PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Justice in Wake At Noon tragedy

OntheRail
07-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Schickedanz Barred From Racing at Woodbine

Snipit,,, BH
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at Woodbine in Canada, Daily Racing Form reported July 2.

Tom Marino, who was Wake At Noon's trainer of record at the time of the breakdown, has been ruled off for an indefinite period, according to the Form.

Bloodhorse (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57746/schickedanz-barred-from-racing-at-woodbine)

GOOD for Woodbine.

tucker6
07-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Schickedanz Barred From Racing at Woodbine

Snipit,,, BH
Owner and breeder Bruno Schickedanz has been barred from entering or stabling horses at Woodbine in Canada, Daily Racing Form reported July 2.

Tom Marino, who was Wake At Noon's trainer of record at the time of the breakdown, has been ruled off for an indefinite period, according to the Form.

Bloodhorse (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57746/schickedanz-barred-from-racing-at-woodbine)

GOOD for Woodbine.
I'd call it criminal moreso than a tragedy. A tragedy is an event with a surprising and negative outcome. I'm not sure a 13 year old breaking down after a long retirement period would be considered surprising.

joanied
07-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Good for Woodbine? They HAD to do this, and shame on them for allowing this horse to be snuck in and run in the first place.
I say, shame on Woodbine.

HuggingTheRail
07-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Good for Woodbine? They HAD to do this, and shame on them for allowing this horse to be snuck in and run in the first place.
I say, shame on Woodbine.

Having done backstretch security in my younger years, let me assure you sneaking in a horse would be VERY easy to do. Van pulls up at gate, hands security guard a piece of paper with 2 horses names on it...guard sees two horses in trailer....lets vehicle in.
Now on the grounds, its a piece of cake to get the horse on the track...just tell the clockers its another horse...no one checks tattoo's for entry into the grounds or for workouts.

OntheRail
07-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I'd call it criminal moreso than a tragedy. A tragedy is an event with a surprising and negative outcome. I'm not sure a 13 year old breaking down after a long retirement period would be considered surprising.

I agree what the people did was criminal...but for the horse it was a tragedy.
And I'm pleased that WO did not just slap their hand and wag a finger in their face. Instead but a boot to their backside. Now we need the Canadian SPCA to hit them with criminal charges.

kenwoodall2
07-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Having done backstretch security in my younger years, let me assure you sneaking in a horse would be VERY easy to do. Van pulls up at gate, hands security guard a piece of paper with 2 horses names on it...guard sees two horses in trailer....lets vehicle in.
Now on the grounds, its a piece of cake to get the horse on the track...just tell the clockers its another horse...no one checks tattoo's for entry into the grounds or for workouts.
Yes, and they are supposed to turn n paperwork on the horse to the office. After hours, why does security not ID horses by markingd, then s dropbox for the paperwork at the security shack that goes to the office, can just drop the whole box of papers at the office in the morning.
Yes things are easy to do- the deterent is punishment.