PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cheney heart surgery

highnote
07-15-2010, 02:26 AM
I know Dick Cheney gets a lot of criticism, but I no matter what you think of him, I hope he makes it through this tough period of battling heart disease.

It sounds like he is being realistic about his prognosis, though. This pump sounds like it is just a temporary solution -- no more than a couple of years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/14/dick-cheney-heart-surgery_n_646521.html

WASHINGTON — Former Vice President Dick Cheney disclosed Wednesday that he has undergone surgery to install a small pump to help his heart work, as the 69-year-old enters a new phase of what he called "increasing congestive heart failure."

"The operation went very well and I am now recuperating," a still-hospitalized Cheney said in a statement.

The kind of heart pump that Cheney received can be implanted next to the heart to help its main pumping chamber, the left ventricle, pump blood through the body. Such devices are used mainly for short periods, to buy potential transplant candidates time as they await a donor organ.

JustRalph
07-15-2010, 02:50 AM
The Left Wing sites are howling about being on Deathwatch and Rachel Maddow announced on her show (2nd hand info I read on another forum) that Dick Cheney "no longer has a pulse" and discussed the surgery beating his heart for him

BluegrassProf
07-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Dick Cheney "no longer has a pulse" and discussed the surgery beating his heart for himAn interesting side note: Ronald Reagan, being entirely animatronic, did not have an actual pulse (unless you count very weak electromagnetic pulses from various electronic devices, of course, though they were considerably more sporadic than a heartbeat).

The technology was quite ahead of its time, like the other robotic figures on display in Disney's Hall of Presidents - it's widely known that the company constructed Reagan based on similar schematics, so that even during "rest," or when it wasn't speaking to an audience or engaging in a particular activity, it still maintained realistic body movements such as blinking, fidgeting the hands, and moving the head in a lifelike manner. That said, all extraordinary realism aside, how so many in the general public were unaware of his steely undercarriage remains a mystery to this day.

As Robin Williams once said, it was Walt Disney's last great dream: to build a president. Never folks to back down from an enormous, unprecidented challenge, the Imagineers did just that, and animatronic Reagan took office, ultimately becoming a surprisingly popular Commander in Chief. Perhaps it was his cold calculation (or more appropriately, computation); perhaps it was his audience-tested sense of humor...in any case, I'm sure the company today couldn't be prouder of the accomplishment, even despite the software errors that popped up near the end (some blame mischevious Imagineers who would, as a prank, insert into Reagan's central processor various commands pulled from characters in the classic "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride, which ultimately led to serious malfunctions in that processor).

I suppose in this case, instead of Disney, we can sorta thank the medical device manufacturers for building our stronger, faster former VP. Sure, he could probably use some of that jovial Disney humor, but we'll take what we can get.

All the best on the road to recovery, DC. :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
07-15-2010, 03:39 AM
plenty of white going out to dick cheney and his family. i wish him a speedy recovery.

Native Texan III
07-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Suppose the Devil will have to wait a few more years fixing to collect his dues.

46zilzal
07-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Ah KARMA at work

Black Ruby
07-15-2010, 03:19 PM
When he does go, I would like to have film of the Dick showing up at the pearly gates and being told "GFY".

GaryG
07-15-2010, 03:22 PM
When he does go, I would like to have film of the Dick showing up at the pearly gates and being told "GFY".Better chance of that happening to you.

Greyfox
07-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Ah KARMA at work

What sick comment for a former Doctor to make.:ThmbDown:

Get better VP Cheney.

46zilzal
07-15-2010, 04:03 PM
What sick comment for a former Doctor to make.

Get better VP Cheney.
What one responsible for the needless deaths of thousands is to be celebrated? Not anytime....... not ever.

illinoisbred
07-15-2010, 04:07 PM
What one responsible for the needless deaths of thousands is to be celebrated? Not anytime....... not ever.
Since when does the sitting vice president have the constitutional power/authority to send 1 soldier to war?

46zilzal
07-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Since when does the sitting vice president have the constitutional power/authority to send 1 soldier to war?
when they do this...

bigmack
07-15-2010, 04:30 PM
when they do this...
That's quite a brain you've got there

Space Monkey
07-15-2010, 04:44 PM
IMO, the most evil politician in my lifetime.

bigmack
07-15-2010, 05:03 PM
IMO, the most evil politician in my lifetime.
You don't have to bother typing. If we need your 'opinion' we know where to get it.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/7_15_10_14_01_32.jpg

ArlJim78
07-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Dick Cheney 2012
Tanned, Rested, Re-wired

Space Monkey
07-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Big mack, seriously, do you have a life? It seems like you monitor this board 24/7, 365. You're right there within minutes, every time, defending the right with such intelligent responses :rolleyes:.

Mack, would you welcome Dwight Eisenhower into the 2010 Republican Party?

ArlJim78
07-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Sure we'd take Ike. We'd also take JFK who by todays standards would be considered by Democrats as an extreme right wing wacko.

Space Monkey
07-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Sure we'd take Ike. We'd also take JFK who by todays standards would be considered by Democrats as an extreme right wing wacko

Okay, so you agree with Ike's policies and idealogy? I admit, JFK was middle of the road in many ways, but how is he a current day right wing whacko? Please explain.

jamey1977
07-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Okay, so you agree with Ike's policies and idealogy? I admit, JFK was middle of the road in many ways, but how is he a current day right wing whacko? Please explain.
When Good Ole Dick Cheney Gets To The Pearly Gates. Saint Peter Will Be Taking A Long 35 Minute. Dump. LOL. He Will See No One. They'll All Be Taking Dumps. He'd Be Happy In The The Other Place. LOL

bigmack
07-15-2010, 06:47 PM
defending the right with such intelligent responses
Defending the right? :lol: It's more debunking the moronic.

Life? Why sure, it's semi-charmed. I multi-task. While you're posting about Dem's being for BlueCollars :D I've responded, taken care of 2 businesses, watched the news, read 3 newspapers and had a BLT.

Catch-up. It's a fast world.

Space Monkey
07-15-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm so impressed. I was up at 2 this morning. Got home 12 hours later. I haven't stopped until I decided to come here. Managed to put in 3 spot plays. 2 have run. 2nd and a $12 winner. I'm 60 and a fast paced life is my norm. Only 90% of my day is on my feet, not sitting on my ass feeding my face and reading like you seem to do.

Space Monkey
07-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Defending the right? It's more debunking the moronic.

I believe PA, that he personally called me moronic :(

ArlJim78
07-15-2010, 07:16 PM
I had pictured you wearing a red rubber nose, some big floppy shoes, and holding a seltzer bottle.

Greyfox
07-15-2010, 07:17 PM
I believe PA, that he personally called me moronic :(

I didn't see it that way, but "if the shoe fits, wear it."

Space Monkey
07-15-2010, 07:24 PM
2 more classic responses :lol: nothing but meaningless insults. like middle school.

GaryG
07-15-2010, 07:31 PM
2 more classic responses :lol: nothing but meaningless insults. like middle school.You get what you asked for. Try and show some class youself and you may be treated with respect. Until then....

bigmack
07-15-2010, 07:52 PM
up at 2 this morning. Got home 12 hours later. 90% of my day is on my feet,
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42452000/jpg/_42452507_line_203.jpg
Up @ 2 and 90% on your dogs. Huh......

Let me guess, you're a giraffe?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/Gir.gif

Busted on the reading & eating. I have GOT to remind myself to stop doing those things. :rolleyes:

Steve 'StatMan'
07-15-2010, 08:06 PM
When he does go, I would like to have film of the Dick showing up at the pearly gates and being told "GFY".

Good For You :confused: :liar:

Space Monkey
07-15-2010, 08:07 PM

No, just WORKING my business requires me to put in long physical days. Oh, gotta go. I need my 6 hours :sleeping:

cj's dad
07-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Classy responses from the left wing whack jobs here at PA - I hope you all feel the same if BHO has heart/health problems

Tom
07-15-2010, 09:23 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42452000/jpg/_42452507_line_203.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/Gir.gif

Busted on the reading & eating. I have GOT to remind myself to stop doing those things. :rolleyes:

$5 down and we move to Kitty Carlisle.

Mike at A+
07-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Sure we'd take Ike. We'd also take JFK who by todays standards would be considered by Democrats as an extreme right wing wacko.
Amen!

bigmack
07-15-2010, 10:21 PM
$5 down and we move to Kitty Carlisle.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/hart_kitty_carlile.jpg

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2010, 03:17 AM
Big mack, seriously, do you have a life? It seems like you monitor this board 24/7, 365. You're right there within minutes, every time, defending the right with such intelligent responses :rolleyes:.

