PDA

View Full Version : New Black Panther leader sets sights on Glenn Beck and the Tea Party

andymays
07-08-2010, 03:27 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/08/new-black-panther-leader-sets-sights-on-glenn-beck-and-the-tea-party/

Excerpt:

Just one month after three members of the New Black Panther Party were cleared of any wrongdoing in a 2008 voter intimidation case, the organization’s chairman announced that the New Black Panthers aren’t done harassing people for no apparent reason.

In a videotaped interview with Mediaite’s Tommy Christopher, NBPP Chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz said, “[Beck] can bring his Tea Party, and we’ll bring our party, and we’ll see Glenn Beck.”

Shabazz is referring to a rally that Beck will lead on August 28 at the Lincoln Memorial—the same day and place of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.’s famous “I have a dream” speech.

“Glenn Beck should not be allowed to have this rally,” Shabazz told Christopher. “Glenn Beck is a sneaky little devil, and he does sneaky things, and tries to portray that he’s really not the neo-racist that he really is. And for him to go and to secure the Lincoln Memorial on Dr. King’s birthday will meet not only opposition from civil rights leaders, but it’s going to meet direct opposition from the New Black Panther Party.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/08/new-black-panther-leader-sets-sights-on-glenn-beck-and-the-tea-party/#ixzz0t7Xxulem

TJDave
07-08-2010, 03:39 PM
It's a tough call. :rolleyes:

prospector
07-08-2010, 04:28 PM
wonder if holder will be in panther uniform..
he should be..

bigmack
07-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Ran in to this quote regarding The New BPP:

As guardian of the true history of the Black Panther Party, the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation, which includes former leading members of the Party, denounces this group's exploitation of the Party's name and history. Failing to find its own legitimacy in the black community, this band would graft the Party's name upon itself, which we condemn...

They denigrate the Party's name by promoting concepts absolutely counter to the revolutionary principles on which the Party was founded...

The Black Panthers were never a group of angry young militants full of fury toward the "white establishment." The Party operated on love for black people, not hatred of white people.

Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation: "There Is No New Black Panther Party"

BlueShoe
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
This Shabazz goon is a marked man. He and his group have been getting a lot of exposure by Beck recently. The pity is, the comeuppance will not happen at the upcoming DC gathering. Almost surely there will be a very large law enforcement presence to prevent any rough stuff.

andymays
07-08-2010, 05:07 PM
This Shabazz goon is a marked man. He and his group have been getting a lot of exposure by Beck recently. The pity is, the comeuppance will not happen at the upcoming DC gathering. Almost surely there will be a very large law enforcement presence to prevent any rough stuff.

Megyn Kelly is interviewing Shabazzzzzz tomorrow.

ArlJim78
07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I think its wonderful that the new black panthers are now energized, speaking out, and getting lots of exposure. The right has the tea party energized and speaking out, the left now has the new black panthers with spokesman like this Shabazz fellow.

It should make for a great contrast as we head into election season.

JBmadera
07-08-2010, 05:41 PM
wonder if holder will be in panther uniform..
he should be..

great post........:ThmbUp:

toetoe
07-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Two things.

1) That's really Chris Rock, isn't it ? Sounds just like him, and it's laughable. I say it's Chris, jokin' around.

2) Anybody named Shabazz, with the possible exception of Betty, is trash. How about all the Shabazz Sistahs forming a vocal group ? Call it Shabazz Skaggs.

Repeat after me, apprentice magicians:

"Para Vigo me voy ... Malik ... Zulu ... Shabazz !!!

andymays
07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Hot Air Video: New Black Panther Party to meet Tea Party

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/08/video-new-black-panther-party-to-meet-tea-party/

bigmack
07-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Hot Air Video: New Black Panther Party to meet Tea Party

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/08/video-new-black-panther-party-to-meet-tea-party/
Holy Crackers, he refers to a Zionist conspiracy. Don't tell me Jackie Mason is involved. :eek:

8cN4YCCPNKo

Mike at A+
07-08-2010, 07:43 PM
The guy is on video calling for the murder of white babies. Why isn't there a warrant out for his arrest? That seems like a terroristic threat to me. Are Holder and Obama really that racist that they let this slide yet they are suing Arizona because the recently passed law MIGHT be subject to abuse by those bad white police officers. How the F did we allow this racist piece of excrement to be elected? Are there really THAT many stupid people in America?

delayjf
07-08-2010, 10:06 PM
secure the Lincoln Memorial on Dr. King’s birthday
Is this moron aware MLK was born on Jan 15???

toetoe
07-09-2010, 02:15 PM
8cN4YCCPNKo

Is this clown available for Tea Party duty ? :rolleyes: .

