PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Schmidt

pgardn
08-08-2003, 10:18 AM
Mr. Schmidt
I do it for fun and money. I really dont see how anybody can make money over the long haul by using handicapping software and not enjoy the sport immensly at the same time. Does the software also read the tote board and decide what bet is most appropriate as they are loading. If so, it should tell you in most races not to bet. Does the software go to the paddock and check out the trainers and horses? Does the software know an individual track? the owners, trainers, and jocks not just by their #'s

I will make a not so bold contention:

No way a regular player makes a profit over the long haul using software. There is just too much other information to be taken into account. If they do I would like to see their records.

Secondly:

You must play at a track you know well and where the public that patronizes that track is ignorant. The OTB from simulcasting etc... is also a Godsend for these types of tracks.

If the above are not taken care of, I seriously doubt anybody makes money consistently at the track. If they do, I would like an email so I can view their records.

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2003, 10:31 AM
No need to post a separate thread. Please continue your discussion in the original thread.