PDA

View Full Version : Do you know the enemy? Obama doesn't

JustRalph
07-02-2010, 08:09 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/01/AR2010070104542.html?nav=rss_opinion/columns

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/09/09/PH2007090901744.gif
By Charles Krauthammer
Friday, July 2, 2010

Terror -- and candor in describing the Islamist ideology behind it

The Fort Hood shooter, the Christmas Day bomber, the Times Square attacker. On May 13, the following exchange occurred at a hearing of the House Judiciary Committee:

Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Tex.): Do you feel that these individuals might have been incited to take the actions that they did because of radical Islam?

Attorney General Eric Holder: There are a variety of reasons why I think people have taken these actions. . . .

Smith: Okay, but radical Islam could have been one of the reasons?

Holder: There are a variety of reasons why people --

Smith: But was radical Islam one of them?

Holder: There are a variety of reasons why people do these things. Some of them are potentially religious-based.

Potentially, mind you. This went on until the questioner gave up in exasperation.

A similar question arose last week in U.S. District Court when Faisal Shahzad, the Times Square attacker, pleaded guilty. Explained Shahzad:

"One has to understand where I'm coming from . . . I consider myself a mujahid, a Muslim soldier."

Well, that is clarifying. As was the self-printed business card of Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the Fort Hood shooter, identifying himself as SoA: Soldier of Allah.

Holder's avoidance of the obvious continues the absurd and embarrassing refusal of the Obama administration to acknowledge who out there is trying to kill Americans and why. In fact, it has banned from its official vocabulary the terms jihadist, Islamist and Islamic terrorism.

much more at the link

Mike at A+
07-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Not only is it dangerous that our "leaders" think this way, but the kool-aid drinkers who hang on their every word continue to support this line of thinking despite the obvious proof that they are wrong. Obama worshippers go against every logical way of thinking JUST TO OPPOSE the conservative thinkers who know better. We're in a very dangerous place and the enemy is happy that we are so divided. Their window of opportunity is as open as ever.

Tom
07-03-2010, 12:44 AM
I know who the enemy is. Our leaders.
Obama has done far more harm than Osama and he is just getting started.

When it comes to threat to America, Obama leads the pack.
The sooner people wake up to what a mad dog this slimeball is the better.

jballscalls
07-03-2010, 10:40 AM
I know who the enemy is. Our leaders.
Obama has done far more harm than Osama and he is just getting started.

When it comes to threat to America, Obama leads the pack.
The sooner people wake up to what a mad dog this slimeball is the better.

how many times have you said this in this last year? gotta be in double digits by now

Tom
07-03-2010, 11:23 AM
How many times has he proven me correct?

PaceAdvantage
07-03-2010, 10:31 PM
how many times have you said this in this last year? gotta be in double digits by nowHe still has a long way to go to catch what was said about Bush for eight years here...

jballscalls
07-03-2010, 11:07 PM
He still has a long way to go to catch what was said about Bush for eight years here...

i know, i only caught the last two years (i think i joined here in 2006) but i do recall him being called Rutabega alot and insulted.

I probably shouldn't have been snide to tom's remark either, just gets old reading the same things over and over and over ya know?

Tom gave out Ice box in the Fla derby, he's good in my eyes just for that!

Tom
07-03-2010, 11:18 PM
You know what is rally important, JB. :ThmbUp:

Not to worry about snide. Snide never hurt anyone.

hcap
07-04-2010, 05:52 AM
He still has a long way to go to catch what was said about Bush for eight years here...Total crapola

You guys surpasses 8 years of bush bashing in the first few months of Obamas' presidency.
You are in total denial.

Tom
07-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Ho ho ho hcap.
You really are forgetting a LOT of stuff.

hcap
07-04-2010, 04:14 PM
So much stuff?? Cons on this board have always outnumbered libs. Now we are outnumbered much more.

And all of you guys post anti Obama crap all the time. Back in the bush bashing days, there were only a few of us and we were out gunned on most bashing threads. You are in denial.

BTW, I never called the rutabaga a POS, a traitor, slimeball roach, or accused him of betrayal or for that matter never called Coulter a bitch. Your favorite description of Pelosi

So not only has tha quantity of anti Obama stuff far out paced 8 years of bush bashing, but the level of vitriol has as well

bigmack
07-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Cons on this board have always outnumbered libs. Now we are outnumbered much more.
Don't tell me your bitterness stems from you being outnumbered everywhere you go?

It's a fact of life, libs are a minority. Albeit, medications are making advances so don't fret, there's hope. :p

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/7_4_10_13_19_35.png

fast4522
07-04-2010, 04:49 PM
I think this guy says it best about Liberalism!

Robert Goren
07-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Is that Johnny Cash?

hcap
07-04-2010, 05:05 PM
I was simply stating a fact. Bush bashing never rose to the same level in quantity or hatred as Obama bashing has here on this board. Demographics does not explain the ratio here of 4 or 5 x as many cons as libs, and a constant bombardment of crap

And level of hate and idiocy? The Fast idiot who posted above. Totally clueless to who Johnny Cash
really was. Cash was a liberal. Pprobably meant that finger and contempt for dried up cons and repugs on this board

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1557881/posts

Why Hollywood Loves Johnny Cash—and not Merle Haggard

"But a major part of Cash’s appeal to the Left Coast and elite culture in general is political: almost alone among prominent country singers, Cash incorporated 1960s protest politics into his songs. That stance helped revive and sustain his career and brought disproportionate praise for his music—which pales beside that of other big country stars, particularly his contemporary Merle Haggard."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/481392.stm

...His was the liberal voice of country music, opposing the Vietnam War and supporting racial equality.

....Cash and Carter became more socially active in the 1970s, campaigning for the civil rights of native Americans and prisoners, as well as frequently working with the evangelist Billy Graham.

hcap
07-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Well, you wonder why I always dress in black;
Why you never see bright colours on my back;
And why does my appearance seem to have a sombre tone.
Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on.

I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down;
Livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town;
I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime,
But is there because he's a victim of the times.

I wear the black for those who've never read,
Or listened to the words that Jesus said,
About the road to happiness through love and charity;
Why, you'd think He's talking straight to you and me.

Well, we're doin' mighty fine, I do suppose,
In our streak-of-lightnin' cars and fancy clothes.
But just so we're reminded of the ones who are held back,
Up front there ought to be a Man In Black.

I wear it for the sick and lonely old,
For the reckless ones whose bad trip left them cold;
I wear the black in mournin' for the lives that could have been:
Each week we lose a hundred fine young men.

And, I wear it for the thousands who have died,
Believin' that the Lord was on their side.
I wear it for another hundred thousand who have died,
Believin' that we all were on their side.

Well, there's things that never will be right I know,
And things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK.
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Til things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black.

Written by John R. Cash.
(© Bug Music/Songs of Cash/Bughouse.)
From "A Man In Black", © 1971, Columbia Records.

hcap
07-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Early Cash<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i1xSt7iganA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i1xSt7iganA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Pell Mell
07-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Well, you wonder why I always dress in black;
Why you never see bright colours on my back;
And why does my appearance seem to have a sombre tone.
Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on.

I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down;
Livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town;
I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime,
But is there because he's a victim of the times.

I wear the black for those who've never read,
Or listened to the words that Jesus said,
About the road to happiness through love and charity;
Why, you'd think He's talking straight to you and me.

Well, we're doin' mighty fine, I do suppose,
In our streak-of-lightnin' cars and fancy clothes.
But just so we're reminded of the ones who are held back,
Up front there ought to be a Man In Black.

I wear it for the sick and lonely old,
For the reckless ones whose bad trip left them cold;
I wear the black in mournin' for the lives that could have been:
Each week we lose a hundred fine young men.

And, I wear it for the thousands who have died,
Believin' that the Lord was on their side.
I wear it for another hundred thousand who have died,
Believin' that we all were on their side.

Well, there's things that never will be right I know,
And things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK.
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Til things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black.

Written by John R. Cash.
(© Bug Music/Songs of Cash/Bughouse.)
From "A Man In Black", © 1971, Columbia Records.

The difference between Cash and most libs is that John was a God fearing man who spent a lot of time with the Bible, as does the rest of his family that I happen to know.

hcap
07-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Many liberals are religious. Cash was a liberal and religious.
And?

Pell Mell
07-04-2010, 07:29 PM
And?

You know damned well what I mean but I have decided you aren't worth the effort and if the others here had any sense they would do what I'm doing, hitting the ignore button, because if there's anything that people like you and Mosty hate most is being ignored.

hcap
07-04-2010, 07:37 PM
You know damned well what I mean but I have decided you aren't worth the effort and if the others here had any sense they would do what I'm doing, hitting the ignore button, because if there's anything that people like you and Mosty hate most is being ignored.Liberalism and religion are not mutually exclusive.

Cash was a liberal. Accept it. And he would not have given his fellow libs the finger. As Fast thinks.

It might have been reserved for prejudiced and screw your fellow man types that inhabit this board.
Ignore away. No big loss.

Tom
07-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Many liberals are religious.

When it suits them.

PaceAdvantage
07-05-2010, 02:55 AM
So not only has tha quantity of anti Obama stuff far out paced 8 years of bush bashing, but the level of vitriol has as wellThe fact that you can type this in all seriousness says all there needs to be said about you.

fast4522
07-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Just because Mr Johnny Cash was the type who would give you the shirt off off his back or the house of Cash would be charitable and believed that it was its brothers keeper did it mean that the man thought others had to. The man and his music often was about the underdog in life, and the struggle.

jballscalls
07-05-2010, 10:31 AM
And?

And? a drug addict?

fast4522
07-05-2010, 02:17 PM
I do not believe Johnny Cash was a Liberal or a drug addict in the end of life. All of us are tested at some point in our lives some early some in the middle or the end, some take all the wrong turns and end up correctly while others take all the correct turns and end up short. The man's music accurately depicts a struggle either rich or a poor man may be in and not liberal or conservative.

JustRalph
07-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Johnny Cash's early years were rough and he wasn't very nice to be around. I knew someone that played in his band........when he was a speed freak.

He made a mark on music.......and the admiration should come from the last months of his life when he turned out a deluge of fine stuff on a couple of albums and songs.........knowing his end was near.........he stepped up and hit a home run and walked off a winner