PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else getting sick of Firecrackers

JustRalph
07-04-2010, 01:55 PM
I have just about had my fill of these things..........

All over the area idiots have been setting these things off.......

My cats are about to come out of their skin and one wingnut is firing a cannon not far from me............. :bang: :bang:

PaceAdvantage
07-04-2010, 01:58 PM
At least around me, they generally wait until the sun goes down...then all hell breaks loose for a few hours... :lol:

Indulto
07-04-2010, 03:43 PM
It's really tough on pets. I have to keep reminding ours how wonderful it is to lve in a free country. Seems to work between cherry bombs.

trackrat59
07-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Laughing at this one.

I live in the woods but have some open fields of pasture for my horses. I have one field I call the Campfire field. It's really in the woods but still 50% pasture.

A few years back we had a bad drought. I had my horses in the Campfire field since it's shaded and has the best grass during dry weather. Don't you know my idiot neighbors on July 4th set off fire works right next to my Campfire field, in the trees, and over my horses heads. :bang:

I'll let you work the visual on that one.

sandpit
07-04-2010, 06:20 PM
I have just about had my fill of these things..........

All over the area idiots have been setting these things off.......

My cats are about to come out of their skin and one wingnut is firing a cannon not far from me............. :bang: :bang:

Is it legal for an individual to even own a functioning cannon?

Tom
07-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm sitting in my chair in the driveway, cooking ribs, sucking down a Labatts ICE, and the guy across the street lets off a Gr 3 Nuke! My ears are still ringing.

chrisl
07-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I have to blow something up every year. I used to use seal bombs, they could do some damage. I would never have anyone's animal withing earshot.

Tom
07-04-2010, 06:39 PM
What?

WinterTriangle
07-04-2010, 06:46 PM
It's really tough on pets.

I have a dog I have to "ace" because she will try to burrow thru the ground, the floor, the furniture, anything to escape the noise. If she's inside, she tries to get out. If she's outside, she tries to get in. She doesn't get the concept that there is no escape. It is just more humane to ace her this one weekend a year, with my vet's blessings.

I have to keep reminding ours how wonderful it is to lve in a free country. Seems to work between cherry bombs.

Word!:ThmbUp:

JustRalph
07-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Is it legal for an individual to even own a functioning cannon?

I don't think there is a projectile......... let's hope not.......he is right across the water from me with that thing pointed at me....... :lol:

I think it has a wad of paper in it and it just comes out and sprays everywhere

But it is loud as hell.......rattles the windows

Pell Mell
07-04-2010, 06:59 PM
There's idiots and then there's bigger idiots. Evidently this guy is near the top. Takes his whole arm off! :bang:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/03/police-new-york-man-blows-arm-party-fireworks/?test=latestnews

johnhannibalsmith
07-05-2010, 01:08 AM
In my teen years, some friends and I devised some cool launch tubes from which to fire bottle rockets out of the car window. Other than that, fireworks suck.

letswastemoney
07-05-2010, 01:37 AM
They sound like gunshots. I don't like them.

If I was at Disneyland or something, I'd feel a lot safer knowing professionals are setting them off.

But when my neighbors do it? Right next to where I live or near my car? I don't like it at all.

Marshall Bennett
07-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Is it me or are they getting louder ? Last night it sounded like a war zone here and the nearest to my home was at least a half mile away . These weren't commercial displays either .

Pell Mell
07-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Is it me or are they getting louder ? Last night it sounded like a war zone here and the nearest to my home was at least a half mile away . These weren't commercial displays either .

Get use to it, the war zone is coming. ;)

LutherCalvin
07-05-2010, 10:31 AM
As a Vietnam vet, I must say that the 4th of July is my least favorite holiday due to the noise of fireworks. It triggers my PTSD.

jballscalls
07-05-2010, 12:23 PM
i'm beyond sick of fireworks. that being said, i was at my buddy's house on the 3rd, and watching his little kids enjoying the fireworks did make it a lot funner. It's kind of like xmas, its way funner with kids around!