PDA

View Full Version : curious whats the biggest score you hit

precocity
07-09-2010, 10:08 AM
the ponies? for me it was a good day at the track about 5 yrs ago, went in with 250 left out with 16k plus...no IRS tickets just wps bets its like I had esp or something. started out hitting big at calder on a 9-1 and i had 300 to wp on a 16 to one on louisiana downs and alot in between, just a great day the biggest on one bet was 4800 on a dollar tri betting churchill downs cost me 24 to box....I just play ex-tri and wps i know alot of you guys probably hit the pick 6 and other great hits post them :ThmbUp:

markgoldie
07-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Think we had another thread recently on this subject. The OP was, like yourself, probably in the employ of the IRS. :D

precocity
07-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Think we had another thread recently on this subject. The OP was, like yourself, probably in the employ of the IRS. :D
not me brother!!!!

ernie simons
07-09-2010, 10:28 AM
I was walking downtown with my brother in law last year when he told me he just got a job with the IRS.
Just before I pushed him in front of a UPS truck, he told me one of their code names was precocity.
Hope this helps. Maybe even save somebodys life.

Fingal
07-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm saving these type of stories for the next time I go fishing.

andymays
07-09-2010, 11:27 AM
This was as close to a perfect day as it gets. Too bad it was so long ago.

harness2008
07-09-2010, 04:34 PM
November 15th, 1994 Aqueduct

Nailed the first 8 races which included the early double, PIC6 on races 3 thru 8 with 4 conso's also, the late PIC3 which were races 6 thru 8. Went home and didn't play the ninth.

Pocketed over 7 grand and it was so easy like picking favorites. Haven't had a day like that since but that particular day to about a week after, I was in the proverbial zone and could do nothing wrong.

precocity
07-09-2010, 04:54 PM
November 15th, 1994 Aqueduct

Nailed the first 8 races which included the early double, PIC6 on races 3 thru 8 with 4 conso's also, the late PIC3 which were races 6 thru 8. Went home and didn't play the ninth.

Pocketed over 7 grand and it was so easy like picking favorites. Haven't had a day like that since but that particular day to about a week after, I was in the proverbial zone and could do nothing wrong.

yep definitely you were in the zone!!! :ThmbUp:

precocity
07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I was walking downtown with my brother in law last year when he told me he just got a job with the IRS.
Just before I pushed him in front of a UPS truck, he told me one of their code names was precocity.
Hope this helps. Maybe even save somebodys life.

the name precocity was a grade 1 winning horse back in the day, use ur sarcasm for the illegal poker or drugs you do idiot!

speed
07-09-2010, 05:23 PM
the name precocity was a grade 1 winning horse back in the day, use ur sarcasm for the illegal poker or drugs you do idiot!

Take those winnings and buy a sense of humor.

Never thought a come back would include calling poker illegal. Then again an IRS agent might. :)

precocity
07-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Take those winnings and buy a sense of humor.

Never thought a come back would include calling poker illegal. Then again an IRS agent might. :)
yep :ThmbUp: I'm watching u

TEJAS KIDD
07-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Hit a 1000 trifecta on 7/7/07 to cash for $38400 and to finish 1st in a handicapping contest where 1st prize was $100,000. Dixie Chatter over Georgie Boy at the wire. The winning numbers were 9-1-7 (my birthday)
And don't worry Precocity. I'm already in the process of an audit for 2007.

thaskalos
07-09-2010, 07:21 PM
If the question was:

What was the most you have LOST in a day...how many would admit to losing a really high number?

TEJAS KIDD
07-09-2010, 07:34 PM
I lost 24426 on 4/7/07
Makes me ill to think about it. Back in the day when I was firing with both hands and feet.

precocity
07-09-2010, 09:05 PM
If the question was:

What was the most you have LOST in a day...how many would admit to losing a really high number?

hell lately for the last 3 weeks about 900 a week? won today though....about

precocity
07-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Hit a 1000 trifecta on 7/7/07 to cash for $38400 and to finish 1st in a handicapping contest where 1st prize was $100,000. Dixie Chatter over Georgie Boy at the wire. The winning numbers were 9-1-7 (my birthday)
And don't worry Precocity. I'm already in the process of an audit for 2007.

ddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm m :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

precocity
07-09-2010, 09:08 PM
most i lost in a day was about 2800......... :confused: couple of time? maybe a gee on the house money? sometimes the bud light talks to ya!!!!

