PDA

View Full Version : NAACP Set to Condemn Racist Elements of Tea Party!

andymays
07-12-2010, 04:33 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/naacp-tea-party-civil-rights-group-considers-resolution/story?id=11144640

Excerpt:

First Lady Michelle Obama brought renewed energy to the NAACP today, delivering the keynote speech at the annual convention one day before the nation's largest civil rights group is expected to condemn what it calls racist elements in the Tea Party movement.

The nation's largest and oldest civil rights organization will vote on the resolution Tuesday during its annual convention in Kansas City, Mo. In addition to jobs and the economy, anti-Tea Party activism has been a large focus of the gathering, which conservative leaders say is driven solely by a political agenda.

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2010, 05:23 PM
An organization about as relevant as Jesse Jackson himself? I wouldn't expect anything less from them....

Canadian
07-12-2010, 05:28 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/naacp-tea-party-civil-rights-group-considers-resolution/story?id=11144640

Excerpt:

First Lady Michelle Obama brought renewed energy to the NAACP today, delivering the keynote speech at the annual convention one day before the nation's largest civil rights group is expected to condemn what it calls racist elements in the Tea Party movement.

The nation's largest and oldest civil rights organization will vote on the resolution Tuesday during its annual convention in Kansas City, Mo. In addition to jobs and the economy, anti-Tea Party activism has been a large focus of the gathering, which conservative leaders say is driven solely by a political agenda.

The question is Why don't the tea party people beat her to it?

Of course there are racist elements in the Tea Party. There are nutjobs as well. Absolute loons.

That happens with every new group or mobement.

If they want to get rid of it then the 1st step is to admit it exists.

andymays
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM

Of course there are racist elements in the Tea Party. There are nutjobs as well. Absolute loons.

What about the old groups or movements like the NAACP?

Are there any nutjobs or absolute loons in their group?

When was the last time they admitted racism existed in their group?

boxcar
07-12-2010, 05:39 PM

Are there "racist elements" in the NAACP?

Boxcar

ArlJim78
07-12-2010, 06:07 PM
charges of racism in the tea party? what a shocker. I hope people aren't buying this baloney anymore.

newtothegame
07-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Of course they want to label the tea party as racist.....

It will detract in their minds from what is really going on...

DOJ refusal to prosecute KNOWN racist breaking civil rights laws...

Byrd dies....and you barely hear a peep about the racist SOB he was....

Remember how long the HARVARD professor stuff was in the news????

You've heard more about Mel Gibson's racist tirade in the MM (which really only shows him to be a racist pig)....then you've heard about Voters rights being obstructed by racism.....

And how about the ruling that shabazz...(new black panthers) has to stay away from PA polling booths until...you guessed it...2012....

lol

Dave Schwartz
07-12-2010, 06:49 PM
NAACP Set to Condemn Racist Elements of Tea Party!

Of course they did.

Anyone that disagrees with anything that Obama says or does must be racist.

After all, Obama could never do anything wrong.

Tom
07-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Is there more racist organization than the NAACP? Other than the Black Panthers.

Still using the term "colored people."
heh, heh, hehe......what a bunch of loonies.

Canadian
07-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Are there "racist elements" in the NAACP?

Boxcar

Of course. Every group of anything has their bad parts.

GameTheory
07-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Of course. Every group of anything has their bad parts.But the charge of racism against the tea party movement was completely made up out of thin air. The tea party was branded as racist before it even existed because those who opposed Obama ever were accused of racism simply for opposing Obama and for no other reason. It is a charge on the order of "when did you stop beating your wife?"

It is like calling you racist for no reason whatsoever, and then badgering you over & over & over, "well, admit it -- you've had a racist thought sometime in your life -- right? right? RACIST!"

Totally absurd, and 100% political.

andymays
07-12-2010, 09:24 PM
But the charge of racism against the tea party movement was completely made up out of thin air. The tea party was branded as racist before it even existed because those who opposed Obama ever were accused of racism simply for opposing Obama and for no other reason. It is a charge on the order of "when did you stop beating your wife?"

It is like calling you racist for no reason whatsoever, and then badgering you over & over & over, "well, admit it -- you've had a racist thought sometime in your life -- right? right? RACIST!"

Totally absurd, and 100% political.

It's all Alinsky stuff. When you're doing something and you get caught doing it just accuse the other side of doing the same thing. They've been doing it for decades.

Floyd
07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
It's all Alinsky stuff. When you're doing something and you get caught doing it just accuse the other side of doing the same thing. They've been doing it for decades.

Exactly. Yet why won't the Tea Party distance themselves from its racist elements? It would be easy enough, yet they seem unwilling. Why is that?

toetoe
07-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Exactly. Yet why won't the Tea Party distance themselves from its racist elements? It would be easy enough, yet they seem unwilling. Why is that?

The Obamunists refuse to condemn and/or prosecute the Chris Rock soundalike Ramos Fizz Shabazz Shaka Zulu for urging his brethren to "kill dey [white folks'] babies." I guess scolds that are colored people are capable of neither racism nor inciting folks to violence (it used to be illegal, you know ... :eek: ), and therefore permanently entrenched on higher moral ground. Scolds like me are just racists. :jump: .

ArlJim78
07-12-2010, 10:06 PM
what racist elements? all year we have been asking for people to explain what they are talking about when they make these kinds of statements. so far everyone has failed to produce anything suggesting racism.

Floyd
07-12-2010, 10:13 PM
The Obamunists refuse to condemn and/or prosecute the Chris Rock soundalike Ramos Fizz Shabazz Shaka Zulu for urging his brethren to "kill dey [white folks'] babies." I guess scolds that are colored people are capable of neither racism nor inciting folks to violence (it used to be illegal, you know ... :eek: ), and therefore permanently entrenched on higher moral ground. Scolds like me are just racists. :jump: .

What? Who is Ramos Fizz Shabazz Shaka Zulu? :confused: :confused: You just made him up just now, didn't you. You made up a racist caricature of a black man to try to prove that you're not racist. :eek: :eek:
Unbelievable. :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Exactly. Yet why won't the Tea Party distance themselves from its racist elements? It would be easy enough, yet they seem unwilling. Why is that?Evidence?

Floyd
07-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Evidence?
Show me one instance where the Tea Party has distanced itself from its racist elements. Just one. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Boris
07-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Kinda like Obama showing his birth certificate, or his grades, or his _________...

Floyd
07-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Kinda like Obama showing his birth certificate, or his grades, or his _________...
Exactly. Why is it so hard for the Tea Partiers to say: "We're not racists, we just don't like the fact that a black president lowered our taxes." :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigmack
07-12-2010, 10:35 PM
You made up a racist caricature of a black man to try to prove that you're not racist.
:lol: Get a load of this race baiter.

Dig the hypocrisy of Floydo.

Health care is a personal and complex responsibility whereby everyone has different needs. Why should I pay to take care of my family and also help pay to care for someone else's PERSONAL needs? When I assume personal responsibility for my family's care, how does this translate into taking on the responsibility for everyone else's? What have they ever done for me? The "Robin Hood" syndrome, while having a nice romantic ring to it, is highly immoral. This is thievery. Plain and simple
The extreme right-wing on this board would rather see 99 people starve than have one person get an extra french fry.

ArlJim78
07-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Show me one instance where the Tea Party has distanced itself from its racist elements. Just one. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tea party leaders deny that the movement is racist and said the resolution is unfair.

