PDA

View Full Version : Nasa has a new mission

ArlJim78
07-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Forget about the shuttle, we can hitch a ride with the Russians even though it will cost more than maintaining the shuttle. Under Obama the new mission for Nasa (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/05/nasa-chief-frontier-better-relations-muslims/) is among other things to reach out to the Muslim world to help them feel good. This is according to the current Nasa administrator.

"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview. "

The dismantling of America continues...

cj's dad
07-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Forget about the shuttle, we can hitch a ride with the Russians even though it will cost more than maintaining the shuttle. Under Obama the new mission for Nasa (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/05/nasa-chief-frontier-better-relations-muslims/) is among other things to reach out to the Muslim world to help them feel good. This is according to the current Nasa administrator.

"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview. "

The only thing these a--holes have contributed to science and engineering is how to knock down two massive structures in NYC with hijacked airplanes.

Greyfox
07-05-2010, 08:23 PM
", he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview. "

Obama doesn't know much about history apparently.
Yes, mathematical and scientific contributions were made in the Middle East, by the Persians, Syrians, and Egyptians.
Unfortunately, they all took place many many years prior to the founding of the Muslim religion.
If anything the Muslim religion stalled the development of science and math in those regions.

Tom
07-05-2010, 08:30 PM
NASA should be developing a death ray satellite so that we can clean up the MESS their history has left on the world.

We gave up trying to find intelligent life on other planets, so now we try to find it in the middle east. Mars is more promising.

ArlJim78
07-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Nasa scientists, engineers, and technicians must be tickled pink.
Why who doesn't dream of joining Nasa so that you can help make the Muslim world feel better about their "contributions" to science.

hcap
07-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Obama doesn't know much about history apparently.
Yes, mathematical and scientific contributions were made in the Middle East, by the Persians, Syrians, and Egyptians.
Unfortunately, they all took place many many years prior to the founding of the Muslim religion.
If anything the Muslim religion stalled the development of science and math in those regions.

Not exactly.

From Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

"The Islamic Golden Age is traditionally dated from the mid-8th to the mid-13th century A.D. (sack of Baghdad by Hulagu, the grand-son of Gengis-Khan)[1][2]. During this period, artists, engineers, scholars, poets, philosophers, geographers and traders in the Islamic world contributed to agriculture, the arts, economics, industry, law, literature, navigation, philosophy, sciences, sociology, and technology, both by preserving earlier traditions and by adding inventions and innovations of their own.[3] Howard R. Turner writes: "Muslim artists and scientists, princes and laborers together made a unique culture that has directly and indirectly influenced societies on every continent."

Greyfox
07-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Not exactly.

From Wiki

"The Islamic Golden Age is traditionally dated from the mid-8th to the mid-13th century A.D. (sack of Baghdad by Hulagu, the grand-son of Gengis-Khan)[1][2]. During this period, artists, engineers, scholars, poets, philosophers, geographers and traders in the Islamic world contributed to agriculture, the arts, economics, industry, law, literature, navigation, philosophy, sciences, sociology, and technology, both by preserving earlier traditions and by adding inventions and innovations of their own.[3] Howard R. Turner writes: "Muslim artists and scientists, princes and laborers together made a unique culture that has directly and indirectly influenced societies on every continent."

Wiki - can't totally be trusted. But assuming it can, you will find that the Western World leaped ahead of them by light years in terms of inventiveness since the dates you quote. The Muslims weren't far from the stone age.
The greatest breakthroughs in the Arab world were pre Mohammed over 2,000 years ago. You'll note that the authors of wiki referred to the above as the "Islamic Golden Age." They never mentioned that more significant contributions were made pre Muslim.

bigmack
07-05-2010, 10:17 PM
he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering,"
Let's assume they had some input about the time rocks were being formed.

In 2010, they're still way behind in JJ's. :cool:

QdggP7rw0mg

JustRalph
07-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Not exactly.

From Wiki

Yeah, and ten minutes after all that shit they decided to treat their women like dirty stinking dogs....... you know....... mutilation of their genitals , making them wear a sack over the face and killing them for some bullshit honor betrayal. Including currently stoning them to death!!!

Yeah, did you read that part in Wiki? How about the part where they vow to kill every American they can? did you see that part?

Robert Goren
07-06-2010, 12:32 AM
The Muslims may have contributed somethings early in the history of their religion, but they haven't done anything of note in centuries except get really good at growing poppies.;)

Pell Mell
07-06-2010, 07:58 AM
How many positions were filled by Obummer with blacks or women who are fat or ugly or both, all of them totally incompetent? Seems to me there are plenty of capable people out there but the problem is they are mostly white men and we can't have that can we?

Talk about being biased, but of course, having said this, I'll be labeled a racist. :bang:

Robert Goren
07-06-2010, 08:11 AM
All the good looking blond women were already working for Fox News.;)

Mike at A+
07-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Tell ya what Mr. Prez - you want to "reach out" to the Muslim world? How about you go into the border region between Afghanistan and Pakistan without your bodyguards and ask some of the locals if you could get a "sit down" with Osama? You could bring along a camera crew from MSNBC and reporters from all the newspapers you have in your pocket and they could bill it as the Osama-bama Summit. Since they don't consume alcohol, maybe you could bring along some non-alcoholic brew to toast any successes that may come out of your meeting. While you're away, put Bobby Jindal in charge of plugging the hole and hire George W. Bush as a consultant to address the unemployment situation. When you get back, all will be well in America. And if you don't get back, well, we'll try our best to survive without your divine guidance.

JustRalph
07-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Tell ya what Mr. Prez - you want to "reach out" to the Muslim world? How about you go into the border region between Afghanistan and Pakistan without your bodyguards and ask some of the locals if you could get a "sit down" with Osama? You could bring along a camera crew from MSNBC and reporters from all the newspapers you have in your pocket and they could bill it as the Osama-bama Summit. Since they don't consume alcohol, maybe you could bring along some non-alcoholic brew to toast any successes that may come out of your meeting. While you're away, put Bobby Jindal in charge of plugging the hole and hire George W. Bush as a consultant to address the unemployment situation. When you get back, all will be well in America. And if you don't get back, well, we'll try our best to survive without your divine guidance.

And Make Crazy Joe Prez???? :lol: That would be a big Fing Deal huh??

BlueShoe
07-06-2010, 05:24 PM
And Make Crazy Joe Prez???? :lol: That would be a big Fing Deal huh??
Can think of something even worse. Obama becomes the permanent community organizer for Afghanistan, Crazy Joe declines the top spot and retires, and that leaves the Speaker of the House as Prez.:eek: It may seem inconceivable at this point, but Pelosi just might be potentialially a worse president than the one we have now.

DJofSD
07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
What the f*ck ever happened to the separation of church and state? Oh, I see, it does not apply since this is a foriegn state and a most favored religion. Never mind.

surfdog89
07-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Big Mack thanks for posting the JJ's........... funny stuff ...... Back to the Stone Age.........:bang:

Tom
07-06-2010, 07:40 PM
An American stepped on the moon.
A muslim stepped in goat poop.

Contributions my arse.