PDA

View Full Version : Only 11-Having a press conference!

only11
06-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Enough had $60 win @ Arlington 7th race 19-1 Bell By The Ridge....I lost the photo by less then a inch..
Had enough,,,hell with this game even when capped right you fing lose..the damn favorite beat me
I will take time off from the races and the PA forum..
I will announce my return stay tuned..

Bettowin
06-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Do we need to look at the replay?

PaceAdvantage
06-26-2010, 05:27 PM
And here I thought this thread would be the announcement of the much anticipated only11|Igeteven|X-file post-off.

only11
06-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Go ahead i won the !@# damn race

tzipi
06-26-2010, 05:40 PM
I always box big longshots I like with the favorite for a few bucks just to cover myself. Just too hard to lose like that. Tough beat.

only11
06-26-2010, 05:52 PM
This is why you cant win @ this game....Too many things have to go right for you to win....and since gambling is wrong to begin with(according to christianity) i will always be cursed..
When i go to church tomorrow im trying to beat the traffic to make my ADW post time..God watches all this stuff!I aint kidding

only11
06-26-2010, 05:54 PM
See you at the Spa..!!

speed
06-26-2010, 06:03 PM
For the gamblers sanity a place wager or a few exacta's with your bomb second works for some.

DeanT
06-26-2010, 06:08 PM
This is why you cant win @ this game....Too many things have to go right for you to win....and since gambling is wrong to begin with(according to christianity) i will always be cursed..
When i go to church tomorrow im trying to beat the traffic to make my ADW post time..God watches all this stuff!I aint kidding
Most excellent post :)

only11
06-26-2010, 06:11 PM
For the gamblers sanity a place wager or a few exacta's with your bomb second works for some.
Never made a place bet in my life....
My place bet is WHEELING THE ENTIRE FIELD OVER MY KEY HORSE ..SAME THING,,BUT MORE VALUE..HORSE PAID $17 TO PLACE ..EXACTA PAID $79 with the favorite...

Mike_412
06-26-2010, 06:40 PM
And here I thought this thread would be the announcement of the much anticipated only11|Igeteven|X-file post-off.

There's not enough alcohol in the world.

letswastemoney
06-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Then why do it if you're Christian...

only11
06-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Then why do it if you're Christian...
Im married thats why...

exiles
06-26-2010, 06:57 PM
I always box big longshots I like with the favorite for a few bucks just to cover myself. Just too hard to lose like that. Tough beat.

After the race we all what we should of done.

shouldacoulda
06-26-2010, 07:02 PM
What a burner. I lost a race like that at Tampa if memory serves correct. They never showed "the photo" I still think I won but the account doesn't reflect it. I didn't play there for the rest of the meet. That's how I get even. I figure after a while I will be so disgusted with every track, and every jockey, that I will take 2 weeks off and then quit! :liar:

PaceAdvantage
06-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Im married thats why...The hits just keep a comin'...

tzipi
06-26-2010, 07:43 PM
After the race we all what we should of done.

I always do it before the race. I never not bet a favorite with my big longshot in an exacta. You have to cover just incase. Otherwise you whole day is ruined :D

Robert Goren
06-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Im married thats why... Just to get it straight. Do you gamble because your married? or Are you a Christian because your married? Nosy minds want to know.;)

Hedevar
06-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I always do it before the race. I never not bet a favorite with my big longshot in an exacta. You have to cover just incase. Otherwise you whole day is ruined :D

It only took me twenty years to learn that, and some people say I'm a slow learner.

only11
06-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Im married thats a gamble itself..i go to church JUST IN CASE...
My wife doesnt mind me betting thourghbreds she thinks i win every week betting ZENYATTA..I show her Z's running lines,,so she figures im winning.

Grits
06-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Only . . . . This, too, shall pass.

Next week, you will have let it go completely.

You must be a Baptist if someone's convinced you God's out to get you.:lol:

Episcopalians and Catholics don't have that kinda pressure.:lol:

only11
06-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Love your Avatar thats what im doing now...staring into nowhere>

Space Monkey
06-26-2010, 08:39 PM
No, I think he belongs to a non-denominational Christian happy, singing, gathering church, like the Calvary or the Countryside Christian Church :rolleyes: GOD, I hate it when people bring up religion on this site :mad: .

If your wife believes you're winning by betting Z all the time :liar: , she must believe the flat tire excuse too. :lol:

If I have a lot of confidence in a 19-1 shot, I'll key box it in ex and or tris in addition to the win bet.

BlueShoe
06-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Otherwise you whole day is ruined :D
By this logic, my whole day is ruined every time I go to the otb site and make a number of wagers on tracks around the country. Cannot recall a single day on which I did not have at least one tough beat second, and it is not unusual to have days with several. We tend to dwell on the tough ones we lost, and view the ones we won as the normal order of things.

KidCapper
06-26-2010, 08:49 PM
I quit drinking and gambling 13 times since May. I'll probably quit drinking again tomorrow morning...depending on my hangover.

Grits
06-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Love your Avatar thats what im doing now...staring into nowhere>

Only, this ain't nowhere!!! Dogs worlds are just a little smaller and not as complicated as ours. This is her ottoman and her window. One of her favorite spots in the house, she's looking out for every neighbor that walks their dogs by, morning and evening. Watching for folks bicycling, too. Residing on the corner gives her more view, guard dog that she is. If she knew you were distraught, she'd share her spot with ya.