“I just don’t see racism in the tea party movement,” said Brendan Steinhauser, director of campaigns for FreedomWorks, which organizes tea party groups. “Racism is something we’re absolutely opposed to.”

from todays news

Floyd
07-12-2010, 10:39 PM
:lol: Get a load of this race baiter.

Dig the hypocrisy of Floydo.

See? That's before I discovered the beauty of emoticons! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :) :)

(Oh, and the "o" is superfluous.) ;) ;) ;) ;) :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Floyd
07-12-2010, 10:41 PM
from todays news

FINALLY!!
What took them so long??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :faint:

ArlJim78
07-12-2010, 10:51 PM
FINALLY!!
What took them so long??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :faint:
it didn't take them so long, its been like that from day one. i can find numerous examples of the same if I wanted to take the time.

you on the other hand have still not produced anything that demonstrates that there is a racist element to the tea party. get back to me when you discover it.

otoh, the African American reporter from CNN who covered the tea party express for a week said he didn't detect any racism at any of the events.

riskman
07-12-2010, 10:58 PM

What should they do? Got it ! Rename the movement "The National Association for the Advancement of White People"
Oh ! Can't do that would be racist.
The NAACP exists only to demand benefits for Blacks. The Tea Party welcomes all of any color and creed who want smaller government, less spending, and liberty.
The MSM and ABC are pathetic with their left leaning social agenda.
The NAACP used Michelle Obama [she talked about the issue of childhood obesity and her "Let's Move" initiative] knowing that the NAACP expected to condemn what it calls racist elements in the Tea Party movement. I could be off base here -but if Michelle O. approved of this then she is just as pathetic as the NAACP.

JustRalph
07-12-2010, 11:03 PM

The only racist elements in the Tea party so far have been a few wingnuts carrying racist signs and were asked to leave the rally's

How do you confront that? They did all they had to do ......and btw....at some rally's it was suspected that the guys carrying the racist signs were plants.

Space Monkey
07-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Floyd, whats wrong with you? Don't you know that there are no racists in the Tea Party? Don't you know that Bush kept us safe for 8 years? Don't you know that starting 2 wars of choice and putting them on the credit card didn't hurt our economy? Don't you know that Sadamm had weapons of mass destruction even though Bush said he didn't? Don't you know that Clinton's balanced budget was a fraud? Don't you know that Obama is a Muslim? Don't you know that Obama and Holder are the REAL racists? Don't you know that Palin, Bachman, and Virginia Fox, are really Rhodes Scholars in disguise? Don't you know that Joe Brown isn't a racist? Don't you know that Fox News is fair and balanced :lol:

Don't waste your time here Floyd. You're up against an army of political morons.

bigmack
07-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Don't you know that Joe Brown isn't a racist?
Don't waste your time here Floyd. You're up against an army of political morons.
Who's Joe Brown, Einstein?

ArlJim78
07-13-2010, 08:31 PM
space monkey we've missed your cogent, well reasoned arguments like this one.

Tom
07-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Space Monkey and Floyd uniting.
Evolution is in trouble.

newtothegame
07-13-2010, 11:04 PM
By far the best looking Monkey on that screen is your avatar Tom :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
07-14-2010, 02:59 AM
Show me one instance where the Tea Party has distanced itself from its racist elements. Just one. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:I don't know what you mean by racist elements. That's the evidence I was asking for. But then again, you knew that...

Something tells me that if you could, you'd post some pictures... :lol:

PaceAdvantage
07-14-2010, 03:03 AM
Floyd, whats wrong with you? Don't you know that there are no racists in the Tea Party? Don't you know that Bush kept us safe for 8 years? Don't you know that starting 2 wars of choice and putting them on the credit card didn't hurt our economy? Don't you know that Sadamm had weapons of mass destruction even though Bush said he didn't? Don't you know that Clinton's balanced budget was a fraud? Don't you know that Obama is a Muslim? Don't you know that Obama and Holder are the REAL racists? Don't you know that Palin, Bachman, and Virginia Fox, are really Rhodes Scholars in disguise? Don't you know that Joe Brown isn't a racist? Don't you know that Fox News is fair and balanced :lol:

Don't waste your time here Floyd. You're up against an army of political morons.Again with the name calling. Something tells me you might be joining Floyd soon in off-topic exile.

The true, ultimate party of racists is the Democratic Party. They THRIVE on it...they LIVE off of it...if racism were to disappear, the party of Democrats would wither and DIE. Their major source of funding would DISAPPEAR overnight.

That's why racism will never be eradicated as long as their is a democratic party in existence. The Dems simply won't allow it...

andymays
07-14-2010, 10:21 AM
The National Association for the Advancement of Coddled People
http://michellemalkin.com/2010/07/14/the-national-association-for-the-advancement-of-coddled-people/

Excerpt:

My column blasts the desperate, Tea Party-bashing demagogues of the NAACP. In new developments, the Sacramento chapter of the NAACP is crusading to turn Michael Jackson’s Neverland into a state park. The St. Louis NAACP official who called SEIU beating victim Kenneth Gladney an “Uncle Tom” reiterated and defended the slur last night on Fox News. And the NAACP and all the other old, usual suspects of the far Left are trying to recreate the Tea Party movement with a top-down coalition called “One Nation.”

Imitation is the best form of flattery…
The National Association for the Advancement of Coddled Peopleby Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
Copyright 2010

Before the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People decided to ride the anti-tea party wave back to political relevancy, its most recent activist crusade involved a silly space-themed Hallmark graduation card. Yes, the NAACP has been lost in space for quite some time now. And blaming whitey will no longer cut it.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/07/14/the-national-association-for-the-advancement-of-coddled-people/

Space Monkey
07-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Joe Wilson, not Brown, my bad.

Name calling? I'm trashed all over this board for my political views and nobody else gets called out. I never insulted anybody by name. I don't get it. Are you censoring political opinions?

Floyd, whats wrong with you? Don't you know that there are no racists in the Tea Party? Don't you know that Bush kept us safe for 8 years? Don't you know that starting 2 wars of choice and putting them on the credit card didn't hurt our economy? Don't you know that Sadamm had weapons of mass destruction even though Bush said he didn't? Don't you know that Clinton's balanced budget was a fraud? Don't you know that Obama is a Muslim? Don't you know that Obama and Holder are the REAL racists? Don't you know that Palin, Bachman, and Virginia Fox, are really Rhodes Scholars in disguise? Don't you know that Joe Brown isn't a racist? Don't you know that Fox News is fair and balanced

Where am I out of line? Calling people here in general "political morons" is tame compared to the degrading comments directed at me even in the sports forum.

So Floyd isn't allowed here anymore?

bigmack
07-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Can you give us proof that Joe Wilson is a racist? :confused:

Mike at A+
07-14-2010, 07:20 PM
This is right out of the Saul Alinsky playbook. But in reality, I think the whole world knows that percentagewise, there are many more racists in the NAACP than there are in the Tea Party. While the Tea Party is largely white, they are basically middle aged, middle class people who are fed up with their tax dollars going to giveaway programs that have become the main source of income for people who have screwed up in life and are bringing up their children (many times fathered by multiple partners) being groomed in the same entitlement metholodogy. These are the people who should be doing the jobs that the illegals come here for instead of sitting on their butts waiting for the check to arrive.

In any event, the NAACP has become irrelevant. Overplaying the race card gets old real fast. It's time to move on and grow up.

newtothegame
07-14-2010, 07:23 PM

Name calling? I'm trashed all over this board for my political views and nobody else gets called out. I never insulted anybody by name. I don't get it. Are you censoring political opinions?