Mack, would you welcome Dwight Eisenhower into the 2010 Republican Party?Lame ass reply...as usual.

How many times are people going to recycle the tired old "do you have a life" reply?

PhantomOnTour
07-16-2010, 10:40 AM
I didn't get on board with those who were semi celebrating the death of Ted Kennedy and I won't get on board with those who are just waiting for Cheney to pass away....it's sick. Not like the man is Saddam Hussein or Kim Jong despot. HOWEVER, some who were quite unaffected, shall we say, about Sen Kennedy's passing are the same ones who are upset that folks are not the least bit concerned with Cheney's condition....hmmmm.

illinoisbred
07-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Dick Cheney never left a girl for dead in his car at the bottom of a tidal channel and went home before notifying the police.

boxcar
07-16-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm so impressed. I was up at 2 this morning. Got home 12 hours later. I haven't stopped until I decided to come here. Managed to put in 3 spot plays. 2 have run. 2nd and a $12 winner. I'm 60 and a fast paced life is my norm. Only 90% of my day is on my feet, not sitting on my ass feeding my face and reading like you seem to do.

For someone who is on his feet so much, what's your excuse for your ineptness at multi-tasking, i.e. thinking while standing on those tootsies? Maybe you should slow down a bit and worry about feeding your brain and forgo the dumb conjectures about what you think other people do while on their computer.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
07-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Actually most conservatives would put Ike in the same boat as Powell. A rhino who was once a general. Ike was a moderate Republican. I think he was a far better president than most people give him credit for. I have him in my top ten.

Tom
07-16-2010, 12:41 PM
He got us nice roads, that alone was pretty good.

boxcar
07-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Actually most conservatives would put Ike in the same boat as Powell. A rhino who was once a general. Ike was a moderate Republican. I think he was a far better president than most people give him credit for. I have him in my top ten.

The vast majority of politicians today claim the "moderate" label for themselves. Everyone under the sun is a "centrist". Everyone wants to be like everyone else. It's no wonder at all, this country is in dire need of a real leaders.

Boxcar

skate
07-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Suppose the Devil will have to wait a few more years fixing to collect his dues.

I just Love "bigdickCheney", for the enemies he made, which includes your friend beelzebub.

JustRalph
07-16-2010, 03:16 PM
I could never denigrate a man who has given $389 dollars to Charity.

Oh Wait, that was Biden, sorry. Cheney has given 7 million bucks to charity in the last ten years. All from his trust fund that was setup when he ran with Bush. You know, the one he had no control over ?

Just the fact that he shot a lawyer with a shotgun and got away with it.......gives him a plus in my column :lol:

Robert Goren
07-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I could never denigrate a man who has given $389 dollars to Charity.

Oh Wait, that was Biden, sorry. Cheney has given 7 million bucks to charity in the last ten years. All from his trust fund that was setup when he ran with Bush. You know, the one he had no control over ?

Just the fact that he shot a lawyer with a shotgun and got away with it.......gives him a plus in my column :lol:The fact that it was a republician lawyer makes it a double plus.

thaskalos
07-16-2010, 04:05 PM
I have nothing but contempt for all politicians who were hiding, when it was THEIR time to serve their country in the Armed Services...only to rediscover their heroism in advanced middle age...

cj's dad
07-16-2010, 11:02 PM
I have nothing but contempt for all politicians who were hiding, when it was THEIR time to serve their country in the Armed Services...only to rediscover their heroism in advanced middle age...

BTW- it does not include George Bush, but does include Bill Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama.

a list please of those who fit the category other than your democrat friends.

thaskalos
07-16-2010, 11:25 PM
BTW- it does not include George Bush, but does include Bill Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama.

a list please of those who fit the category other than your democrat friends. For a "know-it-all", you seem to have problems comprehending simple messages.

I said "all politicians" that fit the discription.

Unlike you...MY contempt is "bi-partisan".

cj's dad
07-17-2010, 11:47 AM
In my lifetime, there were ONLY 2 Presidents who did not serve in the military - B Hussein Obama mmm mmm mmm and B. J. Clinton.

