PDA

View Full Version : The United States vs. Arizona

ArlJim78
07-06-2010, 04:49 PM
It's on (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/06/AR2010070601928.html?hpid=topnews).

from the Washington Post;

"The Justice Department filed suit Tuesday against Arizona, charging that the state's new immigration law is unconstitutional and requesting a preliminary injunction to stop the legislation from taking effect.

The lawsuit says the law illegally intrudes on federal prerogatives, invoking as its main argument the legal doctrine of "preemption," which is based on the Constitution's supremacy clause and says that federal law trumps state statutes. The Justice Department argues that enforcing immigration laws is a federal responsibility.
__________________________________________________ _________
this could get interesting. change you can believe in!

TJDave
07-06-2010, 04:55 PM
The Justice Department argues that enforcing immigration laws is a federal responsibility.

How could you argue that...and keep a straight face? :rolleyes:

wisconsin
07-06-2010, 05:09 PM
The Justice Department argues that enforcing immigration laws is a federal responsibility.

I'll believe that when I actually see it.

ArlJim78
07-06-2010, 05:16 PM
After all the months of hyper-ventilating about the Arizona law being discriminatory, that isn't even what they are challenging. Which leads one to ask, if it isn't discriminatory, what is their problem with the AZ law, that it might actually work?

46zilzal
07-06-2010, 05:44 PM
everyone KNEW this was coming....They may easily prove it unconstitutional.

wisconsin
07-06-2010, 05:52 PM
After all the months of hyper-ventilating about the Arizona law being discriminatory, that isn't even what they are challenging. Which leads one to ask, if it isn't discriminatory, what is their problem with the AZ law, that it might actually work?

The whole discrimination issue is subjective. I think that the fear is all about the methods and tactics that "might" be used to actually enforce the law. Civil liberties, you know........

GameTheory
07-06-2010, 05:56 PM
They can't go after it for discrimination because it explicitly says in the law that discrimination isn't allowed.

ArlJim78
07-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Yes that is true, but it didn't stop Obama, Holder and others from crying about how they were so worried about discrimination. Of course I believe they also admited that they hadn't read the bill, so they have an out I guess.

Mike at A+
07-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Let me see if I understand this. The DOJ won't prosecute the voter intimidation case in Philly because they were told to not pursue prosecution in "black on white" crime. But the same DOJ is suing Arizona because their new law (passed because the federal law isn't being enforced) MIGHT be subject to abuse by some bad police officers. WTF is wrong with our government? EVERY LAW is subject to abuse. But we are a nation of laws and we really should try to at least enforce some of them, no? Do I expect too much from the dirtbags we elect?

ArlJim78
07-06-2010, 06:00 PM
everyone KNEW this was coming....They may easily prove it unconstitutional.
I don't think it will be so easy. this gets complicated.

Tom
07-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Nothing unconstitutional about it.
the Supremacy clause should not apply here. Nothing here usurps the Feds laws. It was written very carefully.

The reason Ovomit is doing it is to lose in court, then he can go whine to his leemings that this why we need comprehensive immigration reform.

fast4522
07-06-2010, 08:36 PM
There is nothing that the man at Pennsylvania Avenue can do in the case except his job, to which Chicago politics 101 says bribe, hostage, barter or sell. Constitutional muster it will pass, so I guess he is just SOL.
Now I guess someone is going to say he grew up with Mickey and he was a liberal right!

hcap
07-06-2010, 09:32 PM
There is nothing that the man at Pennsylvania Avenue can do in the case except his job, to which Chicago politics 101 says bribe, hostage, barter or sell. Constitutional muster it will pass, so I guess he is just SOL.
Now I guess someone is going to say he grew up with Mickey and he was a liberal right!
Mickey was a lib. But Scrooge McDuck a con :D

What is the fascination with celebrities giving the finger?

JustRalph
07-06-2010, 10:41 PM
The fact that they went this route with their argument tells me this law was written pretty damn well. This isn't a hail mary, but it's the play right before that for sure............ very interesting argument.

This may come down to an argument of something like a "call to duty" which is a legal philosophy espoused in other cases but never at this level. A call to duty was apparent based on the "neglect of duty" or the nonfeasance (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&defl=en&q=define:nonfeasance&sa=X&ei=negzTIidM4P-8AbAlKW8Aw&ved=0CBIQkAE) of the Federal government.

The State being forced to step in for the welfare and safety of the Citizens of Arizona would be a " A call to duty"

I would be very interested in reading the oath of office of the legislature of the State of Arizona...............it may become a factor ........but then again who knows........that's why they have real lawyers........... :lol:

prospector
07-07-2010, 12:10 AM
its a shame we can't sue the feds for not enforcing the "federal law"..
bullets are flying out here..drug gangs are crossing..
they should open it all up for mining...ever try to sneak up on a prospector in the desert..we know everything moving within a mile..

ElKabong
07-07-2010, 01:00 AM
i'd like $2 on arizona, please.

bigmack
07-07-2010, 01:05 AM
i'd like $2 on arizona, please.
Shame, the payout will be shy of $3.20

WinterTriangle
07-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Righ or wrong, the anti-immigration stuff will backfire. The owners and trainers at Pimlico could barely get any workers backside during the Preakness months. I am not in favor of illegals, but it appears that the number of work visas are also being cut back drastically.

Let me give a personal story here. I have 10 acres, and there's a lot of work to do. I asked no less than 15 people (who claim how poor they are and need work) to come over here and weed-eat, etc. and generally do some handiman work when necessary. It's hot, hard work. I did not even say how much I would pay (but I pay great for this area).

Nobody. This went on for almost 2 months. I even called into local radio station.

THEN----I got this idea to ask my friend who is a Spanish teacher to write an ad for me to put in the local paper.......in Spanish. :) She agreed to give her number so that she could talk to the person if they answered the ad.

Within 42 hours, I had a worker. Hhe works his butt off. And shows up. And puts equipment away. I have since gotten him work with other neighbors who need help building sheds, running fence, burning burnpiles, clearing brush. They are all happy, too. I pay by check. For all I know, he is legal. It isn't customary to ask for birth certificates or green cards here when hiring people to do yard work. :)

I keep asking everyone.......where are all the high school kids who need money, to rake leaves and such, like we did to earn money to go to the movies, buy a used car, or save for college? "They must all be home in the A/C, playing Wii, and spending their parent's money", is what I was told. :confused:

Somebody pointed out to me:
"He will probably send the $ back to Mexico.:mad: "

I said: "I don't care what he does with the money he earns. He works hard, and can do with it whatever he pleases."

newtothegame
07-07-2010, 04:17 AM
Righ or wrong, the anti-immigration stuff will backfire. The owners and trainers at Pimlico could barely get any workers backside during the Preakness months. I am not in favor of illegals, but it appears that the number of work visas are also being cut back drastically.

Let me give a personal story here. I have 10 acres, and there's a lot of work to do. I asked no less than 15 people (who claim how poor they are and need work) to come over here and weed-eat, etc. and generally do some handiman work when necessary. It's hot, hard work. I did not even say how much I would pay (but I pay great for this area).

Nobody. This went on for almost 2 months. I even called into local radio station.

THEN----I got this idea to ask my friend who is a Spanish teacher to write an ad for me to put in the local paper.......in Spanish. :) She agreed to give her number so that she could talk to the person if they answered the ad.

Within 42 hours, I had a worker. Hhe works his butt off. And shows up. And puts equipment away. I have since gotten him work with other neighbors who need help building sheds, running fence, burning burnpiles, clearing brush. They are all happy, too. I pay by check. For all I know, he is legal. It isn't customary to ask for birth certificates or green cards here when hiring people to do yard work. :)

I keep asking everyone.......where are all the high school kids who need money, to rake leaves and such, like we did to earn money to go to the movies, buy a used car, or save for college? "They must all be home in the A/C, playing Wii, and spending their parent's money", is what I was told. :confused:

Somebody pointed out to me:
"He will probably send the $ back to Mexico.:mad: "

I said: "I don't care what he does with the money he earns. He works hard, and can do with it whatever he pleases."

Winter, I don't think anyone is "anti-immigration" as you suggest in your opening. Its ANTI-ILLEGAL where the problem sits with most of us.

WinterTriangle
07-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Winter, I don't think anyone is "anti-immigration" as you suggest in your opening. Its ANTI-ILLEGAL where the problem sits with most of us.