Where am I out of line? Calling people here in general "political morons" is tame compared to the degrading comments directed at me even in the sports forum.

So Floyd isn't allowed here anymore?

Nice how you conveniently left out the part where you called us "morons"....
lol but nice try mister liberal...it fits the mold of liberals

PaceAdvantage
07-14-2010, 11:05 PM
So Floyd isn't allowed here anymore?Floyd is free to post anywhere but off topic at the moment.

It was painfully obvious he wanted no part of any kind of give and take discourse. His mind is made up and that's that...plus he was insulting...and spammish....how many times can you post the same thing in the same thread?

bigmack
07-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Just a few well written articles in the last couple o' days.

Let's go to the headlines:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/693-1.jpg
http://biggovernment.com/

Space Monkey
07-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Can you give us proof that Joe Wilson is a racist?

One of the reasons I haven't bothered with this forum for awhile is because whenever I quote an article its debunked as a "liberal" rag. Whenever I ask tough questions, I get dodgeball. The far right knows very little about truth. It's all about Fox, Limbaugh, Beck, etc. I'm sure you will debunk this too. It took me 1 minute to find it. I can dig up more. But why?

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/obama-heckler-joe-wilson-member-neo

I know, the Sons of the Confederates is just a bunch of good ole boys that love the South and every one of them has many friends of color :lol:

Space Monkey
07-15-2010, 07:49 PM
I think the whole world knows that percentagewise, there are many more racists in the NAACP than there are in the Tea Party. While the Tea Party is largely white, they are basically middle aged, middle class people who are fed up with their tax dollars going to giveaway programs that have become the main source of income for people who have screwed up in life and are bringing up their children (many times fathered by multiple partners) being groomed in the same entitlement metholodogy.

Racism is everywhere, certainly in both the organizations you mention. But I don't think you can put a number to it. The NAACP has for decades tried to just get equal rights for their membership. To much of White America, thats reverse racism. It isn't. Joe Wilson's historic, blatant disrespect of our President on the floor of Congress, coupled with his documented past, tells me he's a racist. It's funny that you say we should move on from this topic. I'm NOT saying that you're racist, but it is something that a racist would say.

Sure there are people that will use the system. It doesn't matter what party is in power. To turn your back on Americans that truly need help, just because some earn benefits illegally, is heartless. I liken it to the current debate over extending unemployment benefits. Do you actually believe that most of the people that are collecting are happy with their $200-300 a week? The Republicans have filibustered the bill on the grounds that we can't afford it. But it's OK to keep the Bush tax cuts in place. It's OK to give the top 2% a huge tax break, but its not Ok to continue unemployment benefits for so many families that are victims of our insane trade policies and 30 years of Reaganomics?

Tom
07-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Baloney.
No one is opposing the unemployment - they only asking that they be paid by cuts elsewhere. Why are you not asking dems to cut out some needless pork to get money to these people? Try looking a little deeper.

the Bush tax cuts - they are a GOOD thing, and they benefit EVERYONE. I bet you drank the Kool Aid about them being tax cuts only for the rich,, didn't you?

Mike at A+
07-15-2010, 09:43 PM
At the next Tea Party gathering they should produce a video of a white person saying the following:

"I hate black people. Not ALL black people. Just the ones who want to kill white cracker babies".

This entire fabrication by the NAACP of racism in the Tea Party is laughable. Pictures of Obama next to pictures of Hitler is NOT racism. Depicting Obama as The Joker is NOT racism. Shouting "kill the bill" at black Congressmen is NOT racism. Being white and dissatisfied with this administration is NOT racism. Playing the race card time after time after time IS racism and it's very obvious. Are there SOME racists in the Tea Party? I suppose so. But nowhere near the percent of racists in the NAACP or the New Black Panthers. Trying to get any Democrat to condemn the "kill white babies" statement is like pulling teeth. It's almost like they don't want to offend the black racists who applaud those words. The Tea Party is not a centralized organization that had one governing body. It's a grass roots movement of Americans in all parts of the country gathering independently in various places to voice their concerns about a government drunk on spending our kids and grandkids into a life of crippling debt. Sure it's supported by some big names like Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck and Michele Bachman. And none of these popular figures hold racist beliefs. Trying to get some perceived Tea Party "big wig" to go public with a statement condemning racism within their ranks is nothing but a publicity stunt and a futile attempt to get people to admit guilt that simply isn't there. It's a trap and I hope none of the big names fall for it.

ArlJim78
07-15-2010, 09:52 PM
well said Mike :ThmbUp:

Mike at A+
07-15-2010, 09:56 PM
.Joe Wilson's historic, blatant disrespect of our President on the floor of Congress, coupled with his documented past, tells me he's a racist.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Joe Winson simply utter the words "You lie"? If that's racism in your book, I don't see the logic. It could be construed as disrespect. Or simply disagreement to what Obama was saying which by the way WAS technically proven to be a falsehood. How do you feel about the Democratic Senators and Congressmen turning their backs to George W. Bush during his inauguration? Is that racism too? Disrespect? How about all the signs that actually encouraged the assassination of Bush? I don't see any Tea Party members doing that. Do you? You just can't cry "racism" because someone disagrees with a president who happens to be (half) black.

By the way, "Space Monkey" is an awesome beer brewed here in PA at Bethlehem Brew Works.

http://www.beermenus.com/beers/brew-works-space-monkey/photos/14871

Tom
07-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Joe Winson simply utter the words "You lie"? If that's racism in your book, I don't see the logic.I think that book might be a Coloring Book! :lol:

bigmack
07-15-2010, 10:11 PM
It's funny that you say we should move on from this topic. I'm NOT saying that you're racist, but it is something that a racist would say.
What a pompous goof you are.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/7_15_10_19_08_18.jpg

Mike at A+
07-15-2010, 10:24 PM

It's funny that you say we should move on from this topic. I'm NOT saying that you're racist, but it is something that a racist would say.

What I said we should move on from is "overplaying the race card". It serves no purpose to paint an entire organization with one broad brush. And it's especially childish when they claim that the N-word was used against black Congressmen when Andrew Breitbart offered $100,000 to anyone who had video proving it. Nowadays when every cell phone is a camera, you would think that someone would come forward with the proof and collect a handsome bounty. But the silence is deafening. It's like going to Yankee Stadium and claiming that you heard someone in the stands use a racial invective against an opposing player and then calling all Yankee fans racists or all New Yorkers racist.

We need to stick to the real issues that are affecting our country, our economy and our strength as a nation, not schooyard nonsense.

wes
07-15-2010, 10:41 PM
I like to think the Tea Party are those made up of people who do not belong to the NAACP, KKK and the Black Panthers. Each of the three listed follow their own racist ways.

wes

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2010, 03:26 AM
Joe Wilson's historic, blatant disrespect of our President on the floor of Congress, coupled with his documented past, tells me he's a racist.Your comments are so very wrong. Historic? HISTORIC?

Where were you when this went down...historic my ass:

RBxmEGG71PM

toetoe
07-16-2010, 06:11 PM

Wonderfully, obamunistically false dichotomy. If you don't distance yourself from the Racebaiter-in-Chief, Harry Reid-My-Lips, Nancy Lugosi and Cindy Sheehan, you yourself will be outed as a babykilling childtoucher.

As a practiced intimidator, you should expect to be recruited by the New Anti-Cracker Baby League for polling place duty.

