PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to BillW

Trijack
06-26-2010, 03:26 PM
I am in lexington, Ky 3 days for a high school reunion. We got here a day early and I had contacted BillW and he agreed to pick up my wife and I and take us to the Three Chimneys Horse Farm. What a interesting tour that turned out to be.

After the tour we went to Keenland Race Track to look around and have lunch.
I had been to this track one time on opening day in April of 2000. Sure is different without all the people and Bill showed us all around the track, what a beautiful place.

We are at the downtown Hilton where our event is taking place.
We will be leaving tomorrow for the hills of Ky where I was born and raised for a few days and then head back to California.

Thanks again to BillW for being a great tour guide.

Jack

BillW
06-26-2010, 03:29 PM
I am in lexington, Ky 3 days for a high school reunion. We got here a day early and I had contacted BillW and he agreed to pick up my wife and I and take us to the Three Chimneys Horse Farm. What a interesting tour that turned out to be.

I had been to this track one time on opening day in April of 2000. Sure is different without all the people and Bill showed us all around the track, what a beautiful place.

We will be leaving tomorrow for the hills of Ky where I was born and raised for a few days and then head back to California.

Jack

It was great to see you again, Jack. I hope you can make it back for the live meet. Safe travels!

JustRalph
06-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Billw, taking over the Chamber of Commerce in Lexington huh? :lol:

Good for you! I know how long you waited to get moved..........

stuball
06-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Bill is a great guy...generous and kind.

Stuball

OTM Al
06-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Darn it Bill, there you go again making all the rest of us look bad. Next thing you know you'll be handing out winners at the Spa....on second thought I could use a few of those....

thespaah
06-26-2010, 06:37 PM

Jack
Bill is a great guy. Very nice fellow. Gave us suggestions on what to do other then the races while we there there. We hooked up with him last year at Keeneland. We spent the day together ( my wife and I with Bill) then he joined us for dinner in the evening.
I wish I had done better at the windows, but never the less a good time was had by all.

PurplePower
06-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Jack,
I'm sorry I wasn't in Lexington and could meet y'all for lunch. Will be back from Washington mid-morning Sunday. Hope you do get back for live racing again sometime.
Reid.

Big Bill
06-27-2010, 11:13 AM
BillW,

When my wife and I visited Lexington you may not have been born yet! Keeneland was segregated, i.e., blacks had their own grandstand down by the far turn. And there was no P.A. system to hear the race calls.

The horse farm tour guide took us to all the major farms and stopped once by the side of a road to show us the tombstone of a horse, who I think was Domino, and told us a great story about that horse. If that story is true you must take Jack and his wife there when they return to Lexington.

Big Bill

so.cal.fan
06-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Bill W. is a super nice guy!

If everyone was like Bill, it would be a better world.

:)