PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson is one of the reasons why racism continues in America

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2010, 03:23 AM
(Of course the biggest reason why racism is alive and well is that it raises too much money for the Democratic party...if you kill racism, you basically kill the Democratic party...it's kind of like finding a cure for cancer...kind of suicidal for all those cancer foundations, cancer centers, oncologists, etc..) but I digress:

I take it ol' Mr. Jackson has been feeling ignored lately...drink in this madness:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Jesse-Jackson-faults-Cavs-owner-Dan-Gilbert-LeBron-comments-071110

"His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship — between business partners — and LeBron honored his contract.""LeBron is not a child, nor is he bound to play on Gilbert’s plantation and be demeaned.Someone ought to tell Jesse he crossed the line into inconsequential ages ago....

Tom
07-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Jesse is ignorance personified.
He an anchor to his race.

PhantomOnTour
07-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Where does he mention the democratic party? What does that have to do with Rev Jackson's opinion on the Cavs owner?

boxcar
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Where does he mention the democratic party? What does that have to do with Rev Jackson's opinion on the Cavs owner?

Is he not a Democrat? Is he not a liberal? Did he not run for president as a Democrat? Is he not always playing the race card?

Boxcar
P.S. I haven't even finished first cup of java, but I can't believe you couldn't connect the dots. Here it is: IDENTITY POLITICS PERMEATES THE DEMOCRAT PARTY because the Dem(on)s must create enemies and monsters to slay politically, otherwise there is no justification for their existence.

PhantomOnTour
07-12-2010, 11:49 AM
By the same token you must represent all who share your religious/political beliefs every time you post (and you're doing your kind an injustice imo) since you are an Evangelical Christian (sorry if I got the title wrong) and have identified yourself publicly as one, right?
Look, I am no supporter of Jackson and I disagree with his statements about the Cavs owner, but to throw the Dem party in there is a stretch imo. Hopefully the Dems don't 'claim' him as a signature member of their party (anymore)...and yes, he furthers racism in America imo.

lamboguy
07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Is he not a Democrat? Is he not a liberal? Did he not run for president as a Democrat? Is he not always playing the race card?

Boxcar
P.S. I haven't even finished first cup of java, but I can't believe you couldn't connect the dots. Here it is: IDENTITY POLITICS PERMEATES THE DEMOCRAT PARTY because the Dem(on)s must create enemies and monsters to slay politically, otherwise there is no justification for their existence.
i heard he is switching party affiliation over to the republicans because they are more intuned to his philosophical view's than the democrats are.

46zilzal
07-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Funny. ONE person is responsible for carrying on a belief that has permeated the society since it was established. Heaven forbid all the rednecks in the South have of course nothing to do with it.

Tom
07-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Our resident racist experts chimes in...how nice.

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey look...someone who agrees with me....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Jesse-Jackson-LeBron-James-Dan-Gilbert-slavery-comparison-071210

Jackson and other African-Americans need to follow LeBron’s lead. We look foolish. We look hypocritical. We come across like people who have little genuine interest in seeing racial prejudice disappear and more like people who just want it to swing in our favor.

Rather than deal with the callous and classless way James departed his home state, some of us are trying to make this about race. It’s not.Jesse Jackson actually raised a good point...too bad it was surrounded by a bunch of other crap: If he believes that LeBron intentionally quit, determining the outcome of those games, why did he pursue him and offer him and additional $120 million to stay in Cleveland?

boxcar
07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Funny. ONE person is responsible for carrying on a belief that has permeated the society since it was established. Heaven forbid all the rednecks in the South have of course nothing to do with it.

Since one did the Democrat Party consist of "ONE person"? Granted, the party speaks with ONE racist voice. I'll give you that.

Boxcar
P.S. And you need to pull your head out of the drain pipe. This society is not permeated with racism. You're confusing this society for the Democrat Party.

jballscalls
07-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Jason Whitlock wrote a good piece about this situation, should be on the foxsports website somewhere

jballscalls
07-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Since one did the Democrat Party consist of "ONE person"? Granted, the party speaks with ONE racist voice. I'll give you that.

Boxcar
P.S. And you need to pull your head out of the drain pipe. This society is not permeated with racism. You're confusing this society for the Democrat Party.

racism is everywhere and happens in everyones life at some point. nowadays it's just not as overt and it's generally reverse from what it was years ago, but it's still there and will always be, just as sexism and many other ism's all will be.

boxcar
07-12-2010, 04:09 PM
racism is everywhere and happens in everyones life at some point. nowadays it's just not as overt and it's generally reverse from what it was years ago, but it's still there and will always be, just as sexism and many other ism's all will be.

And the Democrats with their insipid Identity Politics want to guarantee and perpetuate racism with this culturally divisive strategy.

Boxcar

jballscalls
07-12-2010, 04:13 PM
And the Democrats with their insipid Identity Politics want to guarantee and perpetuate racism with this culturally divisive strategy.

Boxcar

sure many democrats are guilty of racism. my experience has been that many of my republican friends are also quite racist as well at times, it goes both ways.

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Jason Whitlock wrote a good piece about this situation, should be on the foxsports website somewhereI'm very sad you didn't read my reply #9.... :( :lol:

jballscalls
07-12-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm very sad you didn't read my reply #9.... :( :lol:

sorry i missed it. thanks for posting

Tom
07-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Sad that most black folks will not see this for what it is - a slap in their faces. Jackson marginalizes slavery by using in the context of a 60 million dollar slavery. But then nothing ever mattered to Jessie but Jessie.

fast4522
07-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Fact checks for those who care to be honest about it.

The term redneck was born out of the plight of the West Virginia coal miners. They went the distance and covered lots of ground against insurmountable odds and a system and a sheriff department that was determined to stop them from getting a fair shake for the work they did. To really understand the battle undertook by these tough as nails workmen is maybe a badge to proudly wear when your referred to as one. In my book it is certainly unintelligent of the left wing to refer to people as rednecks when by definition they have no idea what a redneck is. I would not refer to 46zilzal as our resident racist just because he is obviously feeling much like Jesse Jackson a marginalized man looking for others to pay attention to what they say when both utter bullshit to the point that they themselves believe it while the majority feel they are freaks whose day has come and gone because only a select few find them worth a read. The thing about Jesse Jackson is that if he can not get in front of a TV camera he is toast.

Tom
07-12-2010, 08:15 PM
For the records, I called him our resident racist expert, resident racist.
He is an expert on every topic was my point.
If you don't believe me, just ask him.;)

fast4522
07-13-2010, 05:47 AM
No thanks Tom, I will pass on that one. I see what you say and your right, the expert part imply s if he say's it is then its so (LOL). I am sorry and am guilty of not reading it twice before I posted.

Wiley
07-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Jesse Jackson actually raised a good point...too bad it was surrounded by a bunch of other crap:
"If he believes that LeBron intentionally quit, determining the outcome of those games, why did he pursue him and offer him and additional $120 million to stay in Cleveland?" quotes Jesse.

I am surprised a guy like Jesse, who offers all of the answers up here, cannot figure this one out, money.
Gilbert's franchise value fell dramatically by losing James, some Forbes numbers here http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/2010/06/lebrons-100-million-impact-on-the-cleveland-cavaliers/?partner=whiteglove_google

Even with James not winning championships he was worth a lot of money to the Cavaliers so it was in their best interests to keep him.

Watching some of the mentioned playoff games, IMO, I agree with Gilbert, that James played poorly whether due to lack of effort, talent, or heart who knows?, especially in the crucial game 5.