Identifying my racism would not end the discussion for a real debater. However, for an Obamunist with no rhetorical chops, a ratiocination-challenged demagogue, the only entry in the playbook reads, "You're a racist. The debate is over." :bang: .

boxcar
07-16-2010, 06:23 PM

The "why", Mr. Floyd, lies with your irrational, illogical absurd question. I have a much better question for you, sir: Why do you expect someone to prove a negative? :bang: :bang: This would be analogous to a prosecuting attorney asking the defendant to prove he didn't commit the crime! :bang:

The burden of proof is upon you and all the other Kool-Aid gulpers to prove the positive, i.e. that the Tea Party has aligned itself with racist elements.

Boxcar
P.S. Do yourself a huge favor and get your tummy pumped because all the KA has obviously affected your brain.

Space Monkey
07-16-2010, 07:15 PM
I knew Confederate Flag Gary would come by after I brought up Joe Wilson and the Sons of the Confederates. :lol: . Sir, respect is earned and mutual. I could give a rats ass if someone I dislike respects me or not.

Mike, I brought up the racist element in the Tea Party a long time ago. I am not painting the Tea Party as racist. I said that the racist among us are flocking to the Tea Party and the GOP in general. I stand by that statement. I realize that I am the demographic of the average TP member. I just don't agree with their platform. Do they have a platform? Michelle Bachman just filed for caucus rights for the TP. There you go. Sara and Michelle for 2012. Go for it!

I'll look for the Space Monkey brew at Total Wine. They have hundreds of micro brews.

PA, Bush earned our disdain for his runaway spending and lying to the American public to get us into the war in Iraq. I have never in my life seen such a hate campaign against a President from Day 1 as there has been for Obama. But the right is in denial. I've been down this road before here. it's all Clinton's fault, Carters fault, etc. Spin it any way you want, but its been 30 years of Reagonomics that has driven this country into the ground. Clinton drank the kool aid too, but at least he balance dthe budget. It happens when the top tax rate is raised. Bush tax cuts and 2 wars on the credit card broke this country. Clinton's signing of NAFTA put the nail in the coffin for American jobs. I just can't understand why all you right wingers want to return to the policies that caused this mess.

Nice graphics and funny put downs mocking me. Glad to see that the middle school mentality is still prevelant here.

Space Monkey
07-16-2010, 07:24 PM
the Bush tax cuts - they are a GOOD thing, and they benefit EVERYONE. I bet you drank the Kool Aid about them being tax cuts only for the rich,, didn't you?

No Tom, My wife and I are probably going to see our taxes go up around $1,500 if they expire. Marco Rubio's tax plan to eliminate capital gains and estate taxes would also benefit us greatly as I can see us having to pay them within 3-7 years. But if I'm going to support raising taxes on the top income earners, I have to accept an increase too. I'm fine with that. I'll survive. Thats the difference between me and the Tea Party. I'm willing to pay my fair share as long as the big guys do too.

BTW, I'm voting for Charlie Crist.

Space Monkey
07-16-2010, 07:27 PM
The burden of proof is upon you and all the other Kool-Aid gulpers to prove the positive, i.e. that the Tea Party has aligned itself with racist elements.

No boxcar, its the other way around. Racists have aligned themselves with the Tea Party. The TP needs to disassociate themselves from this element. From what I've seen lately they are trying.

BTW, when did you come up with that avatar? The day after his inaugeration?

mostpost
07-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Floyd is free to post anywhere but off topic at the moment.

It was painfully obvious he wanted no part of any kind of give and take discourse. His mind is made up and that's that...plus he was insulting...and spammish....how many times can you post the same thing in the same thread?

Understand, I have no compaints about the moderator. I've seen PA chastise the Cons and the Libs alike. Recently he took Bigmack to task for calling me lilliputian, a remark that did not bother me. You see, I realized that Big was complimenting me. The lilliputians were tiny people who by intelligence and guile were able to defeat a much larger foe. Similarly I am a minority here who is able to defeat a much larger foe. Thanx Mack.
I went back and looked at a lot of Floyd's posts. He's sarcastic, but no more so than CJ's Dad. He's insulting, but much less so than Boxcar. He does post the same thing often, but not nearly as much as Tom. He uses a lot of emoticons. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: , but not nearly as many as......uh....never mind.

Overall I have seen no more from Floyd that would warrant exile than from others. The important thing is IT AIN'T MY BOARD.

Space Monkey
07-16-2010, 07:31 PM
BTW, for anyone that doesn't know me or for those close minded righties, I'm NOT an Obamaite. I did vote for him, but I'm not happy with how he's governed. I recently rated him fair or poor on every question on a survey I recently received from the DNC. I'm also an Independent. I have alot of trouble here because the close minded, extreme righties that dominate this board, can't see a middle ground.

newtothegame
07-16-2010, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=Space Monkey]I knew Confederate Flag Gary would come by after I brought up Joe Wilson and the Sons of the Confederates. :lol: . Sir, respect is earned and mutual. I could give a rats ass if someone I dislike respects me or not.

Mike, I brought up the racist element in the Tea Party a long time ago. I am not painting the Tea Party as racist. I said that the racist among us are flocking to the Tea Party and the GOP in general. I stand by that statement. I realize that I am the demographic of the average TP member. I just don't agree with their platform. Do they have a platform? Michelle Bachman just filed for caucus rights for the TP. There you go. Sara and Michelle for 2012. Go for it!

I'll look for the Space Monkey brew at Total Wine. They have hundreds of micro brews.

PA, Bush earned our disdain for his runaway spending and lying to the American public to get us into the war in Iraq. I have never in my life seen such a hate campaign against a President from Day 1 as there has been for Obama. But the right is in denial. I've been down this road before here. it's all Clinton's fault, Carters fault, etc. Spin it any way you want, but its been 30 years of Reagonomics that has driven this country into the ground. Clinton drank the kool aid too, but at least he balance dthe budget. It happens when the top tax rate is raised. Bush tax cuts and 2 wars on the credit card broke this country. Clinton's signing of NAFTA put the nail in the coffin for American jobs. I just can't understand why all you right wingers want to return to the policies that caused this mess.

Nice graphics and funny put downs mocking me. Glad to see that the middle school mentality is still prevelant here.[/QUOTE

Speaking of dellusional...hiya monkey!!! Do you ever read what you type???

So Bush earned disdain for runaway spending and lying?? AND YOU LIKE OBAMA???? WTF lol

Clinton and carter??? Do you even read anything here in OT or do you just post without having a clue??

Almost every post or thread dealing with anything political blames BUSH from the left. Hell, even this president you admire blames the previous administration EVERY chance he gets. And the public (minus yoou koolaid drinkers) is tired of it. Believe not?? Look at the polling numbers...they don't lie.

boxcar
07-16-2010, 08:04 PM
BTW, for anyone that doesn't know me or for those close minded righties, I'm NOT an Obamaite. I did vote for him, but I'm not happy with how he's governed. I recently rated him fair or poor on every question on a survey I recently received from the DNC. I'm also an Independent. I have alot of trouble here because the close minded, extreme righties that dominate this board, can't see a middle ground.

Uh....let's see, folks,...methinks we have the proverbial pot calling the "extremist" kettles black, do we not?