Sometimes facts are a bitch.

thaskalos
07-17-2010, 01:40 PM
In my lifetime, there were ONLY 2 Presidents who did not serve in the military - B Hussein Obama mmm mmm mmm and B. J. Clinton.

Sometimes facts are a bitch. I was not talking about presidents...I was talking about politicians in general. And this thread has to do with Dick Cheney...does it not?

Would you care to enlighten me about Mr. Cheney's distinguished military record, which, no doubt, prepared him for the "heroism" he displayed as an old man?

I know...I know...Cheney didn't send anybody to war, only the President can do that. And I was born yesterday...

As far as you stating facts...that's a joke - right?

Your opinion is one of the most biased opinions on this board...you wouldn't know a fact if it came up and bit you.

Let me offer an example...

The word "Zenyatturd" was made up by CJ...you know...your "son", as a clever way of teasing the Zenyatta fans. In the many Zenyatta and Rachel threads on this site, this word was thrown around by many Rachel fans...without a word of protest from YOU.

I, one of the biggest Zenyatta fans on this board, used the word ONCE as a joke...and there you come swinging at me...calling by post "classless".

If you are going to play a vocal role in things...learn to be a little more perceptive...

thaskalos
07-17-2010, 04:23 PM

Sometimes facts are a bitch. A couple of more "facts" about Mr. Cheney...

A renowned draft "dodger" during the Vietnam War...he was asked about his lack of military service...in a 1989 interview by the Washington Post, where he was introduced as the next Secretary Of Defense.

In typical "Cheney" fashion, he replied:

"I had other priorities in the 60s than military service".

And how could we forget the TV interview he granted to Charlie Rose, while our country was in the midst of a very unpopular war...

When reminded by Charlie Rose that the majority of the American people had changed their minds...and were very much against the continuation of the war...he gave his famous sarcastic smile and replied:

"So?"

JustRalph
07-17-2010, 05:03 PM
ah yes! A man who stands by his convictions......

I love Dick Cheney.......precisely because he is who he is.

Successful Businessman

Good Secretary of Defense

Telling Pat Leahy to F-Himself on the Senate Floor

Pisses off the Libs to no end (best quality)

The funny part about complaining about those who got out of going to Vietnam is that most of their feelings and reasons have long since been vindicated haven't they? I don't mean draft dodgers (those guys are the ones who ran off to Canada) who left the country etc. I mean the ones who did it legally.

The left loves to rave about what a nightmare Vietnam was (Dem Presidents got us into it and lied about it) and how it was such a waste of life and resources, but they also want to condemn those who were extraordinarily prescient enough to see the light and avoid it. How can you have it both ways? I mean this on a purely philosophical basis of course. I am sure there are some cowards that dodged the draft legally, but were plain cowards and nothing more.....but you have to admit it is an interesting question.

Btw, Dick Cheney doesn't seem to have been a coward about anything in his life so far.......including staring death in the eye since he was 39 yrs old.

Tom
07-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Good post, Ralph. Guess libs go both ways on war.:D

fast4522
07-17-2010, 06:08 PM
To those who wish bad for VP Cheney or any who have served I say you are just the maggots in life looking for a free meal. What we all fail to recognize is these men have to look at things day by day in that days light. Few or none can claim perfection in the intelligence briefings and to actually make tough decisions where leaving things alone or any choice looks preferable. Say what you will about the previous administration, you did not sit in or attend not a one horrific meeting that looked bleak no matter want your decision would be. Personally I wish Mr Cheney well and all the luck in his twilight of life.

Robert Goren
07-17-2010, 07:39 PM
ah yes! A man who stands by his convictions......

I love Dick Cheney.......precisely because he is who he is.

Successful Businessman

Good Secretary of Defense

Telling Pat Leahy to F-Himself on the Senate Floor

Pisses off the Libs to no end (best quality)

The funny part about complaining about those who got out of going to Vietnam is that most of their feelings and reasons have long since been vindicated haven't they? I don't mean draft dodgers (those guys are the ones who ran off to Canada) who left the country etc. I mean the ones who did it legally.

The left loves to rave about what a nightmare Vietnam was (Dem Presidents got us into it and lied about it) and how it was such a waste of life and resources, but they also want to condemn those who were extraordinarily prescient enough to see the light and avoid it. How can you have it both ways? I mean this on a purely philosophical basis of course. I am sure there are some cowards that dodged the draft legally, but were plain cowards and nothing more.....but you have to admit it is an interesting question.

