PDA

View Full Version : A freshening up

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Do you take a few days or a week or so off from wagering with the anticipation of an upcoming meeting? I must be getting old because every year I look forward to taking off the last week or more of the Belmont Park Spring/Summer meeting for the anticpation of THE SPA!

In this time period I naturally prepare for the meet, but also give my brain a rest, so to speak, from handicapping and this process gets me relaxed and refreshed to be at my best for the entire meeting.

As a habit I usually start slow preferring to see how the track is playing for the first few races, and occasionally opening day...I sort of like my first wager to be a cashing situation LOL (how's that for corny).

Anyway I'd be interested if any other players have similar styles of waiting for the big meeting, where ever it takes place.

Good Luck

shouldacoulda
07-08-2010, 02:08 AM
I don't but I remember a long time ago my father telling me that you shouldn't play the first two and last two weeks of a meet.

lamboguy
07-08-2010, 03:43 AM
i bet about 14 hours a day 365 days a year for over 2 decades now. i don't anticipate a thing. i am a degenerate horse player.

i am a racetrack owner and adw company's poster boy for a dream child. they only wish there were about 200 more like me and all their troubles would be far away.

therussmeister
07-08-2010, 03:58 PM
I don't but I remember a long time ago my father telling me that you shouldn't play the first two and last two weeks of a meet.
I'll bet he made a killing at Keeneland.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-08-2010, 04:18 PM
i bet about 14 hours a day 365 days a year for over 2 decades now. i don't anticipate a thing. i am a degenerate horse player.

i am a racetrack owner and adw company's poster boy for a dream child. they only wish there were about 200 more like me and all their troubles would be far away.

There are much worse things in life...enjoy we are only passing through! LOL