NTTG, I was speaking generally when I said "Right or wrong, the anti-immigration stuff will backfire", not about anyone here.

I too, am against illegal immigration, and those who don't pay taxes or abide by our laws.:mad:

there was some talk about a moratorium on immigration, rejecting amnesty, and it does seem that they have cut back on the number of work visas to free up jobs for American citizens.

I bring it up because I'm considering starting a small dairy goat farm, and I need people who know how to do this kind of work, and to whom working with animals comes naturally. We have gotten away from being an agricultural society, so, most people who are adept at this kind of work hail from pre-modern agricultural societies and/or backgrounds.

Hence, you have backside workers mostly from those backgrounds. I don't know a whole lot of laid off workers, engineers and postal workers, for instance, who have an affinity for this kind of work.

Growers and dairy farmers and such really can't survive without immigrant labor. It will come down to importing food or importing labor. I've been reading labels on my food, like fish and produce, and it worries me that so much of it isn't from *here*.

(I am NOT going to eat Talapia, farm-raised in some foreign country, who swam around in "god-knows-what-kind-of-antiobiotic-chemicals-that-are-outlawed here-laden-soup.")

newtothegame
07-07-2010, 07:14 AM
NTTG, I was speaking generally when I said "Right or wrong, the anti-immigration stuff will backfire", not about anyone here.

I too, am against illegal immigration, and those who don't pay taxes or abide by our laws.:mad:

there was some talk about a moratorium on immigration, rejecting amnesty, and it does seem that they have cut back on the number of work visas to free up jobs for American citizens.

I bring it up because I'm considering starting a small dairy goat farm, and I need people who know how to do this kind of work, and to whom working with animals comes naturally. We have gotten away from being an agricultural society, so, most people who are adept at this kind of work hail from pre-modern agricultural societies and/or backgrounds.

Hence, you have backside workers mostly from those backgrounds. I don't know a whole lot of laid off workers, engineers and postal workers, for instance, who have an affinity for this kind of work.

Growers and dairy farmers and such really can't survive without immigrant labor. It will come down to importing food or importing labor. I've been reading labels on my food, like fish and produce, and it worries me that so much of it isn't from *here*.

(I am NOT going to eat Talapia, farm-raised in some foreign country, who swam around in "god-knows-what-kind-of-antiobiotic-chemicals-that-are-outlawed here-laden-soup.")

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Pace Cap'n
07-07-2010, 07:43 AM
For all I know, he is legal. It isn't customary to ask for birth certificates or green cards here when hiring people to do yard work. :)

But isn't it the law to require prospective employees to provide proper documentation?

ArlJim78
07-07-2010, 07:55 AM
So one day you find 6-7 people who have taken up residence in your basement or garage, and they are helping themselves to your facilites.

Do you have A) a problem with your undocumented guest policy
or
B) a household security breach that demands immediate action?

You need not know anything about these people, whether they are hard working or not. All you know is they don't belong on your property.

There are millions of people crossing our southern border, and we don't know who they are. Not all of them are kind gentle souls merely looking for a better way of life.

this is a first order problem for our country.

Robert Goren
07-07-2010, 08:37 AM
It is all about money. If you pay enough, you can get Americans to anything. Illegals are here because somebody doesn't want to enough to get Americans do the job. I wouldn't bet too much on AZ winning this lawsuit. When you go to court anything can happen. With the Roberts court, this is even more true.

WinterTriangle
07-07-2010, 08:38 AM
But isn't it the law to require prospective employees to provide proper documentation?

Yes. But I live in Tyson country. They've been in trouble with the justice department for hiring illegals. (As well as their "whites only" sign over the bathrooms in Alabama 5 years ago :rolleyes: ).

Walmart, too.

These corporations were luring illegals for decades. They were giving the country away.

To be honest, given the trouble I had just finding somebody to weedeat this place, I'm sick to death begging people to take money. I'm going to do like Google does. I have a carpenter building me some gates and pens as we speak.....

http://media.bestofmicro.com/Goats-Goole,R-P-208357-13.jpg

" 'Instead of using noisy mowers that run on gasoline and pollute the air, we've rented some goats from California Grazing to do the job for us.' The company employs a herder which brings about 200 goats to the Google campus. The goats spend roughly a week at Google, eating the grass and “fertilizing” at the same time."

