PDA

View Full Version : Belmont cancels Wednesday

The_Knight_Sky
07-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Belmont cancels Wednesday because of heat
By Dave Litfin

ELMONT, N.Y. - Due to excessive heat, Belmont Park has canceled its scheduled nine-race live racing program for Wednesday.

The facility will be open for simulcasting, and NYRA Rewards telebet and Internet wagering will be available.

A heat wave has broiled the New York metropolitan area since Sunday, and 100-degree temperatures were expected to continue through mid-week before moderating.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/114522.html

judd
07-06-2010, 04:10 PM
whats mountaineer going to do ?

Stillriledup
07-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Does Belmont have lights? They can run the races at 7pm when it gets cooler.

The_Knight_Sky
07-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Does Belmont have lights?
They can run the races at 7pm when it gets cooler.

On the Training Track they do.

But don't get me started on that.

It's light out at 4:30 am these days....

yet they needed to splurge and http://i48.tinypic.com/uljsy.gif install lights on a lightly used oval.

toussaud
07-06-2010, 04:17 PM
but no wait! there is no economic advantage at running in the evening versus running in the middle of the day.

i actually planned on playing a few races tomorrow. i was anticipating the return of gozzip girl

the little guy
07-06-2010, 04:27 PM
On the Training Track they do.

But don't get me started on that.

It's light out at 4:30 am these days....

yet they needed to splurge and http://i48.tinypic.com/uljsy.gif install lights on a lightly used oval.

It's a " lightly used oval " according to you.

That's news to many. Yes, it gets light early now. How about in the winter? When does it get light then?

aaron
07-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Belmont has been cancelled for tomorrow.

slewis
07-06-2010, 05:13 PM
The NYRA web site has no mention of cancel Wednesday...

As far as I'm concerned, they're racing.

I'm gonna do work on the card until the web site OFFICIALLY says they are cancelled.

I get all my up to the minute NY racing info from the NYRA web site.

What a sad bunch of shit NYRA is.

Maybe I should buy the webmaster a good FTP program.

Stillriledup
07-06-2010, 05:17 PM

As far as I'm concerned, they're racing.

I'm gonna do work on the card until the web site OFFICIALLY says they are cancelled.

I get all my up to the minute NY racing info from the NYRA web site.

What a sad bunch of shit NYRA is.

Maybe I should buy the webmaster a good FTP program.

:lol:

Buncha clowns.

Dahoss9698
07-06-2010, 05:20 PM
:lol:

Buncha clowns.

Pot meet kettle.

Stillriledup
07-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Pot meet kettle.

Dont you have any more crossdressing or tranny websites you need to surf? Run along now and surf up those trannies.

Dahoss9698
07-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Dont you have any more crossdressing or tranny websites you need to surf? Run along now and surf up those trannies.

Actual a simple google search for "Stillriledup on Friday night" produced that. Weird.

Try not to pollute another thread with your stupidity. I know it's hard not to.

bigmack
07-06-2010, 05:28 PM
http://www.nyra.com/belmont/stories/July062010.shtml

Stillriledup
07-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Actual a simple google search for "Stillriledup on Friday night" produced that. Weird.

Try not to pollute another thread with your stupidity. I know it's hard not to.

Funny how you of all people would talk about polution. You are the king of bad air, every post you make is an attempt to bait someone into an argument. I'll admit, you do a great job here as the resident know it all. I'd love to see a poll on which PA poster is the most likely poster to start an argument, i'd bet you would win. Run along now son and check up on those crossdressers.

Dahoss9698
07-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Funny how you of all people would talk about polution. You are the king of bad air, every post you make is an attempt to bait someone into an argument. I'll admit, you do a great job here as the resident know it all. I'd love to see a poll on which PA poster is the most likely poster to start an argument, i'd bet you would win. Run along now son and check up on those crossdressers.

Here's the thing, when I'm in a conversation with someone like you, of course I come off as a know it all. It's hard not to.

This is a message board. The point is to discuss stuff and more often than not the arguements get heated. I get blamed for it a lot, but I didn't post for about a month earlier and the arguements kept happening. Weird right? If I bother you so much, put me on ignore. Easy fix.

You are the king of useless posts. You rarely if ever know what you are discussing and your opinions are laughable at best. We should have a poll on if someone had a $1000 to play with and had to use someone's opinion who they would go with...me or you.

Maybe someone had one a few years ago. Go try and find it.

Stillriledup
07-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Here's the thing, when I'm in a conversation with someone like you, of course I come off as a know it all. It's hard not to.

This is a message board. The point is to discuss stuff and more often than not the arguements get heated. I get blamed for it a lot, but I didn't post for about a month earlier and the arguements kept happening. Weird right? If I bother you so much, put me on ignore. Easy fix.

You are the king of useless posts. You rarely if ever know what you are discussing and your opinions are laughable at best. We should have a poll on if someone had a $1000 to play with and had to use someone's opinion who they would go with...me or you.

Maybe someone had one a few years ago. Go try and find it.

I don't put people on ignore because i believe in the good of all people. Also, things don't bother me all that much, i could care less, i don't lose any sleep over this stuff. I won't put you on ignore because i don't dislike you, i just feel sorry for you and your bitter ways. Its a shame, you could have a lot to add to this site, all you do is try and pick fights and belittle people. I'm not saying you have to agree with every post that's on this site, but once in a while someone here might actually have a good point about something or know something that you do not know and you still won't give that person credit. It won't cost you anything to say "hey so and so, great point, i totally agree with what you say". Its free to be nice to people, you might want to try it sometime.

