PDA

View Full Version : Now Tioga's webmaster is screwing with me.

RaceTrackDaddy
07-13-2010, 10:52 PM
See attachment. It is a captured picture of my computer screen with the hotlink dislayed in the lower panel which depicts the Contest update of the standings.

Last update was for Sunday, July 11th. The webmaster for whatever reason, uploaded a update from June 12th in which I appear in last place, 30 percent points behind Trackmaster.

If Tioga and Trackmaster care not for me to be in this contest, fine. I can leave in a heart beat.

If they think they can screw with my mind, they are sadly mistaken. The next move is up to Jason S and the Tioga Team to address this bullshit.

Let me assure you it is no mistake. When the most recent posting of standings was there, you had to physically upload the same named file on your server to get it to display June 12th. This is deliberate and is just another one of the drawbacks about dealing with upstate New York tracks.

They screwed with me on the wrong day!

RaceTrackDaddy
07-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Attachment failed to load...how nice.

RaceTrackDaddy
07-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Even after being notified, and sending me a response, the Tioga team fails to address the problem of the current standings on their website. The old data is still posted online as current.

Apparently accountability is some foreign concept to Tioga management.

see attached pic.

harness2008
07-14-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm not being a jerk saying this but I am curious as to why they would intentionally do this to you. Are you being blackballed for some reason? I'm just a guy looking from the outside not a part of the contest but would like more info from your point of view.

RaceTrackDaddy
07-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm not being a jerk saying this but I am curious as to why they would intentionally do this to you. Are you being blackballed for some reason? I'm just a guy looking from the outside not a part of the contest but would like more info from your point of view.

Really have not a clue other than I am outspoken about the conditions in the racing industry today. Also have spoken out against Tracksmaster and their lack of credibility in providing past performance that are accurate.

The response I received today stated that they IT (webmaster people) worked on their site yesterday and that file posted up. I have my own website and have done many things with it. Whenever one posts up a file that will be updated often, you use the same name for it thus less work changing the pages to reflect the new name in the new link so people could access. When one posts (uploads) a file, the server overwrites the old file so that there is only one file with that name otherwise it will screw with the porcess of opening that file.

For them to today post a file that was loaded up a month ago, is totally wrong as that particular file from June 12th has had over 12 rewrites over top. The person who acts as the Webmaster (IT for their terms) has to physically upload an older version on the server in order for it to be displayed.

I wrote them yesterday and they had time to correct it.
http://www.tiogadowns.com/SupportingFiles/documents/selections.pdf

Their file name slections.pdf is still online for dislay to the public.

Add this slap in the face reminding me I was in last place and about 30percent points behind Trackmaster and add to it, the decision to omit one of my winners last our which paid $12 and you have my situation.

Currently I am in second place with a 1.067 ROI and the leader, Trackmaster is at 1.104 roi in 1st. Add that $12 to my bankroll and I would be 1.085. About $20 behind.

Might not be much to mose people but I expect to be treated with fairness. If this contest can not be fair or without sunjected to such childish behavior as leaving false information online for public inspection, how fair or honest is the rest of the Tioga racetrack?

Hope that explains it a little bit more...any questions or comments?
Feel free,,,,my mood is much better today. lol

harness2008
07-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Well, I do understand what you're saying. The fact that a track is overseeing a contest which numerous fans are following, you would think that competent help would be hired to follow through on all of the steps necessary for a smooth error free operation. The unfortunate result of this scenario is that public perception of a track is negative overall, even though only one aspect of the entire organization may be at fault. Thats just human nature unfortunately and should not be construed as a judgement on you personally.

Perhaps you are being singled out because of "rocking the boat" a bit or perhaps there are just people who are employed in that particular department that are just screw-ups.

I would think that by informing some of the executives or racing secretary of your situation would be a start, seeing that there should be some sort of contact information somewhere on the website or in the program.

I am not pro Tioga Downs or against Tioga Downs. I do know as we all know that management is at least attempting to attract more patrons by the reduced take and from what I can see so far it has been a fair success.

I know that it's frustrating but unfortunately you cannot control what you have no control over. All you can do on your end is to question the proper authorities regarding your situation and hopefully someone can give you a straight and honest answer. There are other options out there and you or anyone else are free to take your business elsewhere if thats what it comes down to.

RaceTrackDaddy
07-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Well, I do understand what you're saying. The fact that a track is overseeing a contest which numerous fans are following, you would think that competent help would be hired to follow through on all of the steps necessary for a smooth error free operation. The unfortunate result of this scenario is that public perception of a track is negative overall, even though only one aspect of the entire organization may be at fault. Thats just human nature unfortunately and should not be construed as a judgement on you personally.

Perhaps you are being singled out because of "rocking the boat" a bit or perhaps there are just people who are employed in that particular department that are just screw-ups.

I would think that by informing some of the executives or racing secretary of your situation would be a start, seeing that there should be some sort of contact information somewhere on the website or in the program.

I am not pro Tioga Downs or against Tioga Downs. I do know as we all know that management is at least attempting to attract more patrons by the reduced take and from what I can see so far it has been a fair success.

I know that it's frustrating but unfortunately you cannot control what you have no control over. All you can do on your end is to question the proper authorities regarding your situation and hopefully someone can give you a straight and honest answer. There are other options out there and you or anyone else are free to take your business elsewhere if thats what it comes down to.

I appreciate your candor and time you spent trying to understand the situation. Sometimes I get over worked up about things. I will try to let it bounce off my back and use whatever energy that things like this to be channeled into the contest. With about a little less than two months, might be only 24 or less days left in the contest, I should do my best to win it. Overcome any obstacle that does come.

I have to admit, my picks over the last 12 days (even without the $12 winner added in) have risen my Cummulative ROI greatly to put me in the pocket in this race. Attached is my chart of the last 12 days of roi levels for each contestants plus the Morning Line picks. Hope the streak continues.

Thanks again.