PDA

View Full Version : Jockey's discussing strategy amongst themselves?

Stillriledup
06-27-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm watching TVG and they have this 'all access' show where they let you listen in on conversations. Anyway, in the 7th race, the rail rider (Quinonez) told the outside horse (talamo) that he's going to the front. I think this is good strategy for Quinonez to let Talamo know he's going to push the lead very hard because Talamo has a speed horse also.

I guess there's really nothing you can do if jockeys are talking amongst themselves and deciding to possibly NOT engage in a speed duel, but i don't know...is this some sort of race tampering? These horses are NOT coupled in the wagering, so i'm not sure about the sharing of strategy.

When you see this stuff it makes you (and me) think that jocks are all discussing the races before hand. I'd rather have them not discuss anything and just break out of there and ride, but i guess you can't have everything.

kenwoodall2
06-27-2010, 08:49 PM
And based on this 1 jockey warning you assiume what, all races are fixed? PM me and I will send you my handicapping method I used when it produced a 43% win rate, 90.3% ITM at various tracks, and 45 show in a row at GGF. I could never have done that if there was much cheating going on. Or try my $2 each for both top 2 choices in 1 race on Turf sprints and routes, and dirt/AW sprints when they are between 6/5 and 5/2 and no other horses less than 3-1. Or try my betting low odds-early speed when the median (middle) 4f dirt morning workout horse is faster than 49.0 seconds (I suggest maybe Dtonach tracks Lone Star where my public handicapping hit 16 of 23 top cloice picks), GP, and also Prarie (new track record 1 1/16 mile) and Portland meadows. MY handicapping depends on consistency and less than 5% cheating, doping, and luck.
My point is much cheating at all in any form would askew results and fav. not getting a decent % wins. Go to Brisnet's Handicapper's edge, At A Glances and peruse the various tracks for fav win % and biases- you will find some speed bias resulting in some high % race wire to wire.
The only consistent "cheating" I have found in racing at some tracks (not FL or NY tracks) is tracks trying to manipulate the speed to keep producing historical odds to win % corelations and to give all runners a chance to win- sometimes by slowing or speeding up the tracks.

Stillriledup
06-27-2010, 08:55 PM
No, i believe that most races are honest.

ddog
06-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Lone Star, you got to be kidding. My dog can pick 54% winners in dirt races there.
You can't beat something with nothing.

Not all are fixed and they sure as hell of the ones that are won't be on the win money betting.

You don't fix or "enhance" to get a 10.00 winner.

thespaah
06-27-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm watching TVG and they have this 'all access' show where they let you listen in on conversations. Anyway, in the 7th race, the rail rider (Quinonez) told the outside horse (talamo) that he's going to the front. I think this is good strategy for Quinonez to let Talamo know he's going to push the lead very hard because Talamo has a speed horse also.

I guess there's really nothing you can do if jockeys are talking amongst themselves and deciding to possibly NOT engage in a speed duel, but i don't know...is this some sort of race tampering? These horses are NOT coupled in the wagering, so i'm not sure about the sharing of strategy.

When you see this stuff it makes you (and me) think that jocks are all discussing the races before hand. I'd rather have them not discuss anything and just break out of there and ride, but i guess you can't have everything.
I do know that on the Harness side it is a violation of the rules for drivers to converse once they leave the paddock.

Was this conversation duirng post parade? Warmup? In the paddock?
I have heard audio from mic'ed rider. They yell at each other during races. One may tell other riders that they have a lot of horse and they are going forward or through a hole. Stuff like that.

Stillriledup
06-27-2010, 09:12 PM
I do know that on the Harness side it is a violation of the rules for drivers to converse once they leave the paddock.

Was this conversation duirng post parade? Warmup? In the paddock?
I have heard audio from mic'ed rider. They yell at each other during races. One may tell other riders that they have a lot of horse and they are going forward or through a hole. Stuff like that.

I'm not sure where it took place, Talamo said on TVG that Quinonez told him he was going to the front. So, These two jocks talked about it before the race at some point. It wasn't in the post parade, it was beforehand.

letswastemoney
06-27-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure where it took place, Talamo said on TVG that Quinonez told him he was going to the front. So, These two jocks talked about it before the race at some point. It wasn't in the post parade, it was beforehand.
I just looked at the charts. Unzip Me still set the pace. Maybe Quinonez was just trying to get into Talamo's head and play mental games with him. Or maybe Talamo rode more aggressively to make sure he had the lead. You wouldn't be able to guess that from the 23 first quarter though.

Hedevar
06-27-2010, 09:28 PM

Per Talamo they spoke in the jock's room.

Stillriledup
06-27-2010, 09:49 PM
I just looked at the charts. Unzip Me still set the pace. Maybe Quinonez was just trying to get into Talamo's head and play mental games with him. Or maybe Talamo rode more aggressively to make sure he had the lead. You wouldn't be able to guess that from the 23 first quarter though.

Talamo "Quarter horsed" his filly to the front and got over. Q never attempted to keep him hung out there, he let him go willingly and altered to the outside for room.