This genius is as rough and tumble as Ray Lewis, and every bit as intelligent. :lol: .

boxcar
07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Is this clown available for Tea Party duty ? :rolleyes: .

This genius is as rough and tumble as Ray Lewis, and every bit as intelligent. :lol: .

Hah...you're being a little hard on him. He's as bright as most libs on this forum. Nothing out of the ordinary. :D

Boxcar

Tom
07-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Obama's scum of the earth followers are getting uppity.

alytim
07-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Obama's scum of the earth followers are getting uppity.

I'm with you Tom. If we could just get another Bush in the oval office, America could make a comeback. Doesn't W. have a couple of no account brothers that could fill the bill.

ArlJim78
07-09-2010, 05:50 PM
We don't need any more Bush's.

Been there, done that twice now, time to move on.

bigmack
07-09-2010, 05:58 PM
We don't need any more Bush's.

Been there, done that twice now, time to move on.
I don't believe alytim was being sincere. Any slam of BO for some is met with a Bushism. Lesser or two evils or something like that. Or is it greater?

GaryG
07-09-2010, 06:04 PM
I am sure this upstanding American patriot is receiving funding from some left wing group....just look at that brave black man standing up to those racist teabaggers...he is a credit to his race, mmm mmm mmm.

alytim
07-09-2010, 06:33 PM
I am sure this upstanding American patriot is receiving funding from some left wing group....just look at that brave black man standing up to those racist teabaggers...he is a credit to his race, mmm mmm mmm.

Gary you're certainly a credit to your race. Still rockin' the stars and bars 145 years after the fact, mmm mmm mmm.

boxcar
07-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Gary you're certainly a credit to your race. Still rockin' the stars and bars 145 years after the fact, mmm mmm mmm.

Allow me to set you straight on something: Even if he were a racist, at least he must be credited with being open and honest about it -- very much unlike the deceivers in this current regime who pretend they're not but really are. It seems me, therefore, that Gary still has a leg up on them, as he is morally superior to the liars you like so much.

Boxcar

bigmack
07-09-2010, 06:44 PM
GG, ya got another one. Reel 'em in but leave out your USC Trojan years. :cool:

X3I_9o9dYbM

alytim
07-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Allow me to set you straight on something: Even if he were a racist, at least he must be credited with being open and honest about it -- very much unlike the deceivers in this current regime who pretend they're not but really are. It seems me, therefore, that Gary still has a leg up on them, as he is morally superior to the liars you like so much.

Boxcar

Well if he IS a morally superior racist that would change everything.

boxcar
07-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Well if he IS a morally superior racist that would change everything.

You bet. Might as well be open and honest about, and not like Holder and BO. Don't you have more respect for honest people with whom you disagree, as opposed to deceivers who say one thing but do another?

Boxcar

alytim
07-09-2010, 07:08 PM
You bet. Might as well be open and honest about, and not like Holder and BO. Don't you have more respect for honest people with whom you disagree, as opposed to deceivers who say one thing but do another?

Boxcar

I don't have respect for racists regardless of their race. I respect Obama as a man, I agree with very few of his policies.

boxcar
07-09-2010, 10:21 PM
I don't have respect for racists regardless of their race. I respect Obama as a man, I agree with very few of his policies.

I don't either. But I have more respect for an honest one than I do for a dishonest one. At least the honest one has some sense of honor and integrity to admit what he is. But a liar who conceals a matter is despicable on two counts -- for what he believes and for having neither of the above two qualities.

And while on the subject of liars, why do you respect BO "as a man"? I take it that you see some redeeming qualities in him? What would they be, if you don't mind me asking?

Boxcar

newtothegame
07-09-2010, 11:36 PM

Where was anything mentioned about racism AND race?? the question was about honesty and dishonesty. Personally, I don't know Gary...but one thing I do know is he is not shy about telling you his thoughts (right or wrong in others minds). I can respect a man who is willing to stand up for what he believes but have NO respect for a two bit liar like in the WH!

Tom
07-10-2010, 12:26 AM

At least if asked if he favored to kill BLACK babies, he would not hesitate for 4 seconds before fumbling to give an answer. Can't say that for this scumbag organization.

boxcar
07-10-2010, 12:31 AM
At least if asked if he favored to kill BLACK babies, he would not hesitate for 4 seconds before fumbling to give an answer. Can't say that for this scumbag organization.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing like Truth in Racism. If you're gonna be a racist, be man enough to stand up and be counted for what you believe. Don't be like this deplorable pathological liar in the WH.

