PDA

View Full Version : Hey Man.....I Got To Feed My Family !!!

sonnyp
07-05-2010, 01:52 AM
:lol:from ESPN SPORTS.COM :

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/in.gif LATEST SIGNINGS

Pierce, Celtics agree to 4-year, $61M deal
Nowitzki, Mavs agree to 4-year, $80M deal
Lakers, Blake agree to 4-year, $16M deal
Suns, Warrick agree to 4-year, $18M deal
Bucks, Salmons agree to 5-year, $39M deal
Suns, Frye agree to 5-year, $30M deal
Raps, Johnson agree to 5-year, $34M deal
Griz, Gay agree to 5-year, $80M deal
Bucks, Gooden agree to 5-year, $32M deal
Wolves, Darko agree to 4-year, $20M dea
is there something out of whack here ? economy crumbling, world markets on the verge of collapse, unemployment at nearly 10 % ???

you'd never know it by these salaries.

JustRalph
07-05-2010, 03:24 AM
Those are babyshit compared to what's coming later this week

dav4463
07-07-2010, 01:00 AM

That one is really out of whack! He isn't that good!

cj
07-07-2010, 10:24 AM

Same with Joe Johnson, he is no max guy. Signings like these keep teams mediocre.

News is Bosh and Wade are going to Miami, and apparently Wade met with other teams just to get info back to Miami. That just doesn't seem right. Teams are accused of collusion all the time, but I guess it is OK for players to do it.

OTM Al
07-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Same with Joe Johnson, he is no max guy. Signings like these keep teams mediocre.

News is Bosh and Wade are going to Miami, and apparently Wade met with other teams just to get info back to Miami. That just doesn't seem right. Teams are accused of collusion all the time, but I guess it is OK for players to do it.

It is not collusion under the law for workers to get together and decide where they want to work or to gather information about workplaces. They do not have the power to set salaries or to hire, the teams do. While it may seem disingenuous, it is not collusion under the law.

wisconsin
07-07-2010, 11:41 AM

It's signings like these that cause the really outrageous and over the top signings that will follow in the days to come......

cj
07-07-2010, 02:15 PM
It is not collusion under the law for workers to get together and decide where they want to work or to gather information about workplaces. They do not have the power to set salaries or to hire, the teams do. While it may seem disingenuous, it is not collusion under the law.

I know it isn't, and didn't mean to suggest as much. I do think it sets a terrible precedent and will be hoping they don't win it all.

cj
07-07-2010, 02:16 PM
It's signings like these that cause the really outrageous and over the top signings that will follow in the days to come......

In the case of the NBA, not really. They can only pay the same amount to guys like Lebron.

OTM Al
07-07-2010, 05:26 PM
In the case of the NBA, not really. They can only pay the same amount to guys like Lebron.

Considering the amount of money that he generates, Lebron is worth a heck of a lot more than he will be getting paid. I say more power to these guys. No one is making the teams pay them. Get what you can because a career can end tomorrow just like that.

cj
07-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Considering the amount of money that he generates, Lebron is worth a heck of a lot more than he will be getting paid. I say more power to these guys. No one is making the teams pay them. Get what you can because a career can end tomorrow just like that.

I agree with this too, it just seems a little strange that a bunch of players can sit around decide to play together. There is pretty much no incentive to run a decent franchise (ala the Spurs, Thunder, Blazers) when the bigger markets just spend more. It is almost like baseball.

cj's dad
07-07-2010, 10:26 PM

The greatest heart surgeon (Dr. Ben Carson) in the entire world practices at the Johns Hopkins Hospital- the greatest medical establishment in the USA- I doubt that he is paid the amount of money that this athlete is paid.

Dr. Benjamin Carson cannot possibly earn this amount of money in the next five years. Ben Carson saves lives and has been instrumental in cutting edge technology - and NBA players make more $$$$$$$$$ than he?

What a joke !!

sonnyp
07-07-2010, 10:39 PM
The greatest heart surgeon (Dr. Ben Carson) in the entire world practices at the Johns Hopkins Hospital- the greatest medical establishment in the USA- I doubt that he is paid the amount of money that this athlete is paid.

Dr. Benjamin Carson cannot possibly earn this amount of money in the next five years. Ben Carson saves lives and has been instrumental in cutting edge technology - and NBA players make more $$$$$$$$$ than he?

What a joke !!

THIS......THIS WAS WHAT I WAS INFERING. no matter what level they do what they do...... they are putting a ball thru a hoop !!!!

this society is upside down and nobody even notices it any more.

lebron conspiring with d wade, where's bosh going ? it doesn't matter, it's bullshit......but it draws a lot of flies.

cj's dad
07-07-2010, 10:52 PM
THIS......THIS WAS WHAT I WAS INFERING. no matter what level they do what they do...... they are putting a ball thru a hoop !!!!

lebron conspiring with d wade, where's bosh going ? it doesn't matter, it's bullshit......but it draws a lot of flies.

I understand !! The world is upside down when it pays a bunch of so called athletes to "entertain" them by playing b-ball, ice hockey, baseball, football, .... whatever !!

LeBron James is announcing his "plans" on ESPN tomorrow evening .

To those of you who care ---- you all rally need to get a perspective on life !!

Robert Goren
07-07-2010, 11:34 PM

lebron conspiring with d wade, where's bosh going ? it doesn't matter, it's bullshit......but it draws a lot of flies. There were companies that needed government money to survive whose CEOs got more money in a year than the best paid athlete gets in a lifetime. I guess it is all in how you look at. One more thing, they are not get paid to put a ball through a hoop. They are getting paid to have people pay to watch them put a ball through a hoop.

Robert Goren
07-07-2010, 11:39 PM
I understand !! The world is upside down when it pays a bunch of so called athletes to "entertain" them by playing b-ball, ice hockey, baseball, football, .... whatever !!

LeBron James is announcing his "plans" on ESPN tomorrow evening .

To those of you who care ---- you all rally need to get a perspective on life !! Or race horses? Take a look at yearing prices and stud fees. Now that is something that is really out of whack.

sonnyp
07-08-2010, 12:57 AM
They are getting paid to have people pay to watch them put a ball through a hoop.

you're correct...basic economics, supply and demand. i'm just saying what the public demands these days is f-ck-d up.

dav4463
07-08-2010, 02:53 AM
The NBA reminds me of grade school when all the best players would choose up sides and end up on the same team and beat the crap out of the rest of us in whatever sport we are playing! Sometimes I would be on the "cool" guy team, sometimes not. I felt more comfortable with my losing friends anyway. We had more fun!

Robert Fischer
07-08-2010, 04:56 PM
it's a crazy world. Somewhere yesterday a teacher completed one of many after-school sessions and taught a would-be career prisoner how to read and be productive... A militant spiritual leader taught a would-be political terrorist peaceful alternatives to violence.... Somebody's father-figure stepped in and raised a young man to respect women....

sometimes we reward the wrong things (geneticly gifted athletically prowessed individuals), and your so called "basic" good-deeds go un-rewarded

JustRalph
07-09-2010, 12:43 AM
I'd give 15 bucks for somebody to slap that lady in the Progressive Commercial.........

Now that would be a worthy deed