PDA

View Full Version : HEY "I Get Even", Just Put A Little Mustard and Kraut on Del Mar

sonnyp
07-14-2010, 05:43 PM
saturday, july 10 racing in southern california took place at 2 venues. in the afternoon, hollywood park featured the "hollywood gold cup" and later that evening los alamitos featured a non-wagering event, the 15th annual "wiener national stakes".

hollywood park drew 6,100 fans compared to los al's 8'600.

del mar just needs to give the fans in so. cal. what they want, and i'll have mine with mustard and kraut.

thanks

Igeteven
07-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Saturday, July 10 racing in southern California took place at 2 venues. In the afternoon, Hollywood park featured the "Hollywood gold cup" and later that evening los Alamitos featured a non-wagering event, the 15th annual "wiener national stakes".

Hollywood park drew 6,100 fans compared to los all’s 8'600.

Del mar just needs to give the fans in so. Cal. what they want and I’ll have mine with mustard and kraut.

Thanks

It's very hard to answer your question, so here goes,

Del Mar is an Entertainment center, nothing more; The Del Mar Turf Club has turn into the Del Mar Entertainment Center,

Yes tourists will come for Betting, Hat Contests, Concerts, Wedding, Pony Rides, and The Beach,.

Racing Horses is only part of the nature of fair. We almost forget it's a fair and run by the State Agriculture Commission. Yes the CHRB controls the horse racing.

We must look at the whole picture to make money. Some hard cored people think if they have horse racing, they must be a leader in the game. I consider Del Mar, just like FairPlex, only a fair. If people want to bet a fair, go ahead and have fun.

Too me the serious racing starts at the Spa, Oak Tree, S.A. and Hp

Opening day, the place will be pack with half naked girls showing off their body to impress everyone around them that they have the right stuff.

Again, they don't bet, and the handle goes nowhere, but again Del Mar doesn't care because; they pay for admission and food which is a lot of money.

After the first day, forget it, the crowds are gone and we are back to normal That's during the week, Weekends, the people from out of state show up and pack the place, until they go broke and leave for dinner some else in San Diego. It's a tourist trap please remember that, like the County Fair, Disneyland, Knots Berry Farm, etc.

So that’s how I look at it, I am going on Aug 12, 10, I just am going to have a good time and enjoy myself, however, take a huge bankroll, no way, I will play the spa and wait until Oak Tree opens.