PDA

View Full Version : AM Saratoga

PhantomOnTour
07-12-2010, 11:06 AM
A few years ago HRTV aired a show each raceday from the Spa and I think it was titled 'AM Saratoga'....what happened to that show? I found it very informative as their daily guests were always trainers and/or jocks....owners too. Barry Irwin (Team Valor) basically gave out a future winner and I found interviews with Jerkens, Weaver, Donk, etc. to be great. Seems people are in a different (non-secretive/cryptic trainer talk) mood at the Spa and are looser with the info....anyone else watch this show and can I still find on the web somewhere? Thx ya'll.

Grits
07-12-2010, 11:31 AM
http://www.capitalotb.com/

If not on HRTV, or if the channel is not available in your viewing area, try their site. AM Saratoga is part of their programming, as is the DRF, Talking Horses seminar hosted by TLG.

PhantomOnTour
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks Grits! Ya know, as a southerner I find your name charming!! :)

Grits
07-12-2010, 11:40 AM
You're welcome, Phantom. Tune in each morning, hopefully, you'll see their program. Jeanne Woods is one of their hosts; she does an outstanding job.

joanied
07-13-2010, 09:47 AM
I checked the programming on both TVG and HRTV...didn't see any A.M Saratoga...but I remember watching it on one of those channels...anyone know if they'll have it again? It was a good program, like phantom said...

Linny
07-14-2010, 09:43 AM
AM Saratoga was produced by NYC OTB which will not be at Saratoga this summer. It was produced on the Capital OTB set at the Saratoga backstretch and sent to HRTV.

Capital has a full lineup of shows available on the local cable system and streamed online to Capital OTB Account holders.

thespaah
07-14-2010, 10:58 AM
A few years ago HRTV aired a show each raceday from the Spa and I think it was titled 'AM Saratoga'....what happened to that show? I found it very informative as their daily guests were always trainers and/or jocks....owners too. Barry Irwin (Team Valor) basically gave out a future winner and I found interviews with Jerkens, Weaver, Donk, etc. to be great. Seems people are in a different (non-secretive/cryptic trainer talk) mood at the Spa and are looser with the info....anyone else watch this show and can I still find on the web somewhere? Thx ya'll.If the show is still in production this year, it will be aired on the OTB Channel available on most cable systems in the Capitol OTB region. Have a friend in Upstate NY whom I visit each Saratoga season. The Time Warner franchise in that area has the OTB Channel. I have also seen the show on HRTV. Hopefully it will be in production again.

Linny
07-14-2010, 11:12 AM
There will be no "AM Saratoga" but there will be daily programming, most of it will include handicapping and guest interviews. In addition to the usual Saturday/Sunday chat shows there will be Keyword: Saratoga on Mondays, Saratoga Newsdesk on weekday racedays, an extra edition of Trackfacts Live every Wednesday. Horses N Courses, a stakes re-cap show and an International edition of Horses N Courses will also air during the meet.

the little guy
07-14-2010, 11:14 AM
There will be no "AM Saratoga" but there will be daily programming, most of it will include handicapping and guest interviews. In addition to the usual Saturday/Sunday chat shows there will be Keyword: Saratoga on Mondays, Saratoga Newsdesk on weekday racedays, an extra edition of Trackfacts Live every Wednesday. Horses N Courses, a stakes re-cap show and an International edition of Horses N Courses will also air during the meet.

I he couldn't read it the first time, what makes you think a second time will help?

Linny
07-14-2010, 11:20 AM
I he couldn't read it the first time, what makes you think a second time will help?

Hope springs eternal.

eastie
07-14-2010, 11:30 AM
will Harvey be making a guest appearance this year ?

the little guy
07-14-2010, 12:37 PM
will Harvey be making a guest appearance this year ?

I wish.

I asked him again the other day.....not happening.

Linny
07-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Maybe we can get the little guy one day...

the little guy
07-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Maybe we can get the little guy one day...

I would have to ride my bike over.

Linny
07-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Last year Will Phipps rode over on his pony, an Eclipse Award winning 'chaser.

thespaah
07-14-2010, 05:31 PM
I wish.

I asked him again the other day.....not happening.How old is Harvey now?

eastie
07-14-2010, 11:38 PM
I would have to ride my bike over.

careful of the deer .

the little guy
07-15-2010, 12:19 AM
careful of the deer .

Forget about deer.....a squirrel will probably get me up there.

Vinman
07-15-2010, 12:29 AM
How old is Harvey now?

According to his book, he was born in 1926.