Mr. Space Cadet, you say you voted for BO who is actually a left-wing extremist -- yet, you imply that you're a moderate -- a centrist -- someone who always has the middle ground in view? What in the world did you think BO was before you voted him? What were you thinking? :bang: :bang: :bang:

And why are you now so harsh on this man? "Fair" or "poor" is how you have rated him? Better be careful....you're nigh to being labeled a racist by some left winger...if indeed you're not one already. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Mike at A+
07-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Mike, I brought up the racist element in the Tea Party a long time ago. I am not painting the Tea Party as racist. I said that the racist among us are flocking to the Tea Party and the GOP in general.
Do you have any comments about the black racists who flock to the Democratic Party? How about the Democrats who went after Sarah Palin's children with disgusting tenacity? My take on all of this is that the black race baiters see a sea of white at the Tea Party gatherings and automatically assume that it's a racist organization. But given that 90% of blacks vote Dem and that any of the remaining 10% who dare to be seen in the company of the Tea Party are called Uncle Toms, I believe that the race card is being played by the real racists out of desperation. They can't claim any successes in the Obama administration because everything he's done so far has either been behind closed doors and/or has added immensely to the deficit with nothing in return for the spending. The hole was plugged last night after the market closed and today the Dow dropped over 200 points. That alone should tell you something.

JustRalph
07-16-2010, 08:09 PM
BTW, for anyone that doesn't know me or for those close minded righties, I'm NOT an Obamaite. I did vote for him, but I'm not happy with how he's governed.

so you admit, you are a sucker? You fell for it.........

Get in line......you are one of a million fools..........

Now, how does that make me feel about just about anything you pontificate about ? Take a guess

GaryG
07-16-2010, 08:23 PM
It is about time for another one of those sayonara "You won't have this monkey to slap around any more" posts. I think Peter Gabriel had a song about that....

bigmack
07-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Recently he took Bigmack to task for calling me lilliputian, a remark that did not bother me.
I hadn't noticed that 'til you brought it up. Now that I see it I believe he objected to me referring to you as a colossal chump for calling the whistleblower in the DOJ case a phony and liar. I don't know, I stand by the colossal chump charge.

I remembered lilliputian meaning small/petty as I used it to refer to your worth. So I used colossal & lilli in one post. I love that about me.

Anywho, assassinating the character of J. Christian Adams for standing up for what is right certainly qualifies you as being a colossal chump and I'm pleased to hear you took little offence to me referring to you as a colossal chump. :ThmbUp:

bigmack
07-16-2010, 09:07 PM
I just don't agree with their platform. Do they have a platform?
:lol: :lol:

Do me a solid & use that for your signature.

toetoe
07-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Someone please try to convince me that a Confederate flag is even nearly as offensive as a t-shirt bearing the image of mass murderer Ernesto Guevara.

I'm all ears ... or eyes, maybe.

PaceAdvantage
07-17-2010, 12:06 AM
PA, Bush earned our disdain for his runaway spending and lying to the American public to get us into the war in Iraq. I have never in my life seen such a hate campaign against a President from Day 1 as there has been for Obama. But the right is in denial. I've been down this road before here. it's all Clinton's fault, Carters fault, etc. Spin it any way you want, but its been 30 years of Reagonomics that has driven this country into the ground. Clinton drank the kool aid too, but at least he balance dthe budget. It happens when the top tax rate is raised. Bush tax cuts and 2 wars on the credit card broke this country. Clinton's signing of NAFTA put the nail in the coffin for American jobs. I just can't understand why all you right wingers want to return to the policies that caused this mess.This entire paragraph of yours...so many words...and not ONCE did you address my post, why I posted it, and how it proved what you stated about Joe Wilson and respect for a President on the floor of Congress...completely WRONG.

Tom
07-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Spacey, do you speak English?

Let me clue you in...I would take 1 "Confederate Gary" over a million of you to fill this country any day.

bigmack
07-17-2010, 01:04 AM
It never fails. There's always one that rarely walks in OffTop Alley but the second they see anything about racism they jump in with both feet, hurling accusations all over joint.

Flags, the way people talk, inflections.

How is it they move through life at the ready to start in with these indictments at the drop of hat and spray them in such a wide fashion? I can only assume they had equally irrational feelings as a child.

Don't go in that closet.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/familyguyevilmonkey8oe.gif

Tom
07-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Racism is fueled by ignorance and failure.

mostpost
07-17-2010, 03:20 AM
Can you give us proof that Joe Wilson is a racist? :confused:
Joe Wilson is a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, an organization which supports Secession and considers Slavery a benign institution. As in "the poor darkies aren't smart enough to look after themselves so we have to keep them as slaves for their own good".
The home page of SCV praises confederate veterans as men who fought for liberty and freedom. Riiight. Liberty for white men, not for black men. Freedom for white men to keep black men as slaves.

Joe Wilson was one of seven in the South Carolina Senate who voted to keep the Confederate Flag flying over the South Carolina Capital saying "It's part of our heritage." It's part of a heritage that said a man could be killed just for the way he looked at you if he was black. Part of a heritage that said a person was property because of the color of his skin. Part of a heritage that still exists to this day among some, including many of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

Wilson can talk all he wants about tradition and heritage. The tradition he espouses is a repulsive one. He is a racist. There is zero doubt about that.

mostpost
07-17-2010, 03:27 AM
Your comments are so very wrong. Historic? HISTORIC?

Where were you when this went down...historic my ass:

RBxmEGG71PM

They're not booing, they're going "Moooose...Mooose....Mooose.

newtothegame
07-17-2010, 05:49 AM
Joe Wilson is a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, an organization which supports Secession and considers Slavery a benign institution. As in "the poor darkies aren't smart enough to look after themselves so we have to keep them as slaves for their own good".
The home page of SCV praises confederate veterans as men who fought for liberty and freedom. Riiight. Liberty for white men, not for black men. Freedom for white men to keep black men as slaves.

Joe Wilson was one of seven in the South Carolina Senate who voted to keep the Confederate Flag flying over the South Carolina Capital saying "It's part of our heritage." It's part of a heritage that said a man could be killed just for the way he looked at you if he was black. Part of a heritage that said a person was property because of the color of his skin. Part of a heritage that still exists to this day among some, including many of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

Wilson can talk all he wants about tradition and heritage. The tradition he espouses is a repulsive one. He is a racist. There is zero doubt about that.

Mosty, I can NOT speak personally to the "sons of confederate veterans" or anything about that group.

And I would like to think that from our conversations, you know I am not a racist.

But, with that being said...heritage IS heritage. Not all things will be good in our past. Some will be down right tragic. But it doesn't mean you ERASE that heritage. Progressives would like to rewrite history if they could. That's a terrible thing!!!

Let me tell you why...The less we know about history, the more likely we are to repeat it. I would want my grandaughter to grow up learning of the mistakes we made as a country and I as a person so that she hopefully will not repeat them. It's called learning.

Do some people find the confederate flag offensive for what the thought it represents? I am sure they do. All the more reason to enlighten their children of history.

Erasing history though is far worse. To erase history is to assume it never happened!!!

Tom
07-17-2010, 10:59 AM
A conundrum....what group is worse, those who support slavery of those who want to kills cops and white babies?

boxcar
07-17-2010, 11:14 AM

Sounds like the the U.S. government has much in common with the "Sons of Confederate Veterans". Socialists believe the masses are asses -- that the common people -- the plebes in society -- the peons -- the workers -- aren't capable of thinking for or taking care of themselves. Sounds to me like government, too, has this plantation mentality. Government, too, indulges its own delusions that it's intellectually and morally superior to the people it is supposed to serve.

Or take this whackjob Dr. Donald Berwick, who is BO's recess appointment. This guy is a real gem. He believes that people aren't equipped to make decisions about their own health care. He thinks people's health care decisions are best left in the hands of their leaders. Another limousine, elitist socialist... :rolleyes:

So, Mosty, before casting stones at the supposed wickedness of someone else's organization, you should first consider your own utter hypocrisy in the kind of smug, arrogant, elitist leaders you support at the ballot box whose only goal is strip everyone of individual liberties and to enslave all on the government's plantation..

