46zilzal
06-26-2010, 02:02 PM
great great race and great call at Saratoga's Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCuJjhBBCSs

joanied
06-26-2010, 05:34 PM
great great race and great call at Saratoga's Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCuJjhBBCSs

This one should be in the sticky thread of race video's, Zilly...what a race, what a stretch drive...You was incredible getting through on the rail...and amazing that Bailey took the chance and did it...that race should have been a dead heat.
Damned colic surgery was the end of Carson Hollow, very, very sad.

toetoe
06-26-2010, 10:06 PM
I remember playing her in the BC Sprint. I think it was the year that Orientate ran down Thunderello. Also the year of the Drexel boys, maybe ? Or was that 2003 ... 2004 ... :confused: .

And, ya know ... well said.

Paseana
06-26-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm a little confused here. Why a RIP post on Carson Hollow now when she died back in 2003?

Am I missing something?

TiznowfaninNY
06-26-2010, 11:29 PM
I wondered the same thing when I saw the thread title.

Paseana
06-27-2010, 12:12 AM
It really is something that the 2002 Test Stakes, a GI for 3yo fillies at 7f, has evolved in racefans' memories into one of the greatest races of the 2000's. There's many that think that Test was one of the greatest rides of Jerry Bailey's career, and many more that think Tom Durkin's call of that race was one of the best in HIS career.

I for one will never forget it. I watched it on a TV monitor in Santa Anita's east Clubhouse patio. I have no recollection of who else was in that race, the odds, or even if I played it, and I didn't hear Durkin's call until getting a replay afterwards. I just sensed that I had seen something very special happen in that race, and that it wasn't going to be forgotten. I was right.

Carson Hollow died tragically in 2003, and You never won another GI stakes. But the two of them carved out a slice in time, and, 8 years later, it's still everything these horses are all about.