Boxcar

alytim
07-10-2010, 09:41 AM

What scumbag organization? I hope there is a creative writing class in your future.

alytim
07-10-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't either. But I have more respect for an honest one than I do for a dishonest one. At least the honest one has some sense of honor and integrity to admit what he is. But a liar who conceals a matter is despicable on two counts -- for what he believes and for having neither of the above two qualities.

And while on the subject of liars, why do you respect BO "as a man"? I take it that you see some redeeming qualities in him? What would they be, if you don't mind me asking?

Boxcar

I respect President Obama as my equal. I respect all people until they show my respect is unwarrented.

Tom
07-10-2010, 10:36 AM
I respect President Obama as my equal. I respect all people until they show my respect is unwarrented.

:lol:That about sums up both of you for ME! :lol:

alytim
07-10-2010, 11:20 AM

Try to focus. What scumbag organization?

Tom
07-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Focus?
You don't even know what thread you are in.
Better bookmark this site - you will never find it twice! :lol:

alytim
07-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Focus?
You don't even know what thread you are in.
Better bookmark this site - you will never find it twice! :lol:

I thought I was on the Sons of the Confederacy forum. I'm not?

boxcar
07-10-2010, 12:38 PM

So, pathological, serial liars earn your respect? That tells me everything I need to know about you.

Boxcar
P.S. Trust you're coping well with your post-election buyers' remorse syndrome?

boxcar
07-10-2010, 12:43 PM
I thought I was on the Sons of the Confederacy forum. I'm not?

No, son, you took a wrong turn, which I'm beginning to suspect is something to which you're no stranger to doing. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

alytim
07-10-2010, 01:23 PM
So, pathological, serial liars earn your respect? That tells me everything I need to know about you.

Boxcar
P.S. Trust you're coping well with your post-election buyers' remorse syndrome?

I don't remember saying that I respect liars. Just curious, what qualifies Obama as a "pathological, serial liar"?

P.S. I voted for Bob Barr in 2008 election. Bought nothing, appreciate your concern.

rastajenk
07-10-2010, 02:48 PM
He talks.

boxcar
07-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't remember saying that I respect liars. Just curious, what qualifies Obama as a "pathological, serial liar"?

That's simple: When his lips move, he's lying. And when they're not, he's still lying by omission. Where have you been all these many months? You don't have very much going for you in the way of political awareness, do you? Try Googling BO's lies. Be prepared for numerous pages of links. :lol: :lol:

P.S. I voted for Bob Barr in 2008 election. Bought nothing, appreciate your concern.

Well, either way...I see that you have a penchant for liking and/or respecting losers. In this sense,then, you did buy something. ;)

Boxcar

alytim
07-10-2010, 03:25 PM
He talks.

What do you know about barbeque?

newtothegame
07-10-2010, 03:35 PM
How obvious it is when someone is trying to solicit racist material.....

Nice try aly...but everyone here is sharper then the average tack....
Suggest you get up to speed.

alytim
07-10-2010, 03:37 PM
That's simple: When his lips move, he's lying. And when they're not, he's still lying by omission. Where have you been all these many months? You don't have very much going for you in the way of political awareness, do you? Try Googling BO's lies. Be prepared for numerous pages of links. :lol: :lol:

Well, either way...I see that you have a penchant for liking and/or respecting losers. In this sense,then, you did buy something. ;)

Boxcar

I know it is usually fruitless to ask someone of your intellectual ilk to be specific, but be specific. What exactly has Obama done to garner the pathological, serial liar label. Don't repeat what the grand wizard had to say at the last meeting. One loser I don't like or respect is you.

alytim
07-10-2010, 03:42 PM
How obvious it is when someone is trying to solicit racist material.....

Nice try aly...but everyone here is sharper then the average tack....
Suggest you get up to speed.

Everyone? I suggest you try to make a coherent point.

Mike at A+
07-10-2010, 03:48 PM
I know it is usually fruitless to ask someone of your intellectual ilk to be specific, but be specific. What exactly has Obama done to garner the pathological, serial liar label. Don't repeat what the grand wizard had to say at the last meeting. One loser I don't like or respect is you.
All the speeches before hand picked audiences (actually SEIU plants) about how great the job situation is in America. Even Biden spouts the same nonsense. NO private sector jobs are being created because employers are scared stiff of being taxed out of business and being targeted if Obama thinks they make "too much".

Do a simple test that I've been doing for the past year. Write down the Dow Jones number when one of his televised speeches starts. Then watch what happens as his speech goes on.

