where you got that idea. God, I hate defending her as she is about as far out there as there is. Breitbart in his recent statements is attempting to put himself in her league. Fox news and MSNBC are what they are.
I don't remember Rosie's exact words nor do I have a link. But I actually heard her espouse those views on TV. Something about the inability of fire to melt steel or something of that nature. I remember her also saying that this is the first time in history that fire melted steel support beams and brought down a building.

Tom
07-27-2010, 02:26 PM
She said it on the View. Then she tried to eat Barbra Walters.
It was messy.

mostpost
07-27-2010, 04:50 PM
She said it on the View. Then she tried to eat Barbra Walters.
It was messy.
:lol: :lol:

cj's dad
07-27-2010, 06:53 PM
To even respond to Rosie "Butch" O'Donnell is a waste of time- she is a lunatic as are most of the members of the left wing liberal "progressive" hate mongering press to which the likes of Mostie-H'cap-NJStinks- and a few others adhere.

When this country is in the tank financially, morally, and militarily, post your thoughts !!

cj's dad
07-27-2010, 06:57 PM
All he has to do is stop spending Millions on keeping things secretive and this will go away. Why the secrecy ?? There is one reason why his student records are kept confidential and one reason only; he applied as a foreign born citizen; nothing else makes sense. Your whipping boy GWB gave out his records and Bada boom they were better than Al "I invented the internet" Gore".

God, you libs are pitiful.

DJofSD
07-27-2010, 07:19 PM
The truth from the horses mouth, here. (http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=13331)

bigmack
07-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Can you guarantee that another well won't fail? And what happens if one does fail? We are stretched to the limit taking care of one disaster. What do we do if a second or third well goes bad?
So 2 - Stop all tugboats & barges until we can GUARANTEE THEIR SAFETY.

This just in:

Barge Hits Abandoned Oil Well Off Louisiana Coast

HARAHAN, La.—An abandoned oil well was shooting a 100-foot plume of oil and gas into waters off the southeastern coast of Louisiana on Tuesday after it was hit by a tugboat pushing a barge.

Though the accident was unconnected to the Deepwater Horizon spill, it threatened to pollute Barataria Bay, one of the areas hardest hit by the crude that gushed from BP PLC's broken oil well.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703977004575393672718018794.html

Somebody get a calculator right away. I need to divide the number of tug boats & barges by 1. :eek:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/47613/saturday-night-live-calculator
Mosty & His Calulatah

mostpost
07-27-2010, 10:22 PM
The truth from the horses mouth, here. (http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=13331)
And I thought you didn't have a sense of humor.

hcap
07-28-2010, 04:21 AM
The truth from the horses mouth, here. (http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=13331)Weiner also had these comments. Maybe you are on to something at that.....

SAVAGE: Glenn Beck is a laughingstock. The mark of the uneducated man? He has a blackboard; he plays professor half the time. What's with the chalk? He didn't go to college so he's making up for it by playing professor on television?

PLAYBOY: What's your biggest complaint about him?

SAVAGE: That he's ****ing stupid. That's all. Other than that, nothing.

But there was plenty of contempt for his fellow talkers to go around. Take his comments on Bill O'Reilly:

I think O'Reilly is a phony. He has a background in entertainment. He's very smart. He has a good education and I give him that. He does a good job in his delivery, but he is very one-dimensional. It's either black or white with him, and there's no in between. Also, O'Reilly failed at radio, which shows you how hard this is to do.

And here are Savage's thoughts on Rush Limbaugh:

I don't know how Rush Limbaugh has an audience. I just don't know. I don't like anyone who was a water carrier for Bush all those years and now pretends he wasn't. I know he was deeply enmeshed in the Republican Party and George Bush. I mean, he has a right to do that, but don't pretend you're not a mouthpiece for them.

hcap
07-28-2010, 06:29 AM
http://www.bartcop.com/breitbart-desperate.jpg]

Another precise comment

bigmack
07-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Another precise comment
Jon Stewart pretty much sums-up the level of your stupidity.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hdnzvknzqG

JustRalph
07-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Did you ever notice the ones who go after Limbaugh and Beck are always their competitors with lesser careers ?

Same with the Leprechaun

bigmack
07-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Do you actually believe the crap you write? Fox took the tape and played it withour verifying its content. They commented on that tape several times and screamed for the firing of its subject.
Howard Dean continues to lie and mosty, well mosty is just confused.

But if you want to know the ratio of people who died on the Deepwater Horizon to the number of people working on it, he's your man. :rolleyes:

xRmQZ6ybzCw

JustRalph
07-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Dean is an idiot

Tom
07-29-2010, 07:30 AM
Dean is an idiot

Heeeeeyaaaaaaaa! :D

KDwODbl3muE