This beat will pass. Promise.

riskman
06-26-2010, 08:55 PM
My wife doesnt mind me betting thourghbreds she thinks i win every week betting ZENYATTA..I show her Z's running lines,,so she figures im winning.

So, you go to church "JUST IN CASE" but you do not back up you L/S pick with a place bet or Exacta with the favorite. "JUST IN CASE". Do give you credit for using the 19-1 shot as I would not have considered using the horse as a win or place candidate in this affair.

Steve 'StatMan'
06-26-2010, 09:11 PM

Never stopped our late former pastor or I when we sat together at AP.

cj's dad
06-26-2010, 09:33 PM

I have found that when a "bomb" wins a race, the fave is usually nowhere in sight !!

tzipi
06-26-2010, 09:40 PM
I have found that when a "bomb" wins a race, the fave is usually nowhere in sight !!

Very true most times :D

Hedevar
06-26-2010, 09:51 PM

However, its tough to take when your bomb gets beat by a chalk, and if the favorite does run second so much the better.

Robert Goren
06-26-2010, 11:30 PM
My wife doesnt mind me betting thourghbreds she thinks i win every week betting ZENYATTA..I show her Z's running lines,,so she figures im winning. I don't think "going to church just in case....." works on any level.;)

therussmeister
06-26-2010, 11:34 PM
My place bet is WHEELING THE ENTIRE FIELD OVER MY KEY HORSE ..SAME THING,,BUT MORE VALUE..HORSE PAID $17 TO PLACE ..EXACTA PAID $79 with the favorite...
In this case there was less value.

Eight horse field; $14 for a $2 wheel over the long shot to get the $79.40 exacta. Same $14 to place would have returned $120.40.

letswastemoney
06-26-2010, 11:36 PM
It was definitely God that made the favorite win over the longshot. He has rigged this game.

Robert Goren
06-26-2010, 11:48 PM
It was definitely God that made the favorite win over the longshot. He has rigged this game. No, but the devil may have.

newtothegame
06-26-2010, 11:58 PM
No, but the devil may have.

So ya could say, "the devil made me do it"? lol

takeout
06-27-2010, 12:09 AM
My place bet is WHEELING THE ENTIRE FIELD OVER MY KEY HORSE ..SAME THING,,BUT MORE VALUE..HORSE PAID $17 TO PLACE ..EXACTA PAID $79 with the favorite...Looks like the place bet had the better value on this particular one. $14 bet to place returns $119.

takeout
06-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Sorry, didn’t see the other post. Therussmeister beat me to it.

johnhannibalsmith
06-27-2010, 01:00 AM
It was definitely God that made the favorite win over the longshot. He has rigged this game.

You'd think the almighty would have the sense to play the longshot if he can determine the winner.

shouldacoulda
06-27-2010, 01:11 AM
i go to church JUST IN CASE...

I would pray that my wife didn't learn that Zenyatta only ran 17 times :lol:

HUSKER55
06-27-2010, 02:16 AM
wHO SAID gOD IS NOT A GAMBLER?

Took a shot with you,...right?

:D

only11
06-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Never stopped our late former pastor or I when we sat together at AP.
Classic..
Woke up this morning and my stable alert has 4 horses entered..Very tempting.../after yesterday i said to myself not til Saratoga...
Dont know what to do?
Movies(Karate Kid) or Bet the 4 horses?

PhantomOnTour
06-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Classic..
Woke up this morning and my stable alert has 4 horses entered..Very tempting.../after yesterday i said to myself not til Saratoga...
Dont know what to do?
Movies(Karate Kid) or Bet the 4 horses?
11San, I want you show me sand the floor!! Karate Kid all the way. Hey, Loyal Shadow isn't one of your stable mail horses, is he?

Robert Goren
06-27-2010, 10:52 AM

Took a shot with you,...right?

:DEven God can't win them all.;)

only11
06-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Let me ask you why Would you mention Loyals Shadow?

cj
06-27-2010, 03:31 PM

I thought you were taking a break.

PhantomOnTour
06-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Because he was on my watch list for his last and it was a smashing win while making up 10 lengths in the lane vs a fast final fraction...he remains on my list but the value is surely gone. Just wondering if anyone else noticed his last 2 races.

Yeah, I thought you were taking a break?

only11
06-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Its official tomorrow thats the start of the week...

BlueShoe
06-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Testing my memory a bit, but believe that Mark Cramer suggested some years ago of using the favorite over your longshot in an exacta rather than betting the longshot to place. Also seem to recall Barry Meadow doing some research on this idea, and not liking it. So who is right?

garyoz
06-27-2010, 05:38 PM
I thought someone who was eleven years old was having a press conference. The rest of this is the same old same old. Who cares if you lost a photo?

only11
06-27-2010, 05:44 PM
I thought someone who was eleven years old was having a press conference. The rest of this is the same old same old. Who cares if you lost a photo?
Just havin fun with it GAry.

Pace Cap'n
06-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Its official tomorrow thats the start of the week...

Not on my calendar.

therussmeister
06-27-2010, 10:15 PM

:D
Albert Einstein said God was not a gambler. A commonly paraphrased quote from a letter to Max Born:

"God does not play dice with the universe"