Obama could turn this economy around with ONE SPEECH. He needs to announce tax incentives for businesses that hire people, an extension of the Bush tax cuts and start talking the truth because the American people already know what the truth is and for a president to go on TV and tell them the exact opposite of what they know to be the truth, it gives them the feeling that Obama is deliberately trashing the economy - WHICH HE IS and it's BY DESIGN.

boxcar
07-10-2010, 04:52 PM

For someone who has alleged to have voted for Barr, you sure are lazy. This kind of slothfulness speaks better to some clueless ObamaBucks slacker, rather than to a supposed Libertarian. You don't know how to use Google? You don't have a clue on how to avail yourself of all the information that is on the Information Super Highway? For that matter, have you ever learned to do anything for yourself, apart from the Nanny State holding your little hand and leading you by your leash? And you call me a loser!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boxcar
P.S. You surely have taken a wrong turn coming to this forum. Don't expect expect any conservative here to wet nurse you or change your diapers. We're big on such values as self-sufficiency, self-reliance, industriousness, etc. At the rate you're goin', you ain't gonna make it over here, son. ;)

JustRalph
07-10-2010, 05:48 PM

Here let me help you out..........

cfu1_Scgyow

More on some of his lies from above
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Obama+says+closed-door+meetings+on+health+care+were+a+mistake&articleId=b22be0dc-aaf1-40dc-9cd7-72b5a4afe9b4

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/promise/234/allow-five-days-of-public-comment-before-signing-b/

Pell Mell
07-10-2010, 05:49 PM
:lol:That about sums up both of you for ME! :lol:

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Pell Mell
07-10-2010, 05:55 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:BkI3riaSTuFYnM:http://www.dvorak.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/3eh2ck.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dvorak.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/3eh2ck.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2008/05/31/group-plans-to-raise-giant-confederate-flag-over-tampa-what-could-possibly-go-wrong/&usg=__8w8rcmvYkt-TkQr5AUZ87YHz2VI=&h=504&w=348&sz=85&hl=en&start=6&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=BkI3riaSTuFYnM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=90&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcivil%2Bwar%2Bconfederate%2Bflag%2Bpi ctures%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1T4GGLL _enUS385US385%26tbs%3Disch:1) Love that flag!

toetoe
07-10-2010, 05:58 PM

Put an emoticon at the end; otherwise you remove all doubt. :p .

toetoe
07-10-2010, 06:00 PM
I respect President Obama as my equal.

What a horrible thing to say about yourself. Get some self esteem, man. C'mon. :jump: .

boxcar
07-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Here let me help you out..........

cfu1_Scgyow

More on some of his lies from above
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Obama+says+closed-door+meetings+on+health+care+were+a+mistake&articleId=b22be0dc-aaf1-40dc-9cd7-72b5a4afe9b4

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/promise/234/allow-five-days-of-public-comment-before-signing-b/

You spoil these "libertarians" (so-called). Only if he could have proved to me that he has just awaken from an 18-month long coma, or is a NASA astronaut who has been busily been divining for water on the moon with his divining rod for this length of time, would I have offered my expert help. Anything less than this, though, I have to assume he's in a self-imposed state of ignorance or in total denial. In either case, your video will surely fall on deaf ears.

Boxcar

toetoe
07-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Confederacy

Is that supposed to tar [oops !!! :eek: ] someone's reputation by association ? It's such a naughty word. Ooh, ah caint hardlee stand it !

ArlJim78
07-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Strike one - race baiting
Strike two - having no clue why Obama would be considered a liar
Strike three - voted for Bob Barr

thanks for playing AT, we have some lovely parting gifts for you.

boxcar
07-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Strike one - race baiting
Strike two - having no clue why Obama would be considered a liar
Strike three - voted for Bob Barr

What I did I tell ya, JR? I can smell the stench of a liberal a mile away, bar(r) none -- even those who say they voted for him. :D :D

Boxcar

bigmack
07-10-2010, 06:30 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/7_10_10_15_28_21.png

alytim
07-10-2010, 06:34 PM
For someone who has alleged to have voted for Barr, you sure are lazy. This kind of slothfulness speaks better to some clueless ObamaBucks slacker, rather than to a supposed Libertarian. You don't know how to use Google? You don't have a clue on how to avail yourself of all the information that is on the Information Super Highway? For that matter, have you ever learned to do anything for yourself, apart from the Nanny State holding your little hand and leading you by your leash? And you call me a loser!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boxcar
P.S. You surely have taken a wrong turn coming to this forum. Don't expect expect any conservative here to wet nurse you or change your diapers. We're big on such values as self-sufficiency, self-reliance, industriousness, etc. At the rate you're goin', you ain't gonna make it over here, son. ;)

Pay attention inbred, I asked you for the information, not google. By the way not everything you read on the "highway" is true. The only thing that burns my ass about your type is that my tax dollars pays for your entitlements. You wouldn't recognize a conservative if one landed on you.

boxcar
07-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Pay attention inbred, I asked you for the information, not google. By the way not everything you read on the "highway" is true. The only thing that burns my ass about your type is that my tax dollars pays for your entitlements. You wouldn't recognize a conservative if one landed on you.