ernie simons
07-09-2010, 09:17 PM

Damn hoss. It was just an attempt at a little humor. Lighten up.
Actually.....now that I think about it....all IRS agents are miserable humorless alcoholic bloodhounds.
This PROVES you're an IRS agent. You all but confessed in front of God and everybody.
You have been outted hoss. :cool:

precocity
07-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Damn hoss. It was just an attempt at a little humor. Lighten up.
Actually.....now that I think about it....all IRS agents are miserable humorless alcoholic bloodhounds.
This PROVES you're an IRS agent. You all but confessed in front of God and everybody.
You have been outted hoss. :cool:

UR A COOL YANK? :lol:

ernie simons
07-09-2010, 09:25 PM
UR A COOL YANK? :lol:
Nope. Confederate.

thespaah
07-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Had a buddy come down for the weekend we went to Belmont on what was then Marlboro Cup day.
Probably 1984 or so. We were just unconscious.
Back then I was real low budget. Max amount in the pocket to start the day was $100.
We both walked out with nearly $1000 in our pockets...each..
I think I missed the 1st race and hit every one thereafter. We hauled ass after the big race....

My biggest single score ever was a $400 exacta.
Also, after evening classes at the community college, I decided to go to the Meadowlands and catch a few races. I had like $25 in my pocket.
Walked out with about $250 after cashing on 4 races out of like 5.
Again, this may seem trivial to some of you big multi-track everyday players. But it was big bucks to me.

PhantomOnTour
07-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Oddly enough, my biggest single race score came when my namesake (POT) beat your namesake in the New Orleans Handicap. Set the track record for 9f that still stands...went off around 8-1 or so...you were the chalk.

I did hit 14 winners in a row over a two day period at FG during a ridiculous speed bias about 7yrs ago. Hit the last 7 on day one and the first 7 on day two. It was amazing as my father was there to share it with me....good times.

Sunday Silence
07-10-2010, 01:01 AM
2 years ago Maiden 8K claimer (I love maiden claimers). Saw a horse who broke to the lead in debut, had the lead turning for home and then faded to 3rd. Next time out horse some trouble at the break and didn't fire, as 2nd outs often do. Low percentage trainer (Ellen Jackson) and jockey (B. Harvey). But still - speed is good in maiden claimers and the horse had an excuse. I think 20-1 morning line. 2 high percentage barns in the race (Hollendorfer and Steve Sherman), 12 horse field. Those 2 guys were winning at close to .40, so I thought one would win, while hoping the 20-1 would finish 2nd or 3rd. So I keyed the 2 win barns on top (Hollendorfer 8-5, Sherman 11-1) with the Jackson horse in 2nd and 3rd to all in $1 tri's. Then watch the tote as Jackson horse goes to 30-1, 40-1, 50-1 - ends up at EIGHTY-1. Jackson horse goes to the lead, turning for home goes up 2, and then Sherman horse comes along the rail to win by 1, Jackson horse clear 2nd, photo 3 lengths back for 3rd. I'm shaking at this point. Put the photo up, 55-1 shot comes in 3rd. So 11-1 to 80-1 to 55-1 in a 12 horse field. Pays $10,300. Sweet, sweet day.

precocity
07-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Oddly enough, my biggest single race score came when my namesake (POT) beat your namesake in the New Orleans Handicap. Set the track record for 9f that still stands...went off around 8-1 or so...you were the chalk.

I did hit 14 winners in a row over a two day period at FG during a ridiculous speed bias about 7yrs ago. Hit the last 7 on day one and the first 7 on day two. It was amazing as my father was there to share it with me....good times.

haha remember that race? had 100$ across the Bord on precocity in the oak lawn handicap went off as a 12-1.... :jump: :ThmbUp: :jump:

precocity
07-10-2010, 01:38 AM
2 years ago Maiden 8K claimer (I love maiden claimers). Saw a horse who broke to the lead in debut, had the lead turning for home and then faded to 3rd. Next time out horse some trouble at the break and didn't fire, as 2nd outs often do. Low percentage trainer (Ellen Jackson) and jockey (B. Harvey). But still - speed is good in maiden claimers and the horse had an excuse. I think 20-1 morning line. 2 high percentage barns in the race (Hollendorfer and Steve Sherman), 12 horse field. Those 2 guys were winning at close to .40, so I thought one would win, while hoping the 20-1 would finish 2nd or 3rd. So I keyed the 2 win barns on top (Hollendorfer 8-5, Sherman 11-1) with the Jackson horse in 2nd and 3rd to all in $1 tri's. Then watch the tote as Jackson horse goes to 30-1, 40-1, 50-1 - ends up at EIGHTY-1. Jackson horse goes to the lead, turning for home goes up 2, and then Sherman horse comes along the rail to win by 1, Jackson horse clear 2nd, photo 3 lengths back for 3rd. I'm shaking at this point. Put the photo up, 55-1 shot comes in 3rd. So 11-1 to 80-1 to 55-1 in a 12 horse field. Pays $10,300. Sweet, sweet day.
well dam!!!!! :ThmbUp:

precocity
07-10-2010, 01:40 AM
about a year ago i looked up PhantomOnTour and it said deceased? what happen to him? :confused:

shouldacoulda
07-11-2010, 05:48 AM
My biggest score was a $1170.00 trifecta at Hawthorne last October :jump: . Played it 2$ straight at my local OTB. After their take out on top of the take out from the pools only got $1040.00 :( . I used the money to fill up the heating oil tank and open a ADW account. I felt like I was robbed after the take off the top and I haven't been back to OTB since and I don't miss it. That's the nice thing about the ADW. I don't have to hang around waiting for a race. At home I can just go do something else until the race I want comes up :cool: .

Cubsfan
07-11-2010, 10:58 AM
My biggest score was yesterday....not as big as some of yours but it's mine and I'll take it.

07/10/10 Hollywood Park 5 c $1.00 EXA 1,4,5/1,2,4,5,7,8,10 $18.00 $0.00 $855.90

andymays
07-11-2010, 11:02 AM
My biggest score was yesterday....not as big as some of yours but it's mine and I'll take it.

07/10/10 Hollywood Park 5 c $1.00 EXA 1,4,5/1,2,4,5,7,8,10 $18.00 $0.00 $855.90

Good hit but you also had the tri and super. I know it would have cost a lot more but a 10 cent super gets you around $3200.

garyscpa
07-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Good hit but you also had the tri and super. I know it would have cost a lot more but a 10 cent super gets you around $3200.

Hey, you don't have to call him "stupid." He already admitted he was a Cubs fan. :lol:

andymays
07-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey, you don't have to call him "stupid." He already admitted he was a Cubs fan. :lol:

I certainly wouldn't call him that and he was probably on a limited bankroll. If I counted all the wrong moves I've made in my handicapping life it would take forever. ;)

Carry on Cubsfan. Next time you'll get the exacta, tri, and super. :ThmbUp:

garyscpa
07-11-2010, 11:26 AM
I certainly wouldn't call him that and he was probably on a limited bankroll. If I counted all the wrong moves I've made in my handicapping life it would take forever. ;)

Carry on Cubsfan. Next time you'll get the exacta, tri, and super. :ThmbUp:

You do know I was just kidding, right? :kiss:

uncbossfan
07-11-2010, 11:41 AM
2 years ago during Keeneland spring meet. Played golf that morning and shot an 84 - still the best round of my life. Then went to River Downs to play Keeneland. First race there I saw a horse I had won about $250 on last year. I figured why not play $20 cross since I was up on him. Winner at 6-1. Now I'm up so I fire 20 across again, 7-1 shot, winner. Then the feature is a turf race, with lone speed. She barely holds on at 24-1, again 20 across.

Ended up somewhre around 1300 or 1400 after just 3 races.

That night my Heels beat Villanova in the Fnal 4 - easily capping one of the best days of my life!

andymays
07-11-2010, 11:44 AM
You do know I was just kidding, right? :kiss:

Of course. I just didn't want Cubsfan to feel too bad after feeling so good about the hit.

He'll crush em next time!

Cubsfan
07-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Very limited bankroll...had $22 left in my youbet account when I made the wager.

andymays
07-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Very limited bankroll...had $22 left in my youbet account when I made the wager.

Good score. It's even better when you're on short money and about to run out.

PhantomOnTour
07-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Can't begin to tell you how many times I hit with my tap out bet...amazing. Guess it really focuses my 'cappin, but give me $16 to bet on a race instead of $35 and I will probably hit it! :lol:

RUFFIAN-333
07-11-2010, 02:30 PM
My Biggest Thrills:
Sarava (Belmont) 70-1
Giacomo (Derby) 50-1
One Dreamer (Distaff) 47-1
Thunder Gulch (Derby) 26-1
Wild Syn (Bluegrass) 30-1

1 time I had a Boxed Trifecta of 3 LONG-LONGSHOTS that paid out $6K
but that was a once in a lifetime

What makes these so special is not only the HUGE PAYOUT but mainly the fact that I never do PP's...or 'Stats'

I simply go by:
Names
Grays
Sires

I get just as big a Thrill with NO money invested and just winning a contest!

My SCREAMS as the One-And-Only ZENYATTA WON the BC Classic were as outrageous as when I hit a longshot for money!

When ZENYATTA Won her 17th Straight, breaking the record of consecutive wins my Screams and racing heartbeats could be heard for miles!

My neighbors probably thought someone was getting murdered in my home!

I HAVE NOT BEEN THIS EXCITED OVER A HORSE IN YEARS TILL SHE CAME ALONG!
She SHOULD have been HOTY Both Years!

So even tho I used to go to a private Turf Club (OTB) every Saturday, stay all day, play 5 tracks...

My personal thrill has always been picking a LONGSHOT who wins, money or not!

AWESOME GEM gave me that kind of moment yesterday!

Have adored him forever and have been let down now + then with his losses

But yesterday had me shouting in joy over his win!

Bottom Line:
Its never been about Money
Its always been about the Horses

speed
07-11-2010, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=RUFFIAN-333]My Biggest Thrills:
Sarava (Belmont) 70-1
Giacomo (Derby) 50-1
One Dreamer (Distaff) 47-1
Thunder Gulch (Derby) 26-1
Wild Syn (Bluegrass) 30-1

1 time I had a Boxed Trifecta of 3 LONG-LONGSHOTS that paid out $6K
but that was a once in a lifetime

What makes these so special is not only the HUGE PAYOUT but mainly the fact that I never do PP's...or 'Stats'

I simply go by:
Names
Grays
Sires

I HAVE NOT BEEN THIS EXCITED OVER A HORSE IN YEARS TILL SHE CAME ALONG!
She SHOULD have been HOTY Both Years!

TVG's Ken Rudolph could have written this himself. ;)

Chainsaw
07-11-2010, 04:40 PM
When I lived in Miami I frequented the local tracks and during the Gulfstream meet I would always look for Andy Beyer and his track buddies and sit near them and try and eavesdrop. On one occasion I overhead one of them saying that on days when they are back on the turf after a period of rain, the course favored speed.

Years later, I snuck away from work to play that angle at my local otb. It looked like one horse might get the lead and I keyed it over 2 other logical horses in exactas. I was in a hurry, so I pre bet not knowing the odds. Later, I checked the results on my computer and I had the exacta 10 times at $596. I drove to the otb the next morning and the barely had the cash on hand to pay me, so they had to pay me in all denominations. I had huge stacks of bills. I had to go into the bathroom to find places to stash the bills. Just below $6000, so I didn't even have to pay taxes. I laughed all the way home.

furlong
07-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Just luv it when it comes under that $600 wire

:ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
07-11-2010, 11:22 PM
When I was in college and was picking my spots to bet $2, I had $5 on a 61/1 shot. $300 was a bunch of money to me back then. I have had a lot bigger days since, but none that I enjoyed more.

nijinski
07-11-2010, 11:50 PM
About 16 or so years back.
The Merry Annabell , Meadowlands.
Thought I'd just have fun with the race so crossed off all the 2 yo
trotting fillys that broke stride before , left me with 2 longshots that
somehow had Campbell and LaChance riding these outclassed fillys.
Favorites broke!

Mine were 1-2 and I made about $1800 , knee's were shaking.
After that hit , I haven't been able to repeat those conditions again.

bigmack
07-12-2010, 12:10 AM
This was as close to a perfect day as it gets. Too bad it was so long ago.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/7_11_10_21_08_57.png

Is that what you's talkin' about?

phatbastard
07-12-2010, 12:12 AM
my second trip to a dog track..

shared a table with an older black gentleman who worked for a kennell

let him share my drf with me as we were playing both sides

had a couple winners and i steered him onto a 14-1 at laurel

he starts telling about a dog in last race that was fast as all get out, but had missed a couple weeks and still wasn't entirely over some type of malady

last race arrives and not really knowing much about capping canines, i undertook my mission

eliminated the 3-5 sick dog, and played next fastest pups as i saw it

played 5 Q 4-6....4 tri 4w 6-7.....2 super 4w 671.....

25 invested......6,372 dollars returned [irs loved my choice of ticket denominations]

chased that hit for 5 years b4 i figured i can't hit another.. but still love

Derby Lane

ps...next day old dude was there....he made couple hundred himself and wouldn't take a cent...but enjoyed a bottomless cup of beer all day

miesque
07-12-2010, 12:47 AM
It have been nice reading all of these posts because it is really why we are all in the game so to speak, the pursuit if a memorable score, the rush associated with hitting and the swagger to go with being right at least at that point in time (because lets face it, this is a very humbling game at time). I would normally answer the question that was posed but since about two months ago I was basically accused by a member on here about misrepresenting or touting past scores, I will decline.

soupman2
07-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Hit the Derby exacta's with Monarchos/Invisible Ink ($1229- twice. I actually hanicapped the race) and then last year- Mine That Bird/Pioneer of the Nile ($2074). OK, I admit it, the only reason why I hit this one is my daughters birthday is 8-16. Box all my kids birthdays in triple crown races.

My best hit however, was one night my YouBet account was down to $2. I keyed a CalExpo trifecta and went to bed. At this time my business was in the process of folding and I didn't have money for the mortgage. Woke up the next morning and for the heck of it, I checked my account. There was $2600 in it! This hit bought me a few extra months.

andymays
07-12-2010, 08:52 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/7_11_10_21_08_57.png

Is that what you's talkin' about?

That's not the right number bigmack. I downloaded that because it was free and I think the company that put out the charts was just getting started at the time.

I hit the early double and every pick 3 for the day as well. I believe back then the pick 3's were for $3. Even without the pick 6 it would have been a real good day.

Every horse got a perfect trip. With 3 legs to go I put in a $25 pick 3 ticket using the horse I had in the pick 6 and the favorite just in case the favorite beat me. The favorite ran last.

I always laugh when I hear people talk about life changing scores because if you're young and wild you can just about kill yourself if you try hard enough. Back then it was drinking, gambling, chasing women, bar fights and other self destructive behavior.

They tell me I had a good time. ;)

Track Phantom
07-12-2010, 12:48 PM
April 16th of this year. I was traveling for work and found myself in Tampa. It was a Friday night and I was required to stay in Tampa for the weekend. I was planning on going to Tampa Bay Downs the next day so I pulled down the PP's for TB for Saturday and was looking through them.

Anyway, I decided to take a break from that and bet Los Al. It was about 5 minutes to the 1st race so I started looking at a pick 4. I had about $60 in my Twin Spires account so I had to make the pick 4 kind of cheap.

The first race was a 4 1/2 furlong race. There was a 3-5 in the race. I decided to single a horse that went off at 5-2 (think it was bet down a bit). My horse took the lead turning for home but the favorite was full of run. The fav got boxed in and by the time he got out he came up a nose short.

I went 8 deep in the second leg. It was a QH race that I didn't really look at. There were 10 runners and I tossed out 2 longshots to make my ticket smaller. The 10 was the favorite and got up to beat a 40-1 that I had on my ticket. Funny enough, they took down the favored 10 and moved up my 40-1. Now I started to get interested.

In the 3rd leg, I singled a 15-1 shot in a 4 1/2 furlong race. He made a bold move on the turn, took the lead into the stretch and held on by a desperate head. He ended up going off at 17-1.

In the last leg, I had 4 of 7 in a QH race. I still remember the 1 paying $5,000 if it won, the 3 paying $12,000. The 8 paying $21,000 and the 7 paying $42,000. The 7 broke on top and it was a duel between the 7 and 8 with the 8 getting up. I ended up having 1 of 4 winning tickets for $21,000. I was extremely happy even though it was very close to being double that amount.

So, my ticket was 1 x 8 x 1 x 4 = $32.00 and got back $21,000.00. I then went on a stretch of 12 IRS tickets in a week and didn't dramtically raise my bets. I guess when good luck happens in this game, it all comes at once.