Btw, Dick Cheney doesn't seem to have been a coward about anything in his life so far.......including staring death in the eye since he was 39 yrs old.You forgot the time he called veterans returning the first gulf war with gulf war syndrome fakers.

cj's dad
07-17-2010, 10:37 PM
You forgot the time he called veterans returning the first gulf war with gulf war syndrome fakers.

So he should die right ???

thaskalos
07-17-2010, 10:42 PM
So he should die right ??? No, he shouldn't die...but IMO, it's kinda hard to generate genuine compassion for the man...

cj's dad
07-17-2010, 10:42 PM
I was not talking about presidents...I was talking about politicians in general. And this thread has to do with Dick Cheney...does it not?

Would you care to enlighten me about Mr. Cheney's distinguished military record, which, no doubt, prepared him for the "heroism" he displayed as an old man?

I know...I know...Cheney didn't send anybody to war, only the President can do that. And I was born yesterday...

As far as you stating facts...that's a joke - right?

Your opinion is one of the most biased opinions on this board...you wouldn't know a fact if it came up and bit you.

Let me offer an example...

The word "Zenyatturd" was made up by CJ...you know...your "son", as a clever way of teasing the Zenyatta fans. In the many Zenyatta and Rachel threads on this site, this word was thrown around by many Rachel fans...without a word of protest from YOU.

I, one of the biggest Zenyatta fans on this board, used the word ONCE as a joke...and there you come swinging at me...calling by post "classless".

If you are going to play a vocal role in things...learn to be a little more perceptive...

I doubt that he posted that but just an aside - yes he is my "SON" and I am very proud to say that. If you have a problem with that I will be in Saratoga in the big red festival tent from 8-19 through 8-21 and we can discuss your problem, as in up close and personal.

JustRalph
07-17-2010, 11:50 PM
No, he shouldn't die...but IMO, it's kinda hard to generate genuine compassion for the man...

why not? he has been dealing with heart disease almost his entire adult life. He has excelled at what he has done while suffering from 6 heart attacks since age 38 or something like that.

The guy has given over 10million to charity in the last 25 yrs depending on who you believe. We can verify 7+ million from government records.

He has raised a family and from all accounts has a great wife and family.

You can't find a little compassion for the guy? Just because he popped off once or twice in a way that you didn't like. Btw, he was Sec. of Defense. You think he might not have known something about Gulf War Syndrome that some didn't or don't? In checking I find that Gulf War Syndrome was a much developing long investigated affliction that was eventually recognized by the Government and VA after years of investigation.

Depending on when Cheney made his remark, it may have been the truth or the truth as he knew it at the time. Things change, they develop. Ok, maybe he was a dumbass for saying what he said without more info, but how often has that happen to the best of us. It's called revising and amending remarks..........based on new info. Easy to understand really. I suppose everything you have ever said, based on your own knowledge has been perfectly correct and you never had to adjust your way of thinking ? If so, good for you........you're a better man than me, and Dick Cheney

I have a feeling your lack of compassion is more political bias than anything else.

PhantomOnTour
07-18-2010, 12:03 AM
I doubt that he posted that but just an aside - yes he is my "SON" and I am very proud to say that. If you have a problem with that I will be in Saratoga in the big red festival tent from 8-19 through 8-21 and we can discuss your problem, as in up close and personal.
You are FAR too uptight...put down your boxin gloves tough guy. You ready to fight someone?.... :lol:

Robert Goren
07-18-2010, 12:07 AM
I don't want him to die and never said I did. But that doesn't mean I have one ounce of respect for him outside of the respect I would give any former Vice President. I find it totally reprehensible for a Secretary of defense to publicly disrespect our war veterans, no matter what he might think. But hey, that just me.

PaceAdvantage
07-18-2010, 02:50 AM
When reminded by Charlie Rose that the majority of the American people had changed their minds...and were very much against the continuation of the war...he gave his famous sarcastic smile and replied:

"So?"Ahhhhhh....so THAT'S where Obama gets it from....

PaceAdvantage
07-18-2010, 02:53 AM
[/B]
You are FAR too uptight...put down your boxin gloves tough guy. You ready to fight someone?.... :lol:As we all know, nobody is fighting...so stop the nonsense...

