PDA

View Full Version : Mambo Meister

Valuist
07-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Who knew he could sprint? What a versatile horse. Runs a bang up 2nd in the fastest 6f stake of the day at Calder yesterday, closing against a wire to wire winner. I haven't projected #s and don't have pps from Calder yesterday but I'm curious to hear what type of Beyer he got for that race.

rastajenk
07-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Big Drama got a 104, as a point of reference.

cj
07-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Who knew he could sprint? What a versatile horse. Runs a bang up 2nd in the fastest 6f stake of the day at Calder yesterday, closing against a wire to wire winner. I haven't projected #s and don't have pps from Calder yesterday but I'm curious to hear what type of Beyer he got for that race.

He had the perfect setup and ran a well beaten second. I don't think his future is sprinting.

jballscalls
07-11-2010, 01:38 PM
the winner didn't go wire to wire, rather sat a perfect stalking trip from third i believe, taking the lead at the 1/4 pole.

if i remember right, didn't mambo meister have a rough/slow start yesterday as well?

cj
07-11-2010, 01:46 PM
the winner didn't go wire to wire, rather sat a perfect stalking trip from third i believe, taking the lead at the 1/4 pole.

if i remember right, didn't mambo meister have a rough/slow start yesterday as well?

The winner's trip wasn't tough by any means, but I would say it was on par with the runner up. Given he won fairly easily, I don't think Mambo Meister will be beating Big Drama sprinting any time soon. JMO.

Valuist
07-11-2010, 01:57 PM

True it wasn't a wire job but MM was the only one making up any ground. Speed held pretty good for the first 4 finishers in the race (except MM).

jballscalls
07-11-2010, 02:02 PM
The winner's trip wasn't tough by any means, but I would say it was on par with the runner up. Given he won fairly easily, I don't think Mambo Meister will be beating Big Drama sprinting any time soon. JMO.

this we definately agree on

JustRalph
07-11-2010, 06:18 PM

I agree with this, but Big D has been known not to run his best a few times and I thought if anybody might benefit from the pace it was MM.

I don't think the horse is a sprinter, but in that race I thought it setup for him and it was as good a spot as he was going to get in a sprint..........

cj
07-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I agree with this, but Big D has been known not to run his best a few times and I thought if anybody might benefit from the pace it was MM.

I don't think the horse is a sprinter, but in that race I thought it setup for him and it was as good a spot as he was going to get in a sprint..........

I totally agree. I don't think he was a bad bet in that spot, but he proved to me he probably wants more distance.

jonnielu
07-12-2010, 07:07 AM

MM started in a decent hole, I'm thinking a clean start, and he finishes on top. I think we might see him start a whole new career at the middle distances of 6.5 - 8f, and 7f might just match his natural run perfectly. I'm also thinking that the CD dirt surface could have him running a pretty mean mile.

jdl

cj
07-12-2010, 08:29 AM
MM started in a decent hole, I'm thinking a clean start, and he finishes on top. I think we might see him start a whole new career at the middle distances of 6.5 - 8f, and 7f might just match his natural run perfectly. I'm also thinking that the CD dirt surface could have him running a pretty mean mile.

jdl

Could be, but 6 is too short. The break didn't hurt with his style.

jonnielu
07-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Could be, but 6 is too short. The break didn't hurt with his style.

I think we'll get a chance to see as summer goes on. I'd like to see him take another shot at a BC mile on Louisville dirt.

jdl

CincyHorseplayer
07-12-2010, 02:38 PM
I expect MM to be better in his 2nd sprint if it happens.Coming out of 2 mile plus races a lot of horses aren't accustomed to the pace of a sprint and/or that it's one less turn and less time to get a position.It'll be interesting to see.