PDA

View Full Version : Belmont winner Drosselmeyer sidelined

FenceBored
07-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Belmont Stakes winner Drosselmeyer could be sidelined the remainder of the year due to ankle issues that have prompted his connections to take him out of training, trainer Bill Mott said Sunday.
-- http://www.drf.com/news/article/114696.html

cj
07-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I had forgotten about him already!

tbwinner
07-11-2010, 05:31 PM
This is just sad how breeding (and training at that) has changed from producing and RUNNING quality-bred horses to producing bleeding low-level stock we have today. Polytrack, the breeding industry, the owners (yes that includes people like myself) everyone/thing except the bettors are ruining this.

bisket
07-11-2010, 07:36 PM
ok so now first dude might just make it in the super.

WinterTriangle
07-12-2010, 02:10 AM
tbwinner, you forgot drugs.

joanied
07-12-2010, 05:40 PM
This news bummed me out. He would have made the fields I'm expecting to see at Saratoga and beyond much more interesting and fun...being with Mott, I doubt it was any drugs that may have caused this, although, it does contribute to many injuries... at least they caught it before he raced again...and before anything really serious happened. I hope when they xray & scan, the results look promising for a return to racing before too long.

andtheyreoff
07-12-2010, 05:54 PM
This is just sad how breeding (and training at that) has changed from producing and RUNNING quality-bred horses to producing bleeding low-level stock we have today. Polytrack, the breeding industry, the owners (yes that includes people like myself) everyone/thing except the bettors are ruining this.

Don't be ridiculous.

It's obvious Monmouth sabotaged the horse to prevent him from running in the Jim Dandy, so he wouldn't steal the spotlight away from their elite meeting.