PDA

View Full Version : Uruguay blatant hand ball vs Ghana

Zippy Chippy
07-06-2010, 04:05 PM
I really hate hate how they advanced last game with that blatant hand ball. I know the rule is a red card and an almost certain PK, but it was cheap as hell. It would have been awful if they won the World Cup. Go NED!

DJofSD
07-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Don't tell me any more -- I'm going to watch it after I'm done working. <BG>

Yes, let's hear it for the Orange Men.

cj
07-06-2010, 06:12 PM
I really hate hate how they advanced last game with that blatant hand ball. I know the rule is a red card and an almost certain PK, but it was cheap as hell. It would have been awful if they won the World Cup. Go NED!

I'm not sure what else you would have like they guy to have done. Should he have just conceded defeat?

thaskalos
07-06-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure what else you would have like they guy to have done. Should he have just conceded defeat? The player did the right thing for his team. The play occurred right at the end of the game...so giving up the goal was not an option.

Anything is better than a sure goal...the penalty only succeeds about 75% of the time.

Space Monkey
07-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I believe it was Martin Tyler who said "Sanchez did what EVERY professional footballer would have done". End of story.

OTM Al
07-06-2010, 08:41 PM
It was a brilliant play. The defender knew what he had to do and what the consequences were. Had Ghana been able to make their PKs then they wouldn't have won then, but he gave them the chance.

cj's dad
07-06-2010, 09:07 PM
There was a play in the Ur./Neth match today approx. 6-8 seconds before the first goal where the Neth. player basically did not play the ball but "checked" the Ur. defender off the ball, about 7 yards above the 18. The ball came clear left and within seconds the 27 yarder was launched
(beautiful shot BTW) and the Dutch were up 1-0.

The call "could" have been that the Dutch player was "obstructing" the Ur. player- he clearly did not have any intention of playing the ball. Obstruction is a foul by the rules.

My point is that this one play changed the game !!

cj
07-06-2010, 10:47 PM
There was a play in the Ur./Neth match today approx. 6-8 seconds before the first goal where the Neth. player basically did not play the ball but "checked" the Ur. defender off the ball, about 7 yards above the 18. The ball came clear left and within seconds the 27 yarder was launched
(beautiful shot BTW) and the Dutch were up 1-0.

The call "could" have been that the Dutch player was "obstructing" the Ur. player- he clearly did not have any intention of playing the ball. Obstruction is a foul by the rules.

My point is that this one play changed the game !!

It was very likely off sides on the second Dutch goal as well. There is no way that didn't interfere with the goalie.

Robert Goren
07-07-2010, 12:01 AM
It is soccer, for God's sake. Please don't tell me you are wager on it.:rolleyes: