PDA

View Full Version : The Choice

OTM Al
07-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Not a big named stakes for our last highlighted race of the weekend, but an interesting one with what looks to me a very vulnerable favorite. So get out your pps and turn to the tenth at Monmouth.

Fantastico Roberto is the morning line favorite. Maybe the crowd will put him there in the real betting as well, but I just don't see it in the win spot. His two wins in Italy are kinda like a horse that made his first two at Calder and then shipped to Belmont. Maybe the Pletcher-Velazquez combo will get him favoritism but I think he's only to be used underneath.

I like Two Notch Road here. He has a listed win to his credit along with a credible run last out. Three for three on the surface is icing on the cake. Will also use They Call Me Giant over and under. I'm usually not one big on jockeys, but Bravo is a underrated turf rider and this is his back yard. The horse, despite facing winners for the first time, looks in fine form and should have a fair price. Thunder Brew could upset the apple cart for me, but I'm going against him. This horse hasn't had a break in months and I just don't think he can hold his form.

So my bet today is exactas, 8/1+7 and a 7+8 box.

ManeMediaMogul
07-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I agree about Fantastico Roberto but Thunder Brew, Two Notch Road and Devon Rock looked like the major contenders to me.

PhantomOnTour
07-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Early look for me says the 3-6.

The 3-EH Indy ran well in his last and improved his fig in first start vs winners, which is the mark of a good one imo, but he did do it vs old claimers like En Fuego. This field is better than that. I also like the cutback from 10f. If Castro takes him off the pace and makes one run he could be tough.

The 6 is just too consistent to leave out. Lotsa black type and wins in his lines.

garyscpa
07-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Tenth Race
Scratches

#3 E.H. Indy

#4 Montesquieu

#8 Two Notch Road

#9 Teaks North

OTM Al
07-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Tenth Race
Scratches

#3 E.H. Indy

#4 Montesquieu

#8 Two Notch Road

#9 Teaks North

Man that's pathetic. Really just gutted what should have been a fun race. Not sure its even playable now, though if boredom strikes a straight 7-1 exacta might be played.

nijinski
07-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Defections galore, oh well

Devons Rock
Fantastic Roberto
They Call Me Giant

OTM Al
07-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Instead of taking the easy route and complaining and making accusations, founded or otherwise, let's make this a positive. How do you as a bettor deal with this situation? Take it either that your picks are intact or you lost one. Do you still play? Do you change the wager you wanted to make or the dollar amount?

Tom
07-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Man that's pathetic. Really just gutted what should have been a fun race. Not sure its even playable now, though if boredom strikes a straight 7-1 exacta might be played.

Hope you reversed it.

OTM Al
07-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Hope you reversed it.

Nope, just skipped it entirely. It just wasn't worth it. Only made three bets today but did finish up a whole four bucks. Better than losing. Too hot out there anyway. Won't be surprised if there are cancellations the next couple days.