PDA

View Full Version : Russell Baze

46zilzal
06-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Don't watch him ride much but I can see how he wins with so many: PATIENCE and sits chilly and helps the horse doesn't punish it.

EVERY good rider I have spoken to , and trainers for that matter, "if they don't move after a few pops, they aren't going to......anymore than that, outside of a very close finish, is just punishment for the horse."

Many a trainer will bounce a rider for that.

Spalding No!
06-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Don't watch him ride much but I can see how he wins with so many: PATIENCE and sits chilly and helps the horse doesn't punish it.

EVERY good rider I have spoken to , and trainers for that matter, "if they don't move after a few pops, they aren't going to......anymore than that, outside of a very close finish, is just punishment for the horse."

Many a trainer will bounce a rider for that.
He has his moments. Remember the investigation a few years ago with allegations of animal abuse after he "guided" a horse to the wire (and victory and subsequent euthanasia) after it went wrong inside the 1/16th pole?

Space Monkey
06-30-2010, 07:55 PM
I think Baze is a world class jock. His fear of flying has kept him from reaching the pinnacle.

letswastemoney
06-30-2010, 08:19 PM
I think Baze is a world class jock. His fear of flying has kept him from reaching the pinnacle.
He fears flying? Where did you hear that?