Boxcar

GaryG
07-17-2010, 11:19 AM
A conundrum....what group is worse, those who support slavery of those who want to kills cops and white babies?Support or opposition to slavery is a moot point, as it is long gone. The actions of those Philly thugs are of a real concern. Since they got their "man" in the white house they seem to feel that they are bullet proof.

bigmack
07-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Are ya ready for this? Type that same post and put Robert Byrd in place of Wilson and your credibility will move up a notch around here.

Go on, I triple, double dare ya.

mostpost
07-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Mosty, I can NOT speak personally to the "sons of confederate veterans" or anything about that group.

And I would like to think that from our conversations, you know I am not a racist.

But, with that being said...heritage IS heritage. Not all things will be good in our past. Some will be down right tragic. But it doesn't mean you ERASE that heritage. Progressives would like to rewrite history if they could. That's a terrible thing!!!

Let me tell you why...The less we know about history, the more likely we are to repeat it. I would want my grandaughter to grow up learning of the mistakes we made as a country and I as a person so that she hopefully will not repeat them. It's called learning.

Do some people find the confederate flag offensive for what the thought it represents? I am sure they do. All the more reason to enlighten their children of history.

Erasing history though is far worse. To erase history is to assume it never happened!!!
Acknowledging the bad parts of ones heritage is necesary. Celebrating those parts or wishing to return to those days is a problem, a serious problem. If the Sons of Confederates want to say "I know slavery was wrong and I know we should not have left the Union, but we did and my great, great, great grandfather fought valiantly and bravely for a cause he sincerely believed in"
I have no problem with that. But that is not what they are saying. Most of them.
I don't know where you are getting the idea that Progressives are rewriting history. Care to cite some examples. Before you start, discrediting statements by Rush and Beck is not rewriting history.

People don't find the Confederate flag offensive because of what they think it represents, the find it offensive because of what it does represent. Suppose someone really dislikes you. (From speaking with you here that seems really unlikely-but nonetheless) They have no logical reason for their dislike-but it is there. They beat you up, not once but several times. And when they see you and can't physically harm you they mentally and verbally abuse you. Then the town decides to do something about this. They put up a statue of your tormentor, have a parade in his honor and give him a key to the city. How are you going to feel about that statue and the community that put it up?

mostpost
07-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Are ya ready for this? Type that same post and put Robert Byrd in place of Wilson and your credibility will move up a notch around here.

Go on, I triple, double dare ya.
Hope you don't mind if I just copy and paste.
Of course I will have to make one significant change,
Byrd can talk all he wants about tradition and heritage. The tradition he espoused was a repulsive one. He was a racist. There was zero doubt about that.
You see Byrd changed, he renounced his previous views, left the Klan and slowly but definitely began to work for civil rights. The former racist, and surely he was a racist, supported Barack Obama for President and received a 100% rating from the NAACP for the 108th COngress.
From wikipedia:
In the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People's (NAACP)[67] Congressional Report Card for the 108th Congress (spanning the 2003–2004 congressional session), Byrd was awarded with an approval rating of 100 percent for favoring the NAACP's position in all 33 bills presented to the United States Senate regarding issues of their concern

Byrd changed, Wilson has not.

bigmack
07-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Funny how in-depth you dig on some things and buy hook, line & sinker with others. Funny too, how with 6 pages of posts regarding Byrd you had nary a word to say.

The Sons of Confederate Veterans huh?
Experts say the divisions within the Sons vary between two extremes. On one side are the traditionalists, members who focus on cleaning up Confederate grave sites and conducting Civil War re-enactments.

On the other side are the so-called Lunatics, up to 2,000 members who deride traditionalists as “grannies” and belong to camps named after notorious Southern figures such as John Wilkes Booth and Jesse James.

Membership in the Sons of Confederate Veterans is open to all male descendants of any veteran who served honorably in the Confederate armed forces.

I've seen these guys on a pile of PBS specials recreating Civil War scenes.

http://www.scv.org/images/main_image1.jpg

The disenfranchised look more like this:

http://cdn.crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2009/09/SCVActivists_f3d02.jpg

Figures you & your clan automatically put Wilson in the later. :rolleyes:

http://www.scv.org/

boxcar
07-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Hope you don't mind if I just copy and paste.
Of course I will have to make one significant change,

You see Byrd changed, he renounced his previous views, left the Klan and slowly but definitely began to work for civil rights. The former racist, and surely he was a racist, supported Barack Obama for President and received a 100% rating from the NAACP for the 108th COngress.
From wikipedia:

Of course, Byrd "changed"! He was a man with no principles. Remember: The Dems' eulogized the excuse that he only joined the KKK in order to get elected. Byrd only did what he had to do. They clearly implied that Byrd changed into something that he "really wasn't" for political expedience. Would it not make perfectly good sense, therefore, for Byrd, whose moral scruples ran about as deep as a mud puddle, and who had to keep up with the changing times, to also "change" back to not being a racist for the very same reason that he became one in the first place? :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Tom
07-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Byrd was awarded with an approval rating of 100 percent for favoring the NAACP's position in all 33 bills presented to the United States Senate regarding issues of their concern

Sounds like he never changed to me - pretty racist voting record.

JustRalph
07-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Sounds like he never changed to me - pretty racist voting record.

continually voted to enslave blacks with a diabolical plan

mostpost
07-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Interesting how you Conservatives talk about this "diabolical" plan that Progressives have to enslave blacks. A plan that consists of passing laws so that Blacks could vote where they never voted before. A plan that consists of passing laws so that blacks could attend schools which they were never allowed to attend before. A plan that consists of passing laws so that blacks could compete for jobs they were not able to compete for before.

In backwards land, where Conservatives live, you enslave people by giving them an opportunity to do better. You free them by denying them that opportunity. In RealWorld you do what Progressives did. Not to enslave but to provide opportunity.

lsbets
07-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Now back to reality (but always nice to tune into the mostpost fantasy channel once in a while).

The government created dependency programs which shattered the core of the family and has condemned generations to now be wards of the state. Since its the progressives who provide all of this wonderful "care" it has also created an incredibly solid voting block. The very people who are enslaved by the evilness of liberalism are those who support it the most. Modern American liberalism is as evil as Stalinism and all other forms of collectivism. The NAACP and its leaders, who profit from the deplorable conditions that too many black Americans live under, are no different than the Jews who collaborated with the Nazis. They sell their people out to gain favor.

newtothegame
07-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Acknowledging the bad parts of ones heritage is necesary. Celebrating those parts or wishing to return to those days is a problem, a serious problem. If the Sons of Confederates want to say "I know slavery was wrong and I know we should not have left the Union, but we did and my great, great, great grandfather fought valiantly and bravely for a cause he sincerely believed in"
I have no problem with that. But that is not what they are saying. Most of them.
I don't know where you are getting the idea that Progressives are rewriting history. Care to cite some examples. Before you start, discrediting statements by Rush and Beck is not rewriting history.

People don't find the Confederate flag offensive because of what they think it represents, the find it offensive because of what it does represent. Suppose someone really dislikes you. (From speaking with you here that seems really unlikely-but nonetheless) They have no logical reason for their dislike-but it is there. They beat you up, not once but several times. And when they see you and can't physically harm you they mentally and verbally abuse you. Then the town decides to do something about this. They put up a statue of your tormentor, have a parade in his honor and give him a key to the city. How are you going to feel about that statue and the community that put it up?