And I'm under no obligation to oblige a fool Only the willfully ignorant or someone with his head stuck in some unseemly body orifice the last 18 months would need to ask for this very well known, well publicized information. That's why I didn't bite at your stupid bait, especially since in your case you're probably guilty of both. :D :D

Your tax dollars!? Yeah, right! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You must be talking about some ObamaBucks program that is paying you, but you're probably so self-deceived you have come to believe this is your tax dollars at work -- that you've earned it. :D If we were living in the 18th century, you might be qualified to work as a rat catcher. But alas, were' in the 21st, and you're plumb out of options, son. A broken tip lead pencil with no eraser probably has more smarts than you. :lol:

Boxcar

cj's dad
07-10-2010, 09:06 PM

Another classy post by a left wing liberal here on PA - keep up the good work - anyone with a brain can read through the hatred !!!!!

cj's dad
07-10-2010, 09:11 PM
After going back and reading your 40+ posts I have come to the conclusion that you are a ---- !

alytim
07-10-2010, 09:58 PM
After going back and reading your 40+ posts I have come to the conclusion that you are a ---- !

Since you've done your homework, you may go to bed. just remember to say night night to your "conservative" idols, Sarah, Newt, Rush, Glen......

boxcar
07-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Since you've done your homework, you may go to bed. just remember to say night night to your "conservative" idols, Sarah, Newt, Rush, Glen......

Hey...Mr. Phony Libertarian, just who are your idols these days: BO, Hillary, Pelosi, Reid, Joe BiteMe, Al NotSo Sharp[ton], the Banking Queen, Senator Depends? :lol: :lol:

Boxcar
P.S. Have you learned how to Google, yet, or are you still slacking? :D

alytim
07-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Hey...Mr. Phony Libertarian, just who are your idols these days: BO, Hillary, Pelosi, Reid, J,oe BiteMe, Al NotSo Sharp[ton], the Banking Queen, Senator Depends? :lol: :lol:

Boxcar
P.S. Have you learned how to Google, yet, or are you still slacking? :D

Hammer and sickle boy, good to hear from you again. I don't lean to any of your picks, I'm more of a fan of Thomas Jefferson, too liberal for you?

Tom
07-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Did you mean George Jefferson?

ArlJim78
07-10-2010, 10:44 PM
fan of a wealthy white slave owner?:eek:
odd choice for an active race baiter.

JustRalph
07-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Troll Alert.............

cj's dad
07-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Troll Alert.............

Good call ralph !!

Candidate for the Iggy category !!

boxcar
07-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Hammer and sickle boy, good to hear from you again. I don't lean to any of your picks, I'm more of a fan of Thomas Jefferson, too liberal for you?

I believe I just heard Jefferson roll over in his grave. (Can't say I blame him.) :D

Boxcar
BTW, Mr. Bar(r)fly: When was the last time you saw a commie with a tag line like mine with a quote by a renowned Evangelical Christian who is quite critical of tryanny? Either your reading comp skills need some spit and polish (if you can extricate your head from out of the brass spittoon of your favorite watering hole), or you need to sign yourself in to the nearest Kool-Aid detox center. :D

newtothegame
07-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Everyone? I suggest you try to make a coherent point.

Point is...in your lame attempt to point out that others here are racist....,
You are the one using terms such as "boy", "small dix", "barbeque", comments in referrence to this being a southern klan forum, etc etc....
Know all about you and your type...

hcap
07-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Looking at Obama's campaign promises, he scores fairly well.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

Googling pathological liar probably does not include that fact. What you will find is the usual rightwing dumbed down echo chamber.

Limpbag, Palin and WorlNetDaily being the standouts.

rastajenk
07-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Still stuck in campaign mode? Just like Obamarama himself?Here's a recent lie. (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/07/obama-finalizes-plans-for-3rd-vacation-since-gulf-oil-spill-crisis-began/)

Tom
07-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Why doesn't George Bush wear shoes?

Because hcap is carrying him everywhere. :lol:

wes
07-11-2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/720045/the_truth_about_the_black_panther_party_pg5.html

wes

boxcar
07-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Looking at Obama's campaign promises, he scores fairly well.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

Googling pathological liar probably does not include that fact. What you will find is the usual rightwing dumbed down echo chamber.

