PDA

View Full Version : New music service: Wolfgangsvault

DJofSD
07-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Or at least new to me.

I have a SONOS music system and I received a notification of this new service and the way to access it from the SONOS system (it was basically already there -- surprise -- but you have to add some sign on information in order to receive the stream). You can find it here (http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/) .

It's all live stuff. See the home page for a list. Some of it is premium which means you can't listen to a Stone's 1973 concert. Right now I'm listening to some of the Count's work from 1959.

Check it out.

P.S. oops -- I had to look for The Rolling Stones -- a nice list from the 70's to the late 80's.

BillW
07-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Or at least new to me.

I have a SONOS music system and I received a notification of this new service and the way to access it from the SONOS system (it was basically already there -- surprise -- but you have to add some sign on information in order to receive the stream). .

Thanks for the heads up. How did you receive notification? e-mail?

I see it's now available under "more music", but this is the first I've heard of it.

DJofSD
07-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Yes, by email.

http://www.sonos.com/music/partners/wolfgangsvault/default.aspx?rdr=true&LangType=1033&utm_source=2010wv-USc&utm_medium=email&utm_content=learn-USc&utm_campaign=2010+WolfgangsVault+Email

bigmack
07-13-2010, 06:38 PM
'Twas voted best app for Iphone last year. Named for music giant Bill Graham who was born, Wolodia "Wolfgang" Grajonca. Most of it is from his private collection.

Much obliged for calling it back to attention, DJ. :ThmbUp:

My socks have been rolling up & down to the live performance of Bitches Brew from 1970 @ Tanglewood.

Darn shame it involved such hack musicians: :D

Miles Davis - trumpet
Gary Bartz - soprano and alto sax
Chick Corea - electric piano
Keith Jarrett - organ, electric piano
Dave Holland - electric and acoustic bass
Jack DeJohnette - drums
Airto Moriera - percussion

DJofSD
07-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks, Mack. I'll listen to that Miles concert later tonight.

I can tell I'm going to burn through the max hours for the intro subscription before the week is out.

BillW
07-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Much obliged for calling it back to attention, DJ. :ThmbUp:

I'll drink to that!

My socks have been rolling up & down to the live performance of Bitches Brew from 1970 @ Tanglewood.

Darn shame it involved such hack musicians: :D

Miles Davis - trumpet
Gary Bartz - soprano and alto sax
Chick Corea - electric piano
Keith Jarrett - organ, electric piano
Dave Holland - electric and acoustic bass
Jack DeJohnette - drums
Airto Moriera - percussion

Thanks mackie, I'll check it out tonite!