PDA

View Full Version : Pace Pressure Gauge

raybo
07-15-2010, 06:48 AM
Can someone please post how the "Pace Pressure Gauge" is attained?

JBmadera
07-15-2010, 07:13 AM
here's a link the Randy's site:

http://www.paceappraiser.com/news/site-map/

Dave Schwartz
07-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Raybo,

I would highly recommend purchasing/reading Randy's book. I will occasionally review a book and "like" it, but this one had some ideas that I (personally) really used. It is the only such book I can say that about since I read Steve Fiero's Four Corners of Horse Racing.

I implemented a very similar approach to categorizing speed into our software for filtering "races like this one" and it made a huge difference in performance.

I know you are one of the "good guys" around here, but, IMHO, asking someone to post one of the most important parts of the book is not cool. Unless, of course, you want to ask Randy. He might feel differently.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

raybo
07-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Raybo,

I would highly recommend purchasing/reading Randy's book. I will occasionally review a book and "like" it, but this one had some ideas that I (personally) really used. It is the only such book I can say that about since I read Steve Fiero's Four Corners of Horse Racing.

I implemented a very similar approach to categorizing speed into our software for filtering "races like this one" and it made a huge difference in performance.

I know you are one of the "good guys" around here, but, IMHO, asking someone to post one of the most important parts of the book is not cool. Unless, of course, you want to ask Randy. He might feel differently.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

You're right, of course, I just wasn't thinking, I suppose. I do apologize, to Randy, and anyone else here who spent good money to get the information, from the source.

Thanks for the link to Randy's sight!