OTM Al
07-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Does Belmont have lights? They can run the races at 7pm when it gets cooler.

Against NYS law. This is not a joke. Can't interfere with the Harness tracks you know.

Stillriledup
07-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Against NYS law. This is not a joke. Can't interfere with the Harness tracks you know.

Seriously? Wow. :lol:

46zilzal
07-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Whatever is safer for the horses. I was once at Pleasanton, had great seats right near the finish line in mid July and could not stand the heat. We left after the 6th race on a 10 race card.

Read in the newspaper the following day of a horse collapsing, going down right in the path of the field and a rider died.

Not smart to race in that heat.

Dahoss9698
07-06-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't put people on ignore because i believe in the good of all people. Also, things don't bother me all that much, i could care less, i don't lose any sleep over this stuff. I won't put you on ignore because i don't dislike you, i just feel sorry for you and your bitter ways. Its a shame, you could have a lot to add to this site, all you do is try and pick fights and belittle people. I'm not saying you have to agree with every post that's on this site, but once in a while someone here might actually have a good point about something or know something that you do not know and you still won't give that person credit. It won't cost you anything to say "hey so and so, great point, i totally agree with what you say". Its free to be nice to people, you might want to try it sometime.

So I don't agree with people enough for your taste? Whatever. There is a long line for the chief of the morality police. I have given plenty of people credit. Who keeps track of that stuff? As far as I know, I don't have any kids posting here, so who cares how much praise I am giving?

Cardus
07-06-2010, 07:16 PM

I don't see "bitter" here. A contrarian view, or simply questioning others' views is accurate.

Stillriledup
07-06-2010, 07:24 PM
So I don't agree with people enough for your taste? Whatever. There is a long line for the chief of the morality police. I have given plenty of people credit. Who keeps track of that stuff? As far as I know, I don't have any kids posting here, so who cares how much praise I am giving?

I'm not saying you don't give praise, i'm just saying that every post i read from you seems to have a tone of "im better than you, you're an idiot, you dont know what you are talking about, let me show you how its done".

But, i guess if that's how you want to post, its not my place to say, i just don't appreciate you coming to my posts and adding little snide comments. I could put you on ignore, but i don't put people on ignore, i'm a likeable fellow who gets along very well with most of the posters here, i'd like to keep it that way.

Stillriledup
07-06-2010, 07:27 PM
I don't see "bitter" here. A contrarian view, or simply questioning others' views is accurate.

Maybe bitter was a little harsh, i just think that a contrarian view is totally fine, but when that's all you have, that's your entire game, its gets old after a while.

Dahoss9698
07-06-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm not saying you don't give praise, i'm just saying that every post i read from you seems to have a tone of "im better than you, you're an idiot, you dont know what you are talking about, let me show you how its done".

But, i guess if that's how you want to post, its not my place to say, i just don't appreciate you coming to my posts and adding little snide comments. I could put you on ignore, but i don't put people on ignore, i'm a likeable fellow who gets along very well with most of the posters here, i'd like to keep it that way.

You call NYRA a "buncha idiots", I respond "pot meet kettle" and I get a lesson in morality. Seems fair.

Cardus
07-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Maybe bitter was a little harsh, i just think that a contrarian view is totally fine, but when that's all you have, that's your entire game, its gets old after a while.

That's not true.

Stillriledup
07-06-2010, 07:50 PM
You call NYRA a "buncha idiots", I respond "pot meet kettle" and I get a lesson in morality. Seems fair.

I actually called THEM clowns and you called me a clown. That's why you get lessons in morality. Unless of course, you are NYRA. Are you NYRA?

Dahoss9698
07-06-2010, 07:54 PM
I actually called THEM clowns and you called me a clown. That's why you get lessons in morality. Unless of course, you are NYRA. Are you NYRA?

Well, you are a clown. Instead of worrying about how I post, worry about yourself, you likeable fellow, you.

johnhannibalsmith
07-06-2010, 08:09 PM
I actually called THEM clowns and you called me a clown...

I hate to get in the middle of something like this, but... why would you get irritated at someone for calling you a clown after you used the term to describe other people... by your own admission... particularly when some of those people are forum members...???

thespaah
07-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Belmont cancels Wednesday because of heat
By Dave Litfin

ELMONT, N.Y. - Due to excessive heat, Belmont Park has canceled its scheduled nine-race live racing program for Wednesday.

The facility will be open for simulcasting, and NYRA Rewards telebet and Internet wagering will be available.

A heat wave has broiled the New York metropolitan area since Sunday, and 100-degree temperatures were expected to continue through mid-week before moderating.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/114522.html
Hi temps today for the NY Metro Area..
LaGuardia, Central Park 103; JFK Airport and Islip, 102.
All locations are within 30 mins of Belmont Park.
More of the same expected for the next three days.
Sizzle sizzle.

thespaah
07-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Does Belmont have lights? They can run the races at 7pm when it gets cooler.no lights.

thespaah
07-06-2010, 08:45 PM
It's a " lightly used oval " according to you.

That's news to many. Yes, it gets light early now. How about in the winter? When does it get light then?
8am.....

Hanover1
07-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Clowns are funny....I like clowns......

PaceAdvantage
07-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Dont you have any more crossdressing or tranny websites you need to surf? Run along now and surf up those trannies.Where the F**K did this come from?

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Where the F**K did this come from?OK, I finally got where this came from...shows I need to read all the posts first before commenting I suppose...and some wonder why I am up at ungodly hours at times...you try reading every single post on here every single day while staying caught up and working for a living... :lol: