PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Tracks California

Sericm
07-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Why can't the racing powers in California understand that they were sold a bill of goods by Shapiro and the CHRB years ago? The artificial tracks have killed So. Cal. racing. I know their are other ills, but this is about 75% of why the racing has gone down hill in this state.

Nobody want's to bet this crap.
The trainers don't like it.
Owners of out of state horses don't want to race here.

Get rid of polytracks,cushion tracks, pro ride and tapeta, PLEASE.
Go back to DIRT!

andymays
07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Why can't the racing powers in California understand that they were sold a bill of goods by Shapiro and the CHRB years ago? The artificial tracks have killed So. Cal. racing. I know their are other ills, but this is about 75% of why the racing has gone down hill in this state.

Go back to DIRT!

They don't have the money to switch back. If they had it to do over again they would have put the synthetic in one track and new dirt surfaces with new bases at the others.

The big egos who always think they know what's best for us but rarely do also thought every track in the country would be synthetic by now with Polytrack/Monmouth/Martin Collings International leading the way. They were seeing dollar signs in their dreams.

Stillriledup
07-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Amen.

PaceAdvantage
07-14-2010, 12:24 AM

Go back to DIRT!There are 1,000,000,000 threads already in existence pertaining to this topic, many of them quite recent...why you felt the need to start an entirely new thread just to state what has already been stated 999,999,999 times is nothing short of amusing.