PDA

View Full Version : Question re online wagering From NJ

rwryley
07-13-2010, 06:41 PM
I live in Jersey and have a www.4njbets.com account. However I travel and live in Florida about 5 months a year. As I understand it I can't bet from NJ anywhere on line except at 4.njbets.com.

However, when I am out of the state I am not supposed to placed bets at 4njbets.com from outside New Jersey.

Are there any sites like Twinspires or others that a Jersey resident can use when they are out of state?

mannyberrios
07-13-2010, 09:10 PM
:1: Yes, as I understand it There are quite a few ADWs that you can join while you are in Fla. Take advantage of it. Horseplayers Bet, TS.,and more. Good luck

toddbowker
07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
An ADW (operating properly) will require some proof of your actually living at the Florida address before allowing you to have an account.

Typically when you sign up with an ADW, the address you submit will be checked by one of the ID verification services (Equifax, Lexis/Nexis, etc). If your Florida address is not part of your credit file anywhere, your account sign-up will likely be rejected.

If you are rejected, in most cases you will be asked to contact the customer service office to resolve the issue. The customer service office will ask that you provide some proof of residency. Depending on its requirements, you could be asked to provide something like a copy of your driver's license, or a utility bill in your name at the address you are trying to use. As long as you can provide what they require, they will manually open the account for you.

Robert Goren
07-14-2010, 04:21 PM
I can not imagine anyone leaving the wonderful state of NJ to spend 5 months in Florida.:rolleyes: