PDA

View Full Version : Welts from ants?

jognlope
07-10-2010, 08:26 AM
I dont' think it's bed bugs, but threw out my futon anyway, lousy thing from Walmart. Going to get a memory foam in a few minutes and maybe, maybe there is an air conditioner remaining on the shelf at Walmart. They're getting sold in upstate NY in an hour after the truck arrives. This heat just about did me in.

Anyway.... I solve the ant problem with using white vinegar, siping down every surface in the kitchen and putting chili powder in places.

But the welts, can you get them from ants or was it bed bugs, if you know ...?

Dave Schwartz
07-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Benedryl. Welts are caused by an allergic reaction.

Tom
07-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Dave, are you missing any ants?

jognlope
07-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Bad boy bad boy....

I don't like Benadryl cuz of the epinephrine, shakes next day, but yer right, I should at least have it on hand. Those suckers are gonna be out of here once I plummet them with cayenne pepper. but the first two things worked so far.

Don't leave meat out, even a speck.

46zilzal
07-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Bad boy bad boy....

I don't like Benadryl cuz of the epinephrine, shakes next day, but yer right, I should at least have it on hand. Those suckers are gonna be out of here once I plummet them with cayenne pepper. but the first two things worked so far.

There is NO epinephrine in Benadryl or Diphenhydramine hydrochloride which works to block H1 receptor sites and is a Sodium channel blocker. Doesn't cause any release of endogenous Epi also.

Dave Schwartz
07-10-2010, 02:35 PM
So, what should she take?

Greyfox
07-10-2010, 02:44 PM
But the welts, can you get them from ants or was it bed bugs, if you know ...?

Consider Spiders?? They can leave dang good sized welts.

Rookies
07-10-2010, 03:07 PM
It doesn't sound like bed bugs, but I'm no expert! On the subject, TO is spikeing with this terrible pest and they aren't fun to get rid of, nor is it funny to anyone associated with them. The following story conveys what you are up against.

http://www.torontolife.com/features/the-itch-bedbug-infestation-toronto/

In Toronto, because it is a city populated by almost every country on earth, there are huge migrations of vacationers around the globe. So- inevitable- but a BIG public health scourge.

Because of it, when I/ the family comes home from a winter vacation, all the bags are left outside in the garage for several days to ensure that the little buggers are frozen- solid ! ;) I don't want the mini war that lady had.

Tom
07-10-2010, 04:10 PM
So, what should she take?\

Two aspirin and call him in the morning.

xtb
07-10-2010, 04:24 PM
The one thing I've found that gets rid of ants, (the small ones, not carpenter ants) is this stuff called Terro Liquid Ant Bait. There are two kinds of small ants that infest your house, sweet eating ants and grease eating ants. Terro out of the box is meant for the sweet eating ants. When I tried it, it did nothing, they didn't go near it. Then I read where you need to mix a little oil into it for it to work on the grease eating ants. I mixed a little olive oil into it and put a few drops on the cardboard squares like your supposed to and within a few hours, there were masses of ants eating the stuff. Within 3 days, the ants were completely gone and I haven't seen a single ant in over 4 months. They take the stuff back to their nests and it wipes them out, it works great!

Greyfox
07-10-2010, 04:45 PM
They take the stuff back to their nests and it wipes them out, it works great!

Borax and icing sugar does the same thing.

jognlope
07-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Ok thanks. I hope it's not spiders! No new bites since my home remedy, but I heard of borax, afraid a little of using because of cats, didn't hear of Terro.

WinterTriangle
07-10-2010, 06:39 PM
The one thing I've found that gets rid of ants, (the small ones, not carpenter ants) is this stuff called Terro Liquid Ant Bait.

The bomb!

Tried every old wive's tale fix, including the vinegar, powdered sugar+borax+boric acid, bleach + water,,,,,,,the Terro Liquid Ant Bait is the only thing that works on sugar ants.

Works on just about any ant, actually, including carpenters.

Welts. Sounds like fleas? Even if you don't have animals, you could pick one up this time of year. *One* flea and I get welts everywhere, as the same one keeps biting. You could have put outside and sprayed it.

I would not have thrown the mattress out.

I had memory foam, hated it. Absorbs humidity like crazy. And house smells. Very pourous and dense, doesn't breath.

bigmack
07-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Welts? Could be paranormal activity. Spirits and/or ghosts may be giving you a lashing or beating with a stick or belt while you're in slumberland.

I'd contact either a ghostbuster, paranormal expert or perhaps a Priest experienced in exorcisms.

jognlope
07-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Well I won't buy memoryfoam, guuurrroooss.

Hanover1
07-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Welts? Could be paranormal activity. Spirits and/or ghosts may be giving you a lashing or beating with a stick or belt while you're in slumberland.

I'd contact either a ghostbuster, paranormal expert or perhaps a Priest experienced in exorcisms.

Tis could eventually lead to spontanious combustion......

jognlope
07-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Well I'm' up early, figured I'd work, from a bad dream about giant ants and corn kernels in some hotel.