PDA

View Full Version : Interesting mistake perpetrated by UBet

markgoldie
07-01-2010, 04:03 PM
In today's first race at MR, Ubet (and I might presume other ADWs) listed a driver change on the #1 horse My Sweet Rosie to Wm. Parker, who is by far the leading day-to-day driver at the track. My Sweet Rosie closed at odds of 3-2, presumably with Parker and the rail. I participated in the trifecta and superfecta, using the #1 as a Key horse.

As the race unfolded, #8 Pine Ranger, listed as being driven by his regular driver/trainer Keith Hasse, sprinted to the lead (which he never does) and cut the mile to win, paying $34.40 in the process. However, it was not Hasse (a .051 UDR driver) who pulled this miraculous turnaround, but in fact, the forementioned Parker, who was incorrectly listed as driving the #1.

With purely logical and usable horses finishing 2,3,and 4, the trifecta paid $298 and the superfecta $1420. The #1, My Sweet Rosie was in fact driven by regular driver Marohn Jr. and finished 4th as the 3-2 favorite.

Even consulting the "Changes for Monticello" section on the Ubet website listed Parker as driving the #1. For those who do other things (like me), listening to the post parade to pick up such changes is not a normal option. Not only was I robbed under this scenario, but I'd bet many other were as well. But since I don't wager through Ubet (with their "mini" rewards program that masquerades as a rebate), I certainly have no redress from them. On the other hand, I'm not sure that even normal Ubet customers would get any satisfaction from this costly blunder.

bigmack
07-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Doesn't fraud have to be intentional?

JBmadera
07-01-2010, 04:11 PM
both TVG and Twinspires had Haase listed as the driver of the 8....not sure of the legal definition of fraud but I'm with Mark on this one - BS!.....:ThmbDown:

markgoldie
07-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Yes. Fraud does contain an element of intent. But I was speaking of it in generic terms, not a legal one. Perhaps the word was ill-chosen.

At any rate, I'm sure the people at Ubet will give the standard reply to anyone complaining, such as: "While every attempt is made to avoid such errors, for their own protection, we caution all bettors to confirm the actual driver and/or other changes that are posted on our site." In layman's terms, this means: Go f**k yourself.

bigmack
07-01-2010, 04:34 PM
At any rate, I'm sure the people at Ubet will give the standard reply to anyone complaining, such as: "While every attempt is made to avoid such errors, for their own protection, we caution all bettors to confirm the actual driver and/or other changes that are posted on our site." In layman's terms, this means: Go f**k yourself.
Sounds similar to the language at every ADW. That's a boatload of F-U's.

melman
07-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Mark---For what it's worth Phonebet DID have the correct driver on the 8 posted well in advance of the race. That really gives Ubet NO excuse. But they will use the "every attempt" angle to dodge any upset customers.

LottaKash
07-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Sounds similar to the language at every ADW. That's a boatload of F-U's.

Not wanting to defend Youbet all that much, but, usually when the tracks give the update about the drivers to the ADWs, Youbet most often gets it right....

I have seen many a nite when a driver calls out sick or something, and all of the subsequent races are usually updated to reflect this change, including most last minute changes, at that.....STill, I do catch them once in awhile...

Perhaps in "this instance", Monty may have been to blame......A Big Shame on whoever is at fault tho.....Hey, it is real Kash....That would definitely piss me off....

IMO, the tracks should do their utmost to get this right...

best,

melman
07-01-2010, 05:08 PM
LK---"In this instance" if Phonebet could have it correct (and they did) then someone was sleeping not at Monticello but at the "combine" of Ubet TS. Mark I feel like I reached in your pocket and stole money. Any wonder why the racing industry is in trouble.

markgoldie
07-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks to the Administrator for changing my unfortunate use of the word "fraud."

PaceAdvantage
07-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks to the Administrator for changing my unfortunate use of the word "fraud."Happy to help...

melman
07-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Mark---On a side note. If your in an area that has Verizon Fios service for internet and TV give it a go. The interent video on Phonebet with Fios is amazing. Just flat out amazing. They cover every track in the country except NYRA. Even have racing from England and France if u like that sort of thing. :)

badcompany
07-01-2010, 06:15 PM
NYCOTB had Marohn Jr. listed on the #1 and Haase on the #8. Nowhere on the site could you have found out that Parker was really on the #8, and that's a huge driver change. I doubt Haase ever won a race from the 8 hole in his life.

The Monticello site doesn't even show you any info about the track, just the racino. The "raceway" link goes nowhere.

http://www.monticellogamingandraceway.com/index.php

No wonder this game is dying.

bigmack
07-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Mark---On a side note. If your in an area that has Verizon Fios service for internet and TV give it a go. The interent video on Phonebet with Fios is amazing. Just flat out amazing. They cover every track in the country except NYRA. Even have racing from England and France if u like that sort of thing. :)
Mel, you have all the luck, it's not available here in SanD. :ThmbDown:

Now I know why all the pretty woman flock to you.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/MM.jpg

melman
07-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Hey BigMac u can become a member of the Melman fan club. For only $99.95 per month. Video included. Check with JR I believe he also has Fios. It's fantastic. I think however that Ralph will not share any of his video fan club. :)

Monticello did get the word out of the driver change.

http://tote.phonebet.com/CHGMNC-C.PHP

melman
07-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Look like that link will not work without an account number. You will just have to trust me. Now there is a problem. :lol:

LottaKash
07-01-2010, 09:25 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/MM.jpg

NIce SOcks...!!

best,

Pacingguy
07-02-2010, 05:21 AM
The whole system of driver changes is manual and can cause problems. First of all, at Catskill OTB, driver changes get put up if someone gets around to it. Secondly, with Youbet. Monticello could have sent the driver change incorrectly at first and then corrected it later. Youbet may have picked up the first change and not the correction.

Errors do happen. The point is there are many places along the process where it can go wrong.

Stillriledup
07-03-2010, 03:52 AM
I can't tell you how many times i've been screwed by someone (drf are you listening?) who listed the wrong jockey or driver.

I remember betting a nice filly named Unzip me at Santa Anita earlier this year, i absolutely loved her, but didnt like the jock. So, i bet her normally and not extra big. I felt like puking when she won easily and Trevor said, "chalk up another winner for Rafael Bejarano". If i had known RB was riding this filly, i would have bet much more on her to win. This steamed me to no end.

I guess the bottom line is this. You can't ever 100 pct trust anyone to give you the correct information. The only thing you can do is to go to the paddock and see if the jockey listed is actually sitting on the horse...anything less than that, you're just taking a chance.