I expect to own 2 nice goats within the next month. :)

I realize this will add to the unemployment problem, but I couldn't find anyone in my region who wants to work for $20 an hour weedeating. Either can my friend who is also single gal and lives down the road. She ended up buying her own riding mower and does 40 acres. It takes her about 3 days.

newtothegame
07-08-2010, 01:47 AM
If this guy gets elected...get ready DOJ.....(after all we've seen how effective you've been with the new black panther case) lol

GOP Gubernatorial Candidate in Georgia Threatens to Deport Illegals If Elected

Published July 07, 2010

| Associated Press

Republican gubernatorial hopeful Nathan Deal has released his first television ad attacking the Obama Administration

http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/imgs/grey_loader.gif
and "liberals" for failing to secure the nation's borders against illegal immigrants.

In the 30-second spot, the former congressman from Gainesville says he wrote the law "to stop illegal aliens from receiving taxpayer-funded health care." As governor, Deal says he will empower local law enforcement to help deport illegal immigrants.

Deal is one of seven Republicans vying for the GOP nomination in Georgia's July 20 primary. He's the third GOP candidate to take to the airwaves. State insurance Commissioner John Oxendine and former state Sen. Eric Johnson have been running spots for several weeks.

Deal's ad is running in metro Atlanta

bigmack
07-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Oh brother. The chutzpah of BO, Holder & their revisionists.

Lovin' this lawsuit. Read a portion, it's a hoot & a half: http://www.azcentral.com/ic/pdf/0706us-sb1070-lawsuit.pdf

Their position is "they have no right to do this as a State, it's our job and we refuse to do it" :lol:

Someday we'll look back on this administration and wonder, where are they now and how can we tar & feather them?

fast4522
07-08-2010, 05:57 AM
November is the mother of all months, if we rise to the occasion as a electorate all of this will become moot and this administration will be forced to re-tool for the remaining two years. Re-tooling will mean a agenda change just like it did for President Clinton. I think I recall President Clinton actually saying "I get the message", his became a divided government that could not pass a budget. Special budget resolution continuations in effect slowed spending to a crawl if you can remember.

boxcar
07-08-2010, 11:22 AM
November is the mother of all months, if we rise to the occasion as a electorate all of this will become moot and this administration will be forced to re-tool for the remaining two years. Re-tooling will mean a agenda change just like it did for President Clinton. I think I recall President Clinton actually saying "I get the message", his became a divided government that could not pass a budget. Special budget resolution continuations in effect slowed spending to a crawl if you can remember.

Don't get get your hopes up too high. Remember who it is we'll be electing -- largely people affiliated with the Party of Stupid. They are not exactly distinguished by their political smarts.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
07-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Govenor Brewer had a good point the other day. She pointed out that all of these so-called sanctuary cities are themselves in fact engaging in immigration policy, and violating federal immigration law. Why are they not being sued as well? I mean if the feds are saying that it is their domain alone to manage. I guess if you're acting on behalf of those breaking the law, the fed's have no problem. However if you take action to help enforce the law, you get sued.

skate
07-08-2010, 04:28 PM
This is the same issue that Ron Reagan got wrong.

It is Law that the Fed has this control and rightly so.

However.....the fact that it is the responsibility of the Fed Gov to control borders will leave Az with the task of proving neglect.
Which in turn will only cause the case to go round and round.

It becomes a case that will take wings, when change in gov happens....and that aint happinen lately...nope.. not in my life.

So, go back to your TV, enjoy the nose dive.

skate
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
OH oh oh, let it be said, the-skate is for stopping 'all' Immigration.We have enough to last another 40 years or so.

Wait for the Pay Scale to grow to the point that the workers can pay their own Health Care Bills etc.

Actually i believe we've gone too far , but...fight on you nudist and i'll Knit you a pair.

boxcar
07-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Govenor Brewer had a good point the other day. She pointed out that all of these so-called sanctuary cities are themselves in fact engaging in immigration policy, and violating federal immigration law. Why are they not being sued as well? I mean if the feds are saying that it is their domain alone to manage. I guess if you're acting on behalf of those breaking the law, the fed's have no problem. However if you take action to help enforce the law, you get sued.

