PDA

View Full Version : Who tests methods or systems?

dav4463
07-13-2010, 02:43 AM
If I want to know how my paper and pencil method does by race type/track/field size, etc.....is there anyone who tests this sort of thing? How much does it cost?

Handiman
07-13-2010, 03:33 PM
First of all, I would think your method would need to be computerized so a lot of races could be done in a much shorter time than by hand.

Then it depends on how big a sample size you want run to generate the figures needed.

How much that would cost would depend on who was willing to do it. There isn't anyone that I know of off hand that does what your are asking based on the starting point you have mentioned.

Handi:)

trying2win
07-13-2010, 08:46 PM
If I want to know how my paper and pencil method does by race type/track/field size, etc.....is there anyone who tests this sort of thing? How much does it cost?

You might try sending a PM to BARRY MEADOW or LEN CZ. They are both PA members. If I remember correctly, Barry would 'farm out' systems to some computer expert to check out. This expert would then test a system over 'x' amount of races, then give the results of his findings to Barry for inclusion in his MEADOW'S RACING MONTHLY. Len Czyzniejewski (LEN CZ) once authorized a book named 'THE TOP 52'. It was a review of 52 popular systems that were out on the market a few years ago. Len tested these systems, and listed the win percentages and ROI etc. for each system.

T2W
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
~"It is good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good too, to check up once in a while and make sure you haven't lost the things money can't buy."

--George Lorimer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave Schwartz
07-13-2010, 11:01 PM
I will quote you a price for cost of writing the code to search within my database.

PM me if you are interested.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

kingfin66
07-13-2010, 11:12 PM
HTR may be the way to go.