PDA

View Full Version : Arapahoe Park News

garyscpa
07-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Here's some positive news on the horse racing front:

Better times at Arapahoe Park

AURORA — Horse racing is in dire straits nationally. Yet something exceptional has happened in the first five weekends of the 2010 horse meeting at Arapahoe Park.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports2006/ci_15445710?source=rss

lamboguy
07-07-2010, 01:17 PM
congradulations on such a fine job

joanied
07-07-2010, 02:41 PM
That is great news...congradulations...you guys deserve a lot of credit. I wish the same thing would happen in Montana at Yellowstone Downs...it's the closest track to me here in WY., it's a shame it's such a run down, crappy meet...the folks up there are trying to keep it going, but it's an uphill battle.

On a side note...about a week ago Billings, MT had a bad tornadoe rip throught the area where Yellowstone Downs is, at Metra Park...the tornadoe ripped aprt the Metra Sports complex, but I still don't know if any damage was done to the little grandstand and the run down bars behind it...I keep forgetting to ask my brother...he lives up there...they got hit pretty good at his house and one thing that got hit was their brand new Prius...pretty much destroyed that car.

craigbraddick
07-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks for posting this guys as I have had a couple of days off.

The 2010 Meet is going really well for us at ARP.

If you haven't played ARP before and would like to give us a go, I would be more than happy to assist in any way I can with info that will help with your handicapping. All you have to do is contact me using the contact details below.

Similarly, if any Paceadvantage forum members want to come and visit the track, please email me or call me and I will facilitate free admission for you and your family and a program. As well as a tour of the booth where you can watch a race!

So far we are averaging around 9.5 horses per race and will now race ten races per day for the rest of the 2010 Meet. Most of our races are TB's but we also have some quality QH racing and an Arabian race every day as well.

So please call me if you want to visit the track or play ARP and I will ensure you have the info you need.

Craig Braddick (Track Announcer.)
Email: britishracecaller@gmail.com
Phone: 303-690-2400 X1371.

1GCFAN
07-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Good job Craig. I had a friend who took in a card last year and said it was a pleasant facility.

cnollfan
07-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Congrats, Craig. I was in the state over the Fourth to go to the mountains on Sunday and would have gone to ArP had you been open on Monday the 5th.

tucker6
07-08-2010, 08:00 PM
...they got hit pretty good at his house and one thing that got hit was their brand new Prius...pretty much destroyed that car.
Is that supposed to be a negative comment?? :lol:

affirmedny
07-11-2010, 11:37 PM
That is great news...congradulations...you guys deserve a lot of credit. I wish the same thing would happen in Montana at Yellowstone Downs...it's the closest track to me here in WY., it's a shame it's such a run down, crappy meet...the folks up there are trying to keep it going, but it's an uphill battle.

On a side note...about a week ago Billings, MT had a bad tornadoe rip throught the area where Yellowstone Downs is, at Metra Park...the tornadoe ripped aprt the Metra Sports complex, but I still don't know if any damage was done to the little grandstand and the run down bars behind it...I keep forgetting to ask my brother...he lives up there...they got hit pretty good at his house and one thing that got hit was their brand new Prius...pretty much destroyed that car.

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/more/article_a36e1fda-8b1e-11df-97c9-001cc4c002e0.html

"MetraPark’s Yellowstone Downs emerged unscathed from the Father’s Day tornado and is scheduled to hold its first horse races in just 51 days."

joanied
07-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Is that supposed to be a negative comment?? :lol:

It was for my brother...not a happy camper:D

joanied
07-12-2010, 09:56 AM
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/more/article_a36e1fda-8b1e-11df-97c9-001cc4c002e0.html

"MetraPark’s Yellowstone Downs emerged unscathed from the Father’s Day tornado and is scheduled to hold its first horse races in just 51 days."

I read that article...good that they'll have the meet (all 8 days of it:faint: )...but it probably would have been a blessing in disguise if the barn area had been wrecked by that tornado...the Grandstand is Ok, although it could use some paint and sure could be cleaner for the meet...but the barn area, such as it is, looks awful...the barns are an eye sore, old and falling aprt, it's depressing, I would think, for the folks that stable there.
I've never seen AP, but I would think it's a nice looking factility...although, most any barn area might be better that what they have at YD.

comet52
07-12-2010, 01:56 PM
I had a buddy who used to play there. He didn't do so well there though... :)

nomadpat
07-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Similarly, if any Paceadvantage forum members want to come and visit the track, please email me or call me and I will facilitate free admission for you and your family and a program. As well as a tour of the booth where you can watch a race!

I took advantage of this offer and visited Craig in the announcer's booth July 4th. It was great to see the bird's eye view of things from his vantage point. Craig was very hospitable and a popular guy with many visitors coming and going during my stay for a couple of races. We talked shop about ADWs, track announcers, etc.

I definitely have a better appreciation for the announcer job - especially how he was memorizing silks and attaching to names in just a few quick minutes. And he injects some humor in his calls.

Arapahoe is doing better than last year - fuller fields, good turnouts on the weekends.

Thanks again Craig and I'll visit again!