PhantomOnTour
07-18-2010, 07:45 AM
As we all know, nobody is fighting...so stop the nonsense...
The nonsense is telling someone where and when you'll be in case he wants to discuss it 'upclose and personal'. We all know what that means but you respond to my post instead of his...that's predictable since ya'll are friends though.

highnote
07-18-2010, 09:09 AM

Sometimes facts are a bitch.

There are many U.S. presidents who did not serve in the military. It looks like 12 have not served. That's about 25%.

I was quite surprised to find out that our second president, John Adams, did not serve. Neither did his son, John Quincy Adams, the 6th president of the U.S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Presidents_by_military_servi ce

Native Texan III
07-18-2010, 09:20 AM
"The guy has given over 10million to charity in the last 25 yrs depending on who you believe. We can verify 7+ million from government records."

An honorable person gives to charity without the slightest public knowledge of that act or its amount. In Cheyney's case the first question raised is wherever did that money, if any, come from? Secondly is it a charitable act of true compassion, redemption or still deluding that it will please his maker for forgiveness should he ever get there. The man along with his buddy Rumsfeld are both truly evil. Not because they claimed to be Republicans just their actions.

lsbets
07-18-2010, 09:42 AM
An honorable person gives to charity without the slightest public knowledge of that act or its amount.

So I guess you feel that Warrent Buffet and Bil Gates are not honorable?

skate
07-18-2010, 11:44 AM
"The guy has given over 10million to charity in the last 25 yrs depending on who you believe. We can verify 7+ million from government records."

An honorable person gives to charity without the slightest public knowledge of that act or its amount. In Cheyney's case the first question raised is wherever did that money, if any, come from? Secondly is it a charitable act of true compassion, redemption or still deluding that it will please his maker for forgiveness should he ever get there. The man along with his buddy Rumsfeld are both truly evil. Not because they claimed to be Republicans just their actions.

perfect discription of oneself.

thanks

I'm stuck on trying to find out what "the slightest public Knowledge" has to do with Big Dick Cheney.
Was it Big Dick Cheney putting out his charity, his bird hunting, his heart attacks?

Now , How else would we know just about every "Big- Thing" hanging the man has, media maybe? :bang:

PaceAdvantage
07-19-2010, 01:06 AM
The nonsense is telling someone where and when you'll be in case he wants to discuss it 'upclose and personal'. We all know what that means but you respond to my post instead of his...that's predictable since ya'll are friends though.Paranoid too...interesting...

My response had nothing to do with anything other than any such talk is nonsense and we all know these stupid internet squabbles lead to NOTHING but more wasted bandwidth.

Concentrate on writing more productive posts instead of wasting everyone's time with your conspiracy theories as to whose reply I click on...

JustRalph
07-19-2010, 02:16 AM

Cheney's Charitable contributions are part of the public record because he was required by law to release his taxes and income statements. You know, the same laws that compelled Bill Clinton to let everybody know he donated his used underwear and took a $2.50 tax deduction for every pair

You are something........ did you move back to Texas after living in Mass for a hundred years ? You sound like a Kennedy fan..........

JustRalph
07-19-2010, 03:53 AM
The Dem Underground gets called out

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2010/07/18/du-to-dick-cheney-drop-dead/

Here are a few of the more “restrained” reactions:

I hope Dick is in pain and drowning in his own fluids.

don’t worry, he’ll shoot someone in the face and then steal their heart while they are writhing in pain from the buck shot.

I hope he dies a slow death. The amount of pain due that man would be no where close to what he deserves.

I’m not going to feel anything but intense gratitude that this miserable bastard has stepped off this earthly coil! Really! And I’m sure on a much lesser scale when I die, there will probably be some of you right-wing flip tops who will feel the same way—I frankly don’t give a damn!

Cheney is a murderer. He’s a killer. He’s a torturer. He is evil personified! He is a walking mass of horror and when he’s gone, this planet will be cleaner!

Greyfox
07-19-2010, 11:42 PM
VP Cheney is not out of the woods yet.
Apparently he's being given a mechanical pump to assist his heart.
There is considerable risk in the device however without it might be curtains.
The NY Times penned the following article about the pump:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/20/health/20docs.html?_r=1

My prayers are with him.