Limpbag, Palin and WorlNetDaily being the standouts.

Yo, 'cap, when did Politifact sprout wings and become angels? All of a sudden they're America's truth monitors? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

JustRalph
07-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Try this lie............one of the latest

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/103159-white-house-says-it-could-contain-90-percent-of-oil-spilling-per-day-by-months-en?page=2

White House says it could contain 90 percent of spilling oil
By Michael O'Brien - 06/15/10 07:27 AM ET

The Obama administration's plan to contain oil leaking from a deepwater pipeline could be sucking up as much as 90 percent of the spewing oil by the end of June.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Tuesday that the strategy BP is pursuing — at the behest of the federal government — will have a high efficiency rate in containing the oil spill by the time the end of this month rolls around.

more at the link

mhYSgPZ41WU

rastajenk
07-11-2010, 09:30 PM
"Now watch this putt..."

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Pay attention inbred, I asked you for the information, not google. By the way not everything you read on the "highway" is true. The only thing that burns my ass about your type is that my tax dollars pays for your entitlements. You wouldn't recognize a conservative if one landed on you.You denigrate the entire forum with your "Sons of the C" bullshit and now you call people names? You don't engage in any type of honest, genuine debate. You'd rather call people names and imply that everyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist.

What more do you have to offer here except time wasted?

newtothegame
07-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Fine upstanding bunch there aly...good looking out for them lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9vadcdgzjI

newtothegame
07-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Hmmmm more voter fraud????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccbd4DbpS4c

toetoe
07-12-2010, 04:26 PM
The only thing that burns my ass about your type is that my tax dollars pays for your entitlements.

At least two things pain me in the post quoted above:

1) The contention that only one thing burns you about his type (a vast understatement, I suspect), and

2) The failure of the noun and the verb to agree in number. :bang: .

boxcar
07-12-2010, 05:41 PM
At least two things pain me in the post quoted above:

1) The contention that only one thing burns you about his type (a vast understatement, I suspect), and

2) The failure of the noun and the verb to agree in number. :bang: .

Oh, oh...you just outed a grad from DumbDown U.

Boxcar

andymays
07-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Video: Geraldo and Malik Shabazz argue for 15 minutes

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/12/video-geraldo-and-malik-shabazz-argue-for-15-minutes/

JustRalph
07-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Video: Geraldo and Malik Shabazz argue for 15 minutes

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/12/video-geraldo-and-malik-shabazz-argue-for-15-minutes/

It's not very often that I question the 1st Amendment

but after watching this sometimes I wonder

hcap
07-13-2010, 05:53 AM
OOPS, Can't help it.
Bush again.

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/adam_serwer_archive?month=07&year=2010&base_name=when_was_the_new_black_panther

"The case was downgraded to a civil case 11 days before Obama was inaugurated, 26 days before Eric Holder became attorney general, and about nine months before Thomas Perez was confirmed as
head of the Civil Rights Division."

"At any rate, the decision to approve not going forward with the civil case was still made a month before Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandes joined the DoJ and sometime afterward supposedly issued a decree against cases involving minority defendants."

More OOPses

http://mediamatters.org/research/201007070020

bigmack
07-13-2010, 08:14 AM
OOPS, Can't help it.
Bush again.
More OOPses
One more oops. You're in the wrong thread, Einstein.

Look for one starting with 'Ex-official'

As well as, don'tcha have to be under 15 to read MediaMatters? :p

hcap
07-13-2010, 09:10 AM
You tea slurping cons were babbling about Malik Zulu Shabazz and Geraldo

Just thought I would point out that the Depart of Justice lawsuit against the New Black Panthers of whom Shabazz is head, was dropped under bush junior

I know there is another nonsense thread about "how the Obama administration is biased against whites"

So what?

You delusionals and Faux have been motor mouthing this for a while. Usual exaggerations

rastajenk
07-13-2010, 09:32 AM
The comments in your first link there don't do much to support the notion that this all happened under Bush. Looks more like this Serwer guy just cobbled together some loose items to fit his interpretation of the situation.

hcap
07-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Bull

From Server

From the testimony of Thomas Perez, head of the Civil Rights Division, before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights in May:

http://blog.prospect.org/blog/adam_serwer/Perez%20Testimony.jpg

This means that the case was downgraded to a civil case 11 days before Obama was inaugurated, 26 days before Eric Holder became attorney general, and about nine months before Thomas Perez was confirmed as head of the Civil Rights Division.

http://www.bartcop.com/angers-me-obama.jpg

dartman51
07-13-2010, 09:41 AM
You tea slurping cons were babbling about Malik Zulu Shabazz and Geraldo

Just thought I would point out that the Depart of Justice lawsuit against the New Black Panthers of whom Shabazz is head, was dropped under bush junior

I know there is another nonsense thread about "how the Obama administration is biased against whites"

So what?