No, actually, it does not represent racism or slavery. Please cite the website that shows that. Now some groups have adopted the flag and they are hate groups but that is not what the FLAG represents. Again, thats an association.

That in itself is one example of rewriting history.

If thats the case, based on B.O apology tour, why does this country still use "old glory".
You know the stars and stripes??

You can precieve what you think it means but since you like to use wikepedia...please show me where wikepedia says it represents slavery???

Now as I said, it does say that some groups have adopted it.....but that was not its original intent.

JustRalph
07-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Now back to reality (but always nice to tune into the mostpost fantasy channel once in a while).

The government created dependency programs which shattered the core of the family and has condemned generations to now be wards of the state. Since its the progressives who provide all of this wonderful "care" it has also created an incredibly solid voting block. The very people who are enslaved by the evilness of liberalism are those who support it the most. Modern American liberalism is as evil as Stalinism and all other forms of collectivism. The NAACP and its leaders, who profit from the deplorable conditions that too many black Americans live under, are no different than the Jews who collaborated with the Nazis. They sell their people out to gain favor.

I am going to save this post.......... perfecto! :ThmbUp:

I haven't posted this for a while........ but it is germane to the conversation
that has evolved

newtothegame
07-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Interesting how you Conservatives talk about this "diabolical" plan that Progressives have to enslave blacks. A plan that consists of passing laws so that Blacks could vote where they never voted before. A plan that consists of passing laws so that blacks could attend schools which they were never allowed to attend before. A plan that consists of passing laws so that blacks could compete for jobs they were not able to compete for before.

In backwards land, where Conservatives live, you enslave people by giving them an opportunity to do better. You free them by denying them that opportunity. In RealWorld you do what Progressives did. Not to enslave but to provide opportunity.
It all depends on what you mean by "enslave"...
I take the term to mean anything that would hold one back. By entitlement programs, this is exactly what dems and progressives are accomplishing.

TJDave
07-17-2010, 07:54 PM
The NAACP and its leaders, who profit from the deplorable conditions that too many black Americans live under, are no different than the Jews who collaborated with the Nazis. They sell their people out to gain favor.

Jewish collaborators, however few in number had different motives. They were acting to protect their lives and the lives of their families. Surrendering their property or informing on others to avoid the gas chamber. In most cases they were used then murdered. In hindsight certainly deplorable yet had I faced the same circumstance I couldn't honestly say I wouldn't consider it. Frankly, I'm amazed that more didn't.

Discounting slavery, I'm not familiar with any black American ever facing the same alternative.

boxcar
07-17-2010, 08:28 PM
No, actually, it does not represent racism or slavery. Please cite the website that shows that. Now some groups have adopted the flag and they are hate groups but that is not what the FLAG represents. Again, thats an association.

That in itself is one example of rewriting history.

If thats the case, based on B.O apology tour, why does this country still use "old glory".
You know the stars and stripes??

You can precieve what you think it means but since you like to use wikepedia...please show me where wikepedia says it represents slavery???

Now as I said, it does say that some groups have adopted it.....but that was not its original intent.

You're on the money as usual. In fact, the War between the North and the South wasn't even over slavery!

Boxcar

TJDave
07-18-2010, 12:55 AM
In fact, the War between the North and the South wasn't even over slavery!

Boxcar

I would think.

While the war was fought over succession there were a host of reasons for succession. Among them...the perpetuation of slavery.

Regarding the Confederate flag:

Association should be the operative word. While partial misrepresentations, most Blacks associate the Stars and Bars with racial oppression just as most of the western world associates the swastika with the atrocities of Nazi Germany. IMO, neither should occupy a place of prominence in our society. The harm outweighs the historical good... Which is best displayed in books and museums.

boxcar
07-18-2010, 01:58 AM
I would think.

While the war was fought over succession there were a host of reasons for succession. Among them...the perpetuation of slavery.

Association should be the operative word. While partial misrepresentations, most Blacks associate the Stars and Bars with racial oppression just as most of the western world associates the swastika with the atrocities of Nazi Germany. IMO, neither should occupy a place of prominence in our society. The harm outweighs the historical good... Which is best displayed in books and museums.

And guess why Honest Abe didn't want the southern states to secede? Can you spell R-E-V-E-N-U-E? The government needed the South's bucks. :lol: :lol: Funny how all these things always seem to come down to money and/or power, isn't it? ;)

Boxcar

TJDave
07-18-2010, 04:09 AM
And guess why Honest Abe didn't want the southern states to secede? Can you spell R-E-V-E-N-U-E?

I'm not arguing your point. Only that one reason leading to Southern succession was the perpetuation of slavery. Additionally, had Lincoln not later appeased the radical republicans in issuance of the Emancipation Proclamation congress would have shut off funding.

Slavery was an issue in both reasons for and continued prosecution of the war.

boxcar
07-18-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm not arguing your point. Only that one reason leading to Southern succession was the perpetuation of slavery. Additionally, had Lincoln not later appeased the radical republicans in issuance of the Emancipation Proclamation congress would have shut off funding.

Slavery was an issue in both reasons for and continued prosecution of the war.

And another very often overlooked little "side issue" was the fact that many Northerners during this time also owned slaves. So, at the terrible risk of concocting a bad pun...the War was not nearly such err... Black and White issue and many would have us believe. :)

Boxcar

newtothegame
07-18-2010, 11:48 AM
I would think.

Thanks for proving my point about progressives wanting to REWRITE history.

Libs and progressives alike would just as soon have this "dissappear" from history. But as I said before...to forget history only heightens the chance to repeat it!!

TJDave
07-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks for proving my point about progressives wanting to REWRITE history.

Who said anything about a rewrite?

Read my comments carefully. I understand the history. I also understand that rightly or wrongly, waving the rebel flag and whistling Dixie pisses people off. Then adding that the Civil War was fought over tariffs doesn't help the situation.

You wanna rub peoples noses in it? Fine...Let me know how that works out. :rolleyes:

boxcar
07-18-2010, 12:46 PM

Read my comments carefully. I understand the history. I also understand that rightly or wrongly, waving the rebel flag and whistling Dixie pisses people off. Then adding that the Civil War was fought over tariffs doesn't help the situation.

You wanna rub peoples noses in it? Fine...Let me know how that works out. :rolleyes:

Yeah...there's lots of that irrational anger in the air these days. Some people just can't breathe enough of the stuff, it seems.

Boxcar

newtothegame
07-18-2010, 01:01 PM

I did read them carefully...you specifically said "outweighs historical good".....
So what would you suggest? If the historical good is outweighed by "stereotypical beliefs, then should the history be "hidden"??

What are you trying to say...or are you saying nothing at all?

newtothegame
07-18-2010, 01:04 PM

It has nothing to do with rubbing peoples noses in it!! If their beliefs...(which I have already shown to be wrong) offend them, then maybe they should actually learn HISTORY! Maybe they should really look at what the flag means versus what they THINK it means.

People of french descent were sold on blocks right here in New Orleans during the slave periods and before. Does that mean I wish New Olreans to be burned to the ground?? Get real!!

This is the problem in itself...when history is allowed to be distorted, rewritten, thats how misbeliefs happen.

Space Monkey
07-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Mr. Space Cadet, you say you voted for BO who is actually a left-wing extremist -- yet, you imply that you're a moderate -- a centrist -- someone who always has the middle ground in view? What in the world did you think BO was before you voted him? What were you thinking?