Believe it or not Rush played a soundbite of some reporter asking the moronic press secretary about this and why the government isn't also taking legal actions against these sanctuary cities. He couldn't answer her. (You could tell that he was taken aback by her question.) He basically fluffed her off and said when he finds out, he'll get back to her.

Boxcar

newtothegame
07-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Believe it or not Rush played a soundbite of some reporter asking the moronic press secretary about this and why the government isn't also taking legal actions against these sanctuary cities. He couldn't answer her. (You could tell that he was taken aback by her question.) He basically fluffed her off and said when he finds out, he'll get back to her.

Boxcar

The perfect example isn't even a municipality. Its another STATE. Just look at RI and their immigration laws and how the 1st circuit help up RI's rights to enforce their laws.

bigmack
07-08-2010, 11:52 PM
He basically fluffed her off and said when he finds out, he'll get back to her.
It's painful to watch. Wiggle & squirm.

H-KBKx_YrQI

slewis
07-09-2010, 01:17 AM
I cannot believe you hard line right wingers are so easily had....

To take cheap shots at the Obama administration on this subject after several republican presidents sneezed in the Oval office at least 50% of the time in the last 25 years.

Need I remind you guys (and fat-face Rush) that NO PRESIDENT in recent time has seriously looked to enforce immigration laws.

First let me clarify the (dumb) reference Rush "and the dopey reporter" made regarding "sanctuary cities".

The DOJ will investigate if someone's civil rights are being violated by a state law or by state or local police...but here's where it obviously gets complicated for you guys:

THEY WILL NOT INTERFERE OR INTERCEDE IN POLICE WORK IN A "SANCTUARY CITY"...got it?

Now again, read carefully:
If the Feds (ICE) wanted to enforce an immigration issue in a "sanctuary city" you can bet darn tootin' they will come in with guns a blazin' and THEY WILL have absolute jurisdiction to do so.... GOT IT???

Remember Elio Gonzalez??? What short dix and short memories you lot have.

The bottom line here righties is that YOUR PARTY AND CONSTITUANTS are just as much against solving immigration as the left is....

Point out (to me) one serious conservative candidate for a major position who wants to "round 'em all up" and I'll show you a politician who won't get 10cents from corporate America and will get hammered by the US Chamber of Commerce and every other large business-lobby from Maine to San Diego.

Face it boys, the rampant greed allowed the immigration community to become too powerful, too important to businesses bottom line to enforce the kind of immigration reform you guys might suggest....

So don't blame the lefties or dumbo ears in the White House...you're all guilty....

So lets cut the hypocracy crap....

And when you have a go back at me on this one, keep this in mind:
If I had things my way, we'd have no immigration issues because anyone here illegally would be gone by Jan 1 2011.

newtothegame
07-09-2010, 02:07 AM

To take cheap shots at the Obama administration on this subject after several republican presidents sneezed in the Oval office at least 50% of the time in the last 25 years.

Need I remind you guys (and fat-face Rush) that NO PRESIDENT in recent time has seriously looked to enforce immigration laws.

First let me clarify the (dumb) reference Rush "and the dopey reporter" made regarding "sanctuary cities".

The DOJ will investigate if someone's civil rights are being violated by a state law or by state or local police...but here's where it obviously gets complicated for you guys:

THEY WILL NOT INTERFERE OR INTERCEDE IN POLICE WORK IN A "SANCTUARY CITY"...got it?

If the Feds (ICE) wanted to enforce an immigration issue in a "sanctuary city" you can bet darn tootin' they will come in with guns a blazin' and THEY WILL have absolute jurisdiction to do so.... GOT IT???

The bottom line here righties is that YOUR PARTY AND CONSTITUANTS are just as much against solving immigration as the left is....

Point out (to me) one serious conservative candidate for a major position who wants to "round 'em all up" and I'll show you a politician who won't get 10cents from corporate America and will get hammered by the US Chamber of Commerce and every other large business-lobby from Maine to San Diego.

Face it boys, the rampant greed allowed the immigration community to become too powerful, too important to businesses bottom line to enforce the kind of immigration reform you guys might suggest....

So don't blame the lefties or dumbo ears in the White House...you're all guilty....

If I had things my way, we'd have no immigration issues because anyone here illegally would be gone by Jan 1 2011.

No recent administration has taken legal action against one of its states who is only trying to enforce the law either that I am aware of.....

The DOJ is now proving that it will NOT look into civil rights voting violations if the victims are white and perpetrated by a black person (even if caught on video tape).

Other then those items...I think I agree with most you said....

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2010, 02:32 AM

If I had things my way, we'd have no immigration issues because anyone here illegally would be gone by Jan 1 2011.You lost me at fat-face Rush and short dix.... GOT IT???

ArlJim78
07-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Before posting a rambling incoherent rant like that in the middle of the night, it might be better to save it, sleep it off, and then review it in the morning before hitting Submit Reply.

boxcar
07-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Before posting a rambling incoherent rant like that in the middle of the night, it might be better to save it, sleep it off, and then review it in the morning before hitting Submit Reply.

He must be off his meds again. That ObamaCare thing ain't workin' out too swell for him. He's probably having a tough time convincing some "Med Czar" that rationing his drugs isn't a good thing. (Ironically, this would be the only time he got something right.) :rolleyes:

Boxcar

toetoe
07-09-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't have to be a lawyer to know this case is as thin as chicken broth, do I ? How many affirmative action points did Holder get in law school ? Is it possible he knows as little about law as does the Maoist-in-Chief ?

Thin case, very thin. (:Shaking head.)

boxcar
07-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I don't have to be a lawyer to know this case is as thin as chicken broth, do I ? How many affirmative action points did Holder get in law school ? Is it possible he knows as little about law as does the Maoist-in-Chief ?

Thin case, very thin. (:Shaking head.)

Depends on who is sitting on the bench...

Boxcar

Tom
07-09-2010, 02:49 PM
slewis, that facts are that many of us DID complain about Bush.
Specifically, I called for his impeachment and for us turning him over the Worlds Court for prosecution. I have said he will burn in Hell and deserves to.
Other as are not a undecided as I am (:rolleyes:)

But, Obama is the one in charge now, and he is doing nothing but cultivating potential dem voters. Americans are being murdered and kidnapped at a higher rate than Bogota, and states have pleaded for help. So he sends lawyers.
He is going against he will of the majority of Americans for his own political gains.

The facts are, most of America sands by Arizona, and sanctuary cities are violating the law, unlike Arizona. Sanctuary cities are violating the supremacy clause, not Arizona, who merely emphasizes it.

Now, hold your thoughts for four weeks and we will discuss further over BEERS in the tent! :kiss:

Black Ruby
07-09-2010, 03:31 PM
slewis, that facts are that many of us DID complain about Bush.
Specifically, I called for his impeachment and for us turning him over the Worlds Court for prosecution. I have said he will burn in Hell and deserves to.
Other as are not a undecided as I am (:rolleyes:)

But, Obama is the one in charge now, and he is doing nothing but cultivating potential dem voters. Americans are being murdered and kidnapped at a higher rate than Bogota, and states have pleaded for help. So he sends lawyers.
He is going against he will of the majority of Americans for his own political gains.

The facts are, most of America sands by Arizona, and sanctuary cities are violating the law, unlike Arizona. Sanctuary cities are violating the supremacy clause, not Arizona, who merely emphasizes it.

Now, hold your thoughts for four weeks and we will discuss further over BEERS in the tent! :kiss:

Tom, I agree with most of what you've said here, except that Obama is cultivating Dem voters. The Dems I know that voted for him and sites that I read that supported him have turned, based on his performance.

I read an article a couple hours ago, and I want to ask you a question from it....do you think the Republicans want Americans to find jobs before the November elections, and do you think they'd do what they could to keep them unemployed so Americans would blame Obama and the Dems and vote against them?

newtothegame
07-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Tom, I agree with most of what you've said here, except that Obama is cultivating Dem voters. The Dems I know that voted for him and sites that I read that supported him have turned, based on his performance.

I read an article a couple hours ago, and I want to ask you a question from it....do you think the Republicans want Americans to find jobs before the November elections, and do you think they'd do what they could to keep them unemployed so Americans would blame Obama and the Dems and vote against them?

I see your point Ruby....but I also see a backlash from the american people for INCUMBENTS. Sure, repugs need another thing to blame on Obama. And might I add that Obama is not making it too difficult for them.

But repugs have skins on the walls here too come this election cycle. There are states where just being an incumbent right now is a bad thing. So, I do NOT think that repugs would want to keep people unemployed.

I don't think repugs have much say considering they have no sort of a majority in ANY voting process. This will lay at the feet of the DEMS. Super majority at one point..now a majority...and add in all the out right lies that this administration has pulled. Not too mention the going against the will of the people on more then one occassion...and it adds up to a loss of alot of seats in congress come the midterms.

Black Ruby
07-09-2010, 04:04 PM
I see your point Ruby....but I also see a backlash from the american people for INCUMBENTS. Sure, repugs need another thing to blame on Obama. And might I add that Obama is not making it too difficult for them.

But repugs have skins on the walls here too come this election cycle. There are states where just being an incumbent right now is a bad thing. So, I do NOT think that repugs would want to keep people unemployed.

I don't think repugs have much say considering they have no sort of a majority in ANY voting process. This will lay at the feet of the DEMS. Super majority at one point..now a majority...and add in all the out right lies that this administration has pulled. Not too mention the going against the will of the people on more then one occassion...and it adds up to a loss of alot of seats in congress come the midterms.

I'm with you. I talk to an assortment of people of various educational levels and political persuasions, and one of the things I hear most is that people would like to get rid of all the incumbents. People that had paid attention were po'd when Obama allied with Geithner and Summers and kept Bernanke. And the job situation where I live isn't getting any better.

The article I read made some points as to the Repubs doing better if Americans were unemployed and po'd, but ignored some of the repercussions.

Tom
07-10-2010, 12:12 AM

Repubs - probably not much hope for real action to help anyone but themselves. They are just as disgusting as dems, for the most part. TEA PARTY people - I believe they care about people, not party.
The best thing the repubs could do is fire the idiot Steele - he was never more than a token to begin with. That post would be perfect for Pailn. As a lightning rods for bringing conservative back to the party without being a candidate herself. Steele is a loser.

Without the conservatives, republicans are just democrats. I have no doubt the country's misery is cause for joy in most repub's minds.
Repubs vs dems.......you want colon cancer or lung cancer?:rolleyes:

Look, the repubs put McCain on the ballot.....what can you expect from them?

newtothegame
07-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Repubs - probably not much hope for real action to help anyone but themselves. They are just as disgusting as dems, for the most part. TEA PARTY people - I believe they care about people, not party.
The best thing the repubs could do is fire the idiot Steele - he was never more than a token to begin with. That post would be perfect for Pailn. As a lightning rods for bringing conservative back to the party without being a candidate herself. Steele is a loser.

Without the conservatives, republicans are just democrats. I have no doubt the country's misery is cause for joy in most repub's minds.
Repubs vs dems.......you want colon cancer or lung cancer?:rolleyes:

Look, the repubs put McCain on the ballot.....what can you expect from them?

I agree...If the repugs have any chance of regaining what and where they have come from, it's not gonna be found through Steele....
Guy is a joke!

boxcar
07-10-2010, 12:25 AM
I agree...If the repugs have any chance of regaining what and where they have come from, it's not gonna be found through Steele....
Guy is a joke!

If the repugs do what I think they will, we're sunk as a free nation. I think Tom pretty much nailed it when he essentially implied that the Repugs will content themselves to ride the wave of Dem-caused misery by just allowing voters to vote for the lesser of two evils -- which this time around would the Repugs. I'm really not expecting any true leadership out of the Party of Stupid.

Boxcar

boxcar
07-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Guy is a joke!

Knowing the Repugs, they'd "fire" Steele and replace him with Colin Powell -- for err..."diversity" purposes. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

newtothegame
07-10-2010, 12:30 AM
If the repugs do what I think they will, we're sunk as a free nation. I think Tom pretty much nailed it when he essentially implied that the Repugs will content themselves to ride the wave of Dem-caused misery by just allowing voters to vote for the lesser of two evils -- which this time around would the Repugs. I'm really not expecting any true leadership out of the Party of Stupid.

Boxcar

Agree completely.....the party of stupid has trouble finding eggs in a hen house. And leadership is few and far between there as well. But, if we have to start somewhere, well I guess its the lesser of two evils unfortuneately.

fast4522
07-12-2010, 07:53 PM
I just could not help myself, I had to put this picture up.