PDA

View Full Version : Obama pays off a Congressman

JustRalph
07-10-2010, 11:57 PM
The most transparent and ethical president ever pays out 400 million to a Corrupt Congressman's nephew.......for Solar energy development

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/10/obama-touts-400m-loan-to-solar-company-run-by-corrupt-congressmans-nephew/

You do the math on 400 million for 85 jobs................. :bang: :bang:

These people are crazy!! And the country is letting them get away with it

boxcar
07-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Hmm...do I sniff a culture of corruption scandal brewing? This has to be the most depraved administration in this country's history.

Boxcar

Tom
07-11-2010, 10:52 AM
But Ralph, those are GREEN jobs!

Sheeeeeze!

Tom
07-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Hmm...do I sniff a culture of corruption scandal brewing? This has to be the most depraved administration in this country's history.

Boxcar

You can safely throw in several South American and several European nations as well. And most island nations.

Chebama.
Yo mamma.
Cause you trauma.
Lots of drama.
Crooks-a-rama

mostpost
07-11-2010, 05:24 PM
I do not intend to discuss Rep. Kanjorski and his nephew Russell and whether their involvement in Cornerstone Technologies was illegal or unethical.
I do intend to discuss the Hot Air article which Just Ralph linked to. I think Hot Air is the perfect name for anything found on that site.
Problems with the article start with the headline:

Obama touts $400M loan to solar company run by corrupt congressman’s nephew
The company referred to is "Abound Solar." The nephew referred to is Russell Kanjorski, who is listed on the abound Solar website as the vice president of marketing. Now I admit I probably don't know as much about business as some of you, but my impression is that most companies are not run by their VP of marketing. Most companies have a CEO or COO charged with the task of running the company.

The first paragraph of the article is very poorly written and gives the impression that the govenment is giving Abound Solar $400 million to create 85 jobs. (at least that is what Just Ralph thinks.) The truth is Abound Solar will create 1500 jobs. If each of those jobs is worth $50,000 a year, that adds $75 million a year to the economy.
An important distinction needs to be made between giving, loaning and guaranteeing. The federal government is not giving Abound Solar money; it is not lendin them money; it is guaranteeing a loan someone else made.
Abound Solar is an established company that is already producing and selling its products. Someone was willing to lend them money. Those people must have had some confidence in Abound Solar.

To summarize: No connection between Cornerstone and Abound except that one person worked/works for both companies at different times-like that's never happened before.
The article obfuscated (deliberately, I think) the numbers of jobs to be created, the amount of the loan, the fact that it was a loan, or rather a loan guarantee, and the relationship of Russell Jankorski to the company.
Cornerstone and Abound are in different fields; the former recycling items using power water technology, the latter manufacturing a thin film used to cover solar panels.
Once again your obsessive desire to tear down Obama has led you to rely on very impeachable sources.

bigmack
07-11-2010, 05:36 PM
The company referred to is "Abound Solar." The nephew referred to is Russell Kanjorski, who is listed on the abound Solar website as...
bla bla bla
By gum you've done it again.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/22.jpg

JustRalph
07-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Mosty, I guess you ignored the part where the Kanjorski guy has taken government loans before and then went bankrupt leaving them unpaid ?

It's a payoff plain and simple .......you can read anything you want into it........you think a guy who drove the company he worked at before into bankruptcy gets a VP of Marketing Job without having an uncle who is a Congressman who can get them get big loans???

Sometimes you gotta read between the lines............you are helpless

Robert Goren
07-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Mosty, I guess you ignored the part where the Kanjorski guy has taken government loans before and then went bankrupt leaving them unpaid ?

It's a payoff plain and simple .......you can read anything you want into it........you think a guy who drove the company he worked at before into bankruptcy gets a VP of Marketing Job without having an uncle who is a Congressman who can get them get big loans???

Sometimes you gotta read between the lines............you are helpless Happens all the time. I had a boss once that bankrupted 4 companies and that dolt would not have known a politician if one hit him with a car.

mostpost
07-11-2010, 07:27 PM

Sometimes you gotta read between the lines............you are helpless
I did not ignore it. I felt I did not know enough to discuss it intelligently. It was obvious that Cornerstone was run by people who had little or no expertise in the field. In that case Russell Kanjorski was the head of the company. Along with other nephews of Rep. Kanjorski and Kanjorski's daughter they set up a firm they were ill-suited to run.
I think it was more a case of a bunch of incompetents getting in over their heads than a deliberate attempt to scam the taxpayers. At worst the attitude was "Let's try this and the government can bail us out"

As far as Russell Kanjorski working got Abound Solar as a VP of marketing, it very well could be that he was hired because of his connections. That does not mean the company is a bad risk. You can read about the company here:
http://www.abound.com/

mostpost
07-11-2010, 07:31 PM
By gum you've done it again.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/22.jpg
Even though we disagree, I appreciate the way you address my concerns point by point and refute them with logic and reason. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bigmack
07-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Even though we disagree, I appreciate the way you address my concerns point by point and refute them with logic and reason.
I tried a couple o' times with you, turns out you're irreformable.

Besides, not a soul will remember your little analysis a day from now but everyone knows someone who thinks in a twisted fashion like you and now they have a term to describe it.

Pretzel logic. :)

toetoe
07-11-2010, 08:12 PM
I felt I did not know enough to discuss it intelligently.

Well, anyway, thanks for the research you did into the Arizona bill, which revealed its stupid, racist and unconstitutional nature. :rolleyes: .

cj's dad
07-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I felt I did not know enough to discuss it intelligently.

The ONLY intelligent thing you have ever posted !!!

Keep up the good work ! :lol::D:lol::jump::ThmbUp:

newtothegame
07-11-2010, 09:23 PM
I did not ignore it. I felt I did not know enough to discuss it intelligently. It was obvious that Cornerstone was run by people who had little or no expertise in the field. In that case Russell Kanjorski was the head of the company. Along with other nephews of Rep. Kanjorski and Kanjorski's daughter they set up a firm they were ill-suited to run.
I think it was more a case of a bunch of incompetents getting in over their heads than a deliberate attempt to scam the taxpayers. At worst the attitude was "Let's try this and the government can bail us out"

As far as Russell Kanjorski working got Abound Solar as a VP of marketing, it very well could be that he was hired because of his connections. That does not mean the company is a bad risk. You can read about the company here:
http://www.abound.com/

It's never stopped you before......:lol:

mostpost
07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
It's never stopped you before......:lol:
So happy that I could play straight man to so many comedians.

newtothegame
07-11-2010, 09:56 PM

Well, you have to admit, you did kind of walk into that one lol.....
And when given the opportunity, you have made many of us pay for our "slips" lol

bigmack
07-12-2010, 12:52 AM
I can't help myself. I pretty much clown around about everything, particularly the absurd.

Somehow I feel bad in this case as I know you're well intended and do your homework. If there were someone on the opposing camp that would like to get nit-picky I think it would work well for you.

You may have run-out of those willing to engage because many of your positions come from cutting open the subject in such a detailed fashion.

I agree, there is a never ending start of another thread slamming BO. Too many threads started lately of that ilk.

mostpost
07-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Well, you have to admit, you did kind of walk into that one lol.....
And when given the opportunity, you have made many of us pay for our "slips" lol
What you wear in your private time is none of my concern. :rolleyes:

newtothegame
07-12-2010, 08:18 AM
What you wear in your private time is none of my concern. :rolleyes:

C'mon mosty...even your humor can't be this bad...can it?????