BO is a left wing extremist?? :lol: He kept on Guientner, Bernancke, Summers, Gates and we are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. He got health care passed, but took care of the health ins co's. He bailed out Wall St. Left wing extremist? You're dilusional.

Space Monkey
07-19-2010, 04:55 PM
It is about time for another one of those sayonara "You won't have this monkey to slap around any more" posts. I think Peter Gabriel had a song about that

When are you going to post something with some intelligence to it. All you ever do is comment on others posts. You're a coat tailin lackey Gary.

I see that the Tea Party expelled the racist Marc Williams and his Tea Party Express. Good for them. I don't have anything against the TP. They have a right to their beliefs and place in our political system. I hope they grow within the GOP. So far, their candidates lose. I don't think Angle and Rand are going to win either.

What the Tea Party did was justify my belief that racist elements were being drawn to the organization and the GOP in general.

Space Monkey
07-19-2010, 05:02 PM
so you admit, you are a sucker? You fell for it.........

Get in line......you are one of a million fools..........

Now, how does that make me feel about just about anything you pontificate about ? Take a guess

It's unbelievablle how you all here spin everything I say to the negative. If you think for 1 second that I believe that McCain/Palin would have been better then you are truly dilusional. I'm disappointed that BO has followed many of the policies of Bush and Clinton. He has done a lot of good, but he needs to change our trade policies and show me that he's not a corporate politician like everyone President has been since Reagan.

PaceAdvantage
07-19-2010, 05:20 PM
When are you going to post something with some intelligence to it. All you ever do is comment on others posts. You're a coat tailin lackey Gary.

I see that the Tea Party expelled the racist Marc Williams and his Tea Party Express. Good for them. I don't have anything against the TP. They have a right to their beliefs and place in our political system. I hope they grow within the GOP. So far, their candidates lose. I don't think Angle and Rand are going to win either.

What the Tea Party did was justify my belief that racist elements were being drawn to the organization and the GOP in general.Another post about race from you...how interesting given your most recent thread.

JustRalph
07-19-2010, 05:49 PM
If you think for 1 second that I believe that McCain/Palin would have been better then you are truly dilusional.

so you admit it ......... you're a sucker who fell for Obama's lies and the cult of personality. Hope and Change turned into Lies and Deception. Keep talking, you look worse and worse all the time.

Space Monkey
07-19-2010, 05:52 PM
He hasn't lived up to my expectations. Ok. Why do you keep calling me a sucker? What part of Obama is fair/poor or McCain/Palin would be unmitigated disater don't you get?

boxcar
07-19-2010, 06:03 PM
BO is a left wing extremist?? :lol: He kept on Guientner, Bernancke, Summers, Gates and we are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. He got health care passed, but took care of the health ins co's. He bailed out Wall St. Left wing extremist? You're dilusional.

The word is delusional, Mr. Spacey. :rolleyes: And this is something you are if you think he's a right-winger. What other options are there, since you implied a claim to being a "moderate".

And for your info, unless this "health care reform" bill gets repealed (which is very unlikely), I predict that within 5 years insurance companies will be out of the health care biz. The purpose of the bill all along was to lead to a one-payer system. (You need to pay better attention what some Dems have said in the recent past.) Plus BO himself is a huge fan of the one-payer system, as is his new "czar" Dr. David Berwick (a real gem of a Marxist!).

Bailouts? This is what fascists do when they want the private sector to prostitute itself with government. Wake up and smell the coffee. Wasn't another 2000-page plus bill just passed to regulate Wall St.? The government is going to have more power on the Street than ever. And I'm the one dilusional. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Space Monkey
07-19-2010, 06:37 PM
First of all brainiac, it's SINGLE PAYER, not one payer and Obama is NOT in favor of it or else he would have pushed for it. He took single payer off the table at the very beginning.

I never said he was a right winger. People like you, with very limited political scope, can only see right and left. There is a middle. Obama, like Clinton, is in it.

Berwick is a Marxist?? How do you know? Throwing around terms like Marxism and Fascism is easy to do but hard to prove. It's like calling your little schoolmates names in the schoolyard. It's just that you're a lot older now, but still have a childlike mentality.

newtothegame
07-19-2010, 06:45 PM
He hasn't lived up to my expectations. Ok. Why do you keep calling me a sucker? What part of Obama is fair/poor or McCain/Palin would be unmitigated disater don't you get?

Because "expectations" are AFTER the fact...you voted for him....that's why they now call you "sucker". You believed the hype, the lies, the "hope and change".
Gee...does everything have to be spelled out for you??? No wonder you were "suckered" into voting for him.

boxcar
07-19-2010, 07:52 PM
First of all brainiac, it's SINGLE PAYER, not one payer and Obama is NOT in favor of it or else he would have pushed for it. He took single payer off the table at the very beginning.

I never said he was a right winger. People like you, with very limited political scope, can only see right and left. There is a middle. Obama, like Clinton, is in it.

Berwick is a Marxist?? How do you know? Throwing around terms like Marxism and Fascism is easy to do but hard to prove. It's like calling your little schoolmates names in the schoolyard. It's just that you're a lot older now, but still have a childlike mentality.

Well, if he's in the middle, then he shares your same views/ideology, right? So, what's your beef with this "centrist"? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And you're so naive, no one would be able to plumb the unfathomable depths of your naivete. Of course, he didn't push for it overtly because the goal was to gradually get it in through the backdoor. If he marketed the bill as single payer, the outcry would have even been greater than it was. And the fact that you don't know what this "moderate" president stands for and supports also demonstrates the equally dark depths of your ignorance in politics, as well.

Here, listen, look and weep -- although this kind of multi-tasking might be beyond your reach also. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE

Boxcar
P.S. And about Berwick...I've read and heard excerpts of his works. This guy is no centrist. He's a radical left winger, which is precisely why BO wants to avoid the Senate confirmation process.

PaceAdvantage
07-19-2010, 07:57 PM
He hasn't lived up to my expectations. Ok. Why do you keep calling me a sucker? What part of Obama is fair/poor or McCain/Palin would be unmitigated disater don't you get?Interesting how you simply KNOW how a McCain/Palin administration would have went up until this point...

Given this incredible skill of yours, perhaps a career change and salary hike is in order?

Tom
07-19-2010, 10:11 PM

Hey Brainiac......who is this guy?
The operative word here is....wait for it......IMMEDIATELY. Do the math.

fpAyan1fXCE

JustRalph
07-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Listen Space Donkey,

Bill Clinton was dragged to the middle by the 94 takeover of Congress by Newt Gingrich and the boys and girls of the Contract with America.

Once again, you mis-read the situation. Just like the election cycle of 08

wes
07-20-2010, 08:45 AM
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Have you heard the NAACP use the word WE? Only for the black community is talked about.

When the word WE can be used instead of racist or blacks then perhaps change could take place.

wes

JustRalph
08-09-2010, 03:25 PM
http://jaysanalysis.wordpress.com/2010/08/09/democratic-operative-busted-smearing-rand-paul-at-fancy-farm/

"Democratic Operative Busted Smearing Rand Paul at Fancy Farm

The Kentucky Fancy Farm Picnic is decadent and depraved as well, apparently. Well, at least the Democratic operatives who parade with the most inane and over-the-top smear tactics are. In one of the most important and closely watched races in the country, my friends and I attended the famous Fancy Farm debate and ousted this Democratic operative:"

watch the video at the link

** I don't know who's blog this is.......but it is being linked to by many sites today..........I know nothing about the credibility of this guy at all.......