You delusionals and Faux have been motor mouthing this for a while. Usual exaggerations

You might want to catch up on your NEWS. The charges were brought against the NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY, by the DOJ under BUSH. They were dropped by ERIC HOLDER. The last time I checked, he was AG for YOUR president.

hcap
07-13-2010, 09:51 AM
From Server again..

"his means that the case was downgraded to a civil case 11 days before Obama was inaugurated, 26 days before Eric Holder became attorney general, and about nine months before Thomas Perez was confirmed as head of the Civil Rights Division"

One of the most fundamental distinctions between civil and criminal law is in the notion of punishment.
criminal law.

In criminal law, a guilty defendant is punished by either (1) incarceration in a jail or prison, (2) fine paid to the government, or, in exceptional cases, (3) execution of the defendant: the death penalty. Crimes are divided into two broad classes: felonies have a maximum possible sentence of more than one year incarceration, misdemeanors have a maximum possible sentence of less than one year incarceration.

civil law
In contrast, a defendant in civil litigation is never incarcerated and never executed. In general, a losing defendant in civil litigation only reimburses the plaintiff for losses caused by the defendant's behavior.

So then the Justice department is quite limited

Maybe Obama should have sued?

That's why it was dropped. Not because there was "reverse" racism

rastajenk
07-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Here's a pretty thorough takedown (http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2010/07/careful-reading-tuesday.html) of the Adam Serwer seage.

"They smile in your face....Back-trackers" :D

ArlJim78
07-13-2010, 03:05 PM
yeah I read that somewhere else. This Sewer guy is all over the place, facts misstated, backtracking, etc. The funny thing is his blog has "Liberal Intelligence" in the title. That's par for the course.

rastajenk
07-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Perhaps you were reading Big Journalism (http://bigjournalism.com/sright/2010/07/13/either-olbermann-doesnt-know-how-to-use-google-or-hes-a-liar/).

hcap
07-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Server responds

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/adam_serwer_archive?month=07&year=2010&base_name=a_clarification_on_the_nbpp_ca

So, I just wanted to clear something up: I wrote my post yesterday about the Justice Department's decision not to pursue criminal charges against the NBPP during the Bush administration because I had seen conservatives arguing that it was made by the Obama administration. It wasn't. I did not mean to suggest that the civil case, which the DoJ dropped in May of last year after receiving a preliminary injunction against the only NBPP member in Philadelphia who was walking around with a baton, was dismissed during the Bush administration

As I've explained before, Section 11(b) cases, which are rare, are generally reserved for extensive voter-suppression schemes, which the two men standing outside the Philadelphia polling station did not amount to. The legal standard for proving Section 11(b) cases in the past has been extremely high, which is both why they're rare and why Section 11(b) complaints are generally filed in order to prevent large-scale voter suppression campaigns.

The original complaint in the NBPP case alleged that the behavior of the men outside the polling station was part of a larger scheme to disenfranchise white voters ("Prior to the election, Defendant New Black Panther Party For Self-Defense made statements and posted notice that over 300 members of the New Black Panther Party For Self-Defense would be deployed at polling locations during voting on November 4th 2008 throughout the United States"). But there's no evidence that's the case -

ArlJim78
07-13-2010, 09:11 PM
they had a strong civil case, and had rec'd a preliminary injunction when the plug was pulled from above. they also rec'd instructions not to pursue any more cases like that. it's really not complicated despite the best efforts of some.

hcap
07-13-2010, 09:35 PM
It was not that strong.

http://blogs.ajc.com/cynthia-tucker/2010/07/12/bush-doj-decided-new-black-panthers-no-major-case/

And again without criminal charges, how would penalties be set?

rastajenk
07-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Still stuck on criminal vs. civil, huh?

Here (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZTA4M2NmNzY5N2FkZGEyMGI4ODkwNjYyNzgxYTAzMDQ=) is a pretty good explanation of how and why things played out as they did up until the Obamatrons came onto the scene. Trying to use the Bushies response as a way of excusing the Obama administration is weak.

Here's a piece of it:

"With most voting cases, the decision is usually to go with a civil case, particularly if there are elections coming up in the near future. That is because civil cases have a lower burden of proof and give the government the opportunity to obtain almost immediately a temporary injunction to stop the defendants from engaging in the same wrongful behavior as the case winds its way through the federal courts.

"Criminal cases can take longer to develop, particularly since the government usually has to convene a federal grand jury to return an indictment. Also, criminal cases focus like a laser beam on individual defendants, whereas civil cases can include an organizational defendant (like the NBPP).

"The focus for the Civil Rights Division is always on the best way to get the remedy that is needed to stop and prevent the recurrence of the voter intimidation or other wrongful behavior as soon as possible. In this particular case, when the decision was being made in January of 2009, the division knew there was going to be another election in May in Philadelphia. The fastest to way to make sure there would be no thugs in paramilitary uniforms and jackboots smacking batons into their fists at polling places in the upcoming election was to file a civil complaint and obtain a restraining order against the individual defendants and the New Black Panther Party.

"Once the division obtained a judgment and an injunction in the civil case, they could have decided to further pursue a criminal prosecution against the individual New Black Panthers, but the number one priority had to be getting a civil injunction as expeditiously as possible before the next election."

So, what's with your fixation on the lack of criminal charges? It's a classic straw man argument.

hcap
07-14-2010, 08:25 PM
http://article.nationalreview.com/437619/the-new-black-panther-casebr-a-conservative-dissent/abigail-thernstrom?page=1

From the National Review Online.

Forget about the New Black Panther Party case; it is very small potatoes. Perhaps the Panthers should have been prosecuted under section 11 (b) of the Voting Rights Act for their actions of November 2008, but the legal standards that must be met to prove voter intimidation — the charge — are very high.

In the 45 years since the act was passed, there have been a total of three successful prosecutions. The incident involved only two Panthers at a single majority-black precinct in Philadelphia. So far — after months of hearings, testimony and investigation — no one has produced actual evidence that any voters were too scared to cast their ballots. Too much overheated rhetoric filled with insinuations and unsubstantiated charges has been devoted to this case.

Read the rest.

delayjf
07-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Is the author aware that the DOJ dropped the charges AFTER THEY HAD ALREADY WON THE CASE. And yes there was evidense or the case never would have gone to trial.

rastajenk
07-14-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't disagree with the main thrust of that piece. I'm not sitting here seething because some thugs aren't sitting in jail. It's not about them. It's about the DOJ. Her last sentence: "And there are much more important questions involving voting-rights enforcement upon which to focus" is probably accurate. But the DOJ could send a message that redistricting and other more important issues will be dealt with in a fair, race-neutral, and constitutional manner by doing the right thing in the NBPP case. But clearly that's not part of the Obama game plan. That's what has people incensed.

PaceAdvantage
07-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Could you imagine the outrage if instead of New Black Panther dudes in full regalia, there were two white southern, anti-abortion dudes with nightsticks trying to intimidate black voters away from the polls....

And imagine if McCain were President and his DOJ dropped the charges against these two white southern, anti-abortion dudes?

Do you think for even one second hcap and all his friends the world over would want to gloss over this dismissal? Or would it be at the VERY TOP of their daily talking points about how biased and corrupt this administration is....

The Department of Justice isn't suppose to be so biased, is it? It's supposed to enforce the LAW, is it not? It's not supposed to enforce Obama's every whim, is it? (Hat tip to Mark Levin....)

hcap
07-15-2010, 06:19 AM
This a minor case that had been first downgraded to a civil suit by the bush administration due to iffy criminal allegations and then dropped by the Obama DOJ for similar considerations.

As usual has been blown totally out of proportion by the the anti-Obama rightwing echo chamber to score political points. I will give you guys credit tho', if there’s one thing the right-wing can do well it’s create a bunch of statements and loudly repeating them no matter how false until the knuckledragging legion of salivating followers are hypnotized again.

Reverse racism? :eek:

bigmack
07-15-2010, 09:25 AM
As usual has been blown totally out of proportion by the the anti-Obama rightwing echo chamber to score political points. I will give you guys credit tho', if there’s one thing the right-wing can do well it’s create a bunch of statements and loudly repeating them no matter how false until the knuckledragging legion of salivating followers are hypnotized again.
Tell ya what; how 'bout you take it up with a life long Democrat, renowned civil rights attorney who was an eye witness to the incident, Bartle Bull.

You know more than he does? :D

9sDoYYQdGOA

PaceAdvantage
07-15-2010, 11:42 PM
I will give you guys credit tho', if there’s one thing the right-wing can do well it’s create a bunch of statements and loudly repeating them no matter how false until the knuckledragging legion of salivating followers are hypnotized again.

Reverse racism? :eek:Funny, the same thing was said about you and all the Bush bashers back in the day...I can call up the posts if you'd like.

Tom
07-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Like the phrase,"...tax cuts for the rich."

Yeah, hcap, tell me something new.:rolleyes: