PDA

View Full Version : Babs and the Intelligentsia turn on Bammy

JustRalph
07-09-2010, 05:17 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-07-07/aspen-ideas-festival-obama-loses-support-of-nations-elite/?cid=hp:beastoriginalsL3

The Elite Turn Against Obama
by Lloyd Grove
July 7, 2010 | 6:46am
Niall Ferguson at the 2010 Aspen Ideas Festival on July 6th. (Photo: Daniel Bayer / Aspen Ideas Festival) Even the Aspen Ideas Festival, an annual gathering of the country's brightest lights, isn't Obama country anymore. Lloyd Grove on the president's waning support among the intelligentsia.

You’d think the well-heeled and enlightened eggheads at the Aspen Ideas Festival—which is running all week in this fashionable resort town with heady panel discussions and earnest disquisitions involving all manner of deep thinkers and do-gooders—would be receptive to an intellectually ambitious president with big ideas of his own.

In a way, the folks attending this cerebral conclave pairing the Aspen Institute think tank with the Atlantic Monthly magazine might even be seen as President Obama’s natural base.

from the link:

Zuckerman added that he detects in the Obama White House “hostility to the very kinds of [business] culture that have made this the great country that it is and was. I think we have to find some way of dealing with that or else we will do great damage to this country with a public policy that could ruin everything.”

Barbara Streisand Applauding this stuff is very telling.......although I think she is nuts.........

Funny when Rush Limbaugh said he was destroying the country, by going after big business.......they called him crazy........a year later.......they are applauding it ?

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2010, 12:24 AM
But what exactly did these people EXPECT from Obama?

WE KNEW what to expect, but what did THEY EXPECT?

Tom
07-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Babs would be engrossed in a good game of hide and seek. For days.

She's a real Randi Rhodes Scholar. :lol:

boxcar
07-10-2010, 12:34 AM

You know what? These two-bit, pseudo-intellectual phonies knowing what they know now, and if they had it do all over again...I betcha the vast majority of them would vote again for BO. No matter what they must be loyal to the Party. They're going to make such good little commies.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
07-10-2010, 01:28 AM
"Babs and the intelligentsia"?
:lol: :lol:

JustRalph
07-10-2010, 04:26 AM

Very interesting question.........two avenues of thought for me.

1. He would run even more aggressively with a more left agenda

2. He would magically issue exec orders like crazy and using his superior knowledge and taste for extended contemplation, solve the worlds problems.

Both pie in da sky notions that go along with electing a messiah

Those of us who saw through the entire charade and realized he wasn't qualified, without any true executive experience knew there would be Jimmy Carter like plodding leadership.

The guy never had a real job, never ran a state. Got elected to his Senate seat because some stupid actress got pissed at her husband for suggesting they become swingers.............

I saw a lady wearing this T-shirt out shopping the other day

http://www.blujay.com/1/305/2669551_s1_i1.jpg

I almost laughed in her face, but then I realized what a farce it is to have these two men together on the same shirt and I kind of felt bad for her.

ElKabong
07-10-2010, 10:30 AM
speaking of obama hype (t shirts and bumper stickers) it's very common in north Tx to see people in cars point and laugh at drivers in cars with obama bumper stickers...they just look at the driver, point to their rear windows and laugh...took me weeks to figure out WTF they were doing

you know it's bad when you get laughed at over your political bumper sticker

JustRalph
07-10-2010, 06:02 PM
I saw an Obama/Biden sticker on a car today that also had a sticker that said

" Civil Marriage is a Civil right" what the hell that means I don't know

Tom
07-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey ELH....seen any FUBO stickers down there yet?

Steve 'StatMan'
07-10-2010, 07:07 PM
I saw an Obama/Biden sticker on a car today that also had a sticker that said

" Civil Marriage is a Civil right" what the hell that means I don't know

Likely a rationalization/justification for some regarding same sex marriages.